Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,819 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. (40383 Views)

Man Spots Couple He Helped 3 Years Ago Begging On Same Issue / MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested / Friends Mourn Angel O'Brien Death: "After All I Told You, You Still Continued" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by playtheblues(f): 3:08pm On Jan 16, 2016
Very very fake.

A girl (who's now his wife) joined him in lying that the eye witness' fiance raped the girl.

Did the girl corroborate that?

Was the wife an eye witnesses?

Heresay evidence is not admissible in law.

Was the wife 1st listed as a witness in the information filed in the court?

My mother is a judge ( Governor Udom Emmanuel I told you am not hiding) so I know quite a bit about law.

Next time carry out a thorough research before lying to millions of Nairalander or are you a learner?

Wasn't the girl taken to the hospital for Medical Report? Didn't they test the sperm specimen to see if it matched with that of the 1st suspect?
Gaborone:

Thanks for asking that question. There're even more pointers to the fact that it is made up.

Let me answer for him: Yes, the story is fake.

5 Likes

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Wizkoko(m): 3:09pm On Jan 16, 2016
repogirl:
So you mean the rape victim cannot point out the attacker abi she blind?

Abeg OP make sure your fake story is intact before you come come and be fooling yourself in public.

That is it o. The whole story doesn't make sense.

2 Likes

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by mrtruth: 3:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
This is serious. It should also be a big lesson to the LYING LIARS
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by dikeigbo2(m): 3:13pm On Jan 16, 2016
Is this real or fiction? ,If its the later no qualms, but the former, you are heartless,you terminated someone's happiness to save your stupid friend, and this happened where? Pakistan or naija ,whichever the judge that ruled that case based on self recognition is so daft and lazy,for its a must that you will never go unpublished either now or later,. You will never eat your cake and still have it.

Any way ,Karma is a fvcking bitch

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Wizkoko(m): 3:13pm On Jan 16, 2016
myfantasies:
Nd his wicked deeds will take him nd his wife including his friend to heaven abi

No be only hell

Where we dey at the moment na wetin?

The way you are speaking is as if you've never done anything wrong.
We are in the third heaven.
Well, if they repent then they are good to go.
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 16, 2016
playtheblues:
Very very fake.

A girl (who's now his wife) joined him in lying that the eye witness' fiance raped the girl.

My mother is a judge ( Governor Udom Emmanuel I told you am not hiding) so I know quite a bit about law.

Next time carry out a thorough research before lying to millions of Nairalander or are you a learner?

Wasn't the girl taken to the hospital for Medical Report? Didn't they test the sperm specimen to see if it matched with that of the 1st suspect?
the 12 year old did not appear in court. and his father happens to have worked in the Navy connecting him to some influential persons in the realm before he retired, plus he is the fathers son and girl is an orphan. this is enough to vindicate his lying azz.
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Lexusgs430: 3:14pm On Jan 16, 2016
SuperSTORY!!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by adekayo1234(m): 3:16pm On Jan 16, 2016
This story is crap as in crappy! I can't believe a lot of NLs would just pounce on a foolish story and start dishing out consolations without questioning the genuineness of the story. Nice try op, but your crap would not even make a nollywood script and for the mod that moved this to fp, I award you an IQ of Sin 30

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by BreezyRita(f): 3:16pm On Jan 16, 2016
coolsix:

I am not the friend! And where in my post did i vouch for him? Its like this Nigeria economy is affecting so many people sha!

coolsix:

Story is real bro. In India it's death sentence especially religious court just like sharia in Nigeria.

And the story is true. I'm aware of it for a long time
And what do you call this undecided

And what has the economy got to do with made-up stories??

Just so you know, we don't believe every crap we see or hear here in Nigeria, lest we are made to look foolish.

And your Yoruba-speaking Indian friend said the court bieved his story just cos his father is a figure in the navy? In India?
And you dare to bring Nigeria's economy into this story undecided

Make I hear pesin wey go talk say 9ja corrupt. undecided

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Jabioro: 3:19pm On Jan 16, 2016
Your case had got two edge,infact three,instead of one person. you have involved yourself and your woman,The innocentl man.Now if you go back to confess you also be in trouble because at first instance you lie under the oath. .Before the God and man you in trouble ...I don't know how you going solve your self created puzzle.
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by MicKaro: 3:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
This story is as fake as A Leprecaun.And to think some ppl bliv this just shows that we really have educated literates.

