Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Bayelsa Development (pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Development (pictures) (18792 Views)

I Have Clearer Vision For Bayelsa's Development-sylva / 1,000 Defect From APC To PDP In Bayelsa / Jonathan, Fayose At The Bayelsa PDP Governorship Primary Election Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Development (pictures) by Batubo(m): 9:12pm On Jun 21, 2009
Bayelsa State is a state in southern Nigeria in the core Niger Delta region, between Delta State and Rivers State. Its capital is Yenagoa. The language spoken here is Ijaw; however, like the rest of Nigeria, English is the official language.
Bayelsa State has one of the largest crude oil and natural gas deposits in Nigeria.

Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by Batubo(m): 9:15pm On Jun 21, 2009
Bayelsa Buildings

Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by deor03(m): 9:17pm On Jun 21, 2009
Pls correct me If i am wrong?

Bayelsa is supposed to be the easiest state to develop in the country.

1.It has the smallest land mass
2.It is one of the richest states in the country
3. It is a mono ethnic state

All they need in that state is a serious governor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by Batubo(m): 9:17pm On Jun 21, 2009
jk

Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by Batubo(m): 9:18pm On Jun 21, 2009
ll

Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by Batubo(m): 9:25pm On Jun 21, 2009
kk

Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by Batubo(m): 9:27pm On Jun 21, 2009
tyh

Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by deor03(m): 9:28pm On Jun 21, 2009
hmmmm,

impressed
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by udezue(m): 9:35pm On Jun 21, 2009
Nice GO BAYELSA
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by Batubo(m): 9:40pm On Jun 21, 2009
kiol

Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by tpiah: 9:58pm On Jun 21, 2009
handsome governor.

Too bad these aint happier times! sad
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by KnowAll(m): 10:03pm On Jun 21, 2009
Whoever says state creation will not bring development to the area are talking from their arse. This particular area was a bush 10 - 15 years ago.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by Batubo(m): 10:14pm On Jun 21, 2009
bbbbbbbbbb

Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by Batubo(m): 10:18pm On Jun 21, 2009
ll

Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by Batubo(m): 10:28pm On Jun 21, 2009
vcv

Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2009
After Lagos and Abuja, the Niger Delta is looking like the next most developed region in the country.
There are pictures of Warri on Nairaland, pictures of Calabar and now pictures of Bayelsa. . . . all looking really nice.
I don't know any other part of Nigeria that can boast of any pictures this nice.
Why is the media giving the impression that the region is so underdeveloped??

@poster
The uncompleted storey building. . . what's the intended use and how many stories on completion?
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by vigasimple(m): 11:35pm On Jun 21, 2009
The poster is one of the Governors 'cyber speakers'. Most of this project I am pretty sure are before this present governor came to power.

2. Alamesuya boat can be seen at the background, is that before or after his impeachment, as he has continue to dominate Bayelsa politics.

3. If Alamesuya has not taken so much money from Bayelsa state treasury, the state should be among the best now, if not the best.

4. I hear the guy ( Alamesuya )stomach is full of money which he hide from his loot( $100 bill, and UAE million dollars Treasury bills) grin grin grin

We wish all the states in our country God's speed in development
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by strangleyo: 3:17am On Jun 22, 2009
As long as the current governor stick to some kind of long term plan and doesn't only think about himself, I hold much respect.

Also, if any other governor posterboys are reading this, plz post large and detailed pics, not those little ambiguous things of a little house in the centre of a grassy knoll.

We'd like to see detailed development, and also don't be ashamed of posting pics of places that your WILL develop but have not developed yet.

