Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

My Experience Today With Military As I Wore Carmoflag Shorts To Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience Today With Military As I Wore Carmoflag Shorts To Market (1349 Views)

Innocent Chukwuma Flown To Lagos In Shorts / Dangote Rice Coming To Market At Cheap Price / My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Today With Military As I Wore Carmoflag Shorts To Market by Princenady(m): 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2016
I don't know the right section to post this, the mods should help me send it to the right section.

I had a call in the morning from my customer to deliver some products to him. Today being saturday and I didnt plan going out but was motivated by the unexpected sales. I picked my black polo top and wore it on my brown carmoflag combat shorts. went to Onitsha market to get to products and as I passed Emeka Offor gate, I saw military van parked opposite the gate. A strong faced black soldier came from the van, signaled me to come and the following conversation went between us

Soldier: heey you!!! come, come (signalling and pointing at me)
me:me? (pointing at my self)
Soldier: yes
mesadthinking it was because of the goods i was carrying, no need to fear as I get my papers. i walked majestically to the soldiers)
Soldier: eh eh, which army you belong to?
me: me? no army o?
Soldier: but you are wearing our uniform, why?
me: oga, this no be your uniform o("make this boys no pull my shorts cos e go be big casting for me o", I thought in my mind because I have a lot of friends and fans around there who were already watching)
Soldiersadsignalled his colleague and drew closer to me and asked his colleague who is more mean looking) this guy shorts and my uniform no be the same?
me: Oga, ur uniform na green o, as u be Nigerian Army, my own no get colour as I be civilian.
Soldier colleague:which country army uniform u wear nah?
solder: because u wear army cloth, which country army u dey work for?
Me: walahi, Oga me na confirm bloody civilian. I no dey fear to wear army cloth? Na una be confirm army people nah...
all the soldiers in the hilux just burst into laughter
Soldier:oya dey go
me:make i dey go?
soldier:yes
me: thank u sir

as i left, one okada man just looked at me, laughed and said "e be like say u dey pay ur tithe well well, God don save u today". i just laughed and walked fast before they change their mind.

This experience made me to believe that our military is not as wicked as I thought but may be manner of approach that brings about the harsh treatment atimes.

All the same I thank God as he gave me the favour to overcome the situation.

dont mind my typo and grammer as i type from a nokia torch and am not a professional writer.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With Military As I Wore Carmoflag Shorts To Market by RoyalBlak007: 5:20pm On Jan 16, 2016
Na God save you....dem for beat yu pass drum
Re: My Experience Today With Military As I Wore Carmoflag Shorts To Market by Princenady(m): 5:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
RoyalBlak007:
Na God save you....dem for beat yu pass drum

My brother, join me to thank God o
Re: My Experience Today With Military As I Wore Carmoflag Shorts To Market by ehis010(m): 5:27pm On Jan 16, 2016
u gt luck, na d gud 1ce u jam
Re: My Experience Today With Military As I Wore Carmoflag Shorts To Market by Khd95(m): 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
Op,ur lie sev dey wear khaki,the regulara soldier i no would ve removed all ur front teeth,ask u to sit in d dirty guttersad

how dare u tell army u nor dey fear to wear khaki becos u be bloody civilian

Kaai dis guy lie fit cut person nairabet ticket todaygringrin
Re: My Experience Today With Military As I Wore Carmoflag Shorts To Market by tempem: 5:33pm On Jan 16, 2016
Soldiers? Hmm!!!
This kinda lie is first class...
Re: My Experience Today With Military As I Wore Carmoflag Shorts To Market by Obinovictor(m): 5:42pm On Jan 16, 2016
I for like join your Thanksgiving train tomorrow for your church

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With Military As I Wore Carmoflag Shorts To Market by Princenady(m): 5:44pm On Jan 16, 2016
I know that an average Nigerian and nairalander thinks that army is wicked and harsh. That is why some may not believe in the experience i just wrote. I used to believe same but my experience today made me think otherwise. Whether u accept my story as true or not. The fact is that God favoured me and I just thank him.
Re: My Experience Today With Military As I Wore Carmoflag Shorts To Market by jopretty(f): 6:07pm On Jan 16, 2016
Manner of approach matters. It can save you or throw you into a deeper mess? I once had an encounter with soldiers. I was traveling one rainy day and as per one who likes sitting by the window side, my glass was wound-up. On reaching the military checkpoint, the driver wound-down. I was carried away and didnt realise a soldier was close and started winding up. The following convo took place
Soldier: my friend come out now!!
Me sadrealising my mistake) oga no vex.
Soldier: so you think say you better pass us wey stand for this heavy rain.
Me :ahhh oga no be so, i no well and as the rain touch me, cold start
abeg no vex, who i be to think say i better pass una?
Soldier : God save you today, how e dey do you, typhoid abi na malaria?
Me :oga na iba ooo(almost crying)
Soldier :oya driver move this car now!!!!
That was how i saved myself from trouble that day oo.One of the passengers sitting behind asked if i was an actress and i said "if you fall for this kind trouble, you must find solution na"

1 Like

Re: My Experience Today With Military As I Wore Carmoflag Shorts To Market by damselchinny: 6:23pm On Jan 16, 2016
U for buy Job tire even if u see their uniform were them wash am spread u go think na army Man...hhahahahaha
Re: My Experience Today With Military As I Wore Carmoflag Shorts To Market by sulmeza(m): 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
Na linus be your first name...bloody civilian indeed
Re: My Experience Today With Military As I Wore Carmoflag Shorts To Market by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 16, 2016
Stupid soldiers..... The day I'll have a confrontation with them, I'll make sure I have that persons badge.... that person ill make sure will loose that job.... I can bet on that..... cowards...

(1) (Reply)

Mmm Scam Is About To Hit!!! Sec Warns Investors On Activities Of Mmm Nigeria / Fiverr Payment Needed... Please Come In. / Meet 100% Made In Nigeria Furnitures (foreign Standard) Sponsored By Nexim Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.