Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund (2907 Views)

Buhari’s Top Aide In Trouble Over Attempt To Usurp Osinbajo’s Powers / Yemi Osinbajo & Goodluck Jonathan In Abeokuta (Photo) / Fresh Trouble For David Mark As INEC Card Reader Detects More Ghost Voters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by TheophilusA: 7:14am On Jan 14, 2016
The Senate adhoc committee on aviation sector has resolved to investigate the N35.55billion aviation fund alleged to have been released by former President Goodluck Jonathan for the rehabilitation and development of infrastructure in the aviation sector. The resolution was sequel to a report of the committee chaired by Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso (APC, Kano Central). Sequel to the report of the committee tagged “The worrisome and unstable position of Nigerian Aviation industry”, the Senate mandated the committees on Aviation and Anti-Corruption to investigate the disbursement and utilisation of the funds. The committees are expected to also investigate the $40million AFRIXIM loan.

http://dawntodusknews.com/senate-begins-probe-of-goodluck-jonathans-n35-55billion-aviation-fund/
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 14, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by madridguy(m): 7:16am On Jan 14, 2016
Stella Oduah should start putting her Legal team in place. May God help my beloved country. Fine on Sai Buhari
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by Howmon: 7:23am On Jan 14, 2016
Sensational headlines as always. As if He was in a trouble before this time out.
I stand with PMB but can the media just STFU till the government is willing to charge these mofos to court as against the whole media paparazzi we have ryt now

8 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by Jamie1(m): 7:28am On Jan 14, 2016
Na wao
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by Mjshexy(f): 7:29am On Jan 14, 2016
In as much as i am highly disappointed in GEJ for running this country down, in this particular case the former minister & directors under the ministry of Aviation should be in trouble not Jonathan. sad
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by captainflash(m): 7:31am On Jan 14, 2016
Hmmm, not 5, not 10, not 15, nor 20, but a whole 35.55 billion, Issokay, and yet the aviation sector is still poor.

GEJ ehen, you wicked!

undecided

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by Adebowale89(m): 7:34am On Jan 14, 2016
In jonathan's voice, i wasnt aware of the money given to me. That man knows what hes doing, he almost brought down the value of our dear country. Jonathan and his i wasnt aware ideology

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by EternalTruths: 7:42am On Jan 14, 2016
Op

Take your education serious

The people that are in trouble is the minister at that time and those under the minister

As for Jonathan, he is free because he did his job of disbursement cool

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by Jabioro: 7:42am On Jan 14, 2016
Stella and her team wanted list is over due to be announced...
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 14, 2016
Na lie joor
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by teadrake(m): 7:51am On Jan 14, 2016
EternalTruths:
Op

Take your education serious

The people that are in trouble is the minister at that time and those under the minister

As for Jonathan, he is free because he did his job of disbursement cool
So,if GEJ disbursed fund,he's not at liberty to follow it up in other to curtail excess of diversion?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by EternalTruths: 8:02am On Jan 14, 2016
teadrake:

So,if GEJ disbursed fund,he's not at liberty to follow it up in other to curtail excess of diversion?

What if the minister presented facts of proper utilization of the job to Jonathan, how would he know if EFCC don't give him accurate info about the utilization of funds

Let me tell you one truth

The president has lots of activities

If EFCC and other agencies do their job honestly, the president would have taken proper action

Just like Buhari

If Fashola loots money and present to him a perfect job. The only way he can know, is when EFCC reports accurately to him. cool
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by teadrake(m): 8:07am On Jan 14, 2016
EternalTruths:

What if the minister presented facts of proper utilization of the job to Jonathan, how would he know if EFCC don't give him accurate info about the utilization of funds

Let me tell you one truth

The president has lots of activities

If EFCC and other agencies do their job honestly, the president would have taken proper action

