Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) (52556 Views)

Names Of Politicians Who May Replace Babachir Lawal As SGF / See Reverend Father's Judgment About Politicians ( Photo) / This Is What Happens When Foreign Media Hates Nigerian Politicians - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by Akious2k2(m): 12:20pm On Jan 16, 2016
If dis was the Period of WAI, den we already have politicians...
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
Nostalgic embarassed
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by Chicha1: 1:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
Wooow, that awkward moment when yesterday was far better than today, and we re all praying to go back to yesterday's life

Mynd44, Ishilove, lalasticlala make una come see o

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by Cholls(m): 1:44pm On Jan 16, 2016
my brothers please show me the picture of old oshodi.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by Rossikk(m): 1:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
Op, What about the REST of Lagos, or did it only comprise Carter Bridge? AND PLEASE DON'T SHOW US IKOYI. SHOW US MUSHIN, AJEGUNLE, OSHODI, AMUKOKO, ORILE, AND OTHER PARTS OF LAGOS NEGLECTED BY THE COLONIAL RULERS. DON'T COME HERE TRYING TO DECEIVE US WITH ONE BRIDGE. Today we have nice bridges and flyovers everywhere, even in places like Ilorin and Uyo. AND PEOPLE DRIVE THEIR CARS AND SUVs ON THEM, NOT BICYCLES.

Fact is that the colonial era was a time of mass poverty, deprivation, illiteracy, and near zero infrastructural development. Op, stop trying to paint it as some sort of golden era. IT WAS NOT. Carter Bridge or no Carter Bridge.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by hardbody: 1:59pm On Jan 16, 2016
Weedcrusher:
Wrong caption. This is how Lagos looks before the people from east of naija disfigure it

You can all see how populated, developed and organized lagos was before the not do goods migrated in mass exodus from their barren, eroded and cursed lands

I giggle anytime I hear these children of hate claim they own lagos. Lagos was a big metropolis owned by the Yorubas before they came, and it will remain so after they left.

Dummy, Igbos were here in Lagos then, the only difference is that the white men had not allowed your urchins called street boys to take over parking lots and start extorting money and doing alaye on the streets. When your boys and men became largely criminally inclined, things got haywire.

13 Likes

Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by Weedcrusher: 2:08pm On Jan 16, 2016
hardbody:

Dummy, Igbos were here in Lagos then, the only difference is that the white men had not allowed your urchins called street boys to take over parking lots and start extorting money and doing alaye on the streets. When your boys and men became largely criminally inclined, things got haywire.

QED....Igbos introduced large scale crime to Lagos. were there no white men in your onitsha or aba that same period. Bring out pix of any eastern city of the same period and let's compare

10 Likes

Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by Rossikk(m): 2:15pm On Jan 16, 2016
Nigerians can be so naive and daft when white people are involved. See how one bridge means the country was great, super, etc. But show them pics of Abuja today, and use that to represent "what Nigeria looks like", and they'll quickly remind you of other parts of the country that don't look like that. They are sensible with regard to their modern achievements by black govts, but turn dumb, stupi.d and gullible when presented with a few measly colonial structures which automatically mean heaven for them. TRAGIC.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by quickly: 2:16pm On Jan 16, 2016
hoseamatoh:
Take a look at this picture, the old Nigeria, this is of course Nigeria before the birth of politicians, we can only look with envy and pray that our children or grand children would enjoy another Nigeria this beautiful

oil money and greed introduced corruption into nigeria

1 Like

Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by Rossikk(m): 2:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
quickly:

oil money and greed introduced corruption into nigeria
Stop talking rubbish. Massive corruption by your colonial rulers is what caused Nigeria to be an undeveloped bush with not a single university, expressway, or power plant at independence, after nearly 70 years of uninterrupted white rule, even though export proceeds amounted to countless billions of dollars in today's money. Corruption did not start in the 60s or 70s. It started in 1897. It actually REDUCED with independence.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by chris81964(m): 3:03pm On Jan 16, 2016
hoseamatoh:
Take a look at this picture, the old Nigeria, this is of course Nigeria before the birth of politicians, we can only look with envy and pray that our children or grand children would enjoy another Nigeria this beautiful
The VW bus and Land Rover are worth a lot of money today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by Abagworo(m): 3:16pm On Jan 16, 2016
Nigeria is much more developed now but with greater population pressure. If we don't start birth control now, then our grandchildren will still believe 2016 to be better than 2066.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by Vision4God: 3:58pm On Jan 16, 2016
One thing is constant in life...."change ".
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by evergold(m): 3:58pm On Jan 16, 2016
In the days of Eze goes to school and Agbo lives in the town of....
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by Idiialoma: 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2016
Unlike these days
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by kobonaire(m): 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2016
This was before the population explosion
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by sukkot: 4:01pm On Jan 16, 2016
well dressed people. and orderly. now it has turned to hell
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by canalily(m): 4:01pm On Jan 16, 2016
But today people are still wearing Tie to ride motocycle...the range rover bulldozer is still the same as range rover sport
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by Holuwakemmy16(f): 4:01pm On Jan 16, 2016
Chai nigeria don suffer o,God please rescue this county in the hands of our so call politician
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by goshen26: 4:02pm On Jan 16, 2016
I feel like crying, looking at this pics
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by sukkot: 4:03pm On Jan 16, 2016
JohnnyNY:
That was then when everyone was OK with whatever they got... NOT NOW
tell nairaland and linda ikeji to stop posting picture of people flaunting their wealth. they are part of the problem

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by wilsonbright: 4:03pm On Jan 16, 2016
9jaBloke:
Meen! See old school cars..sorry, Vintage.

Wetin cause traffic? I thought vehicles were few.

I do not see any traffic? I think those cars were in motion when the pic was taken.
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by GoodlifeOkoro: 4:03pm On Jan 16, 2016
Abagworo:
Nigeria is much more developed now but with greater population pressure. If we don't start birth control now, then our grandchildren will still believe 2016 to be better than 2066.

You are very correct

According to projections, Nigeria will be the 3rd most populated country by 2050. Only behind China and India

We will overtake the USA in 14 years time

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by lilygabriel08: 4:07pm On Jan 16, 2016
it makes me sad to think it was those who enjoyed it at its best that decided to ruin it for the rest of us and deny us of what they enjoyed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 16, 2016
hoseamatoh:

Happy are those that lived in Nigeria during colonial days.................... I prefer to be under white man and enjoy civilization than being under black-money and live like animal.

I never believe there was a time in Nigeria where bicycle have its lane. thanks OP.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by birmingham04: 4:09pm On Jan 16, 2016
If we could turn the hand of time. How I wish if to say pmb is a military head of state now. A lot of heads go roll.
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by cardoctor(m): 4:09pm On Jan 16, 2016
What does it look like now?
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by chynie: 4:10pm On Jan 16, 2016
9jaBloke:
Meen! See old school cars..sorry, Vintage.

Wetin cause traffic? I thought vehicles were few.

i doubt this was old nigeria

look so fake
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by AnanseK(m): 4:10pm On Jan 16, 2016
kingzizzy:

Canoe and boats

This picture was the good old days of Nigeria w[i][/i]hen the Brit[s][/s]ish were still in charge. Then Nigerians took over and wrecked the place

No. This picture was not when British were in charge. Even the Nigerian leaders after independence worked very hard and the citizens had respect for authority and a focus not like the indomie generation of today.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others / Ayiri Emami And His Squad Fly In A Private Jet To Lagos (Photos) / John Owan Enoh's Hotel To Be Demolished As He Defects To APC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.