Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,395 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison (42863 Views)

Delta Paid Ibori N250m In UK Prison / FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison / James Ibori Leaves UK Prison In December - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by chidextec: 9:41am On Jan 15, 2016
I can now understand that some deltans are unintelligent lots. It pains my heart that these same set of gullibble ones are preparing to welcome home a treasure looter in grand style. Oh God how did we end up like this. Anyway let him return. There's no peace for the wicked. EFCC and DSS are waiting for him.
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by gretblue: 9:41am On Jan 15, 2016
lielbree:

The conspiracy between the British govt and the political elite in the north and sometimes the west is far above your thinking.
Less is not expected of you as usual.its either you associate your failure to the North,West or the Europe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by Peacepat: 9:43am On Jan 15, 2016
Even innocent people are still in prisön ,he stole money but he is a good persön and we deltans love him
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by Peacepat: 9:45am On Jan 15, 2016
Even innocent people are still in prisön ,he stole money? yes, but he is a good persön and we deltans love him..
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by obinto: 9:50am On Jan 15, 2016
charix:
How is 2012 + 13 = 2016 kwanu? That's the part I'm still finding difficult to comprehend.
Although he was sentenced in 2012, the term is usually backdated to the date of arrest which is 2010. Also the 12 yr jail sentence might be cumulative or sum of the individual terms if he was convicted of more than one offence,however in reality the terms run concurrently. Also prisoners especially of white collar crimes are often released early in recognition of their good behaviours while in jail. No surprises here
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by Peacepat: 9:54am On Jan 15, 2016
Tell me your state and i will tell u about your ex governor...when your good deed overshadow ur bad deed ur people will remember you...beside he is not the worst..so many past leaders th are worst than himat are still out there.cos they have top friends that are helping them
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by Springz(f): 9:57am On Jan 15, 2016
It is laughable the way the way some Deltans are taking this 'return of Ibori' as some kind of celebratory event. Silly people.
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by shegra58: 9:57am On Jan 15, 2016
Rad1cal:

Just like Tinubu. Yea !
but jagaban has never been found guilty of any charges against him and was never an ex-con and he can travel to anywhere in the world the opportunity Ibori will never have again for the rest of his life as an ex-con and I hope u can see difference between both of them now shocked

4 Likes

Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by Peacepat: 10:01am On Jan 15, 2016
Tell me, nobody have ever stolen in ur family.even you....if u have the opportunity u will do worst.
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by Springz(f): 10:02am On Jan 15, 2016
lielbree:

YES!!! was he the only governor to travel to the UK? Why was he singled out?
The UK have always taken sides with the north and west against we in the south south. That's the truth! All the idle billionaires in the north that invest their money in the UK why have they not been arrested and prosecuted?
That's the problem with we Africans we exhult the white man and see him as perfect.
Eg : look at the number of civilians killed by American presidents in the name of looking for sadam hussan weapons of mass destruction which turned out to be a hoax! There were no weapons yet thousands killed! Has anyone charged bush to the Hague? But if it were an African leader they would ask for his head including us Africans!
Stop seeing the white man and there decisions as perfect!
Choi.
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by lonelydora: 10:04am On Jan 15, 2016
Psalm18:

He does not have a choice on the matter.
When you convicted of a crime in another country.
On completion of the sentence, YOU are DEPORTED back to your country, in this case. Ibori will be forcefully kept in a plane and flown back to Nigeria.

He cannot tell the British authorities, I want to go to Dubai or the Caribbean.

In addition, he can kiss ever visiting USA and other Western nations goodbye, till his death. He will not be issued Visa.
The truth is Ibori has been reduced despite all the noise his supporters will make here or offline.

A lesson to others. cool
Seun
Mynd44... Let Nigerians see how investigation and sentencing is carried out. The British police nabbed Ibori with forensic evidence and provided irrefutable case.

If you know his investments, I don't think you will say he has been reduced to nothing. I love him because he is the only politician who invested his stolen wealth in the country.
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by huntila(m): 10:13am On Jan 15, 2016
That is double wahala for him. His problem though. Good Analytical Insights from you. Thanks
Psalm18:

He does not have a choice on the matter.
When you convicted of a crime in another country.
On completion of the sentence, YOU are DEPORTED back to your country, in this case. Ibori will be forcefully kept in a plane and flown back to Nigeria.

He cannot tell the British authorities, I want to go to Dubai or the Caribbean.

In addition, he can kiss ever visiting USA and other Western nations goodbye, till his death. He will not be issued Visa.
The truth is Ibori has been reduced despite all the noise his supporters will make here or offline.

A lesson to others. cool
Seun
Mynd44... Let Nigerians see how investigation and sentencing is carried out. The British police nabbed Ibori with forensic evidence and provided irrefutable case.

