Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties (24442 Views)

Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) / Ongoing Protest Along Lekki-Epe Expressway Over Destruction Of Shanties (Pics) / "Operation No Shanties In Lagos" Kicks Off In Ikeja (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Ponponkon: 5:32pm On Jan 14, 2016
The government of Abia State, under the administration of Gov. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu, has made the goal of making Aba a more developed and functional city a top priority of it's administration and a catalyst for economic development across the state. - THE FIRST OF ITS KIND...
ABA ADIWALA NMA!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by asha80(m): 5:34pm On Jan 14, 2016
Will he he be there to oversee it? Well at least govt has not grounded to a halt

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Ponponkon: 5:35pm On Jan 14, 2016
More

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Ponponkon: 5:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
All shanties and illegal structures on the bank of the Aba River (waterside) along Umuoba-New-Umuahia-Ururuka Road are giving way for dredging and sand-filling of the River to achieve a beach line...Governor Okezie

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Ponponkon: 5:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun seun obinoscope I hope you guys are seeing what real governance is all about?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Scholes007(m): 5:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ponponkon:
All shanties and illegal structures on the bank of the Aba River (waterside) along Umuoba-New-Umuahia-Ururuka Road are giving way for dredging and sand-filling of the River to achieve a beach line...Governor Okezie
after achieving a beach line what next? Is it going to be left for another slum to grow?

7 Likes

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Ponponkon: 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
Recall that Governor Ikpeazu gave the traders and meat sellers 6 months notice to vacate the place. He went there himself to remind them of the notice 3 months ago

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
Good move.

Am just worried because good things doesn't last.
Gov. Ikpeazu is a good man thus he won't last.

I don't have a problem with Alex Otto however for the first time Abia state is getting it right with Ikpeazu, I see him not lasting

19 Likes

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by coolzeal(m): 5:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
That will be a tremendous achievement if they can pull that off. They should also include greenery such as palm tress to beautify the environs.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
Where is ohanaeze to come and declare the gov ikpeazu an enemy of ibos?

2days ago, gov Obiano seized goods belonging to traders when his task force destroyed an illegal market along a newly constructed flyover. Ohanaeze hasn't said anything about it. Yet, they could open their foul mouth to insult the governor of Lagos state and labelling him an enemy of ibos. Is lagos state an ibo land?

They want their own region to look green and clean but are willing to turn another man's own region into shanties and a haven for criminals.

Cry bush baby old men.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Ponponkon: 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
Scholes007:
after achieving a beach line what next? Is it going to be left for another slum to grow?
My brother Aba is getting back its lost Glory. Ikpeazu is committed to that. In the next couple of months you will see the true Newyork in Aba

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Ponponkon: 5:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
Where is ohanaeze to come and declare the gov ikpeazu an enemy of ibos?
They were given 6 months notice and government built new meat(abatoir) market for them and sent some of them abroad for training on meat processing.

13 Likes

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Ponponkon: 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2016
asha80:
Will he he be there to oversee it? Well at least govt has not grounded to a halt
Supreme court will not allow that kangaroo judgement of appeal court to stand

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Scholes007(m): 6:01pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ponponkon:
My brother Aba is getting back its lost Glory. Ikpeazu is committed to that. In the next couple of months you will see the true Newyork in Aba
i hope and i pray so. Aba as a city have been an insult to the great state of abia. Abia as a state is one of the greatest in all ramification and the infrastructural decay in it have been a very big insult to us. I get ashamed scrolling the internet just to find people insulting the great state just because of aba. I am telling you this for you to inform the governor that we don't want fan show or what so ever of it's kind. For now kudos to him.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Ponponkon: 6:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
kenonze:
Good move.

Am just worried because good things doesn't last.
Gov. Ikpeazu is a good man thus he won't last.

I don't have a problem with Alex Otto however for the first time Abia state is getting it right with Ikpeazu, I see him not lasting
Bookmark it. Ikpeazu will rule for 8 solid years. We have all the evidence of number of registered voters and those with PVC in the three cancelled LGAs,supreme court will throw more light on that in 6 weeks time.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ponponkon:
They were given 6 months notice and government built new meat(abatoir) market for them and sent some of them abroad for training on meat processing.
source or I don't believe it?

