Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Vegetarianism - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Vegetarianism (3340 Views)

The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vegetarianism by Nezan(m): 3:23pm On Jul 01, 2009
Personally, I think vegetarians are into one form of occultic practice or what? grin
Re: Vegetarianism by la1(m): 3:55pm On Jul 01, 2009
Marlbron:

Maradonna looks very fit for her age. I do not know her well so I cannot comment. However realise that if you kill an animal, a human being dies somewhere.

where on earth do these clowns come from?!!, nairaland is full of halfwits.
Re: Vegetarianism by dominique(f): 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2009
dont blame the guy, its the vegan mentalty speaking wink
Re: Vegetarianism by redsun(m): 4:16pm On Jul 01, 2009
Red meat is harzardous to ur health,avoid it as much as u can.Chicken is ok if it is free range or organic.

Fish and poutry eating vegetarianism is perfect.
Re: Vegetarianism by dominique(f): 4:20pm On Jul 01, 2009
redsun:

Red meat is harzardous to ur health,avoid it as much as u can.Chicken is ok if it is free range or organic.

Fish and poutry eating vegetarianism is perfect.

then that wont be vegetarianism, would it
Re: Vegetarianism by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 01, 2009
dominique:

then that wont be vegetarianism, would it

actually i think vegetarians are those who DONT eat RED meat but white meat such as poultry and fish is allowed

whilst VEGANS are those who strictly dont eat animal products
Re: Vegetarianism by redsun(m): 4:37pm On Jul 01, 2009
Vegetarianism is of different stages,from basic to moderate and extreme.I will like to call myself a basic vegetarian.
Re: Vegetarianism by dominique(f): 4:38pm On Jul 01, 2009
redsun:

Vegetarianism is of different stages,from basic to moderate and extreme.I will like to call myself a basic vegetarian.

nope, strict vegetarians dont eat anything that has blood running in it (beef, fish or chicken).
"vegan" is just the short form of the word.
Re: Vegetarianism by otokx(m): 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2009
Vegetarianism will be expensive in Nigeria
Re: Vegetarianism by gbubs: 5:09pm On Jul 01, 2009
Vegetarianism is quite interesting, I practised it or some years, even though I was compelled to, I still enjoyed it, the only itch is that its expensive in terms of money and time. If one has a private dietitian for example, one who can plan and arrange the diet and all one has to do is eat and abstain, it can be quite interesting. Plus it has 6 (six) wide varieties to choose from, When you consider the dangers or red meat and stuff like that, vegetarianism is a good option,
Re: Vegetarianism by iice(f): 5:32pm On Jul 01, 2009
I applaud them. Me? I like my meat wella wella.
Re: Vegetarianism by oyinda3(f): 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2009
redsun:

I don't see you as a full vegeterian if you eat chicken (white or red) or poultry. i would consider you partial vegetarian (but other full vegetarians will hate u tho for rubbing their ideals in the mud by eating chicken and considering urself vegetarian. lol)
vegetarians don't eat any meat or fish at all! but they eat cheese and drink milk and sometimes eat eggs.

veganism on the other hand is a stricter form of vegeterianism where even milk, cheese (comes from cows), honey (comes from bees), eggs (comes from poultry) are not allowed! vegans totally remove all animal and animal produce from their diet and eat primarily grains, beans fruits and veggies etc  they tend to take health supplements though.
Re: Vegetarianism by Marlbron: 7:35pm On Jul 01, 2009
la!:

where on earth do these clowns come from?!!, nairaland is full of halfwits.

Naira;and should not be turned into a forum for subtle jibes. Ask if you do not know but keep it civil. It is cowardly and childish to hide behind the computer to say things you will not say out in the open.

otokx:

Vegetarianism will be expensive in Nigeria

I respectfully disagree. Vegetarianism is cheaper than flesh eating by far and I should know!
Re: Vegetarianism by dominique(f): 8:51pm On Jul 01, 2009
Marlbron:

I respectfully disagree. Vegetarianism is cheaper than flesh eating by far and I should know!

first time i'm agreeing with you smiley
Re: Vegetarianism by krisbobo(m): 8:58pm On Jul 01, 2009
@Oyinda
It is AMORC, check www.amorc.org, and yes it is an international organisation. Many members are not vegetarians. It is a mystical and philosophical organisation that's over 2000 years old. It is not a cult.
Re: Vegetarianism by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2009
I went vegetarian for 2 years, and I must admit, after the first couple of weeks, I didn't miss meat at all - there are lots of meat substitutes that taste pretty good.

I got tempted back to meat though - a new neighbour that moved from leeds to London brought me a bowl of steaming, home-cooked chicken curry, and that was that. I got back into meat.
Re: Vegetarianism by Hauwa1: 9:44pm On Jul 01, 2009
welcome back to the land of blood and crying animals. i can see the fowls crying and begging for the right not to be killed

cry cry cry cry

safe the animal race! say no to butchery cry
Re: Vegetarianism by oyinda3(f): 10:13pm On Jul 01, 2009
krisbobo:

@Oyinda
It is AMORC, check www.amorc.org, and yes it is an international organisation. Many members are not vegetarians. It is a mystical and philosophical organisation that's over 2000 years old. It is not a cult.

hmmm undecided lipsrsealed looks cultish but if u say so
Re: Vegetarianism by tayoast(m): 11:06pm On Jul 01, 2009
The main argument behind vegetarianism is this:

they believe meat or fish, as the case may be, is a by-product of murder. Why would you end an animal's life so you could eat it.

