Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Popular Masqurade Charged With Theft. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Popular Masqurade Charged With Theft. (3074 Views)

Female Banker, Others Charged With Defrauding Emir Of Kano’s Account (photos) / Woman, 30, Charged With Theft Of N3.6m Phone Accessories. / Man Charged With Stabbing Co-Tenant Over Bathroom Usage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Popular Masqurade Charged With Theft. by iniguy(m): 7:41am On Jun 24, 2009
Ha ha ha ha, this is hilarious, i wonder what language did the masqurade use to plea his case in the court.
Re: Popular Masqurade Charged With Theft. by Nezan(m): 11:13am On Jun 24, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Spirit no de thief. They take what belongs to them. If the masquerade robbed you, it means you didn't pay tithes to the spirit. grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Popular Masqurade Charged With Theft. by oluclem(m): 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2009
[quote from Aloy.Emeka on Yesterday at 06:21:17 PM]Spirit no de thief. They take what belongs to them. If the masquerade robbed you, it means you didn't pay tithes to the spirit.[quote][/quote]

Ara orun is broke and need some currency on his way back to heaven, lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Popular Masqurade Charged With Theft. by joobreel(m): 8:55pm On Jun 25, 2009
Is it 'prosecute a masquerade, the spirit inside the cloak or the human wearing the rag'? Who is in the police net now? Where are the stolen items? Y wld a spirit steal? I bow for Naija anytime. I just hope ALAPANSAPA is not = AKALA!!!
Re: Popular Masqurade Charged With Theft. by ifababa(m): 2:50pm On Jun 26, 2009
short of words, just too hilarious to make me think straight,
Re: Popular Masqurade Charged With Theft. by fuke(m): 9:12am On Jun 28, 2009
Y ee pa Ara orun ti sewon, serves him right . I must add that masguerades in some paces are devoid of violence that characterises Ibadan festival ,especially this alapansanpa. Miscreants use it to steal and maim and in some cases, for vendeta. In some other climes, masquerades do entertain with drums and dance and they are said to have healing therapy. At last I can remember once, when I was small, the sound of the drums of our own alapansanpa, not Ibadan own o, sent my fever scampering. Now let me give a coupe of examples where masquerades do entertain. One, if you watch Aladunwo masquerade at Oke Imesi i nEkiti state, you will have a memory you wont forget for life. The crowd, the atmosphere can only be compared to Man U Versus Liverpool FA final minus the noise. Two, At Effon Alaye, the gate way to Ekiti State, their Alabalu masquerade is the acme of cultural entertainment. No cutlasses and sticks as you have in Ibadan. This masquerade will likely make an outing this year and i will keep interested nairalanders posted.
Re: Popular Masqurade Charged With Theft. by Nezan(m): 5:42pm On Jun 29, 2009
fuke:

Y ee pa Ara orun ti sewon, serves him right . I must add that masguerades in some paces are devoid of violence that characterises Ibadan festival ,especially this alapansanpa. Miscreants use it to steal and maim and in some cases, for vendeta. In some other climes, masquerades do entertain with drums and dance and they are said to have healing therapy. At last I can remember once, when I was small, the sound of the drums of our own alapansanpa, not Ibadan own o, sent my fever scampering. Now let me give a coupe of examples where masquerades do entertain. One, if you watch Aladunwo masquerade at Oke Imesi i nEkiti state, you will have a memory you wont forget for life. The crowd, the atmosphere can only be compared to Man U Versus Liverpool FA final minus the noise. Two, At Effon Alaye, the gate way to Ekiti State, their Alabalu masquerade is the acme of cultural entertainment. No cutlasses and sticks as you have in Ibadan. This masquerade will likely make an outing this year and i will keep interested nairalanders posted.
everything has a different meaning in Naija.
Re: Popular Masqurade Charged With Theft. by AloyEmeka9: 8:15pm On Jun 29, 2009
joobreel:

I just hope ALAPANSAPA is not = AKALA!!! 
grin grin grin You no well.
Re: Popular Masqurade Charged With Theft. by Teejay07(m): 5:53am On Jul 02, 2009
Unfortunately, some street urchins must have employed the opportunity of the annual masquerade festival to carry out their dastardly acts. In those days, I remember staying somewhere in my great grandfather's house in Ibadan just watching the colourful passage of these masquerades. It was like a carnival, similar to the Eyo Festival in Lagos and (though not comparable with) the popular Rio de Janeiro of Brazil. Then, to us the essence of the masquerade march past was to showcase the Ibadan culture and heritage. I remember one popular song about this same masquerade, Alalpansanpa, and goes thus:

Alapansanpa o de'le Olubadan, Ibadan o fara ro. (Until Alapansanpa gets to the Olubadan's palace to pay obeisance, there would be no peace.) 

It was just plain fun.

You just need to see their inticately woven and colourful costumes. However, these 'sacred' institutions have been desecrated. I guess, it is a reflection of the general decay in the society. Too bad.

Methinks, if Ara Orun Kinkin has committed a crime he should be taken to court like anyone else. However, who should be prosecuted - the Masquerade Alapansanpa or the Individual in the Costume. To my mind, it should be the Individual in the costume o.
Re: Popular Masqurade Charged With Theft. by LamidiObi: 10:20pm On Jul 02, 2009
yorubas breaking juju record again in just one month. even their maqurede na steal.
Re: Popular Masqurade Charged With Theft. by AloyEmeka9: 8:14am On Jul 03, 2009
Teejay07:

Methinks, if Ara Orun Kinkin has committed a crime he should be taken to court like anyone else. However, who should be prosecuted - the Masquerade Alapansanpa or the Individual in the Costume. To my mind, it should be the Individual in the costume o.
How will you prosecute the person when the crime was committed by the avatar?. The avatar should be prosecuted until the 'thing' behind it decides to take out his costume and show us a face. grin grin
Re: Popular Masqurade Charged With Theft. by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 04, 2009
This one na Crime matter!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun State INVADED! 15 Killed As 100 Militants Embarked On Killing Spree! / Humans Butchered And Ate Their Fellow Human (Scary/Touching Picture). / Troops Raid Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.