Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer (1742 Views)

Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by JackBizzle: 7:19am On Mar 11, 2017
This is one of the more "cultish" churches among other churches.

Every time I meet a member of the church, I am always disappointed. Always.

The one that even irritates me is that they are here on nairaland thinking that they can argue for their church. These people are so brainwashed that they even think that they have the moral ground to criticise other churches.

PLEASE, ANY TIME A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS IS TALKING ABOUT HIS//HER CHURCH'S DOCTRINES, SHUT THEM DOWN WITH THESE QUESTIONS.

1) Would you let me die if I needed blood transfusion and you had the only bag of blood in the area with you?

2) How do you explain the NUMEROUS failed prophecies that have been made by your church leaders? A few failures is not too bad but a catalogue of failed prophecies? Jesus, you guys are frauds.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses#Failed_predictions

3) Why do you ostracize non-members and apostates? Is that not cultish behaviour? Do you know who hates apostates as well? ISIS, radical muslims, North Korean communists and other cults!

4) Why have your doctrines consistently changed? Not once, not twice but many many times! Your definition of "endtimes" have changed over the years, your teaching about Jews/heaven have changed etc

5) Why is your church the "only" church? Do you realize that the bible you are using came as a result of the work of another church- the catholic church?

6) Where in the bible does it say that one should not be involved in government? Didn't Jesus agree on taxes? Were there not Kings that were men of God in the bible?

1 Like

Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by hisgrace090: 8:13am On Mar 11, 2017
Hmm! Jehovah witness are on their own oo!
I no get time for their upside down argument.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by JackBizzle: 10:45am On Mar 11, 2017
hisgrace090:
Hmm! Jehovah witness are on their own oo!
I no get time for their upside down argument.

Guy, you are doing a good deed if you can save anyone from the JW cult
Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 11, 2017
Despite the fact that i don't go well with most of their teachings, i still find them interesting to argue with unlike some dullards who don't even know where Genesis is in the bible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by prinzfavian(m): 11:07am On Mar 11, 2017
Smiles.
Just be patient, Your questions will be answered. though some of the questions are based on wrong informations and falsehood. but nevertheless, you'll get your answers.
funny world smiley
Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 11, 2017
JW.. Very funny folks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by JackBizzle: 12:55pm On Mar 11, 2017
HenryDion:
Despite the fact that i don't go well with most of their teachings, i still find them interesting to argue with unlike some dullards who don't even know where Genesis is in the bible.

I find the dullards to be less dangerous. The JWs are armed with misinformation and propaganda.
Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by JackBizzle: 12:57pm On Mar 11, 2017
prinzfavian:
Smiles.
Just be patient, Your questions will be answered. though some of the questions are based on wrong informations and falsehood. but nevertheless, you'll get your answers.
funny world smiley

cc Jozzy4 jman05
Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

I find the dullards to be less dangerous. The JWs are armed with misinformation and propaganda.
That's why i find them thrilling to argue with grin They can argue for Africa lol..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by JackBizzle: 2:37pm On Mar 11, 2017
prinzfavian:
Smiles.
funny world smiley

STILL WAITING

1 Like

Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by lepasharon(f): 3:54pm On Mar 11, 2017
prinzfavian:
Smiles.
funny world smiley

Can you also address the child molesting elders being swept under the rug?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by lepasharon(f): 4:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
OP let me not lie, the delusion of JW is on a next level however they are the nicest and most rational out of the Christian bunch. JW are nice ppl, their delusion is just something else
Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by JackBizzle: 4:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
lepasharon:
OP let me not lie, the delusion of JW is on a next level however they are the nicest and most rational out of the Christian bunch. JW are nice ppl, their delusion is just something else

People that watch as their family members die due to blood loss are not nice.
Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by MummyIMadeIt: 1:06am On Mar 14, 2017
you dare not marry there ladies except you belong
Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by JackBizzle: 10:56am On Feb 11, 2021
How many years have passed and still, no answers from the JW
Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by haddeylium(m): 11:43am On Feb 11, 2021
JackBizzle:
How many years have passed and still, no answers from the JW

Jehovah's witnesses are peace loving people.
it seems like many of your claims are filled with more emotional distrust, rather than actual reasoning. You won't find a Jehovah's witnesses engaging in fruitless argument.

I'm a Jehovah's witness and I can tell you clearly that you no nothing about them except what you're told .Rather than believe the negative things said about us, just talk to one of us. We are just ordinary humans like you who have a great love for God and for man and we will are happy to answer any question you have about us.

If you have any civil question, you can ask .Or you can aswell visit Jw.org for your questions.

What's your church btw?

2 Likes

Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by JackBizzle: 1:03pm On Feb 11, 2021
haddeylium:

Jehovah's witnesses are peace loving people.
it seems like many of your claims are filled with more emotional distrust, rather than actual reasoning. You won't find a Jehovah's witnesses engaging in fruitless argument.

I'm a Jehovah's witness and I can tell you clearly that you no nothing about them except what you're told .Rather than believe the negative things said about us, just talk to one of us. We are just ordinary humans like you who have a great love for God and for man and we will are happy to answer any question you have about us.

