Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

One Statement Made In Church That I Dislike - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Statement Made In Church That I Dislike (1092 Views)

Church That Uses Calabash With Red Pieces To Collect Offering In Nigeria (Video) / Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer / Nigerian Guy Replies Church That Asked God To Change Their Smell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Statement Made In Church That I Dislike by clefstone(m): 2:17pm On Jan 17, 2016
There is this common statement made in Church or during prayer meetings I feel uncomfortable with. It usually goes like this; ''let us thank God because some people that were here last year are not alive today''. My problem with this statement is that it assumes that we are more fortunate than all those that are dead. But as christians are we not supposed to see the faithfuls departed as the more fortunate ones since they have reunited with God. Are we really better than the dead?
Re: One Statement Made In Church That I Dislike by Mjshexy(f): 2:42pm On Jan 17, 2016
Sorry they don't make such statement in my church shocked
Re: One Statement Made In Church That I Dislike by AwesomeDuru(m): 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
90% of Christians don't understand what they pray about..Their prayers are merely repetitive, often consisting of things they have crammed over the years..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Statement Made In Church That I Dislike by Acidosis(m): 3:00pm On Jan 17, 2016
Interesting observation
Re: One Statement Made In Church That I Dislike by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 17, 2016
clefstone:
There is this common statement made in Church or during prayer meetings I feel uncomfortable with. It usually goes like this; ''let us thank God because some people that were here last year are not alive today''. My problem with this statement is that it assumes that we are more fortunate than all those that are dead. But as christians are we not supposed to see the faithfuls departed as the more fortunate ones since they have reunited with God. Are we really better than the dead?

"Are we really better than the dead?"

I bet no one living can answer that question.

Most Christians however assume they are better than the dead. And instead of simply thanking God for their lives, they must mock the dead while thanking God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Statement Made In Church That I Dislike by Meel: 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2016
No bro
it is lets thank God for allowing us seeing the light of the day not because we our righteous neither are we prayerful, but we live because of your (grace).
Bro not being fortunate but living by grace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Statement Made In Church That I Dislike by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
Meel:
No bro
it is lets thank God for allowing us seeing the light of the day..
You need God's permission to see the light of the day?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Statement Made In Church That I Dislike by waldigit: 4:06pm On Jan 17, 2016
clefstone:
Actually, it is the dead that ended it Hell that we can claim we are better than becos we still have chance of repentance, but dead like apostle Paul who made it to heaven is far better than us.

1 Like

Re: One Statement Made In Church That I Dislike by clefstone(m): 7:11pm On Jan 17, 2016
Mjshexy:
Sorry they don't make such statement in my church shocked
and what church is that?
Re: One Statement Made In Church That I Dislike by clefstone(m): 7:13pm On Jan 17, 2016
AwesomeDuru:
90% of Christians don't understand what they pray about..Their prayers are merely repetitive, often consisting of things they have crammed over the years..
I agree with u. But our pastors/reverends should pray in tune with the teachings of Christ
Re: One Statement Made In Church That I Dislike by Mjshexy(f): 7:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
clefstone:
and what church is that?
Living faith church kubwa abuja.
What they say is let's thank God for giving us the privilege to see a new day, month or year because many who were more worthy & righteous than us are unfortunately no longer here with us. Maybe it's ur pastor making the wrong speech, it's not all prayers u say Amen to sha
Re: One Statement Made In Church That I Dislike by clefstone(m): 10:33am On Jan 18, 2016
folksync:

"Are we really better than the dead?"

I bet no one living can answer that question.

Most Christians however assume they are better than the dead. And instead of simply thanking God for their lives, they must mock the dead while thanking God.
it's insensitive and annoying to me. Imagine how someone who lost a love one recently will feel in the audience

2 Likes

Re: One Statement Made In Church That I Dislike by clefstone(m): 10:58am On Jan 18, 2016
Mjshexy:
Living faith church kubwa abuja.
What they say is let's thank God for giving us the privilege to see a new day, month or year because many who were more worthy & righteous than us are unfortunately no longer here with us. Maybe it's ur pastor making the wrong speech, it's not all prayers u say Amen to sha
''unfortunately no longer here with us''. Now, doesn't your bible tell u that it's a good thing when a righteous person dies? How is it now unfortunate. That very statement already expresses disbelief in the afterlife

1 Like

Re: One Statement Made In Church That I Dislike by Mjshexy(f): 11:52am On Jan 18, 2016
clefstone:
''unfortunately no longer here with us''. Now, doesn't your bible tell u that it's a good thing when a righteous person dies? How is it now unfortunate. That very statement already expresses disbelief in the afterlife
Yea it may be a good thing but the permanent passing away of a soul is always a painful loss for family & loved ones & this is d reason why people weep & mourn, u don't xpect them to start dancing & laughing wen a soul passes on. I pray u don't loose a close family member & see hw painful it is. So sir it is an unfortunate demise which we all cannot question but must just accept as d will if the Creator, I hope u re clear now
Re: One Statement Made In Church That I Dislike by winner01(m): 4:03pm On Jan 18, 2016
clefstone:
Your questions and more have been answered here:
http://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets
Re: One Statement Made In Church That I Dislike by clefstone(m): 5:32pm On Jan 18, 2016
Mjshexy:
Yea it may be a good thing but the permanent passing away of a soul is always a painful loss for family & loved ones & this is d reason why people weep & mourn, u don't xpect them to start dancing & laughing wen a soul passes on. I pray u don't loose a close family member & see hw painful it is. So sir it is an unfortunate demise which we all cannot question but must just accept as d will if the Creator, I hope u re clear now
I agree with u that it is very painful to lose a loved one. Infact, it's the most painful occurrence one can think of. However, when a loved one dies in righteousness, it's not the dead that suffers but those left behind that must suffer the separation. Why then would your Church tag the dead as 'unfortunate'. The truth is, anyone that believes in heaven will view the dead believers as 'very fortunate' indeed
Re: One Statement Made In Church That I Dislike by Mjshexy(f): 6:06pm On Jan 18, 2016
clefstone:
I agree with u that it is very painful to lose a loved one. Infact, it's the most painful occurrence one can think of. However, when a loved one dies in righteousness, it's not the dead that suffers but those left behind that must suffer the separation. Why then would your Church tag the dead as 'unfortunate'. The truth is, anyone that believes in heaven will view the dead believers as 'very fortunate' indeed
It's good u understand what i'm talking about, it means av not been wasting my time. Now an unfortunate event means wishing something didn't happen or wishing u had d power to stop it from happening but since it has occurred, we just must accept our fate & move on. Now put this into my description, no matter hw righteous the person was, as humans with feelings we would still have wished it hadn't happen. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Lost Books Of The Bible? / Rccg Sunday School Lesson 30 , March 26 2017 / Rccg Sunday School Students Manual(06/08/2017) The Judgment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.