Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate (49322 Views)

Change: Patrick Obahiagbon Lampooned APC, See What He Said On Twitter / Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks On Dasukigate... / Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Buhari's Alleged "Sluggishness" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by Pidggin(f): 9:50pm On Jan 14, 2016
zendy:
The funniest thing about this man is that everything he says is in the dictionary and correct! It's not his fault if the average Nigerian cannot understand his level of high English! Buy a dictionary and start learning English!

Even the English do not speak the level of English he speaks and most of them will require dictionaries to aid their understanding of his speeches.

Who is he trying to impress?

1 Like

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 14, 2016
When a man refuses to die from a digested, ïngested crude passing of Mastomys natalensis becomes nothing short of a "parallel genius"

1 Like

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by Mosseuirdoctore(m): 9:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
How oshimole de take understand this man

1 Like

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by Jobabori(m): 9:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
zendy:
The funniest thing about this man is that everything he says is in the dictionary and correct! It's not his fault if the average Nigerian cannot understand his level of high English! Buy a dictionary and start learning English!

It may be in the dictionary but you can not say they are totally correct since there are synctatic and semantic rules governing a sentence in a language. I am afraid most of his selected words may not totally agree with English rules. A layman like me prefers a sinmple sentence that convey meaning to the majority of the populace not an highly learned linguist like you who.still needs to consult dictionary before comprhending his statements. I feel a language scholar in the field of communicative competence will not agree with you as the essence of communicating is to convey a vividly understood message to a large percentage of listeners.

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by Realhommie(m): 9:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
tuscani:
instead of checking if the english is correct and are in tandem, they are here criticizing.youths please grow-up. life is not only about sai baba
Check what? Say's who? By who? Shey na research ni, abi na assignment or project? Life don pass like that joor, no one has that time, too many things to do. In communication, if the receiver of a message cn't comprehend/decode then the Sender simply hasn't communicated, it's that simple.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by Jobabori(m): 9:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
zendy:

It may be in the dictionary but you can not say they are totally correct since there are synctatic and semantic rules governing a sentence in a language. I am afraid most of his selected words may not totally agree with English rules. A layman like me prefers a sinmple sentence that convey meaning to the majority of the populace not an highly learned linguist like you who still needs to consult dictionary before comprhending his statements. I feel a language scholar in the field of communicative competence will not agree with you as the essence of communicating is to convey a vividly understood message to a large percentage of listeners.

3 Likes

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by Kielsss(m): 9:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
Oga speak English
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
zendy:

Even if they are in the dictionary, is he communicating? Expression is part of English Language you know.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by keskelia: 9:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
zendy:
.......Gerrrierahia for real mehn shit!!!!!!!! even aristoltle and plato used an understandable english to communicate with d acient greece scholars.....na only patrick sabo english mtchewwwww. infact bros recieve sense
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by adioolayi(m): 9:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
GMan650:
The Chief of Staff to Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State, Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon (aka Igodomigodo) has finally revealed his thoughts about the trial of former National Security Adviser, Dasuki.

Here's what he shared on his Facebook page. If you understand what he said and can explain, please help us.

"Whereas the Dasuki menopause has diaphanously made the point that the Jonathan administration elevated the dum vivimus, vivamus nectar to a nauseating and asphyxiating elastoplast, it can bear reiteration that beyond the current ballyhoo baying for a condign comeuppance, the challenge is how to ensure that each public officer is henceforth subjected to the immolatory trajectory of dulce et decorum est pro patria mori. But can we break away from the penelopic circle of flagellative rigor mortis?"

https://web.facebook.com/PatrickObahiagbon/posts/1218700978147057

"Whereas the end of Dasuki has thinly made the point that the
Jonathan administration elevated the sweetness of the 'While we let
live, let us live' philosophy to a disgusting and choking plaster,
it should again be stated that beyond the current calling out of a
Ballyhoo (a kind of fish) for an appropriate punishment,
the challenge is how to ensure that each public officer is henceforth
subjected to the Sacrificial path of the 'It is sweet and honorable to
die for one's country' philosophy.
But can we break away from the faithful circle of flogging ourselves
to death?"
https://www.nairaland.com/2820352/patrick-obahiagbon-speaks-
dasukigate#41296104
Respect to TheRealAdonye

1 Like

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by habiham: 9:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
I no sure say this man well ooo... Better forget grammar and face Edo issue
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by Realhommie(m): 9:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
Jobabori:

It may be in the dictionary but you can not say they are totally correct since there are synctatic and semantic rules governing a sentence in a language. I am afraid most of his selected words may not totally agree with English rules. A layman like me prefers a sinmple sentence that convey meaning to the majority of the populace not an highly learned linguist like you who.still needs to consult dictionary before comprhending his statements. I feel a language scholar in the field of communicative competence will not agree with you as the essence of communicating is to convey a vividly understood message to a large percentage of listeners.
Sentiments shared
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 14, 2016
Pidggin:

Even the English do not speak the level of English he speaks.

