Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (627680 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by finfol007(m): 9:52am On Apr 23, 2017
auschris:
Dave, you reach here?

I reach ooo.....lolz.....

Nd will still spread d good news of Avant sef....to a wider coverage for naija nurses most esp....

No time yt....

Make i finish my exams fest....then enough tym go dey
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mamajaz(f): 2:03pm On Apr 23, 2017
finfol007:

Nd will still spread d good news of Avant sef....to a wider coverage for naija nurses most esp....

No time yt....

so Avant is this good.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 2:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
Avant is a blessing
mamajaz:

so Avant is this good.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mamajaz(f): 2:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
auschris:
Avant is a blessing
please take my hand and guide me, I used to think they might end up extorting one.
Please, make I pm you?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by amy27: 2:25pm On Apr 23, 2017
God day all,may God fulfil our heart desires,just want to ask if there is any nurse in the house in kogi or lokoja that is into avant.thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 2:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
No wahala
mamajaz:

please take my hand and guide me, I used to think they might end up extorting one.
Please, make I pm you?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mamajaz(f): 2:46pm On Apr 23, 2017
auschris:
No wahala
Thanks bro, Ai don send am.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 2:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
mamajaz:

Thanks bro, Ai don send am.
There's a problem with the private messaging system here. What's your name on Facebook?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mamajaz(f): 4:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
auschris:

There's a problem with the private messaging system here. What's your name on Facebook?
sorry bro, I slept off.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2017
they did not take my wife o...theytold her she need to work with 100 bed hospital...nawa. and our sister is there o
finfol007:

No time yt....

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 4:54pm On Apr 23, 2017
Avant is very good. Dunno why we did not get it. but it's ok
auschris:
Avant is a blessing
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by waterfas: 8:35pm On Apr 23, 2017
Tunjinodaysoff:
Avant is very good. Dunno why we did not get it. but it's ok

OGP is also good with just two year bond
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Olumike7: 10:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
auschris:
Avant is a blessing
How are you doing brother? Does one need the cgfns certificate to sign up with Avant? I will be happy if you could also put me through on this. I am doing this for my wife. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 10:48pm On Apr 23, 2017
Add me. Augustine Christopher
mamajaz:

sorry bro, I slept off, Folasade Ayokanmi AKINYEMI.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 4:07am On Apr 24, 2017
I'm good. You don't the CGFNS certificate to sign up. I suggest you go through their website first and then get back to me with specific questions. Meanwhile, add me on Facebook
Olumike7:

How are you doing brother? Does one need the cgfns certificate to sign up with Avant? I will be happy if you could also put me through on this. I am doing this for my wife. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 4:12am On Apr 24, 2017
OGP is a seasoned agency. I had a glimpse of their contract recently. I prefer the avant package because the contract is in hours.
waterfas:

OGP is also good with just two year bond
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 7:21am On Apr 24, 2017
Please oo, can we have the avant tutorial here? Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 1:05pm On Apr 24, 2017
What kind of of tutorial?
barbiee:
Please oo, can we have the avant tutorial here? Thank you
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 1:35pm On Apr 24, 2017
Olumike7:

@Auschris this tutorial
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 1:38pm On Apr 24, 2017
mamajaz:

Please, make I pm you?
@auschris this too
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 1:41pm On Apr 24, 2017
auschris:
OGP is a seasoned agency. I had a glimpse of their contract recently. I prefer the avant package because the contract is in hours.
what do you mean by "seasoned" and is it true that OGP requires English?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 3:14pm On Apr 24, 2017
OGP has been in the business of recruiting international nurses to the US for longer than most of the agencies around now (including avant). Their "shakara" too much before. They only interested in recruiting nurses from the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica and South Africa. Most Nigerian nurses in the early to mid 2000 migrated through agencies like White Glove Care and Kforce.
With the onset of visa retrogression around 2006, most agencies went out of business or transformed to travel nurse agencies. OGP went into hibernation. WGC and Kforce folded up. Kforce transfered most of their clients to Avant.
Avant started in 2003 and were actively recruiting nurses during the retrogression. They didn't abandon their clients. When the retrogression began to ease off around 2013, there was an influx of international nurses to the US through avant. That is how they became a major player in the business. Others are now trying to catch up.
PassportUSA only started accepting nurses with CGFNS last year. OGP now accepts nurses without CGFNS or NCLEX-RN. I don't know about the English proficiency requirements.
Avant made it easier for nurses without CGFNS, NCLEX-RN, or IELTS to be signed up. Others are just playing catch up to get a share of the market. Every fortnight, an average of 20 nurses and physical therapists come into the US to start the avant transition program before they are deployed to their states of assignment.
Avant has a comprehensive program that prepares one for life in the US and to quickly adapt to the the healthcare system in the US.