2 Likes

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by persius555(m): 3:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
vault:
12 year old got a fiance??
police didn't do a medical examination test for the rape victim??
the victim didn't testify in court??
death sentence for a rapist??
your made up story got lots of faults. undecided
rape issue is so easy these days,, all they need is a form of DNA
When did death sentence become the penalty for rape in nigeria. "Where he comes from death is the penalty for rape"
If you believe this hogwash of a story, u a potential victim for the next scam.
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
playtheblues:
Very very fake.

Your post gives me hope. Happy others saw through his lies. He thinks one can just grab anyone and throw into a witness box to testify. And yea, he didn't conduct his research properly. He accused an innocent person in a rape suit, and the individual was convicted just like that. Without semen sample, nothing. In a suit (rape/defilement) which is more difficult to prove than murder. Yea, right.

I'm a little amused that innocent peeps are bothering their pretty heads advising him though.

2 Likes

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by playtheblues(f): 3:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
There's no way the victim would not have appeared in court.

Mind youn the fact that someone is a Naval officer's son does not mean that all his evidence in court will be admissible.

The judge looks at the circumstances of the case to deduce the truth.
Valeree:

the 12 year old did not appear in court. and his father happens to have worked in the Navy connecting him to some influential persons in the realm before he retired, plus he is the fathers son and girl is an orphan. this is enough to vindicate his lying azz.
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by kwencypresh(f): 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2016
Wizkoko:

Confession is a very bad idea. If he confess, then both him and his friend must die.
He should confess so that d soul of the innocent man can rest

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by myfantasies(f): 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2016
Wizkoko:

The way you are speaking is as if you've never done anything wrong.
We are in the third heaven.
Well, if they repent then they are good to go.
My guy keep quiet

If i have sinned it's not up to dis, maybe u have, dis one dat u r justifying d guy r u sure that you are not d friend dat raped dat little girl, if not den u must be a pedophile

U r telling me i will go to hell, no be only hell na KONGA

After all the people wey dey hell no get two head

Na which one be third heaven again, or na u be d angel wey dey in charge of the gate?

3 Likes

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
BreezyRita:

And what do you call this undecided

And what has the economy got to do with made-up stories??

Just so you know, we don't believe every crap we see or hear here in Nigeria, lest we are made to look foolish.

And your Yoruba-speaking Indian friend said the court bieved his story just cos his father is a figure in the navy? In India?
And you dare to bring Nigeria's economy into this story undecided

Make I hear pesin wey go talk say 9ja corrupt. undecided

So because i did not join you in saying the story is fake means i vouched for him? Yes, he is yoruba speaking as even i can write a full page in Hindu and Spanish! Does that make me any less of a Nigerian? Yes, the Economy has eaten many of your thinking.

Someone has been on a Nigerian forum since 2014, who invited him to the forum? How did he encounter the person without visiting Nigeria? You Nigerians have this shallow thinking. You feel nobody can be like you. An asian speak yoruba its a big deal. Speak pidgin is a big deal.

Have you seen https://translate.google.com ? Where anybody can speak any language online? Don't let me start with you this afternoon. Me don't take trash from assholes.

2 Likes

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Sashd: 3:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
drunk friend plus an inhumane decision. SMH my guy forgiveness of oneself and from the accused and molested is what u should sort after before going to God. because woe betide your soul if this story is true and all u feel is a pricking conscience
P.S flee from that Jezebel u call a wife. my two cents

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by oluwafreshkid(m): 3:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
playtheblues:
Very very fake.

That part alone nullifies the story!!!
I think though, that instead o programming, write nollywood stories...You'd make a lot.

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Honesty007(m): 3:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
Go and fast for 3 days dry fasting.u have commited false witness and d avenger of blood may be pursuing u.
After the fasting * confess before the church and tell ur pastor to pray for you

#it is better to be cleared here on earth n suffer hurt than hold guilt on Judgment day and be cast into hell.the suffering u r to face is in a righteous way so *better take it*
Remeber exodus 34:7.