Just like Buhari

If Fashola loots money and present to him a perfect job. The only way he can know, is when EFCC reports accurately to him. cool
How will they loot fund allocated for a particular job and still delivered a perfect job?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by Derawiz(m): 9:10am On Jan 14, 2016
Buari,pls probe Amaechi first,how can you leave a criminal in pursuit of another
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by henrysam(m): 9:19am On Jan 14, 2016
It's so funny when the APC zombies will ruch to comment on any news that is negative about GEJ but they hide their faces when APC and their father Buhari misbehaves
Is this how this country want to move forward?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by Chubhie: 9:43am On Jan 14, 2016
I'm interested in probing the collabo between onyebuchi and maku during the Ebola outbreak.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by johnmartus(m): 10:41am On Jan 14, 2016
SHAME
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by omenka(m): 10:48am On Jan 14, 2016
Though the headline doesn't do justice to the content of the article, I hope our amiable Princess Stealer Udula doesn't develop a spinal cord injury that would necessitate a trip abroad very soon.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by Pidggin(f): 10:50am On Jan 14, 2016
OP, which trouble? Shame in you for creating a misleading Headline
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by phadriz(m): 11:12am On Jan 14, 2016
This government misplace priority a lot, why can't they fix the economy problems first by having good economic policy.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by Ttalk: 11:16am On Jan 14, 2016
henrysam:
It's so funny when the APC zombies will ruch to comment on any news that is negative about GEJ but they hide their faces when APC and their father Buhari misbehaves
Is this how this country want to move forward?

Haba !, APC did not RUCH it was you that RUCHED

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by SmartMugu: 11:17am On Jan 14, 2016
captainflash:
Hmmm, not 5, not 10, not 15, nor 20, but a whole 35.55 billion, Issokay, and yet the aviation sector is still poor.

GEJ ehen, you wicked!

undecided
Yup. That amount is a lot more than I have saved up.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by orisa37: 11:56am On Jan 14, 2016
Nothing concerns Jonathan about this. The fmr. Minister of Aviation is a Senator like Kwankwaso. Saraki should rearrange their seats and bring them close to discuss this issue and report back. After, the two Senators should also discuss and report on how Kwankwaso raised the Nigerian money he used to build Schools in Niger Republic
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by obailala(m): 11:58am On Jan 14, 2016
phadriz:
This government misplace priority a lot, why can't they fix the economy problems first by having good economic policy.
I always laugh when I read this recurring statement about 'economic policy' and 'economic blueprint.' The fact of this matter is that the bulk of Nigeria's foreign exchange comes from oil and oil prices have fallen by over 70%. There is no amount of economic policy from even the greatest economic experts in the world that can automatically save Nigeria from the inherent economic doom within the short term. In essence, there is nothing Nigeria can do to turn its fortunes around in the short term except the global oil prices turn around.

In a situation like this, it is not out of place for Nigeria to desperately try to recover recoverable looted funds at least to survive within the short term while we wait for any economic policy to mature. Just like a labourer who loses his source of income and then plants a vineyard, one thing he can do to survive while the vineyard grows is to try and recover funds from his debtors. Already N360 billion has been included in the 2016 budget as 'recovered looted/misappropriated funds.' You don't expect such moneys to be ignored while the nation dies of hunger do you?

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by obailala(m): 12:00pm On Jan 14, 2016
Derawiz:
Buari,pls probe Amaechi first,how can you leave a criminal in pursuit of another
You not the president of Nigeria, you are not a senator of the federal republic, but you want to dictate to these people how they should prioritise their jobs?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by Slikbae: 12:20pm On Jan 14, 2016
hehehehe
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by MrPolitics: 12:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
Investigation into the aviation sector doesn't mean trouble for anybody until irregularities are found.

And also, as usual it's the ministers that'll be in trouble and not GEJ
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by rebranded(m): 1:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
Wait when EFCC starts with NNPC.. grin grin grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by coruso(m): 3:11pm On Jan 14, 2016
Chinedu Nwosu
Putting the Record Straight.

$2.1 Billion Arms Money Is Biggest Propaganda Of 2015.

I have been following the so called Dasukigate and I am amazed how easy it is for a government to use the media to deceive and distract the ignorant masses.
History has shown that propaganda remains the biggest tool of any government that intends to enslave a people.

Unfortnately, even the current opposition has been quite incompetent in putting the records straight

For the records, there is nothing like a $2.1B arms money. It was a propaganda masterstroke well concotted by the DSS and EFCC to distract everyone from the incompetence of the Buhari administration.

That is why former president Goodluck Jonathan has come out twice now to put the records staright that he never approved any $2.1B arms money.

But it seems the ignorant masses still dont get it. So where did the "$2.1B arms money" headline originate from?