barbiee:
what do you mean by "seasoned" and is it true that OGP requires English?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by finfol007(m): 3:29pm On Apr 24, 2017
mamajaz:

so Avant is this good.

Yup

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by finfol007(m): 3:33pm On Apr 24, 2017
Tunjinodaysoff:
they did not take my wife o...theytold her she need to work with 100 bed hospital...nawa. and our sister is there o

Every agency has its own set of rules.... Its stated clearly both in their adverts and website that you need to work currently in a facility(secondary or tertiary) with at least 100 beds and at least 1year working experience in medical, surgical, icu, emergency and theatre

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Demrich(m): 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2017
auschris:
I'm good. You don't the CGFNS certificate to sign up. I suggest you go through their website first and then get back to me with specific questions. Meanwhile, add me on Facebook
no b only u b Augustine Christopher ooo, hw can 1 identify u? The problem is whats the first step to take...precisely procedure. Is it IELTS ( do expires ) first, notarising of cert, cert evaluation or 1 can just sign up n wait 4 instructions.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2017
Demrich:
no b only u b Augustine Christopher ooo, hw can 1 identify u? The problem is whats the first step to take...precisely procedure. Is it IELTS ( do expires ) first, notarising of cert, cert evaluation or 1 can just sign up n wait 4 instructions.
My profile pic. Any other Augustine Christopher is counterfeit grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 4:29pm On Apr 24, 2017
Demrich:
This is a summary of the steps :

Application
Pre-screening assessment
Format resume
Complete checklist
Phone/Skype interview
Competency test(not always)
Sign contract
Submit documents
Begin NCLEX review
Apply to a board of nursing (state is usually selected by avant)
Travel to India for NCLEX
Write IELTS
Apply for visascreen certificate
Immigration process(there are different steps in this phase)
Visa medicals
Visa interview
Travel to the US

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mamajaz(f): 4:54pm On Apr 24, 2017
[quote author=auschris post=55874956]
Lovely Chris, lemma goan search for the application.
@auschris, your wife is a twin bah? Her twin sister is Nneka, we once worked together at hygeiea....such a small world..
&
you gat lovely kids @ dp.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 5:14pm On Apr 24, 2017
[quote author=mamajaz post=55875618][/quote]
She's a nurse but not a twin. Maybe it's her look alike. Thanks for the compliments.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Demrich(m): 5:39pm On Apr 24, 2017
auschris:

Application
Pre-screening assessment
Format resume
Complete checklist
Phone/Skype interview
Competency test(not always)
Sign contract
Submit documents
Begin NCLEX review
Apply to a board of nursing (state is usually selected by avant)
Travel to India for NCLEX
Write IELTS
Apply for visascreen certificate
Immigration process(there are different steps in this phase)
Visa medicals
Visa interview
Travel to the US
i ve read all the pages but u just simplified it! My wife is a nurse, RN, Bnsc....Cgfns nko?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 7:11pm On Apr 24, 2017
Writing the CGFNS exam is not compulsory but you must go through CGFNS for credentials evaluation. Refer to the initial posts by the creator of this thread for information on how CGFNS is involved
Demrich:
i ve read all the pages but u just simplified it! My wife is a nurse, RN, Bnsc....Cgfns nko?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.