I believe this lies with "lovers" of animals and ,
Re: Vegetarianism by Secretz(f): 11:16pm On Jul 01, 2009
Was a veggie once. . . . . , then I came to my senses. tongue
Re: Vegetarianism by osasp(m): 11:41pm On Jul 01, 2009
viggies
i wudnt survive as one

what with the chippy opposite me, i can get a decent meal 4 just 2 pounds, each piece of chicken bigger than the last, hmmmmmm. . . . . . .
Re: Vegetarianism by danaz(m): 2:07am On Jul 02, 2009
HI, tell 'em vegans dat vit. b12 is impt for some metabolic processes of the human body, pernicious anemia is jst the mildest of wat chronic vegans face
Re: Vegetarianism by slimfine(f): 3:21am On Jul 02, 2009
I give vegans props but as for me? I woulnd't know where to begin!
Re: Vegetarianism by fayahsoul: 3:52am On Jul 02, 2009
There is a vegan equivalent of stockfish called "vegan cord". Try it with noodles, fresh tomatoes and onions and you will not touch meat. It is also used as for soups and stews. When you practise vegan, it is more than just eating. It is a show of love and respect to other created beings or animals. It carries some "burden" of higher spiritualty or consciousnes. Your dream changes: you stop being chased by evil, witches and wizards. Your body becomes a fit place for the Holy Spirit to dwell. On a physical level your health situation improves dramatically. You are younger and fresher. Ageing is slowed. A 50+year vegan will look 30+year, to give you a prspective.

The toilet thing is true. If you keep fish or meat outside for a few days, the get rotten and infested with maggots. They give out nasty odour. Go figure. That happens in your alimentary canal with meat and fish. Your sh*t as a non-vegan is filled with odour. For a practising vegan it is odourless. When a veagn dies, his body can stay longer without decomposing!

U teaching!
Re: Vegetarianism by toladop(m): 4:39am On Jul 02, 2009
If we all become vegetarians, the number of goats, cows, chicken, sheep and pigs would be too much.They would just be roaming about aimlessly without use. Where would d space even b 4 dem
Re: Vegetarianism by slimfine(f): 7:01am On Jul 02, 2009
toladop:

If we all become vegetarians, the number of goats, cows, chicken, sheep and pigs would be too much.They would just be roaming about aimlessly without use. Where would d space even b 4 dem

ROTFLMAO
Re: Vegetarianism by sley4life(m): 8:11am On Jul 02, 2009
that cant happen. i shall turn to hunter living in the forest to chew my meat like robin hood
Re: Vegetarianism by Nezan(m): 9:25am On Jul 02, 2009
toladop:

grin grin grin
Re: Vegetarianism by TayoUK(m): 9:32am On Jul 02, 2009
How can any average Nigerian living in Nigeria be a vegetarian? In a country where we struggle to eat 3 square-meal a day.

But for Nigerians living in the western world where you have choices of eating everything else apart from meat, why not?

I just can't imagine someone eating any of our local foods with no meat grin How would someone enjoy efo-riro with no dry fish or crayfish? grin

I once met an Aussie girl that never tasted meat at 33yrs of age because her parents also are vegetarian. I can't imagine any of our own parents not eating meat and anyone that decided not to eat meat is by choice or just trying to adjust to the western culture.

These are my opinions tho.
Re: Vegetarianism by hackney(m): 10:16am On Jul 02, 2009
Humans are not designed to be vegans ; only herbivores like goats!! grin grin
Its just a fad (fashion that will go away one day).
it all started in the west with those nonsense hollywood people aspiring to be waifer-thin and people against killing animals (while their govts invade countries and kill humans!!)
Live forever  ko , young skin ni !!

Munch your meat jare (and have some fruits\veg if you wish).

Life without goat meat? you must be joking

grin grin
Re: Vegetarianism by fayahsoul: 5:01pm On Jul 02, 2009
In nigeria, meat/fish/dairy are still a luxury that comes only on special holidays or on occasions. So you can say that, due to poverty, many nigerians are "forced vegetarians." 

I eat meat like once in two months. It's usually goat meat and i eat heavy. If u go chop meat then eat the clean ones. What is a clean animal? good question. Clean animals eat either grass or fish. Things are what they eat. So a chicken is an unclean animal because they eat all types of S**t, even cocroaches. It's like the pig of the avian family. . .Many people even eat the fetus, or egg, of this dirty bird.

The animal produce in the west are loaded with growth hormones, texturizers, preservatives, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides and all them cides, anti-biotics, anti-bodies and they are genetically modified. You need to smell how their cows stink. When these cow transport  trucks pass by the stench it brings along is sickening. . .word to moses. Pay a visit to their farm ranches and see what going on. They feed their cows with beef and grains.

well sha, at least naija meat na quality.

Ducks are clean though. grin

The benefits of abstaining, or taking in little amounts of animal produce, can only be overstood through experience.

Your digestive tract is a second brain, not only does it look like a brain but it has a concentrated amount of nerve cells(both sympathetic and parasympathetic) just like the brain. And 80% of your immune cells are in your digestive tract. Apart from genetic diseases, almost every other dis-ease begin in the digestive tract. The brain(pineal gland) and digestive tract are the abode of the soul.

Your digestive tract is your bodies sewer system. If it gets clogged up and gluey due to excess decaying animal produce, the sewer will begin to leak into your blood stream as the villi cells that line the intestinal surface transport all sorts of toxins from the decaying animal produce
Re: Vegetarianism by etaurus(m): 5:19pm On Jul 02, 2009
Can never happen for this 9ja where we are. Its impopssible

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogbono And Okra Mix / How To Make Special Jollof Rice For The Weekend / World’s Most Expensive Food Is 8 Million Naira Per Teaspoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.