Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,234 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt (4641 Views)

Patience Jonathan Spotted In Her Hometown, Okrika. Photos / Oil Spillage In Oba-Ama In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Patience Jonathan In Okrika For Burial Of Comfort Kaine Obudibo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 8:28am On Jan 16, 2016
opiaoku:
grin

just came here to blast TonyeBarcanista the protection seeking beer drinker
my dear that guy is just sick

2 Likes

Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 8:33am On Jan 16, 2016
This same okrika provocation and restiveness was the reason wakrike lost the opportunity to host the port harcourt refinary in okrika land. The refinary is now located in eleme.
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 8:33am On Jan 16, 2016
Okrikans if left unchecked will turn PH to another warri
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by LordMecuzy(m): 8:46am On Jan 16, 2016
joeprince23:
I have watched with great concern as individual supposedly from orkrika/ogu/bolo/abuloma have been dishing out false and malicious essays about the wakrike people on this forum (nairaland) which if not checked could lead to tensions and hostilities in rivers state. So when I got the assignment which involves visiting Alakiri gas plant in okrika, i couldn't resist doing a fact-finding tour of Okrika. I with the company of my colleague left ndoki street borokiri port-portharcourt down to marine-base area where we took a boat ride. I hated boat rides but it was the life-jacket made available to us that reassured me of my safety,the ride was bumpy and treacherous mostly because of several debris along the sea(water way),there was a huge sigh of relief when we finally arived okrika jetty. HERE ARE THE FACTS: . . 1.Okrika is an island community some kilometers offshore rivers state. 2. The native languagues are a.krike(1st languague for many) and b.igbo(1st languague) 3. Okrika people see themselves as wakrike ethnic nationality,most will currently not identify as ijo(an waridabo affirmed this) during my visit at azuabie. 4. Okrika people are of two stocks a. Koniju(fisher-men) ancestrially more riverrine/ijo b. Tuboniju(traders) ancestrially more igboid/igbo. 5. My final point hers is that okrika is a town founded on migration and it is certainly not kolokuma/opokuma in bayelsa state or nnewi in anambra state. . . BY: Joe Eze (from oyigbo riverstate)

Nwanne Biko change this your Monicker na. It's not selling again you've been caught before with tribal identity crisis nobody takes you serious here again
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 8:58am On Jan 16, 2016
LordMecuzy:

Nwanne Biko change this your Monicker na. It's not selling again you've been caught before with tribal identity crisis nobody takes you serious here again
nwanne I'm not here to prove my self to any one,I'm a proud obigbo man(ndoki nwa-asa) from umuasia oyigbo LG. No identity crises here
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by GodpunishBuhari: 8:58am On Jan 16, 2016
opiaoku:
grin

just came here to blast TonyeBarcanista the protection seeking beer drinker

LoL
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by LordMecuzy(m): 9:01am On Jan 16, 2016
joeprince23:
nwanne I'm not here to prove my self to any one,I'm a proud obigbo man(ndoki nwa-asa) from umuasia oyigbo LG. No identity crises here

I've seen a thread you've said you are from a southeastern state Bro. well its not my biz anyway. Good morning
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 16, 2016
joeprince23:

Kanka nwenem, onye Asa. That's the best I can write or understand. grin
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 9:21am On Jan 16, 2016
DeeManD:

Kanka nwenem, onye Asa. That's the best I can write or understand. grin
you are a true son,no mind them
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by HopeAtHand: 10:33am On Jan 16, 2016
I dont know why i just love this thread. Not that it offers much but maybe for the comical value.

Okrika cannot host any major facility or institution because Okrika has no land. So when they say they gave land to british for PH, we ask them very a simple question "do you have land".

Look Abuloma, Amadi Ama, Borikiri. all these areas were mostly reclaimed swamps. Every in Okrika itself alot of reclamation has taken place. The british cannot have asked Okrika to give them lamd because Okrika cannot give what it does not have. Well, When Ikwerre and Okrika people are ready to finally settle the PH ownership, we shall dissect the issue very critically.

joeprince23, take my advise, rest this moniker else even your most honest of comments wouldn't be taken seriously.
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 16, 2016
TonyeBarcaniasta and his Edo fan boys would not like this. But OP take am easy with your moniker sha?
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by nabzguy: 7:47pm On Jul 10, 2016
joeprince23:
This thread was opened to remind all those fanning the embers of hate in SS and entire southern nigeria, who believe that “niger-delta” is the bight right of the ijo,to think twice cause ndoki/obigbo ethnic nationality(which is igbo) has come of age in rivers state and with the help of our ikwerre neigbhours will resist any attempt by the okrikans in controlling PH,they can go and control the marsh lands of yenegoa....
verry silly post
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by nabzguy: 11:41pm On Aug 27, 2016
HopeAtHand:
I dont know why i just love this thread. Not that it offers much but maybe for the comical value.