There is no need for his show off, it makes him appear comical.

He sounds comical? why so generous grin
I say he sounds like a low self-esteemed idiöta.
He should needs to revisit his semantics & linguistics textbooks. As literate as he thinks he is, he doesn't seem to understand what relevant vocab, & effective communication means.

4 Likes

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by Mohjigga: 9:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
This guy go smoke high come day yarn rubbish , No body can convince me Other wise . He is quite an entertainer sha.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by Fynnonsy: 9:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
Dis man self.....I still like am sha
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 14, 2016
Always on point GBAM!...more grammer to ur bucal cavity!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by daprinceval(m): 10:00pm On Jan 14, 2016
[quote author=Saheed9 post=41981158]Flagellating rigor mortis! Sure this knows a lot of terminologies in different fields. I just can't help but imagine what his immediate family must be going through. [/quote

I've heard dis man speak to someone at a very close distance; he speaks normal English without all these grammars and he even code-switches it with Edo language as a typical bini man
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by GMan650(m): 10:00pm On Jan 14, 2016
adioolayi:

"Whereas the end of Dasuki has thinly made the point that the
Jonathan administration elevated the sweetness of the 'While we let
live, let us live' philosophy to a disgusting and choking plaster,
it should again be stated that beyond the current calling out of a
Ballyhoo (a kind of fish) for an appropriate punishment,
the challenge is how to ensure that each public officer is henceforth
subjected to the Sacrificial path of the 'It is sweet and honorable to
die for one's country' philosophy.
But can we break away from the faithful circle of flogging ourselves
to death?"
https://www.nairaland.com/2820352/patrick-obahiagbon-speaks-
dasukigate#41296104
Respect to TheRealAdonye

How are we sure this is correct? Or are you a linguist
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by Saheed9: 10:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
[quote author=daprinceval post=41981935][/quote]should I just call this public stunt
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by teemy(m): 10:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
my interpretation would be "the #dasukigate made known inappropriations in the jonathan administration and we should work towards sanitizing the system but can we do better than our ingrained habits and belief systems?"
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by ebenholer(m): 10:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
I sure sey Hon Patrick migrated to Nigeria cos which teacher/ lecturer teach him all these grammars and refuse teach him classmates alike. Beside, has any1 ever told him dat Nigeria problem needs grammar. D one he don speak for house for 4 years d result never come out.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by adepiero: 10:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
zendy:
Point of correction, however correct it may be, not every word is in the dictionary. undecided
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by lonelydora: 10:03pm On Jan 14, 2016
zendy:

Na the thing wey dey tire me. When you think he's not communicating, you check and its there looking at you in the face.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by crispinkc(m): 10:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
endyfine0:
L0L
hello sir please be careful what u post and do because u never can tell who u re leading to sin and iniquity pls sir kindly remove that picture abi link there re actually kids on Nairaland God bless you and help u
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by adioolayi(m): 10:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
GMan650:

How are we sure this is correct? Or are you a linguist
Don't be lazy...check your Dico and use Google.... It's Correct!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 14, 2016
he should create his own dictionary oxford sef is tired of all his grammatical migrane inducing grammers
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by maestroferddi: 10:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
A distinction has to be made between speaking like a court jester and making lexically and syntactically correct sentences.

Let's enjoy Obahiagbon's attempt at grandiloquence for the comic relief it engenders...

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by Holuwakemmy16(f): 10:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
Someone please get me oxford dictionary
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by Aptitude89(m): 10:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
Abegi!!!! make i go pis come back
I go break am to smaller part
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
when too much advanced english words are used it clashes to become a grammatical blunder as in advanced english words have to be complemented with simple words to make a meaning all hes speaking should be called jargons even if its correct because its nt widely understood
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks About Dasukigate by Omeny: 10:15pm On Jan 14, 2016
This my Edo Brother self! Him matter dey tire me! From his controversial grammar to Fashion e dey tire me for am!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yusuf Buhari Welcome Back Billboard Got Nigerians Talking (Photos) / Yemi Osinbajo & Yusuf Buhari At IFTAR In Abuja (Photo) / Peter Obi Breaks Silence On UK Ordeal, Apapa & Lai Mohammed's Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.