Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application (17937 Views)

Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released / Chief Judge Dismisses Metuh’s Petition, Asks Judge To Continue Trial / Supreme Court Dismisses Wike’s Suit Against Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by frisky2good(m): 12:11pm On Jan 15, 2016
Not everyone reads the main article. Some just read the headline, click on it and type rubbish all in the name of trying to be the first to comment.

cktheluckyman:
I wonder how dumb some people can really be!!! Over five people commented on this topic and none of them actually understood the message passed by this Judge!!

Olisa Metuh's suit was not dismissed rather the judge dismissed the application for acclelerated hearing of the suit.He said the law allows the EFCC 5 days within which to respond to the suit before she rules!! So what exactly is that that you fools dont understand?

1 Like

Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by cktheluckyman: 12:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

It seems you are so pained that you fail to note everyone's joy was that the court did not give metuh any special privilege rather he will remain in detention while efcc is given their statutory 5 days to reply to the case.
So how on earth is that tantamount to dismissal of metuh's case? However since the EFCC have finally arraigned him today,there is no longer any need for this suit.But know this unless Metuh is been charged for murder,he will definitely be granted bail by the courts
Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by id911(m): 12:18pm On Jan 15, 2016
AdaNri1:
he's not Igbo and he's definitely not a she. angry

I didn't say he/she is igbo. I said most of his/her comments here on NL show so much hatred for Igbo tribe, why?
Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 15, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Biafran Judge asserting her authority in the Zoo Court...interesting

I think this should anger the IPOB Youths..
I think you wasted your time and money in school. the story and your comment looks so childish that my kid daughter cannot go so low to make that comment.

what is happening to the thinking capacity of Nigerian youths today
Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by samento: 12:21pm On Jan 15, 2016
AdaNri1:
Detain indefinitely before arraignment. Only in the Nigerian legal system.

Meanwhile Metuh should fight his battle because I'm not sure he remembered those youths in anambra when the going was rosy for him.
How many country's Judicial system are you acquinted?
Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:21pm On Jan 15, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
I [s]think you wasted your time and money in school. the story and your comment looks so childish that my kid daughter cannot go so low to make that comment.

what is happening to the thinking capacity of Nigerian youths today[/s]

Swerve joor!

3 Likes

Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2016
AdaNri1:
Detain indefinitely before arraignment. Only in the Nigerian legal system.

Meanwhile Metuh should fight his battle because I'm not sure he remembered those youths in anambra when the going was rosy for him.
James Ibori was in detention in a UK prison for the period his trial lasted. He wasn't granted bail.

4 Likes

Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:23pm On Jan 15, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Biafran Judge asserting her authority in the Zoo Court...interesting

I think this should anger the IPOB Youths..
Biafra is for ibos alone! Don't let them deceive u that SS is in on it wit them! Am from d SS and we hate anytin biafra! Why do u think Ojukwu failed in his attempt? because we stopped his advance!

5 Likes

Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by DropShot: 12:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
cktheluckyman:

So how on earth is that tantamount to dismissal of metuh's case? However since the EFCC have finally arraigned him today,there is no longer any need for this suit.But know this unless Metuh is been charged for murder,he will definitely be granted bail by the courts
Surely his offence is a bailable one. The bail will be about N400M with two sureties in like sum.

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by cktheluckyman: 12:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

James Ibori was in detention in a UK prison for the period his trial lasted. He wasn't granted bail.

Well we do not operate on the UK justice system.Unless Metuh is been tried for murder he will definitely be granted bail.
Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Swerve joor!
cleverly aka 1United hope you know you will swim in this potpourri you are preparing here. you will be the biggest loser in days to come
Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by cktheluckyman: 12:25pm On Jan 15, 2016
DropShot:

Surely his offence is a bailable one. The bail will be about N400M with two sureties in like sum.

grin grin grin grin
Whether is N400m or N4b,metuh would definitely be granted bail by the courts.
Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 15, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

that is a remand in prison custody. He had been arraigned and charged.
Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by seedorfg(m): 12:26pm On Jan 15, 2016
the yam owner, the yam and the goats grin
Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 15, 2016
id911:

I didn't say he/she is igbo. I said most of his/her comments here on NL show so much hatred for Igbo tribe, why?
ok. Apologies.
Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:28pm On Jan 15, 2016
Look Mista, am frm d SS and let me tell u only one tribe promote hatred and its d ibos! They ve been doin that since 1966! It was in that spirit of tribal hate they plotted d 1st ever coup in d history of Nig and killed all notable leaders from other tribal xtractions! Get ur facts right pls!