Or u confess ur sins and find d woman who was d wife of the husband sentenced to death n confess in ur fasting mood.
Commit her heart into God's hands that she would forgive u.
*if u oopen a great can of worms and confess the eternal Judge would forgive u
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by doyinisaac(m): 3:34pm On Jan 16, 2016
Valeree:

If the story happened in Nigeria then the story is fake!!!!and if it happened in India I can confirm that the op father is not in India...the op is lying...and in India they can simply do a test that will know the real person that raped the girl...
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 16, 2016
playtheblues:
There's no way the victim would not have appeared in court.

Mind youn the fact that someone is a Naval officer's son does not mean that all his evidence in court will be admissible.

The judge looks at the circumstances of the case to deduce the truth.
yes, but the op is trying to make us understand that this particular case was judged under sentiments in relation to his fathers connection and his confidence over his false testimony, together with his future wife then. this is more of a confession than a story though.
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by anyicash(m): 3:35pm On Jan 16, 2016
It's a fabricated story, the young lad was trying to write a script, anyway it will make a good naija movie.

2 Likes

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by abimbawealth(f): 3:35pm On Jan 16, 2016
O so si mi lenu...
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by adaweezy(m): 3:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
Strahovski:
I don't know where to post but since this is my active section I post here. So mods please move to correct section.

Today someone post about our excuse for our sins if God suddenly comes. That thread made me remember my greatest sin. Like I mentioned on that thread. I have not committed adultery as I'm the most faithful of all time. Neither have I stolen or fornicated. My only sin is a LIE I told to save my friend.

Flashback!!! My friend did something. He actually did it. He raped a 12 year old orphan girl and in our place it's death sentence for a man to rape a woman let alone 12 year old. He was drunk. We went to this party and he drank too much. Both of us were walking to our car so I drive him home then we saw this little girl. Even at 12 she looked 21 so perhaps my friend in his drunkenness over the wine got carried away and went after her. I tried to stop him but u could not. Right he front of me be hurt the little girl and someone caught him ad called it in.

We were both arrested. The person confirmed I was innocent that it's my friend who did it. But my father once worked in the Navy before retirement into private business, so alot of the police and law officials in our town know me very well. So they said I should give testimony in court of what i saw. I looked at my friend this is friend since childhood. This is friend that taught me how to use the swing. This is friend who taught me how to write my first code of programming to which I'm I'm a veteran now in programming. I cannot just throw him out the window. Then I said to my said elf "The devil you know is better than the angel you do not know"

I told the court the woman who saw us lied!!! That it was another man (actually her fiancé) who was with her that committed the crime and she want to protect hin. I said it with authority and confidence even I believed it to be true.

And like I said my father has reputation in the law enforcement so the judge said that based on the reputation of my father n the country (a navy chief) my words do hold water and the court will take it as true. Another lady (my wife now) backed me up. Perhaps she liked me. Said she was also there. That it wasn't my friend.

Long story short, the innocent man who was to marry his woman faced the death sentence just because i lied to protect my friend. My wife lied too (to support me) but she is fine with it. I was even discussing this with hr this morning that I'm feeling guilty now. She said I should forget it that people die everyday. That sometimes people have to be sacrificed to save another. She is just cool like it's nothing but I keep seeing flashes of the woman when she cried and her fiancé was taken away for what he did not do. It's driving me crazy

Please nairaland what do you think is the right thing I do?

No jokes here this is serious.
H
Thanks
Rape is not punishable by death in Nigeria.... Nice story
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by jcross19: 3:37pm On Jan 16, 2016
The op has many monikers to back his fake story up. I just look at the way people are turning up for lies these days.
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by playtheblues(f): 3:37pm On Jan 16, 2016
Don't mind the OP.

Did you read the part where he lied that the person was executed?

Is rape a capital offence? No!

If rape is not a capital offence, why would someone convicted of rape be executed?

Let's even pretend to be as daft as the OP, let's say the High Court convicted him, didn't he go to the Court of Appeal and the Apex Court (Supreme Court)?

