Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC (79723 Views)

Names Of 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria Released By NUC - Full List / List Of Illegal Universities In Nigeria By NUC 2017 / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by bababuff(m): 8:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
I am disappointed with UNICAL position. I weep for them cry
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by Maryojoma(f): 8:50pm On Jan 17, 2016
Unilag alwas on top.... btw KSU ayingba go dey 58 naaaaaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by AyoolaIgwe(m): 8:51pm On Jan 17, 2016
Basic123:
.....Do you know professor hezekiah Oluwasanmi and professor Oladele Ajose were just professors at University of ibadan college of medicine?...Those are OAU pioneering VCs

lolzzzzz... ur argument is ridden in fallacy. U are inferring from ur line of argument dat d quality of a university is a function of how long it has been in existence. I beg to disagree. If ur assertion is tenable then UI should have remained perpetually d best school on d rankings from credible institutions like WEBOMETRICS & NUC.
>>It is imperative to state dat UI was established 1948 whereas, OAU came into existence in 1962. It was therefore normal for doz who had been around for a while to contribute to d school's development.
>>U may check WEBOMETRICS & NUC rankings for d past 5yrs and see d ratings.
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by Elose11(m): 8:52pm On Jan 17, 2016
authenticjimmy:
Can someone help... I culd nt find UniAbuja in d list.
UniAbuja is in 61
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by heymorce: 8:57pm On Jan 17, 2016
whether you like it or not, LAUTECH is the best. if you agree hit like, if you disagree hit share. INTIMIDATION WE CONDOLE NOT!

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by PaulJohn1: 8:58pm On Jan 17, 2016
vascey:

Thanks man. Higher institutions are not ranked based on infrastructures alone. Tenure for professors, publications, affiliations with other great schools, even the clout of their alumni etc. While I agree that CU graduates are very good products (considering those I have worked with), there are certain areas where only time and focus can get the school to. Take for instance funding, this year alone the federal ministry of health, per the budget, plans to expend 8.5bn naira in UNN teaching hospital. That is a a lot of money and not an amount most private universities can contend with. This amount should be for training, tenure, sponsorships, salaries, infrastructure of just the college of medicine. When other factors are also taken into consideration, you would realize that the basis for ranking may not have factored in a lot.

I definitely don't know more than the NUC. But for the sake of transparency, it would be great if the basis of assessment is also made public.

FYI, I'm not a graduate or student of UNN.

http://www.budgetoffice.gov.ng/pdfs/2016pro/HEALTH%20.pdf

Thanks for the information with a source provided. I rated them high not for infrastructures, because they don't even have nice structures when compared to the likes of OAU and to an extent Uniben.

Please note that huge budget doesn't translate to effective usage, which is the case of most of the government owned institutions. Federal universities (especially those of first generation) have always gotten the highest portion of the budget for education, but huge percentage of it ends up in the account of the top ranking officials of these schools. Which is a different case in most privately run businesses, where accountability is not joked with. This however doesn't mean those private schools ain't got enough, especially those affiliated with populated religious establishment. Where members are asked to pay some dues for running of these schools despite the huge tuition fee they charge their students. lol.

Some other points you made are other reasons I said the school is lagging, and why they have not been rated above the few Fed universities they trail.

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by Duru009(m): 9:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
UNIBEN should be topping dat list........

UNIBEN aka UNIBEST
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by HeavenShield: 9:16pm On Jan 17, 2016
This list is FAKE!!!yes I said FAKE!!!. Person sidon for office dey rate university, HOW? When they NUC go to visit these universities they come back with FAT BROWN ENVELOPE, only God knows what is inside. How will they give correct Ratings. **please take my university upthere**
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by Walelavender(m): 9:21pm On Jan 17, 2016
anigbajumo:

Hun?? Oga we dnt deserve that spot.
How do you mean? We should be ranked like 99th right? What's so unique about those trailing us?
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by Walelavender(m): 9:22pm On Jan 17, 2016
anigbajumo:

Hun?? Oga we dnt deserve that spot.
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by anigbajumo(m): 9:23pm On Jan 17, 2016
Walelavender:

How do you mean? We should be ranked like 99th right? What's so unique about those trailing us?

