Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) (52558 Views)

Names Of Politicians Who May Replace Babachir Lawal As SGF / See Reverend Father's Judgment About Politicians ( Photo) / This Is What Happens When Foreign Media Hates Nigerian Politicians - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by blackprowler: 7:04pm On Jan 16, 2016
Rossikk:
Op, What about the REST of Lagos, or did it only comprise Carter Bridge? AND PLEASE DON'T SHOW US IKOYI. SHOW US MUSHIN, AJEGUNLE, OSHODI, AMUKOKO, ORILE, AND OTHER PARTS OF LAGOS NEGLECTED BY THE COLONIAL RULERS. DON'T COME HERE TRYING TO DECEIVE US WITH ONE BRIDGE. Today we have nice bridges and flyovers everywhere, even in places like Ilorin and Uyo. AND PEOPLE DRIVE THEIR CARS AND SUVs ON THEM, NOT BICYCLES.

Fact is that the colonial era was a time of mass poverty, deprivation, illiteracy, and near zero infrastructural development. Op, stop trying to paint it as some sort of golden era. IT WAS NOT. Carter Bridge or no Carter Bridge.

Kai. You don't know anything!
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by blackprowler: 7:26pm On Jan 16, 2016
I made a mistake just now replying that individual called Rossike. My error and I didn't know how to delete. His case is a lost case and I've said I won't be engaging him anymore. To those of you Yoruba jingoists, if Calabar remained the colonial HQ of Nigeria, the West would be just like any other part of backward Nigeria. Maybe tomorrow now Abuja indigenes would say they're the most advanced people in Nigeria, going by that dumb analogy. Before independence, the richest man in Lagos was at one time called Sir Louis Ojukwu. That doesn't sound Yoruba to me. Down with near-apes ethnic warlords; up One Nigeria!
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by vindisick: 7:55pm On Jan 16, 2016
everyone in this picture must have all died now... this world sef. just enjoy yourself nothing lasts forever
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by infinitypro(m): 7:56pm On Jan 16, 2016
SkyBlue1:
And to think we are still racing to catch up with the past . . . .

Whoever says one shudnt luk back to d past doesn't knw d story of naija
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by Bigprozzie: 8:01pm On Jan 16, 2016
anonimi:

Will the TAXES collected from them be refunded

No, maybe you can pay it for the government with your images and grey hairs

4 Likes

Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by LordVoldemort(m): 8:04pm On Jan 16, 2016
shizzy7:
How did people move from Lagos island to mainland before the construction of third mainland bridge, eko bridge, Carter bridge since its all water...

They walk on water!! grin
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by franklin000(m): 8:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
na lie
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by Twill92: 8:55pm On Jan 16, 2016
OMG! I think i just saw the same Edet in our textbook.... was he not in calabar when the pics was taken?.... Endtime pics.
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by lailo: 8:59pm On Jan 16, 2016
It's Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida that destroyed dis country.
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by sheubaba2013: 9:37pm On Jan 16, 2016
That was when stealing is corruption not now that stealing aren't corruption. That was when you are responsible for your action. That was when people follow protocol. That was when we see each other as one. That was when Nigeria criminal politrickshans have not being given birth to or some are still very small. Check out the arms deal, ibo, hausa, yoruba and other tribes are involved, no tribe is innocent. May God continue to expose the criminals amongst us and may He help we d follows to follow with fear, sincerity and love each other. Amin
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by pulsa(m): 9:53pm On Jan 16, 2016
Abagworo:
Nigeria is much more developed now but with greater population pressure. If we don't start birth control now, then our grandchildren will still believe 2016 to be better than 2066.
you are one of the few who really knows what they are saying our GDP now is more than ten times of what it was then but our population is now like twelve to fifteen times what it was then, throw corruption and unbelievable inequality into the mix and voila Nigeria as we know it.
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by Lexzycane(m): 10:21pm On Jan 16, 2016
The car with spare tyre on the hood though! How was that conceived?
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by ozoro: 10:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
Rossikk:
Op, What about the REST of Lagos, or did it only comprise Carter Bridge? AND PLEASE DON'T SHOW US IKOYI. SHOW US MUSHIN, AJEGUNLE, OSHODI, AMUKOKO, ORILE, AND OTHER PARTS OF LAGOS NEGLECTED BY THE COLONIAL RULERS. DON'T COME HERE TRYING TO DECEIVE US WITH ONE BRIDGE. Today we have nice bridges and flyovers everywhere, even in places like Ilorin and Uyo. AND PEOPLE DRIVE THEIR CARS AND SUVs ON THEM, NOT BICYCLES.

