Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt (4657 Views)

Patience Jonathan Spotted In Her Hometown, Okrika. Photos / Oil Spillage In Oba-Ama In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Patience Jonathan In Okrika For Burial Of Comfort Kaine Obudibo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 6:20pm On Jan 15, 2016
I have watched with great concern as individual supposedly from orkrika/ogu/bolo/abuloma have been dishing out false and malicious essays about the wakrike people on this forum (nairaland) which if not checked could lead to tensions and hostilities in rivers state. So when I got the assignment which involves visiting Alakiri gas plant in okrika, i couldn't resist doing a fact-finding tour of Okrika. I with the company of my colleague left ndoki street borokiri port-portharcourt down to marine-base area where we took a boat ride. I hated boat rides but it was the life-jacket made available to us that reassured me of my safety,the ride was bumpy and treacherous mostly because of several debris along the sea(water way),there was a huge sigh of relief when we finally arived okrika jetty. HERE ARE THE FACTS: . . 1.Okrika is an island community some kilometers offshore rivers state. 2. The native languagues are a.krike(1st languague for many) and b.igbo(1st languague) 3. Okrika people see themselves as wakrike ethnic nationality,most will currently not identify as ijo(an waridabo affirmed this) during my visit at azuabie. 4. Okrika people are of two stocks a. Koniju(fisher-men) ancestrially more riverrine/ijo b. Tuboniju(traders) ancestrially more igboid/igbo. 5. My final point hers is that okrika is a town founded on migration and it is certainly not kolokuma/opokuma in bayelsa state or nnewi in anambra state. . . BY: Joe Eze (from oyigbo riverstate)

7 Likes

Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 6:20pm On Jan 15, 2016
I want to all so state here that “okrika wake up” is a derogatory word historically used by the ikwerre/igbos (which am 1one of) and I do not condone or encourage such languages. How ever all asunndry should not here that port harcourt is an ikwerre land and not okrika/ijaw (but contains some ijoid residents especially in waterside neigbhourhood) just like asaba is anioma land not ijos.

2 Likes

Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by explorer250(m): 7:02pm On Jan 15, 2016
This might be interesting. make i park here
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by explorer250(m): 7:07pm On Jan 15, 2016
joeprince23:
I want to all so state here that “okrika wake up” is a derogatory word historically used by the ikwerre/igbos (which am 1one of) and I do not condone or encourage such languages. How ever all asunndry should not here that port harcourt is an ikwerre land and not okrika/ijaw (but contains some ijoid residents especially in waterside neigbhourhood) just like asaba is anioma land not ijos.

bros why you dey do like newbie for nairaland. Change the thread tittle to something a little bit controversial and see it reach page 20
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by Abagworo(m): 7:19pm On Jan 15, 2016
joeprince23:
I have watched with great concern as individual supposedly from orkrika/ogu/bolo/abuloma have been dishing out false and malicious essays about the wakrike people on this forum (nairaland) which if not checked could lead to tensions and hostilities in rivers state. So when I got the assignment which involves visiting Alakiri gas plant in okrika, i couldn't resist doing a fact-finding tour of Okrika. I with the company of my colleague left ndoki street borokiri port-portharcourt down to marine-base area where we took a boat ride. I hated boat rides but it was the life-jacket made available to us that reassured me of my safety,the ride was bumpy and treacherous mostly because of several debris along the sea(water way),there was a huge sigh of relief when we finally arived okrika jetty. HERE ARE THE FACTS: . . 1.Okrika is an island community some kilometers offshore rivers state. 2. The native languagues are a.krike(1st languague for many) and b.igbo(1st languague) 3. Okrika people see themselves as wakrike ethnic nationality,most will currently not identify as ijo(an waridabo affirmed this) during my visit at azuabie. 4. Okrika people are of two stocks a. Koniju(fisher-men) ancestrially more riverrine/ijo b. Tuboniju(traders) ancestrially more igboid/igbo. 5. My final point hers is that okrika is a town founded on migration and it is certainly not kolokuma/opokuma in bayelsa state or nnewi in anambra state. . . BY: Joe Eze (from oyigbo riverstate)

Okrika was founded by union of Ijaw rooted husband and Igbo rooted wife. Every Okrika man knows this simple truth and till this day it stays same with majority of the men marrying Igbo women and producing bilingual offsprings. A lot of history have been distorted because of interests.

