Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. (628254 Views)

23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Opportunity For Nurses And Midwives To Work In Dubai / Working Abroad Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sgtponzihater1(m): 5:20pm On Apr 03, 2019
BossLadyCEO:

Just to mention a few:
- Mentor merlin
- Medacs
- Envertiz
- Asores
- MMA
- IANS

Google them and help yourself

Plss assist me with contact in the nursing council to assist us with filling NMC form on a fast track. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sesay: 5:27pm On Apr 03, 2019
mamajaz:

WES is the odd one out. Use either IQAS or ICES, only difference is ICES will charge you per number of certificates to evaluate, while IQAS will ask you to pay 200CAD irrespective if the number of certificates you are evaluating. Turn out time is same, reasonable ratings is same too.

please how long does it take IQAS to receive document sent to them? I sent my certificate for evaluation since January and it not been received, after submission and delivered by the courier service. I am worried. kindly shed more light into how it work. plz
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by MamaTheMama: 9:13pm On Apr 03, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

Plss assist me with contact in the nursing council to assist us with filling NMC form on a fast track. Thanks.

My advice is best go to Abuja and do your verification directly there. You will get all the fast track in Abuja that you need. If you submit in Lagos, they will waste your time, it can even take up to 3months.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:15pm On Apr 03, 2019
MamaTheMama:

My advice is best go to Abuja and do your verification directly there. You will get all the fast track in Abuja that you need. If you submit in Lagos, they will waste your time, it can even take up to 3months.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 9:43pm On Apr 03, 2019
sgtponzihater1:
Hello. Plss I need a contact with nursing council . My wife needs to fill the NMC form to aid her registration.

Kindly assist.
send me a PM
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 9:53pm On Apr 03, 2019
sesay:

please how long does it take IQAS to receive document sent to them? I sent my certificate for evaluation since January and it not been received, after submission and delivered by the courier service. I am worried. kindly shed more light into how it work. plz

1......IQAS advices candidates to track their packages themselves through the courier so that they are sure that it was delivered.
2......IQAS can take up to 2mths to notify the candidate of receipt of documents and would only notify you once they have received ALL your documents( that is transcripts, certificates and Verification of licenses from NMCN).
you have to be really patient as the process can take up to 4mths or more. You can also call IQAS so they can tell you what month packages they are currently opening. There is also a thread for IQAS canadidates on "Canadavisa forum", I also found this thread helpful during my waiting time.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Laurel3333: 11:49pm On Apr 03, 2019
vickyehi:

1......IQAS advices candidates to track their packages themselves through the courier so that they are sure that it was delivered.
2......IQAS can take up to 2mths to notify the candidate of receipt of documents and would only notify you once they have received ALL your documents( that is transcripts, certificates and Verification of licenses from NMCN).
you have to be really patient as the process can take up to 4mths or more. You can also call IQAS so they can tell you what month packages they are currently opening. There is also a thread for IQAS canadidates on "Canadavisa forum", I also found this thread helpful during my waiting time.
. Hello ,please follow back. I have a few questions I want to run by you concerning IQAS .im stuck! Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sesay: 10:52am On Apr 04, 2019
vickyehi:

Thank you so much Vicky, are you saying they would not acknowledge receipt of my Credential and transcript until they receive my license verification? cos, NMCN is yet to send my license verification to them. Though I've completed the process just for them to send, I was told is going to take 6weeks b4 they will send, that I should start counting from last week.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by jeito1: 3:53pm On Apr 04, 2019
@Barbie and other gurus Can you avail me with the cost of NMCN verification that will be sent to NMC?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Puojebo: 4:34pm On Apr 04, 2019
BossLadyCEO:

Just to mention a few: - Mentor merlin - Medacs - Envertiz - Asores - MMA - IANS
Google them and help yourself
thank you sir..grateful
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sesay: 8:25pm On Apr 04, 2019
vickyehi:

Thank you so much Vicky, are you saying they would not acknowledge receipt of my Credential and transcript until they receive my license verification? cos, NMCN is yet to send my license verification to them. Though I've completed the process just for them to send, I was told is going to take 6weeks b4 they will send, that I should start counting from last week.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by deb02: 2:39pm On Apr 06, 2019
I received a mail from OGP agency and they said US processing takes about a year or more..but my question is what why does it take so long.. Is it the CES report..or what cos UK is just about 3months like I heard...

