Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,375 members, 7,836,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Why Muhammad Needed To Be Violent In Preaching Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Muhammad Needed To Be Violent In Preaching Islam (949 Views)

Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate / "Apostle Suleman Uses His Tongue On Me During Sex Before Preaching" - Otobo / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Muhammad Needed To Be Violent In Preaching Islam by talkingtruth: 6:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
There are many quranic verses and hadiths that point to the fact that Muhammad was violent in going about preaching islam. It is the only religion that is seen doing so. Up till date, those who believe in his way of spreading islam are violent as well. Let's examine the following hadith and we shall discover why Muhammad needed to be violent.

Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 87, Number 111:

Narrated 'Aisha:

The commencement of the Divine Inspiration to Allah's Apostle was in the form of good righteous (true) dreams in his sleep. He never had a dream but that it came true like bright day light. He used to go in seclusion (the cave of) Hira where he used to worship(Allah Alone) continuously for many (days) nights. He used to take with him the journey food for that (stay) and then come back to (his wife) Khadija to take his food like-wise again for another period to stay, till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira. The angel came to him in it[b] and asked him to read.[/b] The Prophet replied, "I do not know how to read." (The Prophet added) , "The angel caught me (forcefully) and pressed me so hard that I could not bear it anymore. He then released me and again asked me to read, and I replied, "I do not know how to read," whereupon he caught me again and pressed me a second time till I could not bear it anymore. He then released me and asked me again to read, but again I replied, "I do not know how to read (or, what shall I read?)." Thereupon he caught me for the third time and pressed me and then released me and said, "Read: In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists). Has created man from a clot. Read and Your Lord is Most Generous...up to..... ..that which he knew not." (96.15)

Then Allah's Apostle returned with the Inspiration, his neck muscles twitching with terror till he entered upon Khadija and said, "Cover me! Cover me!" They covered him till his fear was over and then he said, "O Khadija, what is wrong with me?"Then he told her everything that had happened and said, 'I fear that something may happen to me." Khadija said, 'Never! But have the glad tidings, for by Allah, Allah will never disgrace you as you keep good reactions with your Kith and kin, speak the truth, help the poor and the destitute, serve your guest generously and assist the deserving, calamity-afflicted ones." Khadija then accompanied him to (her cousin) Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza bin Qusai. Waraqa was the son of her paternal uncle, i.e., her father's brother, who during the Pre-Islamic Period became a Christian and used to write the Arabic writing and used to write of the Gospels in Arabic as much as Allah wished him to write. He was an old man and had lost his eyesight. Khadija said to him, "O my cousin! Listen to the story of your nephew." Waraqa asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" The Prophet described whatever he had seen.

Now, let's analyze the hadith with a view to bringing out some salient points:

1. Gabriel introduced islam with VIOLENCE, pressing Muhammad thrice almost to point of death each time. That was a practical example to him on how to go about his new assignment, violence. Muhammad was an illiterate man, forcing him to read is most unjustifiable. Besides, Gabriel didn't come with any document for reading.

There were some other people who had contact with angel Gabriel in the Bible, including Mary the mother of Jesus. When Gabriel met with those people, there was no report of torture, i.e severe punishment. He would tell them "Fear not". Why would the same Gabriel meet with Muhammad, pressing him thrice almost to death point? No doubt, islamic Gabriel is not the Gabriel of the Bible. Not only that, the revelations (quran) he brought contradicted the existing Scripture.

2. Muhammad came from the family of idol worshiper. His father's name was Abdullai, which means servant of allahh. As idol worshipers, the allahh they serve must be an idol. Muhammad went to Hira to worship the same allahh alone. But suddenly, the truth descended on him to continue the worship the same allahh. It then means Muhammad was already a worshiper allahh as an idol of his father before islam. When did allahh change from being an idol to the true God?

3. When Gabriel appeared to Muhammad, the first thing he said was "Read" or "Iqra". He didn't come with any document to be read neither had he taught him what to recite. What did he expect him to read or recite?So, it means Gabriel started the quranic revelations with a LIE by commanding him to read when there was nothing to read or recite when he had not taught him anything to be recited.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Muhammad Needed To Be Violent In Preaching Islam by zeetyzin(m): 7:11pm On Jan 15, 2016
Lol...get u facts ryt bro.
Lemme knw when u have concrete facts, not mere assumptions....till then, peace

1 Like

Re: Why Muhammad Needed To Be Violent In Preaching Islam by talkingtruth: 7:21pm On Jan 15, 2016
zeetyzin:

Didn't you read the OP ?

