Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,444 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy (4077 Views)

Naira Gains 5.2 Percent After CBN Intervenes / Banks Still Charge 370/$, Instead Get Your Paypal/Payoneer Funds @ A Decent Rate / Naira Crashes To N285/$1 At Interbank Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy by mikolo80: 1:37am On Jan 16, 2016
Bevista:
*lol*. Sorry boss!
Chai you win most you lose some bigaly. so 2 thousand dollar just Waka like dat
Re: Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy by danbrowndmf(m): 1:43am On Jan 16, 2016
Pinkbarbie... Got ban(ed) in celebrity & romance section till tommorow...you got torns of mail to reply. Kindly check your mail joor.
Re: Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 16, 2016
danbrowndmf:
Pinkbarbie... Got ban(ed) in celebrity & romance section till tommorow...you got torns of mail to reply. Kindly check your mail joor.
Why were you banned?
So sorry o. Been so busy with work. embarassed
Re: Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy by datigbogirl: 1:04pm On Jan 16, 2016
Bevista:
The CBN created that lacuna for commercial banks to exploit. I think the best bet right now is to get dollars yourself and pay into your domiciliary account. That way, the bank will give you back your exact dollars when you need it. But that will mean that you'll need a USD MasterCard for your online transactions. That might set you back $40 annually (card issuance/maintenance fee).

So you mean I can't get to do online transactions on my dom account with my Naira Mastercard?
Re: Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy by datigbogirl: 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2016
yimikaa:
Banks are making a lot of money from this roundtripping with the help of CBN.

They make dollar scarce on purpose so the parallel market rate will be high and they cut deals with the BDC operators. You'll always see mallams every morning at almost all banks especially GTBank.

^^^
It's wrong. Official rates is 199 the op should have been charged at that rate. CBN should sanction erring banks.

CBN should make rules and policies to make Naira VERY SCARCE and dollars in excess and watch the rate at which dollar at the parallel market will depreciate.

You make me laugh...shey you think ds guys wan make ds country better? The same country wey someone dey pray sey make Naira crash further so dr own go better.

1 Like

Re: Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy by danbrowndmf(m): 1:21pm On Jan 16, 2016
PinkBarbie:
Why were you banned?
So sorry o. Been so busy with work. embarassed
it is this their antisperm abi na antispam button that ban me till 7.12pm today.

I understand you quite well that u might be busy with work..you work on saturdays too?.shocked
just try peep in ur mail atleast once in a day.cheesy
Thanks...
So check ur mail now...
Re: Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy by Bevista: 1:59pm On Jan 16, 2016
datigbogirl:
So you mean I can't get to do online transactions on my dom account with my Naira Mastercard?
No Ma'am, you can't. You'll need a USD MasterCard linked to your USD Dom account.
---
That is why banks specifically call that card Naira MasterCard.
Re: Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 16, 2016
Codedzng:
GTB still charge me More than the N198 per dollar. Why is it that GTB are not using the CBN approved rate of dollar after discontinue of BDC

I have also fallen victim of their scam. I have written them though. I hope they resolve our issue, because it might just be the end of our relationship. I would advise you to write them too instead of CBN. I don't blame them though, our network services, especially MTN, have become their role models.
Re: Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy by Codedzng: 6:42pm On Jan 16, 2016
theAtheist101:

I have also fallen victim of their scam. I have written them though. I hope they resolve our issue, because it might just be the end of our relationship. I would advise you to write them too instead of CBN. I don't blame them though, our network services, especially MTN, have become their role models.

I will mail the customer service
Re: Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy by francababy(f): 7:38pm On Jan 16, 2016
Bevista:
Because GTB sources the dollars used to clear your transaction from the parallel market. Since the rate in the black market is high, you should expect your card transactions rate to be high.
---
Contrary to what you may think, CBN doesn't supply dollars to banks for such transactions any more. The only bank transactions that will be backed by CBN exchange rate are LCs for approved items, medical bills, school fees, etc.

