Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (629619 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by quivah(f): 11:46am On Dec 22, 2021
yunqdady:

Can someone do only weekend nights? Then do banks weekend nights somewhere else all together?
Nope. Except if your contract says so.
If they want a nurse for weekend nights

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by emmas2k570(m): 5:14pm On Dec 22, 2021
tolajay:
Nothing much.

After getting a job/COS document, apply for a visa and state that you have a dependent. Not sure if stating that you have a child matters to some employers.

Your under 18 child has to apply for a dependent visa, just like you.

See details here: https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-visa/your-partner-and-children

Please on this COS Matter i want to get a clarity, I asked my trust if my spouse can use my COS to apply for VISA, the trust recruitment admin said the COS is only for me and my spouse will have to apply for a separate visa.

I am confused, what does this mean?

And my spouse applying for a dependent visa, at what point will i declare i have a dependant which is my spouse ?

Thank you as i anticipate your responses
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Bluetherapy: 9:56pm On Dec 22, 2021
emmas2k570:

Please on this COS Matter i want to get a clarity, I asked my trust if my spouse can use my COS to apply for VISA, the trust recruitment admin said the COS is only for me and my spouse will have to apply for a separate visa.

And my spouse applying for a dependent visa, at what point will i declare i have a dependant which is my spouse ?

Yes the COS is only for you. But to help you bring your dependent without needing you or your dependent to show POF, they need to tick the Tick to certify maintenance for migrant (and dependants, if applicable) as Y.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 3:53am On Dec 23, 2021
Rutherford2019:
Is it possible to include my elder brother and my wife as my dependents if I'm relocating to USA with PR

NOT YOUR BROTHER, ONLY YOUR WIFE IS A DEPENDENT

Your dependents are your children under 21 (unmarried) and spouses only. There is a different visa to bring siblings to USA and it takes forever to get it approved because of the backlog.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tolajay: 8:23am On Dec 23, 2021
It's a tricky but simple situation.

Normally, the Trust would say the COS won't cover your dependent. What they mean is they won't provide accommodation, flight and visa fee and other pecks to your dependent.

However, you're allowed by law to bring your partner and under 18 kids with you. Hence, there's a place in the COS that states that it covers your dependent. That means, they can apply for dependent visa but not entitled to any peck from the Trust.

Usually, the Trust will certainly tick "Y" as in yes for the clause that says it covers your dependents. If it doenst, you can discuss it with Trust. So, relax and watch things upload.

Organised systems like the NHS and UK are always open to dialogue on any issue.

Hope that helps clarify the issue.

emmas2k570:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by emmas2k570(m): 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2021
Bluetherapy:

Yes the COS is only for you. But to help you bring your dependent without needing you or your dependent to show POF, they need to tick the Tick to certify maintenance for migrant (and dependants, if applicable) as Y.

Thank you i really appreciate
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by emmas2k570(m): 2:22pm On Dec 23, 2021
tolajay:
It's a tricky but simple situation.

Normally, the trust would say the COS won't cover your dependent. What they mean is they won't provide accommodation, flight and visa fee and other pecks to your dependent.

However, you're allowed by law to bring your partner and under 18 kids with you. Hence, there's a place in the COS that states that it covers your dependent. That means, they can apply for dependent visa but not entitled to any peck from the trust.

So you can relax. They trust will certainly tick "Y" as in yes for the clause that says it covers your dependents. If it doenst, you can discuss it with trust.

Hope that helps clarify the issue.

Yeah it does clarify the issue. Thank you so much for the explanation
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by DAramis: 10:35pm On Dec 23, 2021
africaflozy:

Ok thanks!
Update! A lady is in uk presently working as a RN!
She studied in phillipines, wrote NCLEX and that's what she is using to work in UK. She said she didn't come back to Nigeria at all.
Case closed.

Can you give more detailed information on this?
Does that mean, irrespective of where you studied, just write any licence examination of your choice and use it to apply for Work in the UK?

If someone is not licensed in that country where he or she schooled especially due to language barrier, can the person still be able to work in UK? I would not mind if I can get linked up to the said person. Need her practical experience and how she was able to do it.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Gratefulme: 1:09pm On Dec 26, 2021
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by EniEye: 11:38pm On Dec 26, 2021
Good day house, please how do I know that I am eligible to write CBT? I have been verified and gotten messages from Pearson vue and NMC but saw people talking about att. Someone should please clarify. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Naijasumii: 11:21am On Dec 27, 2021
EniEye:
Good day house, please how do I know that I am eligible to write CBT? I have been verified and gotten messages from Pearson vue and NMC but saw people talking about att. Someone should please clarify. Thanks

The message you got from NMC stating that you can now write CBT and OSCE is the ATT
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by EniEye: 12:11pm On Dec 27, 2021
Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tolajay: 4:12pm On Dec 27, 2021
Not sure there's an alternative.