Also before and afters would be nice to see.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by ifyalways(f): 11:29am On Jun 22, 2009
@OP,u try oooo. cheesy
Make u show us down Yenagoa side,inside Ekeki and Amarata.etc
Most of ur buildings were built by Alamco wink
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by Batubo(m): 12:45pm On Jun 22, 2009

2. Alamesuya boat can be seen at the background, is that before or after his impeachment, as he has continue to dominate Bayelsa politics.

theres a difference between the word Alamieseigha and Alamsingha

Most of ur buildings were built by Alamco  Wink

most are built by timipre, the only building by alams is the building(#14) and the second bridge but completed by timipre
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by dredone: 12:57pm On Jun 22, 2009
this pictures ar just show offs!
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by rasputinn(m): 1:03pm On Jun 22, 2009
ifyalways:

@OP,u try oooo. cheesy

Yea that's true,plus the few that Goodluck could not complete and handed over to Timipre
Looking at the pictures,one would think we're talking of some large area that's been covered,all the same,we're happy that things are happening in Yenagoa and I hope with time they'll spread evenly in the eight or so LGAs.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by rasputinn(m): 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2009
@ Batubo

You seem to have access to the government of Bayelsa state,so could you avail me more info about the 500 million fish project and the rice farming project of the Sylva government
I'll be in Yenagoa again soon,then I'll be able to assess things for meself wink wink,
Finally on a more serious note,which contract you fit package make we run at least unto fellow nairaland levels wink wink
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by Witi(m): 1:40pm On Jun 22, 2009
Beloved be not deceived by all these posted pictures. We've been seeing such in the past and by the time you get to the location you will find nothing. One of the reasons why we are having problem in Niger Delta region of Nigeria  is because there state and local government are not living up to expectations, Bayelsa State (8 local Governments most of which are onshore) is collecting X3 of Ekiti-State (16 local Government) monthly allocation if not for the little political unrest in Ekiti, Ekiti was contesting with Bayelsa in terms of Developmental effort by the state government. If all these pictures are true then why do some people choose not to enjoy them and turn themselves to militants. The person that paste these pictures must be an aide of the Bayelsa-State Governor and trying to prepare peoples mind against 2011 election.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by proudly9ja(m): 1:56pm On Jun 22, 2009
what annoys me most is when governors splash their pictures on pages of newspaper and now, forums like this. This is what cause discontinuation of projects in Nigeria. When you do a thing, people should be made to view it as what GOVERNMENT is doing for them and not what Fashola, or Amaechi or whatever the name of the Bayelsa state governor is, is doing. People should see it as, a Lagos, Rivers, Bayelsa state government project. That way, when a new governor or president comes in, his work will be to continue those projects and introduce new ones all in the name of the state not the governor!

In a related story, I hear even the FG has joined the internet propaganda now. They are spending loads of money paying for internet services for people to help launder their image on forums, chatrooms, etc. Well, at least, the youths are getting employed. lol
However, they should note that nothing sells you more than the work you've done. Imagine if govt starts and completes the Benin-Ore road and Lagos- Ibadan? They wouldn't need CNN to tell the whole world!
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by sashbaby(f): 2:12pm On Jun 22, 2009
i agree with you proudly naija. am sure those pixs are just the state capital. how about the interior villages we need to see development there not just showing off few locations and saying the governor is trying his best to bring development. with the amount of money allocated to the state much work should have being achieved. am not swayed by the pictures. by the time road network,electricity,portable drinking water,health care facilities modern schools etc are shown in the rural areas i will believe that the government is responsive to the needs of the people.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by ijawgirl: 2:15pm On Jun 22, 2009
nice pics but Bayelsa still has a loooooong way to go
their current governor is useless, Alams is 2 million times better than him
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by chukxy44(m): 2:30pm On Jun 22, 2009
proudly9ja:

what annoys me most is when governors splash their pictures on pages of newspaper and now, forums like this. This is what cause discontinuation of projects in Nigeria. When you do a thing, people should be made to view it as what GOVERNMENT is doing for them and not what Fashola, or Amaechi or whatever the name of the Bayelsa state governor is, is doing. People should see it as, a Lagos, Rivers, Bayelsa state government project. That way, when a new governor or president comes in, his work will be to continue those projects and introduce new ones all in the name of the state not the governor!