1 Like

Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by omenka(m): 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

It seems you are so pained that you fail to note everyone's joy was that the court did not give metuh any special privilege rather he will remain in detention while efcc is given their statutory 5 days to reply to the case.
Watch them cast aspersions on the judge and the courts. The same courts the claimed granted their goats bail. Suddenly the courts are compromised by the "Daura Tyrant".

cheesycheesy

God bless the Zoo and her people. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by TedBaker(m): 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2016
Korrect, muscle the thief till he vomit all our yams hes eaten or stashed.
Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by mjames: 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2016
ddippset:
Take me to court, take me to court, take me court! Metuh you see ya life? Season 2 of your TELEMUNDO continues in kuje prison.

Funny you are funny
Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by Lionsclaw: 12:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
ddippset:
Take me to court, take me to court, take me court! Metuh you see ya life? Season 2 of your TELEMUNDO continues in kuje prison.
You are very dull
Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by josite: 12:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
cktheluckyman:
I wonder how dumb some people can really be!!! Over five people commented on this topic and none of them actually understood the message passed by this Judge!!

Olisa Metuh's suit was not dismissed rather the judge dismissed the application for acclelerated hearing of the suit.He said the law allows the EFCC 5 days within which to respond to the suit before she rules!! So what exactly is that that you fools dont understand?

the fact that they are not lawyers and o no exactly know what actually transpires does not make them dumb and the fact that u have a sort of legal training does not make u smarter than them cus even a court clerk will be able to tell what the message actually meant.

1 Like

Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:32pm On Jan 15, 2016
AdaNri1:
that is a remand in prison custody. He had been arraigned and charged.

You're confused. If a person is "arraigned and charged", does it stop him from filing a bail application, to be coming to court from home?

1 Like

Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by Lionsclaw: 12:32pm On Jan 15, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Look Mista, am frm d SS and let me tell u only one tribe promote hatred and its d ibos! They ve been doin that since 1966! It was in that spirit of tribal hate they plotted d 1st ever coup in d history of Nig and killed all notable leaders from other tribal xtractions! Get ur facts right pls!
You are from the SS but has never travellled out of the SS so your myopic conception
Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by azeeza(f): 12:35pm On Jan 15, 2016
So Olukayode chop for the yam too,hmm his detention will be entertaining as in parrot wey e be .
Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 15, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

You're confused. If a person is "arraigned and charged", does it stop him from filing a bail application, to be coming to court from home?
he can file for bail and be denied. What I'm saying is that EFCC does not even bring some of their accused for arraignment or bail hearing. They just detain them pending on investigations.
Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by cktheluckyman: 12:37pm On Jan 15, 2016
josite:

the fact that they are not lawyers and o no exactly know what actually transpires does not make them dumb and the fact that u have a sort of legal training does not make u smarter than them cus even a court clerk will be able to tell what the message actually meant.

I am not a lawyer dear.The OP clearly described what happened in the court room for a layman to understand.Most of them clearly did nort read the write up or simply just want to beleive say and beleive whatever suits them.
Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:37pm On Jan 15, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Well we do not operate on the UK justice system.Unless Metuh is been tried for murder he will definitely be granted bail.
You only make reference to the judiciary of other countries when it suits you, no be so?

4 Likes

Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by cktheluckyman: 12:38pm On Jan 15, 2016
NOETHNICITY:

Major Nzeogwu who announced the Jan 1966 coup was from which region?

1 Like

Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by ikechi1000(m): 12:40pm On Jan 15, 2016
does that mean we have a competent judiciary?

anyways, check out https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpreoyjz2snygb8/doc4.pdf?dl=0

get my ebook on how to make money doing almost nothing and be the first to review it.
Re: Detention: Court Dismisses Metuh’s Application by wazobiaN9(m): 12:40pm On Jan 15, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Son, calm down and don't wreck your nerves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP National Caucus Meeting Holds In Abuja, At The PDP National Secretariat / Bayo Ojo, Former AGF, Admits Receiving $10m 'compensation' From Malabu Scandal / INEC Declares Muktar Shehu Winner Of Governorship Election In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.