You will still need those reports at the visa application stage.

What country is that? How many years ago did you visit there? Why is it almost impossible to get the police report?

Gratefulme:
Provision of police clearance certificate for nmc registration, what if its near impossible getting clearance from a country one once lived in for years? What can be done please?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by emmas2k570(m): 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2021
Please house, i have an issue. I need your advise

I just got my COS now and trying to apply for VISA, in the guideline i was sent i saw this statement, "Planned travel information: You need to enter your planned arrival date to the UK (This needs to be roughly a week before the start date on the COS unless otherwise stated on your previous email)"

Now my Start date on my COS is 24th of Jan, long before the COS came I plan on doing my registry before leaving on Jan 20th which the date has been fixed already which means if i want to go by this statement, my arrival date should be 1 week before 24th of Jan that is my start date.

Now my question is Can i just pick a tentative date which will be 1 week before the start date or Should i pick a date like 21st of Jan as my arrival date which is 3 days before the start date

Please i will appreciate our responses as this is getting my confused. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Bluetherapy: 4:40pm On Dec 29, 2021
emmas2k570:

I just got my COS now and trying to apply for VISA, in the guideline i was sent i saw this statement, "Planned travel information: You need to enter your planned arrival date to the UK (This needs to be roughly a week before the start date on the COS unless otherwise stated on your previous email)"

Now my Start date on my COS is 24th of Jan, long before the COS came I plan on doing my registry before leaving on Jan 20th which the date has been fixed already which means if i want to go by this statement, my arrival date should be 1 week before 24th of Jan that is my start date.

Now my question is Can i just pick a tentative date which will be 1 week before the start date or Should i pick a date like 21st of Jan as my arrival date which is 3 days before the start date

Please i will appreciate our responses as this is getting my confused. Thank you
I think it's easier if you first speak with your recruiter about this.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Fiestafetta: 7:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
emmas2k570:

Please what type of job do you get? Nursing?

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Fiestafetta: 7:15pm On Dec 29, 2021
emmas2k570:

Please what type of job do you get? Is it nursing?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by emeraldoe(f): 8:55am On Dec 30, 2021
emmas2k570:

My COS stated that I'm to resume on d 13th. I stated on the 12th as my arrival date on my visa application.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by emmas2k570(m): 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2021
emeraldoe:
My COS stated that I'm to resume on d 13th. I stated on the 12th as my arrival date on my visa application.

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by emmas2k570(m): 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2021
Bluetherapy:

I think it's easier if you first speak with your recruiter about this.

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by emmas2k570(m): 4:22pm On Dec 30, 2021
Fiestafetta:

Please what type of job do you get? Is it nursing?

Yes please
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by emmas2k570(m): 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2021
When applying for visa i got to a stage where they asked IF MY SPOUSE WILL BE TRAVELLING WITH YOU. I picked NO with the thought that he is not travelling with me right now but will join me soon

I hope this wont be an issue when he applies for visa in few months time as someone that her spouse is also joining her in few months time said she picked YES to the question and inputted his Passport number

Please i need clarification on this. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Uniqueme(f): 10:30pm On Dec 30, 2021
Please I can't seem to find any CBT center in port-harcourt. Any there nurses in port Harcourt that can help.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by chidirobert(m): 11:22pm On Dec 30, 2021
[color=#550000][/color]
Uniqueme:
Please I can't seem to find any CBT center in port-harcourt. Any there nurses in port
Harcourt that can help.
There is currently no center in port Harcourt closest is Enugu or Asaba

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Uniqueme(f): 12:55am On Dec 31, 2021
Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by veedboss: 4:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
Ndidi2:
God bless u for ur response.
my husband has been begging me to go and do nursing to pave a way to travel out of naija bc of our kids but m 43 so l was thinking is already late.
Pls what do u think?
Same boat here.....are you in Lagos?
I intend starting this Year

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by SonOfNobody: 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2022
Good day everyone

What does a biochemistry graduate needs to do to become a nurse in Canada?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Greatken007(m): 3:47am On Jan 03, 2022
Good Morning all , please does anyone have idea of the general living conditions such as safety, accommodation in Somerset and wales , which is most preferred between the two for a Nigerian Nurse planning to relocate.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by millykel: 9:21am On Jan 03, 2022
Please I need help with OET study materials. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by rayka: 10:03am On Jan 04, 2022
pls send me link for the care jobs olajidefunmilola1@yahoo.com. Thank you
sharkdodo14:

Thanks in anticipation; abisikoko14@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by rayka: 11:20am On Jan 04, 2022
hi pls i am interested in the care home job links

Cecegodween1:
I'm interested - cynthiaoguzie@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

Viewing this topic: waleey27(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.