Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Bayelsa Development (pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Development (pictures) (18786 Views)

I Have Clearer Vision For Bayelsa's Development-sylva / 1,000 Defect From APC To PDP In Bayelsa / Jonathan, Fayose At The Bayelsa PDP Governorship Primary Election Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by rasputinn(m): 7:43pm On Jun 22, 2009
@ Batubo,

Oya over to you,there're so many posts waiting for your response,or his excellency's schedule never let you show face for nairaland
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by ijawgirl: 7:52pm On Jun 22, 2009
Bayelsa State should not be growing at the pace with which it's growing.
Most of those buildings were built by Alamco.
Bayelsans need to kick out that crackhead,  idiot Timipre out of their state. He has nothing to show for his tenure.
From fry pan (alams) to fire(timipre)
May God help Bayelsa,
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by denony(m): 8:21pm On Jun 22, 2009
The atmosphere of Bayelsa will be great for tourism
Govt. need to look at that perspective.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by dominictj(m): 8:47pm On Jun 22, 2009
Almost all the finest structure in display above have been attributed to the regime of Alamieseigha, yet he was painted in a bad light that many of us who had neva been to Bayelsa assume he was only a corrupt minded Gov.
The state no bad o
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by tommyex(m): 8:59pm On Jun 22, 2009
As faras i am concerned the South-South has the worst leaders in Nigeria, They get lots of money and do lil, Gov Timi is doing some ok work in the state capital, which the kenyan long-distance runners can cover without breaking sweat, Can we see pix of Opokuma which is the next door town, mr publicity
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by tommyex(m): 9:02pm On Jun 22, 2009
@Dominic,
In this Oil-rich region, progress can be made and you will still enbezzle lots'a money if you are governor, alams did not do well, power supply only came in at d end of his tenure if not after,
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by nature262(m): 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2009
I love those pic but thombs down to gov. timipre SqwEEw! common student bursery him no fit pay na 500 mili - fish him wan catch." Then even say" him wan go borro money, goodluck and alamco were better.
@poster
paste good pictures but dont attribute it to any govnor (u sure no be him (timi) send u)
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by Gekko(m): 9:12pm On Jun 22, 2009
Aesthetically, the green and white stripes is an eyesore. undecided

We need more cultivated, free-thinking, cosmopolitan city planners in Nigeria.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by davidif: 10:13pm On Jun 22, 2009
[size=20pt]NIGERIANS!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?! WHY DO WE ALWAYS CONFUSE NICE BUILDINGS WITH DEVELOPMENT. GEEZ. [/size]

Development happens when the overall standard living of the common man improves. Instead of throwing money at building houses why not just throw all the money at giving the people of Bayelsa 24/7 electricity. A  lot of Nigerians don't know that lack of electricity hampers commerce. That if we have constant electricity, it would kick start industrialization and tons of foreign investors would flood the country causing unemployment to plummet drastically. Instead, the governor is busy building houses. Who is going to live there? Electricity generation SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM FOR BAYELSA. Nigeria emitted so much gas flares from rigs that is enough to power up half of Africa and yet it cannot solve a simple electricity problem. Na wa o. Now i know why they say that Africans have the lowest IQ of every other race.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by Ccomputers(m): 10:19pm On Jun 22, 2009
DEAR ALL,

Bayelsa is very nice and rich but not as stubborn or with stubborn citizens like our ANAMBRA STATE.

Pls develop una state now u don't have heartless people.

Thanks a lot Nigerians
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by IKEYMAN1: 10:52pm On Jun 22, 2009
DEAR ALL,

Bayelsa is very nice and rich but not as stubborn or with stubborn citizens like our ANAMBRA STATE.

Pls develop una state now u don't have heartless people.

Thanks a lot Nigerians

see ur foolish and smelly computer mouth

wey u dey when i ask people to post pic of their state, ehuhh, u come here de talk like u are wise, stuburn internet cafe u get for akwa, maybe i don use ur service before, abi u dey near market or mr biggs side self, mennh abeg no get me angry now ooo, na so u do vex me here

u no even fit use ur computer post for nl, see na only small post u make self
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by Becomrich: 11:01pm On Jun 22, 2009
From the bayelsa map, Ekermore and sagbama are the places I was talking about, waho. You see I was not telling a lie. they look just like in the satellite picture said and the old map of the western region. They part of delta state and not Bayelsa state. I think they need to amend this. what they need to do is get the ijaw part of rivers into toru into bayesla and now remove us from Nigeria into benin republic.

