Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) (61340 Views)

Nasir Yammama: The Founder Of Verdant: The Farmer's Mobile Companion / What This Farmer's Farm Produces Will Shock You (photos) / Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by donbenedict(m): 2:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
ALEXIS0240:
with the high prevalence of lassa fever... This one no be meat o...
oh mehn, d lassa fever virus wey dey inside dat ancestorial rat fit wipe out Africa ooo
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by prettykatty(f): 2:12pm On Jan 17, 2016
hmmm.is very big
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by supereagle(m): 2:13pm On Jan 17, 2016
back soon
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by EMriss(m): 2:29pm On Jan 17, 2016
Dats a cross breed....rabbit and kangaroo grin
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by Asiri1991: 2:41pm On Jan 17, 2016
Only in the North. Ekiti may house something similar.
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by prof800(m): 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2016
This looks like an aardvark. undecided

1 Like

Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by BomboyOnline: 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by NemzySeries(m): 3:07pm On Jan 17, 2016
Wao....dis must & d alaafin of d rat kingdom.....no wonder her followers are spreading lassa fever all ova africa
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 17, 2016
espionagesavvy:
That's a hare

Sorry folks that followed me blindly, that's no hare that's an Aardvark, found out after rigorous research..
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
ubecharles:
. A Hare without hairs(furs)?

That's an Aardvark, case cracked and solved..
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by makzeze: 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2016
NemzySeries:
Wao....dis must & d alaafin of d rat kingdom.....no wonder her followers are spread lassa fever
nna, this your english sef
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by lakesidetsnl(m): 3:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
Hope the man won't use it for suya
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by vislabraye(m): 3:52pm On Jan 17, 2016
donbenedict:
shocked

Is that an ancestor of rats?

It's a rodent. Have you watched ninja turtles ? It's the brother of the sensei.
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by supereagle(m): 4:07pm On Jan 17, 2016
Asiri1991:
Only in the North. Ekiti may house something similar.
We kill it in ILARO ,Ogun State. We call it Ekulu.
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by suzzy16(f): 4:07pm On Jan 17, 2016
LastMumu:
That animals is the father of all illassa fever. angry

Nigeria police in conjucsion with Nigeria army should go and shot two of them to dead! angry
lol
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by Franky9584(m): 4:08pm On Jan 17, 2016
haha, abeg tel d man say na setup o(lassa fever). wetin he no catch for long y now?
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by HolyMalaam: 4:17pm On Jan 17, 2016
I think it's a mini kangaroo
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by ekojoe(m): 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2016
LastMumu:

Nigeria police in conjucsion with Nigeria army should go and shot two of them to dead! angry

i swear... you be comedian grin
LastMumu:

i swear... you be comedian
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by tomiobj(m): 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
Addicted2Women:
This is an aardvark.
the animal in the pics u uploaded is different from d one d op posted. It is hairy and has a long nose according to your pic but not to the op's
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by EMriss(m): 5:00pm On Jan 17, 2016
makzeze:
na yoruba man naw...no insult intended#
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by NemzySeries(m): 5:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
makzeze:
No fear....na carpenter construct am 4 me

1 Like

Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
SirJeffry:
He should send that to a zoo immediately, such animals are rare to see.

But I'm sure abo-ki has other plans though
.undecided

Notice, that the animal was caught and kept secured alive with a rope; unlike similar incidences down south when such animal would have been instantly killed and butchered with onlookers cheering and saying things like: see better meat, food is ready come chop.
In this case, you can clearly see that the animal is in no immediate danger by the absence of slaughter weapons e.g. machete, cutlass or knife near the vicinity of the amused farmer who allegedly caught it.
Besides, such an animal will not be considered halal i.e. permissible to eat in the Muslim north - though that may not preclude him from selling it off to anyone (e.g. you meat crazy southerners) who may want to consume it.

4 Likes

Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by Pdizzle(m): 5:52pm On Jan 17, 2016
Only God knows how they get that big feeding on ants.
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by Addicted2Women: 5:53pm On Jan 17, 2016
tomiobj:
the animal in the pics u uploaded is different from d one d op posted. It is hairy and has a long nose according to your pic but not to the op's

It's the same animal in the picture.
The picture is blurry.
Can you see that guy's face ?? No.
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by peterbello(m): 6:13pm On Jan 17, 2016
Addicted2Women:
This is an aardvark.

Correct! That animal that is always after an ant in Pink Panther cartoons.
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
Dat na the oga of lassa fever ooo
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by Iamlordgee(m): 8:34pm On Jan 17, 2016
That is kangaroo rat. I was tought today.. It has a long henles loop.. If you know what i mean
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by otswag(m): 8:35pm On Jan 17, 2016
Addicted2Women:
This is an aardvark.
"claps". U sabi book
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by Baroba(m): 8:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

Notice, that the animal was caught and kept secured alive with a rope; unlike similar incidences down south when such animal would have been instantly killed and butchered with onlookers cheering and saying things like: see better meat, food is ready come chop.
In this case, you can clearly see that the animal is in no immediate danger by the absence of slaughter weapons e.g. machete, cutlass or knife near the vicinity of the amused farmer who allegedly caught it.
Besides, such an animal will not be considered halal i.e. permissible to eat in the Muslim north - though that may not preclude him from selling it off to anyone (e.g. you meat crazy southerners) who may want to consume it.

Good point, the northerners seem to respect wildlife than Southerners.. My observation.
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by CEOMilkyway(m): 9:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
I think a kangaroo and a rat has to answer some questions.
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by Mekurexx: 9:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
Lol hope the poor animal wasnt killed
Re: See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) by datigbogirl: 10:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
SirJeffry:
He should send that to a zoo immediately, such animals are rare to see.

But I'm sure abo-ki has other plans though.undecided

Orisirisi eran ko...Oluwatobiloba!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Sell Pure Honey, Contact Us / Python Killed After Swallowing Three Chickens in Their Cage (pics) / Ecdysis: The Shedded Snake Skin I Found On My Farm With A Prominent Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.