Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:02 AM

Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria (5745 Views)

Beware Of Poisonous Noodles By Nafdac / Desmond Elliot And Wife Head For His Inauguration : Photo / Osun Election: Omisore, PDP Head For Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by honeric01(m): 5:46pm On Jun 20, 2009
I don't even think people die of such things in Nigeria, Food no dey kill us for here, na fear dey kill us here.

LET THEM ALLOW THE RICE TO COME IN, WE WILL TAKE IT TO SYNAGOGUE FOR CLEANSING. WE HAVE THE ALL ABLE PASTOR J.B JOSHUA IN NAIJA
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by asha80(m): 5:46pm On Jun 20, 2009
RICHIE BOI:

silence they say is the best answer for fools. grin grin grin grin grin grin

like you wink smiley
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by manny4life(m): 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2009
lastpage:

The INSINCERITY and WICKEDNESS of these government and its penchant for "noise-making" is on display again!

Pardon me but it is STUPID to [b]tell [/b]a thief that the Police has laid ambush for him at the end of 3rd Mainland bridge, he will simply pass other routes like the Eko Bridge or lekki-Maroko axis! shocked

Since they had this much information about the shipment, that means they know:
1. Country of origin
2. The shipping Port in Sierra leone
3. Based on the 1. & 2. above, they can easily get the conveying Ship's 'details' like destination Port in Nigeria, and all the shipping documents
4. Based on 3., they can get the name of the Nigerian Business men involved and their addresses
5. Based on 4., they can pick-up the agent of death, here in Nigeria or even in Sierra leone
6. Using the Nigerian Navy and International Maritime technology, the ship can be impounded once it enters Nigerian waters or boarded even in international waters AND SUNK IMMEDIATELY.

But as usual, our empty-headed and inept leaders, haven probably primed themselves for the "BRIBE" that would be paid on account of these noise making, are getting themselves a ready-made excuse - WE RAISED THE ALARM O!- when Nigerians start dieing of the poisonous rice!

Imagine, this breach of 'information security', coming from the National Security Organization? In other countries, they would be sacked or forced to resign.
Remember recently, about a month ago when the Metropolitan Police Commissioner in U.K "unknowingly exposed" a file for an operation they were supposed to carry out, by displaying the contents of a page of the file, clutched to his chest? He resigned the next day.
End of story

His "Nigerian version" would probably think he has earned enough credentials to become the next President of the country!, slowpoke!!

Now that everyone is aware, the ship will berth on the high seas, the business men will bring the rice in, in trickles, using small boats and other "Nigerian business men" will buy it at #3,000/bag and sell at #10,000/bag!

All "business men" will be happy and Nigerians will die or be deformed in their millions ! cry

Is this "how brilliant" our own FBI/CIA is? SHAME

Why are we Nigerians very EVIL BY NATURE?

if it is to arrest and torture innocent students and protesters or to burn, kill and rape in the Niger Delta, dem go sabi that one  shocked

Now, l hope you see why the foreign Visa offices are always jam-packed?
 grin grin

Eyin Oyinbo, e wa funmi ni Visa, Kin ma ku o, , e wa funmi ni Visa,  embarassed embarassed          -Bembe Aladisa

I totally agree 110% with you. It is really pathetic how a group of Nigerians would have the heart to poison other people because of the so-called money. Until there is discipline in all levels  and arms of governments including their agencies, Nigeria is far from reform. It really beats me to why they had to go public with such announcement, yet they call themselves National Security Agency(NSA). I think they need to reform or perhaps learn to start classifying information into "CONFIDENTIAL, SECRET AND TOP SECRET"like their counterparts does, and anyone who has access to such information should possess a S/TS/SCI security clearance. This information imposed on National Security and should have been classified, and then followed proper procedures "SECRETLY" to deter those who are involved in the act and bring them to justice. Well I can only hope and pray that as many that were involved in this act should be charged under a federal crime.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by AloyEmeka9: 7:00pm On Jun 20, 2009
ono:

Now, this is scary. But why on earth did the FG go public with this? I expect they should have nipped this quietly. They have only succeeded in letting the depraved importers smuggle in the goods in via other means.