Who doesn't know how slow our judicial system is, even when there is a summary trial (known as accelerated hearing in Civil Procedure Law), will three years be enough for the case to go through the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court

Don't forget that when matters are reported to the Police, they first take statements of the complainant/victim/eye witnesses/suspects.

After that the suspect is arraigned in the Magistrate Court, in the instant case the Magistrate will refuse to adjudicate the matter for lack of jurisdiction and will refer the case file to the office of Ministry of Justice, to the appropriate department for advice and this can take up to 5 months, sometimes more before the information is filed and the person is prosecuted, and such prosecution might take up to 2 years before ruling and judgement is read by the Honourable judge of the High Court. The OP alleged that the wrong suspect was executed, executed for what? Is rape a capital offence? He was sentenced to death and he did not appeal?

Did they even call the Medical Doctor from Govt hospital who wrote the Medical report (if any) for expert witness?

OP if I catch you there eh, yeye boy. the Magistrate Court
Gaborone:

Your post gives me hope. Happy others saw through his lies. He thinks one can just grab anyone and throw into a witness box to testify. And yea, he didn't conduct his research properly. He accused an innocent person in a rape suit, and the individual was convicted just like that. Without semen sample, nothing. In a suit (rape/defilement) which is more difficult to prove than murder. Yea, right.

I'm a little amused that innocent peeps are bothering their pretty heads advising him though.

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by undigeh: 3:38pm On Jan 16, 2016
funnynation:
You comitted what is more than murder.. You killed the innocent boy.. You made the lady to suffer heart break.. I swear you should better meet TB Joshua for proper deliverance. This might turn to be generational curse.. Even that your friend safe more than you now.. Your wife is Lucifer.. Personal opinion..
look when did any man of God become a Savior, did he sign against T B Joshua or against God?
Judas sin against God and he went to the priests to confess, did he g the pardon and forgiveness he was looking for?

Don't mislead this man in need of salvation into further eternal destruction, I beg you.

And you too, need repentance and salvation if you idolised any man of God, be it T B Joshua or prophet Elisha.
FunnyNation Comedian coming soon
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by doyinisaac(m): 3:38pm On Jan 16, 2016
Valeree:

yes, but the op is trying to make us understand that this particular case was judged under sentiments in relation to his fathers connection and his confidence over his false testimony, together with his future wife then. this is more of a confession than a story though.
The op father has never lived in India...the op is cooking up stories....and here in Nigeria there is no such law in Nigeria....
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by playtheblues(f): 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2016
There's something called appeal.

A case does not end in one judge's table.

I've shown this to my mum (an Honourable Judge) and she couldn't stop laughing.

The OP is a liar.
Valeree:

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by doyinisaac(m): 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2016
Am dissapointed that many people on Nairaland believe this nollywood script....

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by BreezyRita(f): 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2016
coolsix:

So because i did not join you in saying the story is fake means i vouched for him? Yes, he is yoruba speaking as even i can write a full page in Hindu and Spanish! Does that make me any less of a Nigerian? Yes, the Economy has eaten many of your thinking.

Someone has been on a Nigerian forum since 2014, who invited him to the forum? How did he encounter the person without visiting Nigeria? You Nigerians have this shallow thinking. You feel nobody can be like you. An asian speak yoruba its a big deal. Speak pidgin is a big deal.

Have you seen https://translate.google.com ? Where anybody can speak any language online? Don't let me start with you this afternoon. Me don't take trash from assholes.

Truss me swidy, you do NOT wanna go down there.

There's a difference between believing the story and trying to get someone else to do same. That simply tells us that you're an insider.

And with all your sabi, you mean its impossible to be a NLder without having been to Nigeria?? You're the person the economy has eaten his thinking. Or do you think we're so gullible in Nigeria? That we know nothing about the law process?

If you believe everything, well, that's what you want. But I have a problem with you trying yo bring everyone to your line of thinking.

You sound so exposed and intelligent, yet you can't have an argument without including insults. Just goes to show how matured you are undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Who Collapsed In Owerri Over Hunger Is At It Again, How He Scams People / A Notorious Rapist Was Caught In Yankaba, Kano, This Early Morning In My Area / Housemaid Who Fled With Boss' Car In Lagos Arrested In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.