Fact is that the colonial era was a time of mass poverty, deprivation, illiteracy, and near zero infrastructural development. Op, stop trying to paint it as some sort of golden era. IT WAS NOT. Carter Bridge or no Carter Bridge.

On point!!!

How many villages had electricity in colonial days (the whole of UK had electricity then oh!)
How many kids could go to primary or secondary school?
Most towns and villages had no good roads to get the mammy wagon
In a family of 6 chldren only one child could go to school ( that one child is now the corrupt politician or civil servant training his brothers children with proceeds of corruption)

Contrary to popular opinion our standard of living is actual better.
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by airforcee007: 10:24pm On Jan 16, 2016
Bigprozzie:
That was Lagos before mass migration from IPOB land

This will be restored after all the markets and other livelihood of these miscreants are destroyed
how dare you wish others evil? what if your life becomes miserable before theirs? don't let evil swallow you in your quest to see others perish.
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by ozoro: 10:26pm On Jan 16, 2016
blackprowler:
I made a mistake just now replying that individual called Rossike. My error and I didn't know how to delete. His case is a lost case and I've said I won't be engaging him anymore. To those of you Yoruba jingoists, if Calabar remained the colonial HQ of Nigeria, the West would be just like any other part of backward Nigeria. Maybe tomorrow now Abuja indigenes would say they're the most advanced people in Nigeria, going by that dumb analogy. Before independence, the richest man in Lagos was at one time called Sir Louis Ojukwu. That doesn't sound Yoruba to me. Down with near-apes ethnic warlords; up One Nigeria!

And your point is?
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by kingzizzy: 10:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
anonimi:

Are you NOT a Nigerian

I'm an indigenous born Igbo man. If you say that I'm a Nigerian, well Lugard said this even before you so it is open for debate.
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by akigbemaru: 10:40pm On Jan 16, 2016
Lagos in 1946
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by tobisco29(m): 11:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
Sometimes i wish things were like old but also happy for the development
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by semaj23: 1:13am On Jan 17, 2016
I still don't think did is Nigeria
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by Nobody: 2:50am On Jan 17, 2016
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by FRANKOXY(m): 3:46am On Jan 17, 2016
Only change is certain.
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by madjune(m): 4:50am On Jan 17, 2016
shizzy7:
How did people move from Lagos island to mainland before the construction of third mainland bridge, eko bridge, Carter bridge since its all water...

They go through Ebutte Metta.
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by danidee10(m): 7:49am On Jan 17, 2016
akp202:
but right now nigeria is on d verge of breaking up....all thanks to buhari

And ur so called leaders looting nigeria now will do the same to the new country u crave
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:50am On Jan 17, 2016
Kelklein:
yh..when Nigeria was not a jungle..

@ signature... when i hear website upgrade 97 million naira i do wonder if tractors and other high tech machines were bought and dumped on the website... as far as am concerned.. website upgrade requires just one computer with an individual keying in what is given.
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by Freegud(m): 8:27am On Jan 17, 2016
See my papa car @ de front of the 1st oneSee my papa car @ de front of the 1st oneSee my papa car @ de front of the 1st one
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by iykekelvins(m): 9:22am On Jan 17, 2016
All dis. Pple go be Great great grannies now, if they're still alive
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by prof12(m): 5:01pm On Jan 17, 2016
shizzy7:
By canoe and boats.
For your information the third mainland bridge was constructed by the military not the politicians.
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by kayalla(f): 9:43pm On Jan 17, 2016
chai
Re: This Is How Nigeria Looked Like Before The Coming Of Politicians (photo) by tck2000(m): 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
kossyablaze:
Haaaa see my grandpa o!
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC. Wins 19 States, Leading In Four Others / Ayiri Emami And His Squad Fly In A Private Jet To Lagos (Photos) / John Owan Enoh's Hotel To Be Demolished As He Defects To APC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.