Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Is Marriage Proposal Necessary? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Marriage Proposal Necessary? (660 Views)

Lady Who Turned Down Boyfriend’s Marriage Proposal On Her Birthday Writes / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend At A Fast Food Restaurant / She Has Helped Me A Lot But All She Wants Is Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marriage Proposal Necessary? by laidian(m): 2:10pm On Jan 16, 2016
So I got into an argument with a friend the other day about if its necessary for a Guy to formally propose to his lady. He thinks its not. That when you are courting a lady, and you two are already making plans for the future together, and having marriage talks, there is no need for the dramatic get down on one knee and say WILL YOU MARRY ME?

Guys do you agree with this?

Ladies won't you mind?
Re: Is Marriage Proposal Necessary? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 16, 2016
Is that even a question? How will I know we're finally making it official if you don't propose?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Proposal Necessary? by donbenedict(m): 2:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
The intentions has to be stated!

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Proposal Necessary? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 16, 2016
I usually think of it too. If proposal has to be formal, it means u were just close friends and no matter d plan u had 2gether, if he says he's nt interested anymore, u shdnt be offended.
Re: Is Marriage Proposal Necessary? by ucheHapers(m): 2:21pm On Jan 16, 2016
I'm not going to kneel after buying her a diamond ring...she either straps it on or I pass it to my next chic...
Re: Is Marriage Proposal Necessary? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 16, 2016
The proposal is part of the courtship...Its not like u tell ur gf to go dress up coz u will get marry today angry

Its not necessarily u have to kneel down to propose, u can sit down f u want or lay down maybe if ur jerk enough to ask her for marriage...

Any position wud do.
Re: Is Marriage Proposal Necessary? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
if its all the nonsense stunt that people pull in the name of proposal, that is totally not necessary angry angry. Besides, if you've dated a sane girl , after some time, you both know wedding bells would start ringing.
Re: Is Marriage Proposal Necessary? by jmoore(m): 3:17pm On Jan 16, 2016
Nope, the marriage proposal is not necessary.
Re: Is Marriage Proposal Necessary? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 16, 2016
I watches one ystday d guy was crying proposing shocked

D girl started crying too cry

I was confused life is relative sum proposed nd are divorced sum didnt even propose now dey are happily married please d two hearts matters not d ring or proposal are u truly ready to b with d person for ever no matter wat happens?
Re: Is Marriage Proposal Necessary? by dreemz: 3:51pm On Jan 16, 2016
Only if you choose not to marry.
Re: Is Marriage Proposal Necessary? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 16, 2016
Suigeneris93:
Is that even a question? How will I know we're finally making it official if you don't propose?? undecided
Ding Ding Ding,we have a winner.This Op,but he can chose how to propose, he doesn't necessarily need to get down on one knee.He just needs to make sure he asks/makes it known they are gon marry now.
donbenedict:
The intentions has to be stated!
You hit the jackpot today Op two good answers one after another.

2 Likes

Re: Is Marriage Proposal Necessary? by laidian(m): 9:12pm On Jan 16, 2016
QueenValerie:
Ding Ding Ding,we have a winner.This Op,but he can chose how to propose, he doesn't necessarily need to get down on one knee.He just needs to make sure he asks/makes it known they are gon marry now.
You hit the jackpot today Op two good answers one after another.

Lol

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Love Is Having Things In Common. / Ladies Please Come In. / This Is For Some Ladies... Beware!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.