$2.1B was the monies that was allocated to the office of the NSA throughout Dasuki's tenure as NSA. These monies come under SECURITY VOTE.

It was not money allocated to the purchase of weapons as the DSS and the EFCC have claimed. That is why they cant take Dasuki to court. They will lose woefully.

Security vote is not money allocated for arms purchase. Of the whole monies that make up the $2.1B, only the $300 million from the returned Abacha loot was actually recommended for the purchase of arms.

That is why in court, the charges brought against Dasuki was in that range. But they are likely going to lose in court for that because weapons were actually purchased.

Whether they are worth $300 million is what the EFCC will have to prove in court. But from the way they have been refusing to follow the court process, one is safe to assume that they dont trust their own case against Dasuki.

But why did they go with the headlines of "$2.1 Billion arms purchase money" when they knew it was not the case?

Because the whole anti coruption fight was only a propaganda stunt from the beginning.

It was a well crafted stunt to distract the masses and persecute any dissenting voice so Buhari can fully consolidate power.

Does that mean I think many of the politicians mentioned in the scandal are clean? By no means!

Nigerian politicians are corrupt without a doubt including the presidency and everyone in the rulling APC party.

The president's campaign itself was sponsored from corruption. The Amaechi corruption scandals are well documented with very strong evidence.

If Dasuki has stolen any funds, he should be prosecuted accordingly, but the media propaganda and charade has got to stop.

Media trial is injustice in itself. I find it really deceitful when I see lines like "what will you tell the Nigerian soldiers that didnt have weapons to fight and were killed because Dasuki shared the arms money".

That is nothing but propaganda and trying to appeal to sentiments to push a narrative. If that were the case, what has the same military been using to fight BH in the last 8 months since Buhari has not bought any new weapons?

What weapons did the army use to push back BH prior to the 2015 elections? Did they push BH back with their bare hands too? Even Lie Mohammed claims BH has been defeated. With which weapons did the army defeat BH? With their bare hands?

It is important we put all these straight so we dont fall for cheap propoaganda by a government that has completely lost its way.

The same government that claims they are fighting corruption came out with a terrible corruption laden budget where they intended to connect cables from the President's residence to the drivers residence with N300 million.

In fact, the budget of yams was so laden with coruption that they had to shamelessly withdraw it.

The world has changed. If the current government thinks they will continue to rule with propaganda, they should think again because they will be exposed again and again.

Thank God for social media and the Internet
Re: Goodluck Jonathan In Fresh Trouble Over N35.55billion Fund by chiddye(m): 4:35pm On Jan 14, 2016
obailala:
I always laugh when I read this recurring statement about 'economic policy' and 'economic blueprint.' The fact of this matter is that the bulk of Nigeria's foreign exchange comes from oil and oil prices have fallen by over 70%. There is no amount of economic policy from even the greatest economic experts in the world that can automatically save Nigeria from the inherent economic doom within the short term. In essence, there is nothing Nigeria can do to turn its fortunes around in the short term except the global oil prices turn around.

In a situation like this, it is not out of place for Nigeria to desperately try to recover recoverable looted funds at least to survive within the short term while we wait for any economic policy to mature. Just like a labourer who loses his source of income and then plants a vineyard, one thing he can do to survive while the vineyard grows is to try and recover funds from his debtors. Already N360 billion has been included in the 2016 budget as 'recovered looted/misappropriated funds.' You don't expect such moneys to be ignored while the nation dies of hunger do you?

my man you are making sense I like the way you use the word short term, because this doom has been on Nigeria since the last quarter of 2014 and our coordinating minister at the time couldn't cushion this free fall with all her expertise, she was always concocting statistics that is not relatable with the average man in the street.

I laugh at people when they say it is this administration that brought about the fall of the naira when the real truth has been the bad mismanagement and financial recklessness of the previous administration when at a time of oil boom we could not properly invest in infrastructure and human capital. the statistics has always been there but most people turned a blind eye on the economy until Buhari came into power. I just pray thing get better

am not an anti-GEJ or a pro-BUHARIST am just an average Nigerian who wants to see some developments

(1) (Reply)

Okorocha To Catholic Church: I Can Rename Any Road And Nothing Will Happen / Lai Mohammed Loses Temper During Interview! / BREAKING NEWS: APC To Form Interim Government If Atiku Wins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.