In a related story, I hear even the FG has joined the internet propaganda now. They are spending loads of money paying for internet services for people to help launder their image on forums, chatrooms, etc. Well, at least, the youths are getting employed. lol
However, they should note that nothing sells you more than the work you've done. Imagine if govt starts and completes the Benin-Ore road and Lagos- Ibadan? They wouldn't need CNN to tell the whole world!

i agree with you 100%, am only take my time to view post like this because of my love for nice pictures and my patrotisim to our beloved Nation. Pls. advice the government Action speaks louder than voice.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 22, 2009
vigasimple:

The poster is one of the Governors 'cyber speakers'. Most of this project I am pretty sure are before this present governor came to power.

3. If Alamesuya[/b]has not taken so much money from Bayelsa state treasury, the state should be among the best now, if not the best.

4. I hear the guy ( [b]Alamesuya
)stomach is full of money which he hide from his loot( $100 bill, and UAE million dollars Treasury bills) grin grin grin

We wish all the states in our country God's speed in development

Are you in anyway related to the poster? and how come you deduce that all this were the current Governor's fault, ?

sashbaby:

i agree with you proudly naija. am sure those pixs are just the state capital. how about the interior villages we need to see development there not just showing off few locations and saying the governor is trying his best to bring development. with the amount of money allocated to the state much work should have being achieved. am not swayed by the pictures. by the time road network,electricity,portable drinking water,health care facilities modern schools etc are shown in the rural areas i will believe that the government is responsive to the needs of the people.

GBAM!!!

ifyalways:

@OP,u try oooo. cheesy

Ify, are you a Bayelsan
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 22, 2009
Batubo:

Bayelsa State is a state in southern Nigeria in the core Niger Delta region, between Delta State and Rivers State. Its capital is Yenagoa. The language spoken here is Ijaw; however, like the rest of Nigeria, English is the official language.
Bayelsa State has one of the largest crude oil and natural gas deposits in Nigeria.

@OP
Your description about Bayelsa State are vivid and sure No doubts, BUT don't you think the present administration of Sylva been the Governor needs some more rapid developmental changes in the core areas and villages of the state?

By the way, are you a state or Government House Correspondent? (just wondering) Nice pics though. undecided undecided
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by ifyalways(f): 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2009
Batubo:

theres a difference between the word Alamieseigha and Alamsingha

most are built by timipre, the only building by alams is the building(#14) and the second bridge but completed by timipre
i hail u.
The solar street lights were brought in By Alams.
the Hospital was built by Same Alamco.
The long tarred road u posted(Imgbi road. . .leads straight to Ogbia) was done by Alams.
That pic wey Oyibo dey and where dem dey dance na Youth Devloment center and Sports complex all built by Alams.
Bridge(connects toAmasoma)na Alams build am.
Yenagoa fine sha but the villages are pathetic.real very pathetic,Nothing like electricity,no Pipe Borne water.
Aside Yenaoga,Brass,Nembe,Amasoma,Ogbia and maybe a few other places,the state is really pathetic,the ppl sef dey try.
@Brein,i no bi Bayelsan sha.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by ahf(m): 7:26pm On Jun 22, 2009
Heard a lot about Bayelsa, though I have never been there. The pictures show quite a nice place, wonder why the press paint the place as a place of violence. (very bad stigma).

Irrespective of the governor that puts infrastructure in place, to me it doesnt matter, just put it in place and let people enjoy them.

I think the people of the Niger Delta should start working at correcting the wrong image about the people and the place (Niger Delta) the world has been made to accept.
A few people using wrong tactics (but fighting a just cause) are trying to rubbish the name of the people of the region.

Even after the struggle and development starts to spread in the region, mindsets and ideologies can never be changed, once lost it is lost forever.

No matter how small the development, it's still progress, such Governors should be commended even if they have other flaws (dont all humans have such?)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Attah Ochinke Rejects Ayade's Appointment Over The Size Of His Government / BREAKING: Magu Not Sacked - EFCC; Presidency (Read Tweets) / "El-Rufai Needs Psychiatric Test" – Shehu Sani Writes Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.