1 Like

Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by Springz(f): 10:22am On Jan 15, 2016
Peacepat:
Even innocent people are still in prisön ,he stole money? yes, but he is a good persön and we deltans love him..
Speak for your self.
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by mummydirect(f): 10:27am On Jan 15, 2016
SkyBlue1:

And what does that say about people of Delta State?
my friend are you still asking? check out what effurun boys did to shop rite some days ago and that will give u a clue to your answer.
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by Etizz: 10:27am On Jan 15, 2016
The funniest thing is dat, uduaghan who most benefited from him has absolutely nothing to say about his release.....

Anyway, after ibori's tenure, I have not see any governor who has done 50% of what he (ibori) has done for the state despite his lute.....

And dats why the people of the state just can't forget him, including ME.
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by mummydirect(f): 10:30am On Jan 15, 2016
Frostty:
i read some comments and i weep 4 dis country.imagine sum1 stole d funds meant 4 d populace and was jailed and some idiots can still refer to him has thr hero.Lord pls save our country 4rm dis total mess
ezigbotee mess my friend, serious mess we are in as a country, lord have mercy!
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by zambelambe: 10:31am On Jan 15, 2016
WELCOME BACK ODIDIGBODIGBO 1.
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by Kposkila: 10:33am On Jan 15, 2016
fejiroonaefe:
So happy they finally speak about it...can't wait for him to come out..we love you

Just spotted one dat benefited from his corrupt n reckless govt, efcc go soon pick u!
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by franugo(m): 10:33am On Jan 15, 2016
lielbree:

Yes we are celebrating him!
You are not from Delta
His a hero
His only crime was the agitation for reasons control.
He did not steal more than your governor.

HIS A HERO REASONS CONTROL
damn, that my state is filled with dumb pimples like u who celebrate thieves is quite painful n shamefulcry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by Walexsammy(m): 10:34am On Jan 15, 2016
Rad1cal:

Ibori is an overlord and kingmaker in Delta, you can keep your rants to yourself.
And later u'll come here to rant about the poverty level in the state and cry about the decent roads in the north.......i weep for the future of this country
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by olaomoola1(m): 10:39am On Jan 15, 2016
ejibaba:
13years 2010-2016...uhmmm
in jailed terms 6 months is use as one year So 2010 -2016 is 6years Which means 12years plus 6months

1 Like

Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by mrDennis(m): 10:44am On Jan 15, 2016
if I ever smell any political position in this country I will loot the treasury dry, bury the money underground wire some to UK. (get caught , sentenced to jail and return 5 Years later to a heroes welcome.

cos the Whole south South and south east is full of tribalist, ethnicist and sentimentalist who just need to hear 'witch hunt , northern agenda , I built a school/university etc* in order to have sympathy for me.

Mandela couldn't live forever , buhari can't ... if you can't change yourself then abeg dnt complain about the way the country is.

1 Like

Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by misgab: 10:47am On Jan 15, 2016
dz is d only backward country in d world wea convicted n indicted thieves dt stole pples comon wealth are celebrated n given hero's welcome.as can be seen by nigerians' pdp has not learnt anything from their folly n failure at d last general election.

2 Likes

Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by Oghumu1(m): 10:49am On Jan 15, 2016
In DJ khaleed's voice Ibori u smart nigga
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by lielbree: 10:53am On Jan 15, 2016
franugo:

HIS A HERO REASONS CONTROL
damn, that my state is filled with dumb pimples like u who celebrate thieves is quite painful n shamefulcry
It's a typographical error mofo
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by banio: 11:26am On Jan 15, 2016
Let me comment my reserve
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by donbenie(m): 11:36am On Jan 15, 2016
jaybee3:

He can't be deported since he is also a British citizen
And who told you a citizenship can't be revoked,remember the British doesn't have a written constitution,nothing stops them from sending him packing..

1 Like

Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by Funpeter: 11:40am On Jan 15, 2016
charix:
How is 2012 + 13 = 2016 kwanu? That's the part I'm still finding difficult to comprehend.
When you divide the years by 2 you have 6 1\2 years which is close.
Day and night is calculated as a day each.
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 11:44am On Jan 15, 2016
Rad1cal:

Just like Tinubu. Yea !

Stop making noise here, call a spade a spade.
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by deolu2000(m): 11:45am On Jan 15, 2016
I won't be surprised if this man ends up back to back a prisoner
Re: Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison by ugbah007: 12:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
Thank you lord,am so so happy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bianca Ojukwu Stuns In Red And Black In Monaco(photos) / Where Are The Fire Trucks Donated By Peter Obi In Anambra? (Photos) / The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.