9 Likes

Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by Abagworo(m): 7:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
joeprince23:

Okrika has a sizeable part of Port Harcourt but city expansion went towards Ikwerreland and made the Okrika part look small.
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 7:25pm On Jan 15, 2016
explorer250:

bros why you dey do like newbie for nairaland. Change the thread tittle to something a little bit controversial and see it reach page 20
done bro...thanks
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 8:32pm On Jan 15, 2016
Abagworo:

Okrika has a sizeable part of Port Harcourt but city expansion went towards Ikwerreland and made the Okrika part look small.
not okrika bro, phalga contains okrika communities yes but minority
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by hardywaltz(m): 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2016
Pls also talk about the Okirika land grabbing attitude
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by bigfrancis21: 9:29pm On Jan 15, 2016
joeprince23:

In all, can you estimate the percentage of wakirike native speakers vs Igbo native speakers? Also can you estimate how many that speak both?

1 Like

Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by OfoIgbo: 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2016
joeprince23:

Nwokem, I'm beginning to suspect you are tonyebarcanista. Today you are Ndoki-Igbo, the next day you are Okrika, the day after that, you are Ikwerre.

Very shortly Tonyebarcanista will reply to this your message, of course bursting you as a fake and giving the impression that Igbos are into adopting false identities on nairaland
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 9:44pm On Jan 15, 2016
hardywaltz:
Pls also talk about the Okirika land grabbing attitude
yes it is a known fact that okrikans/kalabari/bayelsans benefitted in many properties from uplanders however many of this ijo people are now bayelsans resident in PH
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by Tunami(m): 9:49pm On Jan 15, 2016
let me contribute abuloma is part of okrika but their language is different from okrika bt they also speak okrika and i think they have the largest expanse of land in okrika maybe because of their unity and according to history and some people believe that abuloma people originated from abua
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 9:50pm On Jan 15, 2016
bigfrancis21:

In all, can you estimate the percentage of wakirike native speakers vs Igbo native speakers? Also can you estimate how many that speak both?
surely the krike speakers are more but I have come to learn it depends on the town ie. Kalio-ama has more tuboniju(igbo speakers) than ogu(majorly boniju)
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by Tunami(m): 9:50pm On Jan 15, 2016
let me contribute abuloma is part of okrika but their language is different from okrika bt they also speak okrika and i think they have the largest expanse of land in okrika maybe because of their unity and according to history and some people believe that abuloma people originated and migrated from abua to the present day abuloma.
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 9:51pm On Jan 15, 2016
bigfrancis21:

surely the krike speakers are more but I have come to learn it depends on the town ie. Kalio-ama has more tuboniju(igbo speakers) than ogu(majorly boniju).
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 9:52pm On Jan 15, 2016
bigfrancis21:

.surely the krike speakers are more but I have come to learn it depends on the town ie. Kalio-ama has more tuboniju(igbo speakers) than ogu(majorly boniju)
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by Tunami(m): 9:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
let me correct u @ op its not wakrike its wakirikese

1 Like

Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 9:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
OfoIgbo:

Nwokem, I'm beginning to suspect you are tonyebarcanista. Today you are Ndoki-Igbo, the next day you are Okrika, the day after that, you are Ikwerre.

Very shortly Tonyebarcanista will reply to this your message, of course bursting you as a fake and giving the impression that Igbos are into adopting false identities on nairaland
pls read again, I didn't say I was okrika...if u don't know this: most igbo/igboid communities in rivers state are regarded as ikwerre. I am from oyigbo(iriebe was initially part of us but is now under obio-akpo/ikwerre

1 Like

Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:03pm On Jan 15, 2016
OfoIgbo:

lol... You sef know ya brother na grin

joeprince23:
mr ijo man,we welcomed pro-biafra protesters in iriebe/rumukwerushi and obigbo which are ikwerre and ndoki neighbouring communities respectively. From your comments if u are really an ijoid man then you are either from bayelsa or warri mainstream ijo(gbaramatu) and not rivers(okrika/kalabari/abual-odual)
Oga impostor, STOP seeking my attention.