Look I am seen the map of bayelsa local govet for the first time. Waho those satellite pictures are right.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 11:55pm On Jun 22, 2009
davidif:

NIGERIANS!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?! WHY DO WE ALWAYS CONFUSE NICE BUILDINGS WITH DEVELOPMENT. GEEZ.

Development happens when the overall standard living of the common man improves. I[size=16pt]Instead of throwing money at building houses why not just throw all the money at giving the people of Bayelsa 24/7 electricity.[/size] A  lot of Nigerians don't know that lack of electricity hampers commerce. That if we have constant electricity, it would kick start industrialization and tons of foreign investors would flood the country causing unemployment to plummet drastically. Instead, the governor is busy building houses. Who is going to live there. Electricity generation SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM FOR BAYELSA. Nigeria emitted so much gas flares from rigs that is enough to power up half of Africa and yet it cannot solve a simple electricity problem. Na wa o. Now i know why they say that Africans have the lowest IQ of every other race.

Because the Nigerian constitution makes your request impossible.
The constitution demands that, If any state government generates electricity, it has to pump it into the national grid, which would eventually be shared btw all the states from zamfara to abia! The constitution is the hindrance to the nations growth.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by davidif: 12:01am On Jun 23, 2009
Because the Nigerian constitution makes your request impossible.
The constitution demands that, If any state government generates electricity, it has to pump it into the national grid, which would eventually be shared btw all the states from zamfara to abia! The constitution is the hindrance to the nations growth.

[size=18pt]WHAT?!?!?!?! [/size]

Unbelievable, you really cannot be telling the truth??  I really hope its a lie.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 12:07am On Jun 23, 2009
So true brother! It's the simple reason why you haven't heard a good governor like Fashola talk about Power generation!
It makes investment in power so unattractive. Unbundle that part of the constitution and the electricity problem is solved.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by davidif: 12:31am On Jun 23, 2009
But Fashola is a lawyer can't he find some of the best lawyers in the country to find a loophole in the constitution because i know the guys who drafted that part of the constitution were probably not the brightest for coming up with something like that. This is what lawyers do, they find a way around the rules or come up with something creative to beat the rules. I mean where there is a will there is a way.

For example, he can get a couple of private investors preferably from overseas (maybe the US or Dubai) to build a power plant in Benin republic to provide Lagos with electricity. This should work afterall Benin republic is a sovereign nation and the nigerian courts have no jurisdiction on the country. Trust me there has to be ton of ways to get past that part of the constitution.

If all else fails and he can't find a way around that stipulation then can't he seriously lobby the president or use his contacts like Tinubu to encourage the house to overturn something this foolish. And if that still doesn't work, then he can go on public crusade in front of the media explaining this problem so that congress would be pressured to overturn the law. We can't have socialized power generation.

Now i know why NEPA doesn't work, you have this large inefficient structure and an overbloated bureaucracy trying to administer it.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by Becomrrich: 1:12am On Jun 23, 2009
The man who wrote the constitution was really an ijaw man and he was emotional about the constitution . Here is an example. He is the true map of bayelsa state. some part of Rivers state were in former brass and should be part of bayelsa, while ekermore and sagbama were part of former bendle state.

so emotion run in Justice tobi. It is what i assume. he was been human i assume. but Gowon speech that created river state says says ekermore and sagbama are part of delta state. And the others are part of

Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by PapaBrowne(m): 1:47am On Jun 23, 2009
davidif:

But Fashola is a lawyer can't he find some of the best lawyers in the country to find a loophole in the constitution because i know the guys who drafted that part of the constitution were probably not the brightest for coming up with something like that. This is what lawyers do, they find a way around the rules or come up with something creative to beat the rules. I mean where there is a will there is a way.