Scroll up and view my comments....
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by nickxtra(m): 9:33pm On Jan 17, 2016
So even University of Abuja is in the 61st position. Unbelievable. I thought it will not even be ranked.
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by to9ine: 9:33pm On Jan 17, 2016
This ranking was done in 2013..no longer valid

1 Share

Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by freddaboh(m): 9:34pm On Jan 17, 2016
Proudly an ABUsite.
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by vascey(m): 9:42pm On Jan 17, 2016
PaulJohn1:

Thanks for the information with a source provided. I rated them high not for infrastructures, because they don't even have nice structures when compared to the likes of OAU and to an extent Uniben.

Please note that huge budget doesn't translate to effective usage, which is the case of most of the government owned institutions. Federal universities (especially those of first generation) have always gotten the highest portion of the budget for education, but huge percentage of it ends up in the account of the top ranking officials of these schools. Which is a different case in most privately run businesses, where accountability is not joked with. This however doesn't mean those private schools ain't got enough, especially those affiliated with populated religious establishment. Where members are asked to pay some dues for running of these schools despite the huge tuition fee they charge their students. lol.

Some other points you made are other reasons I said the school is lagging, and why they have not been rated above the few Fed universities they trail.

Nice one JP. I think we are basically on the same page. You mentioned, though, that you didn't rate them high because of infrastructure; care to discuss why you rated them high? Just curious cos I've not been to any private school. I totally agree with you when it comes to accountability and mission running schools. A classical example is the impact of mission in anambra public schools since management was handed back to them. Phenomenal! Yet, budget vs actual is a standard problem or issue world over. While I cannot categorically claim they mismanage their funds, I can assign a margin of difference/error to expected results vs budgeted results. Association of certified fraud examiners claim the average cost of fraud per organization is 5% of revenue of allocation in this case. If you take away 5% from 8.5bn, the balance is still a tall order. That's just one aspect still. Anyway, I'm happy to know that CU and other private universities are pulling their weight. I'm sure school calendars, cultism etc are also considered and the likes of CU would rank tops in such aspects due to their zero tolerance.

Thanks for your response.

Cheers
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 17, 2016
The 20 best Polytechnic ranking is listed below.
1 Yabatech
2. Nekede poly
3. Ibadan
4. Auchi poly
5. Laspotech
6. Osun poly iree
7. Fed poly ilaro
8. imo poly
9. Oko poly
10. Kaduna poly
11 Rufus giwa poly
12 Kwara poly
13 Federal poly bida
14. Federal poly ado
15 Federal poly ede
16 Offa poly
17. Kogi state poly
18. Rufus giwa poly
19. Fed poly nassarawa
20. Delta State poly
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by psammyCUTE(m): 10:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
I Rep The Prestigious University Of Lagos..... #TheSchoolOfFirstChoice #THENATION'SPRIDE In Deed And In Truth!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by Collins87: 10:26pm On Jan 17, 2016
Where I graduated is number 20.
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by maxwell767(m): 10:33pm On Jan 17, 2016
dammy13:
Two days ago a post was published about university of ibadan ranked as the best university in Nigeria. https://www.nairaland.com/2867673/nuc-ranks-university-ibadan-best

Today I will be publishing the full list of the recent NUC ranking.

Check out the full list below:

1. University of Ibadan, UI
2. University of Lagos, Unilag
3. University of Benin, Uniben
4. Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU
5. Ahmadu Bello University, Abu
6. University of Ilorin, Unilorin
7. University of Jos, Unijos
8. University of Port Harcourt, Uniport
9. University of Maiduguri, Unimaid
10. University of Agriculture, Abeokuta,
11. Lagos State University, Lasu
12. Federal University of Technology, Futo
13. Covenant University, CU
14. University of Nigeria, UNN
15. Federal University of Technology, Futa
16. Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Unizik
17. Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Esut
18. Pan African University
19. Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, lautech
20. Modibbo Adama University of Technology
21. African University of Science and Technology
22. University of Uyo, Uniuyo
23. Bayero University Kano, Buk
24. Ambrose Alli University, AAU
25. Redeemer’s University,
26. Babcock University
27. Federal University of Technology,
28. University of Calabar, Unical
29. Michael Okpara University of Agriculture,
30. Ajayi Crowther University
31. Bowen University
32. Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Rsust
33. Lead City University
34. Crawford University
35. Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, ATBU
36. Abia State University, Absu
37. Usmanu Danfodio University,
38. Igbinedion University
39. Imo State University, Imsu
40. Niger Delta University
41. Bells University of Technology
42. Kwara State University
43. Nasarawa State University
44. Caleb University
45. Obong University Obong
46. Adekunle Ajasin University
47. Ekiti State University,
48. American University of Nigeria
49. Joseph Ayo Babalola University
50. Veritas University Abuja
51. Afe Babalola University
52. Kaduna State University Kaduna
53. Osun State University Oshogbo …
54. Umaru Musa Yar’Adua University Katsina
55. Federal University, Ndufu-Alike Ndufu-Alike
56. Salem University Lokoja
57. Novena University Ogume
58. Achievers University, Owo Owo
59. Benson Idahosa University Benin City
60. Ebonyi State University Abakaliki
61. University of Abuja Abuja
62. University of Mkar Mkar
63. Madonna University Okija
64. Bingham University Auta Balifi
65. Plateau State University Bokkos
66. Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun
67. Federal University, Dutse Dutse
68. Nigerian Turkish Nile University Abuja
69. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University Lapai
70. Landmark University Omu-Aran
71. Delta State University, Abraka Abraka
72. University of Agriculture, Makurdi Makurdi
73. Renaissance University Enugu
74. Federal University, Otuoke Otuoke
75. Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu-Ode
76. Federal University, Oye-Ekiti Oye …
77. Kano State University of Technology Wudil
78. Tansian University Umunya …
79. Akwa Ibom State University Uyo
80. Baze University Abuja
81. Kebbi State University of Science and Technology Aliero
82. Benue State University Makurdi
83. Adeleke University Ede
84. Ondo State University of Science & Technology Okitipupa
85. Kogi State University Anyigba
86. Western Delta University Oghara
87. Federal University, Wukari Wukari
88. Paul University Awka
89. Caritas University Enugu
90. Federal University, Lafia Lafia
91. Cross River University of Science &
Technology Calabar
92. Fountain University Oshogbo
93. Al-Hikmah University Ilorin
94. Godfrey Okoye University Ugwuomu-Nike
95. Oduduwa University Ile Ife
96. Anambra State University Uli
97. Olabisi Onabanjo University Ago Iwoye
98. Federal University, Lokoja Lokoja
99. Federal University, Kashere Kashere
100. Rhema University Obeama-Asa

http://lazyreporta.com/nuc-announces-overall-best-university-in-nigeria/

Lalasticlala ishilove
. All this universities yet, admission is difficult..... Smh sad sad
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by engrjacuzzi: 10:34pm On Jan 17, 2016
how many universities dey osun state? the list dey uncountable
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by olupapparazy(m): 10:56pm On Jan 17, 2016
cycline404:
Ilorin number 6 ke>?
dey are mad ni?mtchew
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by Tbamo(m): 11:01pm On Jan 17, 2016
kevoh:
That moment when you graduate with a 1st class from U.I(1st) and after 5 years of joblessness managed to get a job of 47k and the person with a 2:2 from OOU(97th) got a job of 200k immediately after NYSC.

Meaning: Only effect these rankings have is for graduates in every annual top 10 ranking to console themselves. When you get to the job market, it's all man for himself!

I'm yet to meet a UI first class grad without a job! I fact the worst c scenario is to take the statutory university offer!

UI students are above all In nigeria!
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by XaintJoel20: 11:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
Proudly Unibest...Uniben will always rise head and shoulder above it contemporaries...
I rep Uniben.. My Alma Mater...
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by PaulJohn1: 11:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
vascey:

Nice one JP. I think we are basically on the same page. You mentioned, though, that you didn't rate them high because of infrastructure; care to discuss why you rated them high? Just curious cos I've not been to any private school. I totally agree with you when it comes to accountability and mission running schools. A classical example is the impact of mission in anambra public schools since management was handed back to them. Phenomenal! Yet, budget vs actual is a standard problem or issue world over. While I cannot categorically claim they mismanage their funds, I can assign a margin of difference/error to expected results vs budgeted results. Association of certified fraud examiners claim the average cost of fraud per organization is 5% of revenue of allocation in this case. If you take away 5% from 8.5bn, the balance is still a tall order. That's just one aspect still. Anyway, I'm happy to know that CU and other private universities are pulling their weight. I'm sure school calendars, cultism etc are also considered and the likes of CU would rank tops in such aspects due to their zero tolerance.

