Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,009 members, 7,814,442 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel (2715 Views)

If The Trumpet Sounds Now What Excuse Will You Give Why U Didnt Go To Church? / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Massive Crowd Rush 2 St Augustine Church, After News Of Bleeding Crucifix Broke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 18, 2016
Slikbae:
what truth Mr?

Mary is the mother of Christ and deserves to be honored.
Re: Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel by Slikbae: 2:29pm On Jan 18, 2016
The sad truth is this: honoring or praying to Mary is demonic and alien to Christianity.

bye Sire!!
samted:

Re: Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2016
Slikbae:
The sad truth is this: honoring or praying to Mary is demonic and alien to Christianity.

bye Sire!!

PEACE.
Re: Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel by Jusmudi(m): 4:12pm On Jan 18, 2016
samted:

God bless u
Re: Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel by Jusmudi(m): 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2016
Slikbae:

bye Sire!!
Hw can u nw proof 2 me dt asking ur pastor 4 prayers on ur behalf is demonic?
Re: Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel by Slikbae: 5:17pm On Jan 18, 2016
These are two separate instances.

Its biblical , now consider this bible verse James 5:14

14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church , and let them pray over him , anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

A church elder can be a pastor or a deacon. per the bolded, take note, it says it must be done in the name of the Lord, not in the name of Mary.

You do remember the story of Jacob right? and how he prayed for the two sons of Joseph right? praying for someone is okay.

What is not okay is "praying to" someone. There are two different things. Jesus Christ is our "only" mediator. He alone died for our sins. Praying to Mary, honoring her and praying to Angel Michael are all demonic, occultic practices.

Any other questions?
Jusmudi:

Hw can u nw proof 2 me dt asking ur pastor 4 prayers on ur behalf is demonic?
Re: Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2016
Slikbae:
These are two separate instances.

Its biblical , now consider this bible verse James 5:14

14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church , and let them pray over him , anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

A church elder can be a pastor or a deacon. per the bolded, take note, it says it must be done in the name of the Lord, not in the name of Mary.

You do remember the story of Jacob right? and how he prayed for the two sons of Joseph right? praying for someone is okay.

What is not okay is "praying to" someone. There are two different things. Jesus Christ is our "only" mediator. He alone died for our sins. Praying to Mary, honoring her and praying to Angel Michael are all demonic, occultic practices.

Any other questions?

but where have you heard anyone 'praying in the name of mary'??

Please get your facts right and stop chewing what your catholic-hating pastors and church members are feeding you.
Re: Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel by Slikbae: 6:11pm On Jan 18, 2016
I am a grown adult, I live by the bible and not what any pastor says.

you don't pray to Mary right? now what does this mean?

"holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death"??

does that seem to you like a prayer to God or to Mary?? And pls don't tell me its a way of honoring her. That is all levels of wrong.
samted:

Please get your facts right and stop chewing what your catholic-hating pastors and church members are feeding you.
. per the bolded, nobody hates you lot. Not every constructive criticism is born out of hatred.
Re: Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 18, 2016
Slikbae:

"holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death"??

does that seem to you like a prayer to God or to Mary?? And pls don't tell me its a way of honoring her. That is all levels of wrong.. per the bolded, nobody hates you lot. Not every constructive criticism is born out of hatred.

Did you even read what you typed PRAY FOR US SINNERS!!! Did you see the prayer end in "in the name of mary"

Look at it this way. You offend your father and then you go to your mother and say "mother, help me plead with daddy".

Does that sound like asking forgiveness from your mother?

Let's reason like intelligent beings that we are. Asking someone to pray for you is not the same as praying to that person.

And no, your criticism is not constructive...if it were you wouldn't use words like demonic.
Re: Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel by Slikbae: 8:06pm On Jan 18, 2016
Denial won't do you no good. It isn't only when you mention "in the name of Mary" that you're praying to Her. This isn't rocket science. Any prayer that isn't done in the name of Jesus or that is addressed to any being or entity other than Jesus is pagan or demonic prayer. Yes, I said that without mincing words.

Did Jesus instruct you to plead or pray to Mary asking her to pray to Jesus in your behalf? You might as well pray to Abraham or Isaac.

Do not bring common sense into this, the ways of the lord are not the was of men. There is a path that seemeth right unto men, but the end thereof is destruction.

Mary has no power to intercede for anyone. The holy spirit is our only intercessor. Anything other than that I against what Christianity died for.

And praying to Angel Gabriel is the height of it all.

These are the things I'm supposed to be preaching to a pagan or an atheists, not a 'supposed' christian.

I refuse to comment further on this topic. Its a free world.
samted:

Did you even read what you typed PRAY FOR US SINNERS!!! Did you see the prayer end in "in the name of mary"

Look at it this way. You offend your father and then you go to your mother and say "mother, help me plead with daddy".

Does that sound like asking forgiveness from your mother?

Let's reason like intelligent beings that we are. Asking someone to pray for you is not the same as praying to that person.

And no, your criticism is not constructive...if it were you wouldn't use words like demonic.
Re: Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 18, 2016
Slikbae:
Denial won't do you no good. It isn't only when you mention "in the name of Mary" that you're praying to Her. This isn't rocket science. Any prayer that isn't done in the name of Jesus or that is addressed to any being or entity other than Jesus is pagan or demonic prayer. Yes, I said that without mincing words.

Did Jesus instruct you to plead or pray to Mary asking her to pray to Jesus in your behalf? You might as well pray to Abraham or Isaac.

Do not bring common sense into this, the ways of the lord are not the was of men. There is a path that seemeth right unto men, but the end thereof is destruction.

Mary has no power to intercede for anyone. The holy spirit is our only intercessor. Anything other than that I against what Christianity died for.

And praying to Angel Gabriel is the height of it all.

These are the things I'm supposed to be preaching to a pagan or an atheists, not a 'supposed' christian.

I refuse to comment further on this topic. Its a free world.

your opinions bruh. peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel by Jusmudi(m): 5:46pm On Jan 19, 2016
samted:

Tanks 2 dt correction
Re: Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel by Jusmudi(m): 5:51pm On Jan 19, 2016
Slikbae:

does that seem to you like a prayer to God or to Mary?? And pls don't tell me its a way of honoring her. That is all levels of wrong.. per the bolded, nobody hates you lot. Not every constructive criticism is born out of hatred.
Even ur praying 2ru her maks it easier 4 me, y? because if I can ask my mum 2 help me beg smtin 4rm my dad because she ll b in good position 2 do dt, wat we are saying is different 4rm wat u are saying, u even ask ur pastor 2 remember u in prayers. Do u also remember St, Paul in his latter he always tel dem dt he ll remember dem in prayers
Re: Why U Must Join Catholics 2 Pray D Prayer 2 St Michael D Archangel by Jusmudi(m): 5:53pm On Jan 19, 2016
samted:

your opinions bruh. peace.
Peace my broda is wat d church always give

(1) (2) (Reply)

Precious Stone With Image Of "Jesus Christ" Found In Ibadan, Oyo State. Photos / My Experience With The Book Of Mormon / T.B JOSUA Is A Fake Prophet...?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.