Please I need your response
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by JoannaSedley(f): 4:34pm On Apr 06, 2019
deb02:
I received a mail from OGP agency and they said US processing takes about a year or more..but my question is what why does it take so long.. Is it the CES report..or what cos UK is just about 3months like I heard...

CES
BON
ATT
NCLEX
VISASCREEN
1-140

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 7:18am On Apr 07, 2019
sesay:

They would send you acknowledgement of your credentials about 1mth after receiving your verification from council. Your processing time starts when the receive your very last document.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by vickyehi: 7:28am On Apr 07, 2019
deb02:

Well it's simply because USA is providing you with a permanent resident Visa(you can apply for citizenship after about 5years) after you do the licensure portion of the process while the UK gives you a work Visa(you can apply for PR after about 5 years).
So technically the immigration portion of the process is what takes time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:37am On Apr 07, 2019
vickyehi:

Well it's simply because USA is providing you with a permanent resident Visa(you can apply for citizenship after about 5years) after you do the licensure portion of the process while the UK gives you a work Visa(you can apply for PR after about 5 years).
So technically the immigration portion of the process is what takes time.

Pls what is the fastest processing time for registration with NMC UK, and being able to land a band 4 job. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by zeezaa(f): 11:55am On Apr 07, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

Pls what is the fastest processing time for registration with NMC UK, and being able to land a band 4 job. Thanks

There is no fastest way when it comes to NMCN even if you have someone inside it will still take like 1month for them to verify your registration.
And for your information as a tier 2 dependent you are not allowed to practice as a medical Doctor

Also your wife will need to find employer that will sponsor her, then you being the dependent will sponsor yourself like paying for Visa, HIS and flight ticket and your accommodation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:57am On Apr 07, 2019
zeezaa:

There is no fastest way when it comes to NMCN even if you have someone inside it will still take like 1month for them to verify your registration.
And for your information as a tier 2 dependent you are not allowed to practice as a medical Doctor

Also your wife will need to find employer that will sponsor her, then you being the dependent will sponsor yourself like paying for Visa, HIS and flight ticket and your accommodation.

Plss clarify that as a dependent, u cannot practice as a medical doctor. Why would this be?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by zeezaa(f): 12:34pm On Apr 07, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

Plss clarify that as a dependent, u cannot practice as a medical doctor. Why would this be?

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/pbs-dependant-partner

Read up please
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sgtponzihater1(m): 12:37pm On Apr 07, 2019
zeezaa:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/pbs-dependant-partner

Read up please

Trainee Doctor, but can do non trainee jobs.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by zeezaa(f): 12:43pm On Apr 07, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

Trainee Doctor, but can do non trainee jobs.

Don't you have to be a trainee doctor b4 being fully registered as a medical Doctor?

Like nurses will have to work as a healthcare assistant as a band 4 nurse b4 taking osce.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:03pm On Apr 07, 2019
zeezaa:

Don't you have to be a trainee doctor b4 being fully registered as a medical Doctor?

Like nurses will have to work as a healthcare assistant as a band 4 nurse b4 taking osce.

No. U don't need to. Once full registration u can work as non training doctor, but will need to go back to tier 2 to enter a training position.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by zeezaa(f): 1:46pm On Apr 07, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

No. U don't need to. Once full registration u can work as non training doctor, but will need to go back to tier 2 to enter a training position.