joeprince23:
I'm a current serving corp member in PH, I was born and raised in lagos,to a mum from oyigbo rivers state and dad from nnewi anambra. I was naïve about ss/se having been in lagos since birth and studied in Uniben, I have always wanted to visit my maternal home(PH).
https://www.nairaland.com/2373064/port-harcourt-shock-visiting-called
Mom- Oyigbo, Rivers state

Dad- Anambra state

joeprince23:
My name is Eze joseph timipre. I am from umusia afam OYIGBO LGA of rivers state(highest oil producing LGA and home of AFAM power plant). Why timipre(well my mum is okrika-ijaw from ogu in ogu-bolu LGA of rivers state
https://www.nairaland.com/2667051/south-south-biafra...a-rivers-man-view#39002985

Father... Oyingbo

Mother... Okrika

N/B: He was bursted on that thread as Timpre is neither Okrika nor western Ijaw name.

All these impostors sef... grin grin grin

Cc: Coolscott

1 Like

Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 10:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
Tunami:
let me contribute abuloma is part of okrika but their language is different from okrika bt they also speak okrika and i think they have the largest expanse of land in okrika maybe because of their unity and according to history and some people believe that abuloma people originated and migrated from abua to the present day abuloma.
true that... Okrika on its own is divided and built on migration, just like the larger ijo ethnicity that's why I pity ijo strongheads fanning embers of hate. Most ijaw clans are independent of each other both in language,trade,proximity etc ijo is just any riverine tribe
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 10:12pm On Jan 15, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Dad- Anambra state

https://www.nairaland.com/2667051/south-south-biafra...a-rivers-man-view#39002985

Father... Oyingbo

Mother... Okrika

N/B: He was bursted on that thread as Timpre is neither Okrika nor western Ijaw name.

All these igbo impostors sef...

I have addressed that severally,the topic is not about me besides if u are okkrikan make ur comment or leave

4 Likes

Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 10:22pm On Jan 15, 2016
Tunami:
let me correct u @ op its not wakrike its wakirikese
thanks...but I am not from okrika. I am only making a case against some stronghead ijo painting our“niger-delta” to what it is not, without the present nigerian state or maybe “old easthern rejion” our so called niger-delta will fall because of these troublesome riverine people(ijos) under the banner niger-delta...
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by Ariani: 11:54pm On Jan 15, 2016
explorer250:

No. He needs to add a little "Igbo flavour" to it.

Something like: " Half of Okrika is Igboland". grin

Do that and see the hawks and vultures feast on this thread as the pages elongates and mod moves it to front page.

Thank me later. wink
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by explorer250(m): 12:11am On Jan 16, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Dad- Anambra state

Father... Oyingbo

Mother... Okrika

Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by explorer250(m): 12:13am On Jan 16, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Dad- Anambra state

Father... Oyingbo

Mother... Okrika

what is your problem With the op? I thought that he has addressed this issue before?
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by explorer250(m): 12:15am On Jan 16, 2016
Ariani:

Do that and see the hawks and vultures feast on this thread as the pages elongates and mod moves it to front page.

Thank me later. wink

you are fucking right

1 Like

Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 8:12am On Jan 16, 2016
Ariani:

Thank me later. wink
many are just bigots including that barcanista guy
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 8:13am On Jan 16, 2016
explorer250:

what is your problem With the op? I thought that he has addressed this issue before?
don't mind the guy, I never mentioned his name,and this article aint about me
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 8:13am On Jan 16, 2016
explorer250:

you are fucking right
I bet he his

1 Like

Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by opiaoku: 8:24am On Jan 16, 2016
grin

just came here to blast TonyeBarcanista the protection seeking beer drinker

1 Like

Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 8:27am On Jan 16, 2016
This thread was opened to remind all those fanning the embers of hate in SS and entire southern nigeria, who believe that “niger-delta” is the bight right of the ijo,to think twice cause ndoki/obigbo ethnic nationality(which is igbo) has come of age in rivers state and with the help of our ikwerre neigbhours will resist any attempt by the okrikans in controlling PH,they can go and control the marsh lands of yenegoa....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reps Raise 2022 Budget By ₦735 Billion To ₦17.13 Trillion / President Buhari, Garba Shehu, Yemi Osinbajo Mocks Tinubu In Aso Rock PHOTOS / Enugu Set To Clear All Promotion Backlogs For Civil Servants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.