Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. (40428 Views)

Man Spots Couple He Helped 3 Years Ago Begging On Same Issue / MD Of A Ponzi Scheme In India Hiding In Nigeria For 3 Years Has Been Arrested / Friends Mourn Angel O'Brien Death: "After All I Told You, You Still Continued" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by playtheblues(f): 3:43pm On Jan 16, 2016
Lol
oluwafreshkid:

That part alone nullifies the story!!!
I think though, that instead o programming, write nollywood stories...You'd make a lot.
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by oglalasioux(m): 3:44pm On Jan 16, 2016
This is a great confessional statement. In saner climes this guy can be traced and arrested.

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Kgdavid(m): 3:49pm On Jan 16, 2016
Valeree:

the 12 year old did not appear in court. and his father happens to have worked in the Navy connecting him to some influential persons in the realm before he retired, plus he is the fathers son and girl is an orphan. this is enough to vindicate his lying azz.

Actually these facts appear too convenient to be realistic.

1. He couldn't stop his drunk friend from raping a 12 year old? Hard to see how probable that could be given that drunk people have impaired motor skills, and the girl could have run.

2. Who rapes someone in full view of the public? But even assuming that part is realistic,

3. The person who caught them called the cops; you mean they waited for the cops to come and arrest them at the scene when they had a car and could easily flee?

4. India does have sensible functioning courts and this whole scenario is a joke as far as legal process is concerned

5. Is the OP a Nigerian? Then i fail to see how his father could have served in the Indian navy... and if he is Indian, why telling this story on Nairaland?

6 Likes

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Dyt(f): 3:49pm On Jan 16, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 16, 2016
BreezyRita:

Truss me swidy, you do NOT wanna go down there.

There's a difference between believing the story and trying to get someone else to do same. That simply tells us that you're an insider.

Well, no one is forcing you to believe anything. Just dont rope me into it.

The OP is a partner of mine. You see i said "Call me..." in my first comment. I introduced him to Nairaland. So yes, he is a buddy of mine but you saying i am the friend in regard because i did not say "Fake Story" is what i am against
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by undigeh: 3:53pm On Jan 16, 2016
funnynation:
You comitted what is more than murder.. You killed the innocent boy.. You made the lady to suffer heart break.. I swear you should better meet TB Joshua for proper deliverance. This might turn to be generational curse.. Even that your friend safe more than you now.. Your wife is Lucifer.. Personal opinion..

look when did any man of God become a Savior, did he sign against T B Joshua or against God?
Judas sin against God and he went to the priests to confess, did he g the pardon and forgiveness he was looking for?

Don't mislead this man in need of salvation into further eternal destruction, I beg you.

And you too, need repentance and salvation if you idolised any man of God, be it T B Joshua or prophet Elisha.

FunnyNation Comedian coming soon
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by AJaylee(m): 3:54pm On Jan 16, 2016
Bro, u saved ur friend wasn't d problem, but an innocent man suffered d death is d problem cos of ur greedy act, wat ill ask u is dat, ur friendd who committed such act, I gues he's stil doin fine nw? U better do something before death catch up wit u, cos by all way u. Are stil goin to be responsible for it
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 16, 2016
funnynation:
You comitted what is more than murder.. You killed the innocent boy.. You made the lady to suffer heart break.. I swear you should better meet TB Joshua for proper deliverance. This might turn to be generational curse.. Even that your friend safe more than you now.. Your wife is Lucifer.. Personal opinion..

Exactly.
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by xxxtedyxxx(m): 4:02pm On Jan 16, 2016
Nice home video script bro. Waiting for part 2
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Amiee99(f): 4:02pm On Jan 16, 2016
myfantasies:
Nd ur wife it's OK dat u should forget about it?

Op did you marry a monster, wat kind of a heartless wife did you get married to

If it's her sister dat was raped will she open her mouth nd say dat PEOPLE DIE EVERYDAY, DAT PEOPLE HAVE TO BE SACRIFICED TO SAVE ANOTHER

Nd if it was ur sister would u lie for ur friend?