Okrika cannot host any major facility or institution because Okrika has no land. So when they say they gave land to british for PH, we ask them very a simple question "do you have land".

Look Abuloma, Amadi Ama, Borikiri. all these areas were mostly reclaimed swamps. Every in Okrika itself alot of reclamation has taken place. The british cannot have asked Okrika to give them lamd because Okrika cannot give what it does not have. Well, When Ikwerre and Okrika people are ready to finally settle the PH ownership, we shall dissect the issue very critically.

joeprince23, take my advise, rest this moniker else even your most honest of comments wouldn't be taken seriously.
So in your mind Abuloma, Odili road borikiri, old GRA, secretarait, up till slaughter is a reclaimed land? hnmn
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by HopeAtHand: 8:22am On Aug 28, 2016
nabzguy:
So in your mind Abuloma, Odili road borikiri, old GRA, secretarait, up till slaughter is a reclaimed land? hnmn

so Old GRA, Secretariat, belongs to Okrika or Ikwerre....and yes parts of Odili Road, Azuabie, Okuru, Abuloma and Borikiri were massively reclaimed swamps.
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by joeprince23(m): 9:32am On Aug 28, 2016
HopeAtHand:

so Old GRA, Secretariat, belongs to Okrika or Ikwerre....and yes parts of Odili Road, Azuabie, Okuru, Abuloma and Borikiri were massively reclaimed swamps.
nwenem iji hope laka
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by HopeAtHand: 9:36am On Aug 28, 2016
joeprince23:
nwenem iji hope laka
lolz. mekaa
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by HopeAtHand: 9:45am On Aug 28, 2016
Abagworo:

Okrika has a sizeable part of Port Harcourt but city expansion went towards Ikwerreland and made the Okrika part look small.

some of your comments annoy me. What do you mean by sizeable? Amadi-ama, Marine Base, borikiri and PH township are Ikwerre areas that Okrika people settled because of lack of land in Okrika. The Only Okrika ancestral area in PH is Abuloma...and Abuloma is even an extension of Okrika Mainland. You know this and you're making annoying comments. We are only accomodating them becos they are landless.
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by nabzguy: 3:25pm On Aug 28, 2016
HopeAtHand:

I don't understand why strangers tend to gainsay when it comes to PH history, see from former Obi wali civic centre(now silverbird) to slaugter to the west, and NPA to the east move down to Borikiri and the small islands adjoining belongs to the Okrika people, and that is what constitute the Okrika section of Port-Harcourt.
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by dcyool: 6:02pm On Aug 28, 2016
joeprince23:
I have watched with great concern as individual supposedly from orkrika/ogu/bolo/abuloma have been dishing out false and malicious essays about the wakrike people on this forum (nairaland) which if not checked could lead to tensions and hostilities in rivers state. So when I got the assignment which involves visiting Alakiri gas plant in okrika, i couldn't resist doing a fact-finding tour of Okrika. I with the company of my colleague left ndoki street borokiri port-portharcourt down to marine-base area where we took a boat ride. I hated boat rides but it was the life-jacket made available to us that reassured me of my safety,the ride was bumpy and treacherous mostly because of several debris along the sea(water way),there was a huge sigh of relief when we finally arived okrika jetty. HERE ARE THE FACTS: . . 1.Okrika is an island community some kilometers offshore rivers state. 2. The native languagues are a.krike(1st languague for many) and b.igbo(1st languague) 3. Okrika people see themselves as wakrike ethnic nationality,most will currently not identify as ijo(an waridabo affirmed this) during my visit at azuabie. 4. Okrika people are of two stocks a. Koniju(fisher-men) ancestrially more riverrine/ijo b. Tuboniju(traders) ancestrially more igboid/igbo. 5. My final point hers is that okrika is a town founded on migration and it is certainly not kolokuma/opokuma in bayelsa state or nnewi in anambra state. . . BY: Joe Eze (from oyigbo riverstate)

You are right Tuboniju (traders) are igbos . that TonyeBarcanista is not from Okrika. checkout this book below

https://books.google.com.gh/books?id=acAeAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA79&lpg=PA79&dq=Tuboniju+traders++speak+igbo&source=bl&ots=dIieSrNuBt&sig=KWXxlU7oPtosf-ESWAJoAiujeV8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiFpvGhruTOAhVEK48KHapgA6EQ6AEIGjAA#v=onepage&q=Tuboniju%20traders%20%20speak%20igbo&f=false
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by HopeAtHand: 7:23pm On Aug 28, 2016
nabzguy:
I don't understand why strangers tend to gainsay when it comes to PH history, see from former Obi wali civic centre(now silverbird) to slaugter to the west, and NPA to the east move down to Borikiri and the small islands adjoining belongs to the Okrika people, and that is what constitute the Okrika section of Port-Harcourt.