For example, he can get a couple of private investors preferably from overseas (maybe the US or Dubai)  to build a power plant in Benin republic to provide Lagos with electricity. This should work afterall Benin republic is a sovereign nation and the nigerian courts have no jurisdiction on the country. Trust me there has to be  ton of ways to get past that part of the constitution.

If all else fails and he can't find a way around that stipulation then can't he seriously lobby the president or use his contacts like Tinubu to encourage the house to overturn something this foolish. And if that still doesn't work, then he can go on public crusade in front of the media explaining this problem so that congress would be pressured to overturn the law. We can't have socialized power generation.

Now i know why NEPA doesn't work, you have this large inefficient structure and an overbloated bureaucracy trying to administer it.

Nice thinking! I always wonder why they can't really push hard to change that law.
I was reading an article where the Delta state Governor referred to plans for power generation from Delta State alone of 2500MW of electricity over the next 4 years.
According to what he said, funds were not a problem as, the state as well as willing investors are financially capable 2 handle it.
However, he referred to the success of the project being hinged on the FG's willingness to allow the state utilize the generated power for Delta state and sell the excess capacity to others. Problem is, the constitution doesn't allow!
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by smasher1(m): 3:06am On Jun 23, 2009
This ip interesting. I was @ Yenagoa march this year & was not very impressed by d deve in d State in general. Post more pix/
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by davidif: 5:11am On Jun 23, 2009
Nice thinking! I always wonder why they can't really push hard to change that law.
I was reading an article where the Delta state Governor referred to plans for power generation from Delta State alone of 2500MW of electricity over the next 4 years.
According to what he said, funds were not a problem as, the state as well as willing investors are financially capable 2 handle it.
However, he referred to the success of the project being hinged on the FG's willingness to allow the state utilize the generated power for Delta state and sell the excess capacity to others. Problem is, the constitution doesn't allow!

Na wa o for this country. I still can't give up hope, there should be a way around this thing. Fashola or the gov. of Delta state can use there contacts like the vice president (who is from that region) or obasanjo to persuade congress. I believe that it can be done all fashola and the south south (or oil producing states) governors have to be willing to do is to go testify in front of congress that the law should be thrown away. In fact, the senators and house of reps members from the south south should initiate a bill like this. They should also see if they can get there fellow congress members from the south east and the south west to go along.

Another strategy would be to negotiate with the federal govt to repeal the whole dichotomy issue where the oil producing states get a majority of the oil funds each year in exchange for this states to own there own power plant because at the end of the day, these states can make up much more in revenue from having 24/7 electricity than getting a few extra millions from the govt for oil money allocation or what do you think. i sincerely believe that there has to be a way around this thing.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by iukpe: 8:00am On Jun 23, 2009
Its OK guys, lets start from somewhere. At least as old as Bayelsa state is, in 2009 we are seeing photos of new structures and a new bridge.
At this pace, in years to come, the wealth and efforts of serious future governments will be seen and enjoyed by the people of Bayelsa.
Lagos state didn't start in one day to be what it is today.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by kiwi992(m): 10:27am On Jun 23, 2009
Hi All,

It's all very well showing pictures of buildings in Bayelsa State.  Just remember that it's part of the Niger Delta and that part of Nigeria is totally run-down, unlike the rest of Nigeria.

I'm NOT impresssed at all, considering what wealth that state and others in the Niger Delta contribute to the cuffers of the corrupt Nigerian government.  Nigeria and the Niger Delta in particular should be like Saudi Arabia, in terms of development.

My hometown, BAKANA, (an oil producing Kalabari town) is in Bayelsa State (I'm told), yet there is no development of any sort there, just like the rest of the Niger Delta. 

It's all very well trying to impress us with photos of cheap new buildings and one crummy bridge - who cares about that?  Where's the real infrastructure?  The hospitals, roads, schools, universities, motorways, electricity, sea ports, airports, industries and so on?  What's been done about the pollution in the Niger Delta?  Nothing whatsoever, nothing!!!

We shouldn't be talking about a particular state in that part of Nigeria, rather we should address the problems of the Niger Delta as a whole, never mind singling out one state to fool us. 

