Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,796 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (627663 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by AjaoSandra: 9:35am On May 22, 2017
Apparently NNAS is a no go area, thank God I didn't just throw away 650USD for the initial assessment. Was on allnurses.com where different RN's gave their experience so far with it, no one has ever had a satisfactory assessment with the system, even a US BSN syllabus came in 'incomparable' where you are now referred to take An OSCE called the IENCAP with a touchstone Institution which apparently cannot hold the Influx of the IENs coming for it, so you have test dates hardly fixed and when they are the capacity of candidates they can test is just so small and you have a lot of nurses on a hold, after that you are referred to take some courses which with what I gathered is like starting the whole process of the degree nursing again. With the way it is no nurse trained outside Canada is qualified enough to be licensed there, and the whole process takes a lot of cash, a lot of time. Guess that's why most people trying out for Canada opt for OMNI college cos as it is going through them saves you all these Wahala, but then again "the Cost Implication"

Please is there anyone who has been on the UK recruitment process, how has it been Pls? I mean after passing the IELTS, the CBT, travelling n working under supervision, the OSCE and all, how is it? with what I gathered so far, the IELTS is the major hurdle, every other step is easy(took the IELTS 3ce, always marked down in the #Reading) , want to know how true this is, may be I can start on that road again, And i gathered its all within a short space of time..... @gratefulme how far with yours?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gratefulme40: 11:49am On May 22, 2017
AjaoSandra:
Apparently NNAS is a no go area, thank God I didn't just throw away 650USD for the initial assessment. Was on allnurses.com where different RN's gave their experience so far with it, no one has ever had a satisfactory assessment with the system, even a US BSN syllabus came in 'incomparable' where you are now referred to take An OSCE called the IENCAP with a touchstone Institution which apparently cannot hold the Influx of the IENs coming for it, so you have test dates hardly fixed and when they are the capacity of candidates they can test is just so small and you have a lot of nurses on a hold, after that you are referred to take some courses which with what I gathered is like starting the whole process of the degree nursing again. With the way it is no nurse trained outside Canada is qualified enough to be licensed there, and the whole process takes a lot of cash, a lot of time. Guess that's why most people trying out for Canada opt for OMNI college cos as it is going through them saves you all these Wahala, but then again "the Cost Implication"

Please is there anyone who has been on the UK recruitment process, how has it been Pls? I mean after passing the IELTS, the CBT, travelling n working under supervision, the OSCE and all, how is it? with what I gathered so far, the IELTS is the major hurdle, every other step is easy(took the IELTS 3ce, always marked down in the #Reading) , want to know how true this is, may be I can start on that road again, And i gathered its all within a short space of time..... @gratefulme how far with yours?

U.K. Is pretty straight forward. If you get ielts, holla at me.

I am mainly quiet cos most people are looking in US direction.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by desy24444(m): 3:21pm On May 22, 2017
gratefulme40:

bro we are here to share knowledge and experience. If you know much abt the UK process, say it, u Neva can tell someone might be interested. Besides the group is not USA specified

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mamajaz(f): 9:24pm On May 22, 2017
gratefulme40:

I am interested so please. I am trying Oz though but anywhere now is cool for me. IELTS already fixed.
Please, nah beg Ai dey beg oh.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gratefulme40: 9:44pm On May 22, 2017
mamajaz:

I am interested so please. I am trying Oz though but anywhere now is cool for me. IELTS already fixed.
Please, nah beg Ai dey beg oh.

https://ireg.nmc-uk.org/

follow the above link. it will take you to NMC uk registration page for internationally trained nurses.
sign up and complete the registration process. It will request for your ielts test report form number
when you have signed up, you will receive a congratulatory email stating that you have passed your eligibility stage and that you should proceed to pearson vue to register for cbt

Within the next 24-48hours, you will receive another email with log in details. This is your authorization to test email. That is, an email authorizing you to register and sit for CBT (computer based test)

Your only challenge at this stage will be paying for cbt as the payment is done online and it does not accept Nigerian cards, you will need to find someone in the UK to make this payment for you.

Once you have sat and passed your cbt, you can get a employer (sponsor to whisk you over)

You will do your OSCE in the UK as there are no test centres for OSCE outside UK just yet

If you decide to go with UK and you get stuck in the process, drop a line here. I will respond.

Meanwhile, I saw your pm, I am unable to respond to pms as i have forgotten the log in details for the email i used for my NL account.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gratefulme40: 9:46pm On May 22, 2017
desy24444:
bro we are here to share knowledge and experience. If you know much abt the UK process, say it, u Neva can tell someone might be interested. Besides the group is not USA specified

My dear, if you have fololwoed this thread from the beginning, you will notice i have contributed. I have provided general information regarding UK registration.