The oshodi demolished market was served months of notice, let alone the over 8yrs of warning them.

Still, ohanaeze politicised the affair. Same should be done concerning this aba issue too.

19 Likes

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by paramakina202: 6:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ride on Ikpe'Azu until your azzz is finally kicked out by supreme court in few weeks time.
Ndi Ohi vote agaghi achi anyi ozo.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Ponponkon: 6:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
Scholes007:
i hope and i pray so. Aba as a city have been an insult to the great state of abia. Abia as a state is one of the greatest in all ramification and the infrastructural decay in it have been a very big insult to us. I get ashamed scrolling the internet just to find people insulting the great state just because of aba. I am telling you this for you to inform the governor that we don't want fan show or what so ever of it's kind. For now kudos to him.
Fan show as in people rejoicing that their city is getting government attention for the first time since 1992?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
Your master has a good intention but came through the back door. Let him contest in 2019

#TeamAlexOtti
#TeamCompetence

12 Likes

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Ponponkon: 6:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
source or I don't believe it?

The oshodi demolished market was served months of notice, let alone the over 8yrs of warning them.

Still, ohanaeze politicised the affair. Same should be done concerning this aba issue too.
Ore mi,everybody in nairaland knows that I don't peddle lies. I give concrete information better than newspapers. Ask Seun lalasticlala and others here. You can do me the honour of going through my topics in order to get an idea of the kind of person I am.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ponponkon:
Ore mi,everybody in nairaland knows that I don't peddle lies. I give concrete information better than newspapers. Ask Seun lalasticlala and others here. You can do me the honour of going through my topics in order to get an idea of the kind of person I am.
why not show us pictures of the new market or it's address?

At least, lagos state told us the address of the new market they are relocating the oshodi traders to.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Ponponkon: 6:20pm On Jan 14, 2016
coolzeal:
That will be a tremendous achievement if they can pull that off. They should also include greenery such as palm tress to beautify the environs.
That's part of the plan. Here's picture of Dr Okezie addressing the participants

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Scholes007(m): 6:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ponponkon:
Fan show as in people rejoicing that their city is getting government attention for the first time since 1992?
well he can dance and merry if he likes but that should be when he have done a commendable work. Example i got very angry when i saw people danceing and merrying just to commission a relatively uncompleted water pumping station in uturu last week or two. Don't you think that is a very shameful act?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Ponponkon: 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2016
Seun and lalasticlala is there a kind of conspiracy against some group of persons here? Cc; Mynd44 I no understand una o
Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Ponponkon: 8:01pm On Jan 14, 2016
Scholes007:
well he can dance and merry if he likes but that should be when he have done a commendable work. Example i got very angry when i saw people danceing and merrying just to commission a relatively uncompleted water pumping station in uturu last week or two. Don't you think that is a very shameful act?
I don't defend the indefensible. If Dr Ikpeazu starts messing things up which I'm very sure he won't dare do,I will be the first to call him out. I don't condone evil that's me
Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by Ponponkon: 8:38pm On Jan 14, 2016
What a great day we've had in Aba today

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by flokii: 8:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
isn't it funny how they all have d same head structure grin

had to look at those pictures over and over again

so beautiful... potrays a perfect African tribe cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by anonimi: 8:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
I hope no HISTORIC SITES were demolished.
That would be very foolish
Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by hardywaltz(m): 8:43pm On Jan 14, 2016
CTC Governor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by kennyman2000(m): 8:43pm On Jan 14, 2016
Okay
Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by martinz1: 8:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
K
Re: Pictures Of First Aba Urban Renewal Summit And Demolishion Of Shanties by samuelgideon44(m): 8:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hope he won't leave it half done.....anyway nice one, it's will be great if he achieve that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Recession Exit: US Denies Praising Nigerian Government / Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) / EFCC Arraigns Ex-Lagos Attorney-General, Shasore For Alleged $100,000 Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.