What do you mean by assumption?

Then tell me, why was Muhammad so violent in his mission?

Again, let's hear your opinion on the LIE told by the islamic Gabriel and other points raised.
Re: Why Muhammad Needed To Be Violent In Preaching Islam by XaintJoel20: 8:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
zeetyzin:
Please tell us the 'fact' if you know it. This your defence is weak...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Muhammad Needed To Be Violent In Preaching Islam by XaintJoel20: 8:11pm On Jan 15, 2016
Educating and revealing... Thanks a million OP. I know those sons of Allah will come up with baseless defence...
Re: Why Muhammad Needed To Be Violent In Preaching Islam by talkingtruth: 8:16pm On Jan 15, 2016
XaintJoel20:
Educating and revealing... Thanks a million OP. I know those sons of Allah will come up with baseless defence...
Thanks too. You are welcome.
Re: Why Muhammad Needed To Be Violent In Preaching Islam by zeetyzin(m): 9:54pm On Jan 15, 2016
XaintJoel20:

Please tell us the 'fact' if you know it. This your defence is weak...
Im not a fan of baseless religious arguments....sorry to disappoint.
Look elsewhere bro.
Re: Why Muhammad Needed To Be Violent In Preaching Islam by zeetyzin(m): 10:03pm On Jan 15, 2016
undecided
Re: Why Muhammad Needed To Be Violent In Preaching Islam by zeetyzin(m): 10:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
XaintJoel20:
Educating and revealing...
Thanks a million OP.
I know those sons of Allah will come up with baseless defence...
How old r u?
When u grow up, ull realise that there is more to this life than wasting time on arguments which will eventually yeild no result...
Devote ur time into somtin more meaningful...ur future depends on it...d life u want ur children to live depends on it...so, quit being a religious e-warrior, and focus on ur life...
Goodluck.
NB...watever u say next matters less..uve been placed on ignore. kiss
Re: Why Muhammad Needed To Be Violent In Preaching Islam by zeetyzin(m): 10:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
talkingtruth:

Didn't you read the OP ?

What do you mean by assumption?

Then tell me, why was Muhammad so violent in his mission?

Again, let's hear your opinion on the LIE told by the islamic Gabriel and other points raised.

I wont start explaing nada, cos even if i do, uve been engineered to blv wateva u want to.
So, ill just ignore u.
Ull outgrow ur immaturity, im very sure...
Peace.
Re: Why Muhammad Needed To Be Violent In Preaching Islam by talkingtruth: 8:53am On Jan 16, 2016
zeetyzin:

I wont start explaing nada, cos even if i do, uve been engineered to blv wateva u want to.
So, ill just ignore u.
Ull outgrow ur immaturity, im very sure...
Peace.

Lol !
Re: Why Muhammad Needed To Be Violent In Preaching Islam by jamace(m): 11:20am On Jan 16, 2016
grin grin
Re: Why Muhammad Needed To Be Violent In Preaching Islam by tartar9(m): 6:15pm On Jan 16, 2016
what is this dunce saying
Re: Why Muhammad Needed To Be Violent In Preaching Islam by talkingtruth: 6:58pm On Jan 16, 2016
tartar9:
Can't you read and understand?
Re: Why Muhammad Needed To Be Violent In Preaching Islam by plappville(f): 10:12pm On Jan 16, 2016
Muhammad was born into idol worshiping family. No doubt, he kept his parents religion. The OP has made very good points. Bravo OP.

Do not allow anyone to intimidate you from exposing ISLAM. Honestly speaking, if it was to be the true GOD that visited Muhammad.

Even in his illetrate state, Muhammed would have been able to read the invisible book he was asked to read.

The God of Israel is all powerful. Is there anything he cannot do? But allah of the arabs could not make his prophet to read.

At least to convince his audience he really met with a divine being. Instead, he tortured him almost to death... cheesy
Re: Why Muhammad Needed To Be Violent In Preaching Islam by plappville(f): 10:14pm On Jan 16, 2016
tartar9:

Exposing more lies of allah... cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Reveal Palestine Grand Mufti Told Hitler To Killed Jews / My Experience As A Catholic Missionary Priest In Angola / Christ Apostolic Church Crisis Ends.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.