OK, tnks for the clarification
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:51pm On Apr 07, 2019
zeezaa:

OK, tnks for the clarification

Thank u too. Just wondering why the Nigerian nursing council will take so long though. Someone told her 4weeks but I thought it could be shorter in any way
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by Nobody: 5:56am On Apr 08, 2019
sgtponzihater1:

you hated nurses so much you went back to nursing school after your medical degree just to enter yanke.. kikikiki. these naija doctors no be am at all. many of them are working as CNA abroad yet formimg boss while hey were in naija. kikiki. this ia oetty I know but yea.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by deb02: 7:37am On Apr 08, 2019
Please does it take less time if you do the whole process yourself cos I heard it takes about a year or more according to a mail received from OGP...

ogwashiukwu:
For CGFNS evaluation, all the information required are found on their website. The fee is $350 for CES report. I would advice you should concentrate on studying for the IELTS exam first as some recruitment agency like Avant can offer to bear the cost of your CGFNS evaluation on your behalf.
Some of my friends with Avant that didn't have the CES report before contacting Avant were processed at the expense of Avant.

O'grady peyton as I learnt can also bear the cost of your CGFNS evaluation as soon as you have your IELTS. To be frank with you, passing the IELTS exam is the major stumbling block here. Just pass the exam and see how recruitment agencies will in touch with you. But should you decide to do it yourself as my wife did, after creating an account on CGFNS portal and making a payment, a CGFNS ID number will be assigned to you and forms that you will send to your nursing school/s you attended together with the one to be sent to nursing & midwifery council in Abuja will be generated.

I can't really recall how much my wife paid at the nursing council then but ensure you go there with at least 15 to 20k to include postage. While it depends on the nursing school attended, my wife's school charged less than 10k for transcript and she paid 12k then for postage (i.e DHL or FEDEX).It didn't stop there, as CGFNS will still contact the school to verify the authenticity of the transcript sent to them and you still have to pay for the postage to send it back. I think in my wife's case, she paid for postage 3 times for each nursing school attended. In a nutshell, I would advice you set aside between 100 to 150k to accomplish this.

I believe this helps. Let me know if you need more clarifications.
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by deb02: 7:44am On Apr 08, 2019
Thank you somuch

quote author=vickyehi post=77331056]
So technically the immigration portion of the process is what takes time.[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:44am On Apr 08, 2019
camobri:

you hated nurses so much you went back to nursing school after your medical degree just to enter yanke.. kikikiki. these naija doctors no be am at all. many of them are working as CNA abroad yet formimg boss while hey were in naija. kikiki. this ia oetty I know but yea.

This is a public forum, and our words can sway the minds of the uninformed. I have never hated nurses, or anyone at all, and my only drive to do what I do is love, sincerity and truth. I wouldn't sit down for someone to pass lies to the public in a bid to decieve them or taint the narrative. Would that be called hatred?

We all know the locum rate for each professional abroad, and we can clearly see the difference, but no industrial action was held to force equality in renumeration. A body came up in Nigeria to fight equality in pay, and I aired my view, how then am I a hater of nurses.

Lastly, hating nursing will amount to hating myself, as I also married a very lovely nurse.

Kindly answer my index question if u have the answers.

Many thanks .

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by IYIMAN: 5:54pm On Apr 08, 2019
Hi All, pls let us focus on the purpose of this thread to avoid derailing. arguments and counter-argument will be counter-productive. Thank you!
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by tuisek(f): 5:24pm On Apr 09, 2019
Please house,can someone make payment for CGFNS with one's AM card?
Re: Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. by sesay: 7:37pm On Apr 09, 2019
vickyehi:

They would send you acknowledgement of your credentials about 1mth after receiving your verification from council. Your processing time starts when the receive your very last document.

Thank you so much for the clarification. plz, Kindly send the link thread for IQAS candidates on "Canadavisa forum you referred to. I've searched I didn't get it.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (220) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.