Op u r heartless, ur wife is heartless

May ur past haunt u forever

Ameeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnn

2 Likes

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by HaneefahRN(f): 4:06pm On Jan 16, 2016
This is super story o
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by joechime(m): 4:06pm On Jan 16, 2016
I don't know where to post but since this is my active section I post here. So mods please move to correct section.

Today someone post about our excuse for our sins if God suddenly comes. That thread made me remember my greatest sin. Like I mentioned on that thread. I have not committed adultery as I'm the most faithful of all time. Neither have I stolen or fornicated. My only sin is a LIE I told to save my friend.

Flashback!!! My friend did something. He actually did it. He raped a 12 year old orphan girl and in our place it's death sentence for a man to rape a woman let alone 12 year old. He was drunk. We went to this party and he drank too much. Both of us were walking to our car so I drive him home then we saw this little girl. Even at 12 she looked 21 so perhaps my friend in his drunkenness over the wine got carried away and went after her. I tried to stop him but u could not. Right he front of me be hurt the little girl and someone caught him ad called it in.

We were both arrested. The person confirmed I was innocent that it's my friend who did it. But my father once worked in the Navy before retirement into private business, so alot of the police and law officials in our town know me very well. So they said I should give testimony in court of what i saw. I looked at my friend this is friend since childhood. This is friend that taught me how to use the swing. This is friend who taught me how to write my first code of programming to which I'm I'm a veteran now in programming. I cannot just throw him out the window. Then I said to my said elf "The devil you know is better than the angel you do not know"

I told the court the woman who saw us lied!!! That it was another man (actually her fiancé) who was with her that committed the crime and she want to protect hin. I said it with authority and confidence even I believed it to be true.

And like I said my father has reputation in the law enforcement so the judge said that based on the reputation of my father n the country (a navy chief) my words do hold water and the court will take it as true. Another lady (my wife now) backed me up. Perhaps she liked me. Said she was also there. That it wasn't my friend.

Long story short, the innocent man who was to marry his woman faced the death sentence just because i lied to protect my friend. My wife lied too (to support me) but she is fine with it. I was even discussing this with hr this morning that I'm feeling guilty now. She said I should forget it that people die everyday. That sometimes people have to be sacrificed to save another. She is just cool like it's nothing but I keep seeing flashes of the woman when she cried and her fiancé was taken away for what he did not do. It's driving me crazy

Please nairaland what do you think is the right thing I do?

No jokes here this is serious.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 16, 2016
funnynation:

you want him to compound his problem by going to T.B Joshua?

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by SirBlack999(m): 4:07pm On Jan 16, 2016
I pray you and your stupid wife have a painful slow death. Idiots, so your foolish thinks the Innocent man is less human?

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 16, 2016
sir. u really need to move closer to God. if d man hasnt been hanged, go to court nd testify, if he has been hanged, well, what else is there to do than forgive urself nd move closer to God. he will forgive u, say, grace has made him forgive u b4 u said u nid 4givness. God wnt punish u, jesus has bn punishd 4 ur sake. stop feeling guilty and swim in Gods love n grace. David killed uriah, buh God still loved him even in d old testament tho he was punishd, we are nw in d new testament where jesus comes with grace,no more punishment, unfair ryt? thats grace. God b with u sir.
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by thunderbabs: 4:10pm On Jan 16, 2016
Well made up story. Plz, wht country did dt happen?
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by SirBlack999(m): 4:10pm On Jan 16, 2016
I don't know where to post but since this is my active section I post here. So mods please move to correct section.

Today someone post about our excuse for our sins if God suddenly comes. That thread made me remember my greatest sin. Like I mentioned on that thread. I have not committed adultery as I'm the most faithful of all time. Neither have I stolen or fornicated. My only sin is a LIE I told to save my friend.