Damn! I'm getting sick and tired of this country every day!
Good response. Why not keep it secret until they nab them?. They will dock somewhere in Benin republic for months, rebag the rice and still smuggle it in. It's not as if the rice is engraved with a particular trade mark lest you say they are warning citizens to stay away from it. Just stay away from oyoyo rice for a while unless you want to vomit blood.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by AloyEmeka9: 7:02pm On Jun 20, 2009
RICHIE BOI:

funny enough its still our own naija brothers that are killing us. enriching themselves at the expense of other peoples lives. am sorry to say this but am willing to bet that the guys importing this contaminated rice no go pass igbo guys. i stand to be corrected. angry
Same thing they said here about 'my pikin' children formula. grin grin
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by lojik(m): 8:36pm On Jun 20, 2009
Now the reasonable thing for the business men to do is to delay bringing into Nigeria by 30 days and believe me, this noise would have died down, the border officials would no more be at alert and they can sell at the market price less N1000.

The NSA was stupid enough to raise alarm and tell them to re-strategise.

Rubbish.
Shame on NSA
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by hackney(m): 9:06pm On Jun 20, 2009
Lastpage made the most sense about our ridiculous Govt.
The nigerian govt or whatever you call them shld not only be able to stop the shipment coming in,
they shld be able to tell who its arriving to, what route it will take and whatever tricks those agents of satan have up their sleeves.

The govt is made of a bunch of bleeping mugs ;
was watching a sitting session of our senate ; Continous spewing of rubbish garnished with missed tenses all over the place.
bleeping idiots.
Past govts have been collecting money from U.S and UK to dump toxic wastes in the middlebelt.

Some religions believe that heaven and hell are on earth; if that's true then nigeria is definitely,definitely hell.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by myg3: 10:02pm On Jun 20, 2009
The rice was prob sent by all the people who have been robbed by Nigerians or who are tired of getitng 10-50 scam spam emails a day from you lazy bums.

Yay for Poisoned Rice! A dead Nigerian sends no spam.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by lastpage: 10:36pm On Jun 20, 2009
@myg3
The rice was prob sent by all the people who have been robbed by Nigerians or who are tired of getitng 10-50 scam spam emails a day from you lazy bums.

So ALL NIGERIANS are lazy bums and u want all of them dead?
So Nigerians are THE ONLY ONES that send scam E-mails?

and who THE HELL are you?
If you're a Nigerian then you "point-out your father's house with your "LEFT HAND", we all know what that signifies,  a fucking B*st*rd. (no be me manufacture that truism!)

On the other hand, if you are not a Nigerian, What do you want on this webby?
Nosing around spreading your hate and fouling the air with ya smelly mouth?

Either way, your comment was deeply offensive, insulting and it shows you level of ignorance!

I am not going to waste my time educating you on how to contribute to a serious and civil discussion, but l would strongly suggest you get an education, a real one and stop farting through your mouth.  tongue

Haha, where was l before the "rude interruption"?

Government can still go ahead and alert the various Port agencies in neighboring countries, to be on the look-out for such rice.
The NSA can still redeem its image by even conducting a "sting-operation" by posing as buyers and offering to re-bag and sell the commodity so that when they have enough info on the perpetrators, BUST and into the Kirikiri, they go do the next twenty Christmas  grin

, and l hope NSA staffers themselves now "burn/destroy" the rice afterwards before one of them develop some brain-activity about doing a second "re-bag"!  grin grin grin
Aah, N-a-i-j-a aaaaaaaaa , l doff my cap embarassed embarassed
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by papaejima: 10:56pm On Jun 20, 2009
Insert Quote
Quote from: RICHIE BOI on Today at 05:33:12 PM
silence they say is the best answer for fools. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

u know smething son.am deeply concerned about ur mental wellbeing cos no right thinking idiot can make a comment like urs.men u suck and stink.ofcourse if u have choosen silence on this forum instead of displaying ur unnutured, gross and wholesale foolishness on this forum,atleast pple whould have taken u 4 a sane fellow.tell me who on this forum have towed ur lie of tribalism? mofucker u belong to GITMO.U ARE ONE HELL OF A LOONEY.DAMN IT BASTARD.let me give u a honest advice u fool.

Either way, your comment was deeply offensive, insulting and it shows you level of ignorance!

I am not going to waste my time educating you on how to contribute to a serious and civil discussion, but l would strongly suggest you get an education, a real one and stop farting through your mouth. Tongue .this adive came from a civilized fellow lastpage to another lunatic like u.stay away from serious discussion dude.ur brain cant function at this level of high end discussion.if u are high of drugs,get help quickly.u are pathetic.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by papaejima: 10:59pm On Jun 20, 2009
Insert Quote
Quote from: RICHIE BOI on Today at 05:33:12 PM
silence they say is the best answer for fools. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

u know smething son.am deeply concerned about ur mental wellbeing cos no right thinking idiot can make a comment like urs.men u suck and stink.ofcourse if u have choosen silence on this forum instead of displaying ur unnutured, gross and wholesale foolishness on this forum,atleast pple whould have taken u 4 a sane fellow.tell me who on this forum have towed ur lie of tribalism? mofucker u belong to GITMO.U ARE ONE HELL OF A LOONEY.DAMN IT BASTARD.let me give u a honest advice u fool.