I am available and willing to answer specific questions at this stage

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mamajaz(f): 9:54pm On May 22, 2017
gratefulme40:

https://ireg.nmc-uk.org/

follow the above link. it will take you to NMC uk registration page for internationally trained nurses.
sign up and complete the registration process. It will request for your ielts test report form number
when you have signed up, you will receive a congratulatory email stating that you have passed your eligibility stage and that you should proceed to pearson vue to register for cbt

Within the next 24-48hours, you will receive another email with log in details. This is your authorization to test email. That is, an email authorizing you to register and sit for CBT (computer based test)

Your only challenge at this stage will be paying for cbt as the payment is done online and it does not accept Nigerian cards, you will need to find someone in the UK to make this payment for you.

Once you have sat and passed your cbt, you can get a employer (sponsor to whisk you over)

You will do your OSCE in the UK as there are no test centres for OSCE outside UK just yet

If you decide to go with UK and you get stuck in the process, drop a line here. I will respond.

Meanwhile, I saw your pm, I am unable to respond to pms as i have forgotten the log in details for the email i used for my NL account.
You're such a darling. Accept my hugging offering.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by desy24444(m): 10:45pm On May 22, 2017
gratefulme40:

My dear, if you have fololwoed this thread from the beginning, you will notice i have contributed. I have provided general information regarding UK registration.

nice. Thanks for the good work
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 12:12pm On May 23, 2017
Hi all. My wife just had her nclex exam in India. The computer closed at 86 questions after 2+ hours. She said it was a bit tough. Please wish us best.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 1:39pm On May 23, 2017
Tunjinodaysoff:
Hi all. My wife just had her nclex exam in India. The computer closed at 86 questions after 2+ hours. She said it was a bit tough. Please wish us best.
It is well with her. NCLEX-RN is tough but people pass it. There were about 16 avant candidates that took the exam today in New Delhi. I have already done the Pearson Vue trick for one of them and she was successful.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by barbiee: 2:32pm On May 23, 2017
Tunjinodaysoff:
success is her portion, don't forget to drop your testimony oo
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 3:07pm On May 23, 2017
Another person just had a good pop up.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 3:54pm On May 23, 2017
auschris:

It is well with her. NCLEX-RN is tough but people pass it. There were about 16 avant candidates that took the exam today in New Delhi. I have already done the Pearson Vue trick for one of them and she was successful.
you should have done pearson vue trick for my wife na..anyway she will pass by HIS GRACE. Amen
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by finfol007(m): 5:19pm On May 23, 2017
gratefulme40:

What score in ielts are we looking at?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by finfol007(m): 5:21pm On May 23, 2017
Tunjinodaysoff:
you should have done pearson vue trick for my wife na..anyway she will pass by HIS GRACE. Amen

T.j ....is your wife with Avant?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 5:41pm On May 23, 2017
finfol007:

T.j ....is your wife with Avant?
nah...cirrus

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 5:53pm On May 23, 2017
Tunjinodaysoff:
I don't have her details. I have done for 3 persons already.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mamajaz(f): 6:02pm On May 23, 2017
gratefulme40:

Bros are you in the UK?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gratefulme40: 7:06pm On May 23, 2017
finfol007:

What score in ielts are we looking at?

7 in all 4 parts (writing, reading, listening and speaking. Over all band of 7
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gratefulme40: 7:07pm On May 23, 2017
mamajaz:

Bros are you in the UK?

I am a sister.
Yeah. I am.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Inkredible(m): 7:07pm On May 23, 2017
Hugging offerings and Pearson Vue tricks..

Anyway, in regards to my Australia waka based on Nursing level.

I saw somewhere in the thread where Northern Territories of Australia was referenced as a hot cake point of entry. I went ahead to carryout my research on the way to access it. I picked Darwin (a town in NT Australia) and searched for recruitment agencies. Next, I found one. I filled out the form online and sent to them.

Yesterday, I got a reply.

Firstly, I was to get registered with AHPRA and then resend the CV to proceed.

They suggested I check if my country was among the nations that are likely to be registered by AHPRA.

Well I was not surprised when I clicked the link and found out that Nigeria was among the long list of countries that "are likely to not get accredited with AHPRA".

I sent another mail informing them and asking if there was any sponsored bridging program that can be explored of which they promptly replied No. They said any bridging program is pursued independently and they wish me luck if I should choose to go ahead with it.

All focus is now diverted fully to UK and Ireland. Oga gratefulme40 if you don't mind, kindly point out the pros and cons of these two. Which is the best way to approach?

Nail IELTS and let recruitment agencies take over (they will pay for all exams afterwards and flight ticket)

Or proceed solo as you did and get employement offer directly which will foot the osce bill.