Flashback!!! My friend did something. He actually did it. He raped a 12 year old orphan girl and in our place it's death sentence for a man to rape a woman let alone 12 year old. He was drunk. We went to this party and he drank too much. Both of us were walking to our car so I drive him home then we saw this little girl. Even at 12 she looked 21 so perhaps my friend in his drunkenness over the wine got carried away and went after her. I tried to stop him but u could not. Right he front of me be hurt the little girl and someone caught him ad called it in.

We were both arrested. The person confirmed I was innocent that it's my friend who did it. But my father once worked in the Navy before retirement into private business, so alot of the police and law officials in our town know me very well. So they said I should give testimony in court of what i saw. I looked at my friend this is friend since childhood. This is friend that taught me how to use the swing. This is friend who taught me how to write my first code of programming to which I'm I'm a veteran now in programming. I cannot just throw him out the window. Then I said to my said elf "The devil you know is better than the angel you do not know"

I told the court the woman who saw us lied!!! That it was another man (actually her fiancé) who was with her that committed the crime and she want to protect hin. I said it with authority and confidence even I believed it to be true.

And like I said my father has reputation in the law enforcement so the judge said that based on the reputation of my father n the country (a navy chief) my words do hold water and the court will take it as true. Another lady (my wife now) backed me up. Perhaps she liked me. Said she was also there. That it wasn't my friend.

Long story short, the innocent man who was to marry his woman faced the death sentence just because i lied to protect my friend. My wife lied too (to support me) but she is fine with it. I was even discussing this with hr this morning that I'm feeling guilty now. She said I should forget it that people die everyday. That sometimes people have to be sacrificed to save another. She is just cool like it's nothing but I keep seeing flashes of the woman when she cried and her fiancé was taken away for what he did not do. It's driving me crazy

Thanks
after confessing, you and your wife MUST die. Nothing can be done about it, Fvcker for life!
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
ur wife reminds me of jezebel. if it werent 4 her, ahab wudnt av been cursed that was. u nid to take ur wife for deliverance. shes cold.
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by ojac1: 4:11pm On Jan 16, 2016

Thanks
kai, I don't even know wheree to start.
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 16, 2016
playtheblues:
Don't mind the OP.

Did you read the part where he lied that the person was executed?

Is rape a capital offence? No!

If rape is not a capital offence, why would someone convicted of rape be executed?

Let's even pretend to be as daft as the OP, let's say the High Court convicted him, didn't he go to the Court of Appeal and the Apex Court (Supreme Court)?

Who doesn't know how slow our judicial system is, even when there is a summary trial (known as accelerated hearing in Civil Procedure Law), will three years be enough for the case to go through the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court

Don't forget that when matters are reported to the Police, they first take statements of the complainant/victim/eye witnesses/suspects.

After that the suspect is arraigned in the Magistrate Court, in the instant case the Magistrate will refuse to adjudicate the matter for lack of jurisdiction and will refer the case file to the office of Ministry of Justice, to the appropriate department for advice and this can take up to 5 months, sometimes more before the information is filed and the person is prosecuted, and such prosecution might take up to 2 years before ruling and judgement is read by the Honourable judge of the High Court. The OP alleged that the wrong suspect was executed, executed for what? Is rape a capital offence? He was sentenced to death and he did not appeal?

Did they even call the Medical Doctor from Govt hospital who wrote the Medical report (if any) for expert witness?

OP if I catch you there eh, yeye boy. the Magistrate Court

Lol...don't mind him. I saw the part where he talked about execution. That was one thing that botched his attempt at lying.

Your post is spot on.

This original post is very typical of Nairaland though: fiction presented as non-fiction, so, im not really surprised.