Hehehehehe.. Fantasy.

How many political wards does Phalga have, and which areas are under the wards.. Forget what you discuss in Okrika meetings and face reality.
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by hammer6: 6:46pm On May 09, 2017
Barcanista a Koniju(fisherman) whom is supposedly from okirika/ogubolo and abuloma keep dishing out false and malicious remarks about his brothers the Tuboniji(Trader/Farmer).

This calls for great concern becos if not checked could lead to tensions and hostilities.

The evident fact that cannot be disputed are that Okirika have two first languages, krike and Igbo. Many are bilingual. They are a healthy mix of Ijaw and Igbo. Thought tthey all identify as Okirika rather than either ethnic group.

Okrika is a town founded on migration. The Ijaw migrant to Okirika are predominantly married to Igbo women. They co-exist peacefully.

Okirika is part of a much wider region called abuloma, though their languages are different. Certain parts of Abuloma falls into Port Harcourt. (mainly the water side) This is partly due to City expansion moved more towards Ikwere areas excluding Okirika.

Okirika has a sizable population in Port Harcourt sprinkled in the south. Clearly, any further expansion should incorporate Okirika island fully into Port Harcourt.

One thing that is certain is u cannot talk or mention Port Harcourt without mentioning Ikwere and Okirika(Abuloma). The Ikwere have delibrately kept Okirika out of Port Harcourt based on fear that they will attempt to claim Igweocha as their ancestral land.

That fact is confirmed here by TonyeBarcanista claim that the entire Port Harcourt ijaw land.

Alfred Diete-Spiff an Ijaw man disposed Igbo of their properties after the war becos they feared igbo dominated the City whilst many of them still lived on boat. Many ijaw in Port Harcourt are still living in houses gotten from the igbos til this day.

It is not so much about the house but the land that the houses were built on have also changed ownership from Igbo to Ijaw.
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by bigfrancis21: 7:19am On May 10, 2017
hammer6:
Barcanista a Koniju(fisherman) whom is supposedly from okirika/ogubolo and abuloma keep dishing out false and malicious remarks about his brothers the Tuboniji(Trader/Farmer).

This calls for great concern becos if not checked could lead to tensions and hostilities.

The evident fact that cannot be disputed are that Okirika have two first languages, krike and Igbo. Many are bilingual. They are a healthy mix of Ijaw and Igbo. Thought tthey all identify as Okirika rather than either ethnic group.

Okrika is a town founded on migration. The Ijaw migrant to Okirika are predominantly married to Igbo women. They co-exist peacefully.

Okirika is part of a much wider region called abuloma, though their languages are different. Certain parts of Abuloma falls into Port Harcourt. (mainly the water side) This is partly due to City expansion moved more towards Ikwere areas excluding Okirika.

Okirika has a sizable population in Port Harcourt sprinkled in the south. Clearly, any further expansion should incorporate Okirika island fully into Port Harcourt.

One thing that is certain is u cannot talk or mention Port Harcourt without mentioning Ikwere and Okirika(Abuloma). The Ikwere have delibrately kept Okirika out of Port Harcourt based on fear that they will attempt to claim Igweocha as their ancestral land.

That fact is confirmed here by TonyeBarcanista claim that the entire Port Harcourt ijaw land.

Alfred Diete-Spiff an Ijaw man disposed Igbo of their properties after the war becos they feared igbo dominated the City whilst many of them still lived on boat. Many ijaw in Port Harcourt are still living in houses gotten from the igbos til this day.

It is not so much about the house but the land that the houses were built on have also changed ownership from Igbo to Ijaw.

This is an interesting piece about the okirika people. I was born in PH but I left there as a child many many years ago. Is Patience Jonathan descended from Tuboniji or Koniju? She speaks fluent Igbo.

What parts of okirika specially are Tuboniji? What's the ratio of Tuboniji to Koniju out of Okirika overall?
Re: beyond “okrika wake-up” syndrom in port-harcourt by nabzguy: 9:32pm On Sep 16, 2017
HopeAtHand:

Weed enhanced thinking and foolish write up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Real Saraki VS FAKE Saraki(senate President) Pictures / Sokoto People Join Queue With The Aim Of Voting Atiku Tomorrow (Pictures) / Would You Refuse A National Award?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.