Nigerian politicians have amassed billions (yes, billions of £s!) for themselves and themselves alone to the detriment of the whole country and the Niger Delta in particular, yet we come here to express our excitement at mere boxy, old-fashioned cheap new buildings.

Take a trip to the Middle Eastern countries and see what they've done with their oil revenues and you'll be amazed.

kiwi992.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by ow11(m): 12:14pm On Jun 23, 2009
Ermm Kiwi992,

Don't worry Bakana is still part of Degema LGA in Rivers state. These Niger Delta Governors had better open their eyes and do better than cheap buildings and propaganda.

Taking a cue from davidf, WE NEED CONSTANT POWER SUPPLY!!!!
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by itumama: 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2009
Woow wat a nice place.the state is lookin nice,its seems d governor is tryin to put tins inorder not lik before.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by becomricch: 4:21pm On Jun 23, 2009
Kiwi, dont worry Bakana can be part of river or bayelsa, and it is a small town that can be relocated. less than 200 or 300 houses.

Look at the map below. All the govt need to create is OCEAN STATE. it cross the tip of the ocean into akwa ibom and cross rivers state.

And ocean state and cross river state are what we need to make the north have 70% of the oil and 90% of the land, if the igbos refuse to go with the north. That means that akwa ibom would be part of biafra and also the remain part of river state. While Ocean state and cross river state are part of the remain NEW NIGERIA. Okay. you would get what you want. The north shall have 70% of oil.

Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2009
Becomerich please stop this ur satelite rubbish.bakana has more than 300 houses and i'm 100% sure cuz i've been there.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by 9ja4eva: 7:14pm On Jun 23, 2009
Well the only State Governor that i know is really working in this present administration
is : THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR

Delta State seems the worst from the South.The South South Governors are thieves.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by darrengel(m): 8:04pm On Jun 23, 2009
Plz Don't mind the Poster Joo, He must definetely be a Governor Cyber Spokeman, Because I as a Person know Bayelsa intoto. I live around GWEGWE whenever I travel there. The picture only shows the Lowest development in Yenogua only. ask the poster to snap waterside picture of places Likes Brass, Ogbeia and other small town apart from Yenogua.

The Pass Governors and the present are all economic Theif.

Atleast, we heard the former Governor of Bayelsa, who is now our Vice President is on Ribadu's List of corrupt pass Governors.

Anyway, It is Well , When the time come, God will save us.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by kiwi992(m): 8:13pm On Jun 23, 2009
Hi All,

Thanks to you guys for correcting me about Bakana not being in Bayelsa State.  I thought it was.

Actually, it was some French girl here who told me Bakana is in Bayelsa State as she'd been there.  I'd always wondered as to why, considering that all the other Kalabari towns are in Rivers.  I thought the thieving Nigerian politicians are up to their tricks again by trying to divide the Kalabaris.

Still, the peoples of Bayelsa and Rivers are one - all suffering injustices in the hands of the corrupt Nigerian government.  I bet those thieving politicians are laughing their heads off whilst we show off crummy cheap buildings here.  All I can say is that the day of the peoples of the Niger Delta shall come 'cos every dog has its own day.   

Only three hundred houses in Bakana?  The third largest Kalabari town with just two to three hundred houses?  What a bloody joke, that!  You do need to get your facts right as pointed out by Abagworo.  Even then, it isn't really the size of the town that matters is it?  What counts is its economic importance and Bakana is one of the towns in the Niger Delta that produces oil for the robbing Nigerian politicians to line up their pockets.  How sad is that eh?

Ever wondered as to what good would have come out of the oil revenues but for those greedy, thieving Nigerian politicians?  

Ocean State?  What are you on about?

kiwi992.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by archbishop(m): 11:18pm On Jun 23, 2009
HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,

With all the money in the state,this is nothing. They have to do more.
This pictures is not the true realities of things in my Bayelsa.
One love.
Re: Bayelsa Development (pictures) by mafioso(m): 11:26pm On Jun 23, 2009
bayelsa is a rich oil state but lack development man

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Makanjuola Ogundipe's South-West PDP Rejects Fayose / PDP Blasts Obaseki Over Silence On RUGA Settlement / Senator Jimoh Ibrahim Appoints 100 Special Assistants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.