Stop lying. Or are you a gtbank staff? No bank sources Dollars from the parellel market. Do you know why banks stopped accepting dollar deposit? It was because there was excess dollars in the system at the time. So why would they go and buy when there is an excess? Stop lying. Gtbank charges N285 to make massive profit. Banks do not make money as they use to. This forex price gap allowed them to make money and lots of it. Gtbank is the king of this fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy by Bevista: 10:02pm On Jan 16, 2016
francababy:
Stop lying. Or are you a gtbank staff? No bank sources Dollars from the parellel market. Do you know why banks stopped accepting dollar deposit? It was because there was excess dollars in the system at the time. So why would they go and buy when there is an excess? Stop lying. Gtbank charges N285 to make massive profit. Banks do not make money as they use to. This forex price gap allowed them to make money and lots of it. Gtbank is the king of this fraud.
Assuming that you are right and I'm wrong, can't you make your point without resorting to the use of derogatory words?
---
Have you considered the possibility that you might be wrong? Do you understand the dynamics of FX transactions in DMBs? Obviously, I will not join issues with you on the subject.
Re: Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy by grandstar(m): 2:16am On Jan 17, 2016
Bevista:
Assuming that you are right and I'm wrong, can't you make your point without resorting to the use of derogatory words?
---
Have you considered the possibility that you might be wrong? Do you understand the dynamics of FX transactions in DMBs? Obviously, I will not join issues with you on the subject.
francababy he is right. Nigerians banks were owing hundreds of millions of dollars because CBN refused to supply them enough dollars. Buhari and Emefiele are ruining the economy.
Re: Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 17, 2016
francababy:

Thumbs-up! They expected all of us to be dumb!
Re: Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
grandstar:
francababy he is right. Nigerians banks were owing hundreds of millions of dollars because CBN refused to supply them enough dollars. Buhari and Emefiele are ruining the economy.

If you are right, where does the black market get their dollar?

Cc Bevista
Re: Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy by grandstar(m): 11:41pm On Jan 17, 2016
theAtheist101:

Cc Bevista
From nigerians returning from abroad, roundtripping by banks, money sent as cash to their loved ones etc. The major source may be roundtripping.. That anyway is the CBN fault because it refuses to devalue
Re: Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy by Nobody: 12:31am On Jan 18, 2016
grandstar:
From nigerians returning from abroad, roundtripping by banks, money sent as cash to their loved ones etc. The major source may be roundtripping.. That anyway is the CBN fault because it refuses to devalue

And these sources are enough to supply the needs of GTBank? Then how come their selling price is miraculously lesser than that in the parallel market? See, they are stealing from us all , just like those oil marketers.
Re: Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy by francababy(f): 9:12am On Jan 18, 2016
theAtheist101:

Cc Bevista

Let's be logical here. Before the CBN announced recently that they will not give BDCs dollars any longer, The CBN only gave BDCs around $60,000 per week or less. How much do you think these BDCs change weekly? Only $60,000? Some change as much as $500k weekly depending on the volume and number of clients they get. Where do they get the extra $$$? They get from you and me. It is a simple buy and sell market. If you have dollars to sell, they buy from you. Then when someone who needs dollars comes around they sell your dollars to the person at a slightly higher price.
Re: Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy by frisky2good(m): 11:33am On Jan 18, 2016
Does this present government understand all this? If yes, are they making any visible effort towards it? All I just see is policies that are not carefully considered only to reverse it when it fails.

Bevista:
Having a strong Naira is not necessarily a positive. This will make imports cheaper thereby continuing to promote capital flight. What is important is for the Naira to be "appropriately priced" to reflect market realities.
---
The FG and the CBN should come up with Import Substitution policies & programs to encourage investment in local production facilities. Once we begin to import less, that will reduce the demand for dollars, thereby helping to strengthen the Naira. An even more ideal situation would be for us to export more, thereby earning more dollars into the country.
---
A combination of Exports & Import Substitution will definitely strengthen the Naira without the CBN having to take any extraordinary actions.
Re: Gtb Still Charge Me N285 Per Dollar After CBN In Policy by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 18, 2016
francababy:

Let's be logical here. Before the CBN announced recently that they will not give BDCs dollars any longer, The CBN only gave BDCs around $60,000 per week or less. How much do you think these BDCs change weekly? Only $60,000? Some change as much as $500k weekly depending on the volume and number of clients they get. Where do they get the extra $$$? They get from you and me. It is a simple buy and sell market. If you have dollars to sell, they buy from you. Then when someone who needs dollars comes around they sell your dollars to the person at a slightly higher price.

Which makes them earn an humongous amount of profit! They buy at 199 naira and sell at 285. That is pure theft that the CBN has indirectly sanctioned!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deleted / Ashosh Group Services: Legal Action Against / My Experience With The Lady Website Builder Urspry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.