Thanks for your response.

Cheers

You're welcome bro.
As regard why I rated them high, and probably some of the factors the NUC couldn't ignore, to have rated CU high against the expectation of many like yourself, who have little or no idea about how few outstanding private universities operate, like CU. I will make two points, and I hope they will be good enough.

-Student-Lecturer ratio/relationship
I don't think there is much to be said on this, because I believe we all know there is no consideration for such by any of our Federal schools. This is well considered in some Nigerian privates schools like covenant. If you've had the time to visit some colleges/universities in Western Europe or The North America, believe me it's not too different from how few private schools in Nigeria are managed. I was discussing with now a final year law student in OAU while I was in Nigeria, she told me they are about 200 or so students in her class shocked . I doubt if there is any of these private schools that has up to 50 students in a class, which is still below standard anyways, but reasonable when compared to federal schools.
And note this, not that some of these schools are not patronised, which made it look like they are following standard regulations. No, CU reject thousands of students ever year. I doubt if there is any chance for applicants without CU as first choice during admission.
As for the student-lecturer relationship, there is nothing to say that you don't know.

-Getting what they want
I'm not sure of the best heading to give this, but I hope you will get my point. CU gets whoever lecturer/personality they need.
Well... I'm don't know how they manage to do this, but they actually do. They have visiting lecturers for renowned institutions outside Nigeria, which many of our Fed. institutions don't really care about. I also never thought it matters until recently.

I'm into architecture and I'll use this department as an example. There is this old prof, who architects in Nigeria refer to as the father of architecture, because he was the first Nigerian to become a prof in architecture. He laid the foundation of department of architecture in Abu(Zaria), which made Zaira the #1 school of architecture at a time. He moved to Futa and made the department of architecture in that school one of the top schools to study architecture in Nigeria. About four years ago, I learnt this man moved to CU. whoever thought he'ld leave fed establishment for a private university. His presence in CU shot the school to either #1 or #2 school of architecture in Nigeria today.
There is this International architectural body (forgot the name), they only recognise two Nigerian universities, CU and Unilag.

I've only talked about the department I know of, how about the other departments..? who knows what's happening there. I hope this tells enough. Again, I never went to CU.

Cheers man.
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by kinso04(m): 11:37pm On Jan 17, 2016
Still repping d best Uni in the North #UNIMAID.. At least we try, despite the insecurity challenges, we keep thriving to be among the top 10 out of 100 Universities in Nigeria.. Pls Like if u agree, Share for your support

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by stanleyborix: 12:30am On Jan 18, 2016
Where FUT Minna come dey na undecided
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by Akiika: 3:26am On Jan 18, 2016
No wonder chicken brain plenty for Nairaland, these are the glorified secondary you attended?
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by kevoh(m): 6:10am On Jan 18, 2016
Tbamo:

I'm yet to meet a UI first class grad without a job! I fact the worst c scenario is to take the statutory university offer!

UI students are above all In nigeria!
Clap for yourself. You are now a machine with Artificial Intelligence and who also keeps data on the whereabouts of all of U.I graduates both past and present.

If you fail to see what my example is portraying, that getting a job in Nigeria(and being succesful) is more about you and not because your University ranks Number 1 or Number 100, then I can not help you.
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by tens4real(m): 6:14am On Jan 18, 2016
Abeg guys mek una show me som love pls today is my birthday! I need like 200 likes pls

1 Like

Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by agwom(m): 7:45am On Jan 18, 2016
Where is national open university?
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by luxflowz(m): 7:48am On Jan 18, 2016
Proud of. Been in Esut.... Sch fees na d only problem undecidedProud of. Been in Esut.... Sch fees na d only problem
Re: Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC by jonnieoneng: 8:13am On Jan 18, 2016
Booyakasha:
LIKE IF YOU THINK THEY'RE ONLY TWO UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA
1. UI
2. OTHERS wink

That shows how proud u are.Little wonder baby Universities are catching up with u.U.I my ass.....What has that done to solve the numerous problems in Nija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ado-Ekiti Poly Rector Accused Of Investing N1Bn Lecturers Salaries In Bitcoin / Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) / Oau Admission List For The Year 2010/2011 Released!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.