Thanks in advance
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gratefulme40: 8:16pm On May 23, 2017
Inkredible:

I saw somewhere in the thread where Northern Territories of Australia was referenced as a hot cake point of entry. I went ahead to carryout my research on the way to access it. I picked Darwin (a town in NT Australia) and searched for recruitment agencies. Next, I found one. I filled out the form online and sent to them.

They suggested I check if my country was among the nations that are likely to be registered by AHPRA.

Well I was not surprised when I clicked the link and found out that Nigeria was among the long list of countries that "are likely to not get accredited with AHPRA".

I sent another mail informing them and asking if there was any sponsored bridging program that can be explored of which they promptly replied No. They said any bridging program is pursued independently and they wish me luck if I should choose to go ahead with it.

All focus is now diverted fully to UK and Ireland. Oga gratefulme40 if you don't mind, kindly point out the pros and cons of these two. Which is the best way to approach?

Nail IELTS and let recruitment agencies take over (they will pay for all exams afterwards and flight ticket)

Or proceed solo as you did and get employement offer directly which will foot the osce bill.

Thanks in advance

I will suggest you get your IELTs
Do and pass your CBT

And then find an employer. You can get an employer by yourself or let an angency do it for you.

The importance of getting an employer at this stage is that they will pay for your osce which costs almost £1k

Besides the cost, they will prepare you for your osce. Chances of passing osce on your own with your own preparation is very slim.

Do make sure you choose a hospital as your employer not a care home or nursing home. Failure rate for osce is very high amongst foreign nurses recruited by care homes and nursing homes.

NB: an employer is same as sponsor. They provide sponsorship for work visa.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Inkredible(m): 9:26pm On May 23, 2017
I appreciate the prompt response.

Just a quick one, how much does CBT cost in Naira?

Are their resource materials for preparations on it?

How do one find a good hospital to apply for in UK?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 5:35am On May 24, 2017
auschris:

I'll pay the quick results fee
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:54am On May 24, 2017
Inkredible:

Thanks in advance

Ah. Sponsor you for bridging program? lai lai. cheesy NT will only sponsor you after you have your registration

Honestly though, they sponsor nurses like crazy there. Too many sponsored foreign trained health care workers in NT

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mamajaz(f): 10:28am On May 24, 2017
Inkredible:
I appreciate the prompt response.

Just a quick one, how much does CBT cost in Naira?

Are their resource materials for preparations on it?

How do one find a good hospital to apply for in UK?
By his grace, my form AGOS - 40, will be leaving the shores of Nigeria today for Melbourne, although they claimed naija might not get that positive, there's room for the bridging program which will be footed by me ( about AUD 11500, ( hussy gave me a go ahead, although we aren't so financially on the buoyant side, we will try our best). I believe, its all about passion, preference and sacrifice.
Av made efforts to gather documents as much as my hands could touch, having passed through three different schools made it note financially tasking. All in all, I remain hopeful.
Meanwhile, I av filled my UK form to a stage but yet to get to where I will fill in my IELTS ref number Slowlybtsurely, I will get there.
So, incredible, I will keep you and the house posted on further developments.
May God pick our calls oh.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 10:30am On May 24, 2017
auschris:

bro can I give you her details
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by mamajaz(f): 11:23am On May 24, 2017
@ gratefulme40, av received that congratulatory message, and was informed to prepare for CBT, please, what does it entail oh? How much is it?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 12:57pm On May 24, 2017
Tunjinodaysoff:
bro can I give you her details
Yes, you can. If you connect with me on Facebook, inbox me. The details I need are her Pearson Vue login details and the board of nursing she applied to.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Tunjinodaysoff(m): 1:02pm On May 24, 2017
auschris:

Yes, you can. If you connect with me on Facebook, inbox me. The details I need are her Pearson Vue login details and the board of nursing she applied to.
unfortunately i just tried it with a friends credit card and we were scheduled for another exam...she is very sad right now
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by auschris: 1:18pm On May 24, 2017
Tunjinodaysoff:
unfortunately i just tried it with a friends credit card and we were scheduled for another exam...she is very sad right now
It is well. I do it with a card that has nothing in it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by gratefulme40: 1:27pm On May 24, 2017
mamajaz:
@ gratefulme40, av received that congratulatory message, and was informed to prepare for CBT, please, what does it entail oh? How much is it?

Cbt costs about £140.
The good book to read is royal marsden. You can get it on amazon.
Check for a document called the blue print on NMC website. Its another important thing to go through though it looks a bit muddled up.

Overall, start reading. Prepare for your Cbt. To be honest, I think Cbt is not difficult. Once you feel ready, register for it and sit for it. We can sort out an employer afterwards.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.