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by fart: 4:13pm On Jan 16, 2016
I HOPE YOU TURN MAD. IDIOT angry

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Wisdomkosi(m): 4:13pm On Jan 16, 2016
This happened in Nigeria or India? Because in Nigeria a rapist will be sentenced to, I think 7 years imprisonment and not death. So my guy, we don wise up
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Akinife(m): 4:24pm On Jan 16, 2016

Thanks

In as much as I want to believe your story... Am tempted to believe otherwise for the following reasons.
Firstly, when a person is arrested for a crime all those concern are meant to write a statement. It Is from this statements that the police or law enforcement officer begins to filter to determine corroboration or discrepancy and as such can tell who is lieing from who is saying the truth!
So my question is: at what point did you decide to help your friend: was it before you all wrote the statement or in court.
Becos if you are the only odd person out of a statement of 4 persons,; (you, your friend, the victim the woman that caught u guys).. The officer can easily know its not true.
Secondly; in law, anyone who is not a direct witness to a case at hand can not give evidence as to the existence or non existence of a case....in this case your wifes evidence can not stand in court...
Thirdly; an advanced country like India would have relied more on DNA in the determination of a sensitive issue like this.
Fourthly; the testimony of a victime if it is corroborated by a direct witness is usually taken seriously...this means if the woman that caught u guys can corroborate the story of the victims...it will have more impart than your wife or ur friend's testimony.
So u see why I am finding it hard to believe... Except u mean to tell us that by "your fathers influence " you meant that he bribed the officer in charge to change the case in your favor cos as it seems you are also a party to the crime!

But on the other way round, let's say its true everything you just said: then I will advice you to seek peace with your self and God by doing the right thing....cos I believe a person will not be put to death without him first exhausting all his appeals... I believe there is still time to do the right thing.
As for your wife...just be careful...if she can lie for u then she can do same against you! Thank you!
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by playtheblues(f): 4:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
Thanks.
Gaborone:

Lol...don't mind him. I saw the part where he talked about execution. That was one thing that botched his attempt at lying.

Your post is spot on.

This original post is very typical of Nairaland though: fiction presented a non-fiction, so, im not really surprised.

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by segzy0i(m): 4:26pm On Jan 16, 2016
Hmmmmm its a very dicey situation but I. Suggest u go 2 ur pastor and confess 2 him he wl guide u on ao 2 go abt it
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by vislabraye(m): 4:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
myfantasies:
Nd ur wife it's OK dat u should forget about it?

Op did you marry a monster, wat kind of heartless wife did you get married to

If it's her sister dat was raped will she open her mouth nd say dat PEOPLE DIE EVERYDAY, DAT PEOPLE HAVE TO BE SACRIFICED TO SAVE ANOTHER

Nd if it was ur sister would u lie for ur friend?

Op u r heartless, ur wife is heartless

May ur past haunt u forever

You can say that again. The Op should be wary of his wife. One day she go do am strong thing.

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Oteebaba(m): 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2016
Pls m sorry I must say u re dumb cos wat wer u luking at wen ur friend was abt to rape her. U shud ve restrained him. Well d deed has been done. Go correct ur wrong cos for ur sake and d sake of ur child cos karma wl surely take its toll. And ur wife pls be careful she's too cold. I can't imagine knowing her. PLS SIR CORRECT UR WRONG
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by myfantasies(f): 4:37pm On Jan 16, 2016
vislabraye:

You can say that again. The Op should be wary of his wife. One day she go do am strong thing.
She don start to do him strong thing already

2 Likes

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by Lobolintin(m): 4:41pm On Jan 16, 2016
I don dey fear u oooooo

Make God no allow us see rubbish or dey wia rubbish dey happen
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by sheilak: 4:43pm On Jan 16, 2016

Thanks

Your daughters are going to experience worse. Keep searching for opinions.
undecided

ode!

1 Like

Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by dubemivan(m): 4:43pm On Jan 16, 2016
funnynation:
Re: A Lie I Told 3 Years Ago Is Starting To Hunt Me. by uvalued(m): 4:44pm On Jan 16, 2016
this is really hard... hope you find the courage to do the needful undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kill A Python, Go To Jail, Zoo Manager Warn Nigerians / Burial Of Kolade Johnson Who Was Killed By SARS (Photos) / Bees "Arrest" Ugandan Thief With Help Of A Voodoo Priest (Graphic Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.