I am not going to waste my time educating you on how to contribute to a serious and civil discussion, but l would strongly suggest you get an education, a real one and stop farting through your mouth. Tongue .this adive came from a civilized fellow lastpage to another lunatic like u.stay away from serious discussion dude.ur brain cant function at this level of high end discussion.if u are high of drugs,get help quickly.u are pathetic.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by SeanT21(f): 1:22am On Jun 21, 2009
myg3:

undecided
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by darmilorla(f): 2:11am On Jun 21, 2009
cry cry cry cry, God help Nigeria, i love my county so mch even if its hell,
i hope for a beta Nigeria soon,
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by bigben3: 8:46am On Jun 21, 2009
greediness and lust for money=vanity,very dangerous!!!seriously pity my people embarassed
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by chiefD1: 9:01am On Jun 21, 2009
THIS IS A VERY STUPID ONE-WAY POST.

PEOPLE SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT THIS CAN BE A SIMPLE PLOT BY ONE RICE IMPORTER TO RUIN A SHIPMENT OF ANOTHER RICE IMPORTER.

DONT LET US GET MIXED UP IN THIS, THERE ARE SOME VERY CRUEL AND PETTY BUSINESSMEN, FORGET ALL THOSE RED-ALERT RUBBISH - THIS IS NIGERIA, WHERE WERE THE RED-ALERT IDIOTS WHEN TOXIC WAS BEING DUMPED HERE
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by microgiant: 9:35am On Jun 21, 2009
It quite ironic that produce that was rejected as free humanitarian aid is being bought to be sold to nigerians.

@ Richie boi or whatever you call yourself
All this tribal sentiments is what has kept us where we are today in nigeria. Afterall the OP seems to be from igbo. Always condemn bad and don't tribalise it. The looters don't tribalise but the poor and downtrodden always do this.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by redsun(m): 2:38pm On Jun 21, 2009
But why should the sierra-leonean so- called authority sell known contaminated rice?they should be held responsible too.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 21, 2009
i think this 'business men' are trying to re-brand nigeria by killing us all!
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by SirRogers: 1:15am On Jun 22, 2009
All you yahoo guys, you see what you have caused
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by manny4life(m): 3:55am On Jun 22, 2009
redsun:

But why should the sierra-leonean so- called authority sell known contaminated rice?they should be held responsible too.

They shouldn't be held responsible, in fact they acted ethically responsible by alerting the NSA, and the NSA was supposed to alert the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). I don't know what agency its called in Nigeria, but at least you get my point. This is a business between individuals and Govt and not Govt to Govt, and I believe that was why they alerted NSA. Had it been individual to individuals, no one would have heard of it. My own view, I don't see any wrong doing from Sierra Leone, they acted like they were concerned.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by camry2008: 9:22am On Jun 22, 2009
@ RICHIE BOI
U are stupid from the womb, what if the importer is one of ur despirate brother, is even good to knows igbos with business weather good or bad, what is ur people known for?
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by Jerjens: 10:10am On Jun 22, 2009
@ RICHIE BOI What has Igbo peope got to do with this? We should focus on the act not condemn a particular group of people or be tribalist about this issue.

@ money[b]>[/b] oga leave Riche alone, ur name na money u be Igbo abi, talk true grin grin grin
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by ayodot(m): 11:07am On Jun 22, 2009
I just pray say na there nuclear and extended families go chop pass 4 the rice.
I just just don't know what this country is turning into. How can there be economic growth and security of life and properties if we continue with this set of useless, senseless, no moral, no interity, no foresight, non-visionary leaders who just continue to recycle themselves in power.
Abeg if yo papa dey among tell him I said this.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by ayodot(m): 11:08am On Jun 22, 2009
I just pray say na there nuclear and extended families go chop pass 4 the rice.
I just just don't know what this country is turning into. How can there be economic growth and security of life and properties if we continue with this set of useless, senseless, no moral, no interity, no foresight, non-visionary leaders who just continue to recycle themselves in power.
Abeg if yo papa dey among tell him I said this.
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by biola44: 11:24am On Jun 22, 2009
yes
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by ScanLess: 1:06pm On Jun 22, 2009
[size=14pt]Arguing left and right will not help us on this one, people so pls just copy link and send to all in your address book, that's the best thing we can do now.[/size]
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by microgiant: 1:23pm On Jun 22, 2009
ScanLess:

[size=14pt]Arguing left and right will not help us on this one, people so pls just copy link and send to all in your address book, that's the best thing we can do now.[/size]
Good idea (Seconded) cool
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by dnex(m): 1:35pm On Jun 22, 2009
When we say it is Nigerians in general that are bad, some people will want to prove to us that it is our leaders that are bad, it is our government that is bad. Nigerians change; you are all bad people. CHANGE!!!
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by rasputinn(m): 1:47pm On Jun 22, 2009
How callous can some people be in the name of business,this matter should be investigated and the alleged importers tried for attempted mass murder
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by emiemi(f): 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2009
When fire is burning a neighbour's house and you don't feel concerned, soon enuff u may have the fire torch your own.
I have friends who will point to a 'big man's ' house and acclaim ''meeeeeeeennn'' if u see wetin that man plant for that
GRA, you go bow. We idolize money, we never bother about its source. This is d bane of materialism in our society. Bizmen
who want to get rich so dat they can 'waow'' the people with their flippant lifestyles. It just pisses me off each time.

As for the Govt. they are not sincere with Nigerians but just make declarations for the sake of it. It's so sad that Nigerian
lives hang on the balance EVERYDAY and nothing is being done. The majority of the populace will be affected if this comes
true. Shame on us, I say shame on us. It feels so not right. When the bible said that the heart is desperately wicked, it was
referring to Nigerian's heart, I tell you. What can be done? cry cry
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by sssob: 5:19pm On Jun 22, 2009
The Sierra Leonean authorities were said to have carried out tests on them, which proved that the rice was no longer fit for human consumption, before they were approached by the unscrupulous Nigerian businessmen who offered to buy them for shipment to their country.

so the idiots in sierra leone are not unscrupulous abi, two theives, their own authorities are not shady too abi, why will they allow such to leave their country , why didnt they destroy it if the are not unscrupulous , angry
Re: Death Cargo! 6,000 Tonnes Of Poisonous Rice Head For Nigeria by lastpage: 7:33pm On Jun 22, 2009
@sssob: so the idiots in sierra leone are not unscrupulous abi, two theives, their own authorities are not shady too abi, why will they allow such to leave their country , why didnt they destroy it if the are not unscrupulous ,

Sssob,
Good question, wrong reason.
l think this is how it works:
U1. .N donates Rice to country A (Sierra leaone) and contract its shipping to that country to a private company.
2. Ship stays too long on the water, or gets leaky and rice gets wet, mouldy and contaminated.
Country A refuses to accept Rice , says "return it" and asked that it not be discharged at all, in their Wharf, knowing Rice have a way of growing legs, in Africa grin
3. Shipping company can take Rice back to U.N warehouse somewhere in Europe (who pays for that trip?)
4. U.N does not want to take "useless" Rice back for destruction, or pay for return trip of useless rice (right thing except where shipping agreement says Shipper must destroy in event of "insurable loss"wink
5. Shipper (not Sierra leonian) finds a way to avoid return trip and disposal cost.
6. Bad shipper meets a bad "African" (my Naija brother wink ) who opt to pay him a small fee to drop-off the rice on his way back! Bad shipper is surprised he can make a profit on this seeming loss! embarassed
7. Naija businessman arranges with his blokes at those rice market all over Naija (especially Lagos) and deal is struck, for half price "we would clear the whole ship" (I can see/imagine them fighting over who will buy the whole ship-load cry )
8. Now that those useless NSA have blown "yaawa", need to re-strategize: Lets face Cotonou and re-bag it there as "American long Grain" or "Aunty Benz"

All the S.L people did was to protect their people by rejecting the rice and ensuring that it was adequately turned away and monitored away from their shores.
Whoever then allows it to come on their shores can not shift the blame to them;
it just shows how much premium each government places on their people!.

Now, for a second, imagine that the S.L people have "announced" that Agencies should "beware" of an incoming toxic rice, and not identify, pilot and re-direct the Rice away (as we're doing), where do you think the rice would be now? S.L of course grin
Whichever Govt accepts and destroy the Rice (before it destroys million of lives), and jails the perpetrators, is the real hero-government. Am sure that would be Nigerian Govt tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prof. Dora Akunyili Died of Endometrial Carcinoma - Husband / EXCLUSIVE: Boko Haram Sacks Entire Nigerian Army Battalion, Confiscates All Arms / Ogun State Governorship Election- Results Of 13 (thirteen) Local Governments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.