If you have any civil question, you can ask .Or you can aswell visit Jw.org for your questions.

What's your church btw?

Wow...you are really good with your `bullshite spinning.

Guy, explain the failed prophecies and address the other points in the op.

You talk as if you are a good person but as a JW, you would leave me to die if I needed a blood tranfusion and you were the only viable donor.

1 Like

Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by haddeylium(m): 12:52am On Feb 12, 2021
JackBizzle:

Jack,
Do you know see why I said you should speak to one of us.
Jehovah's witnesses never claimed to be an inspired prophet.
We're just following Jesus' counsel to 'keep on the watch' for his presence (Matt 24: 42).

Official Journal of Jehovah's witnesses
“We have not the gift of prophecy.” (January 1883, page 425). Check the picture I attached sir

Most people don't really know who a prophet is.
Usually, people associate prophesy with foretelling future event.

If you've encountered Jws ,Our believe is that miraculous gifts, including the gift of prophecy, dissappeared after the days of the apostles

What we do is to understand the Bible prophesies about our times in preparing for the Lord's coming . That's not prophesy itself because we don't bring about a new one.
Truly, some people with scores to grind with Jws will tell you differently.
Know this today, There's no one prophesying among Jehovah's witnesses.
We Just try to understand and research the Bible chronology of
the already existing prophesies in the Bible.

If you want I can show you some of our understanding of the Bible prophesies which seems to be extremely accurate or you call aswell visit Jw.org

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by MightySparrow: 4:17am On Feb 12, 2021
haddeylium:

Jack,
We're just following Jesus' counsel to 'keep on the watch' for his presence (Matt 24: 42).

“We have not the gift of prophecy.” (January 1883, page 425). Check the picture I attached sir

If you've encountered Jws ,Our believe is that miraculous gifts, including the gift of prophecy, dissappeared after the days of the apostles

What we do is to understand the Bible prophesies about our times in preparing for the Lord's coming . That's not prophesy itself because we don't bring about a new one.

If you want I can show you some of our understanding of the Bible prophesies which seems to be extremely accurate or you call aswell visit Jw.org
It is a good attempt from JWs to try to understand and interpret Bible prophecies. However, most reasonable observation of prophecies are after they are fulfilled. There are other people who have made attempts to chronologically analyse Bible prophecies and failed. Latest, I know was one Harold Camping who died sometime, last decade
On disappearance of spiritual gift, there seems no scriptures that talk about that, and historically, no evidence that people all over the world never manifested these gifts else where and elsewhen after the apostles. The rate and frequency might go down in history. Anyways, your choice belief is not a cursor of God's standards, nor any denomination's

1 Like

Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by MightySparrow: 4:22am On Feb 12, 2021
lepasharon:
Their delusion is dimensionless, abysmal. My friend Maximuside you are welcome on board.
Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:20am On Feb 12, 2021
MightySparrow:

Their delusion is dimensionless, abysmal. My friend Maximuside you are welcome on board.
The topic
"Much i dislike about Jehovah's Witnesses and Questions they can't answer"

If someone say to you publicly "i dislike you" and "i have some questions you CAN'T answer"

What would you think about such a person most especially if your teacher have warned you of certain enemies that will suffice while you are putting what he taught you to practice? Matthew 5:11-12, 10:17; John 15:19, 17:14-16

Well he has just proved that Jehovah's Witnesses are Jesus' real group that must be noticed globally {Matthew 5:13-16} so it's our pleasure to be the center of attraction!

But if he truthfully want a disciple like Maximus to come on board then i'll give him a condition since the law never put JWs in a cage for interrogation. Let him tell the whole forum the name of his church then we can start asking each other questions, it shouldn't be one sided! Luke 12:12

So my friend what do you think? smiley
Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by MightySparrow: 6:07am On Feb 12, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The topic
"Much i dislike about Jehovah's Witnesses and Questions they can't answer"

If someone say to you publicly "i dislike you" and "i have some questions you CAN'T answer"

What would you think about such a person most especially if your teacher have warned you of certain enemies that will suffice while you are putting what he taught you to practice? Matthew 5:11-12, 10:17; John 15:19, 17:14-16

Well he has just proved that Jehovah's Witnesses are Jesus' real group that must be noticed globally {Matthew 5:13-16} so it's our pleasure to be the center of attraction!

But if he truthfully want a disciple like Maximus to come on board then i'll give him a condition since the law never put JWs in a cage for interrogation. Let him tell the whole forum the name of his church then we can start asking each other questions, it shouldn't be one sided! Luke 12:12

So my friend what do you think? smiley
I I think you JWs say you have answers to every question. I honestly don't have answers to your questions. From your exalted position of knowledge, please do the needful.
Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:17am On Feb 12, 2021
I wasn't directing any questions to you my friend, i just said i'll address the OP on one condition:
If he tells me the name of his Church.
I am one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES so i'll like to know the doctrine the questionnaire upholds! smiley

MightySparrow:
I I think you JWs say you have answers to every question. I honestly don't have answers to your questions. From your exalted position of knowledge, please do the needful.
Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:28am On Feb 12, 2021
Our Master, Lord and King Jesus Christ taught us well so we are fully competent as in adequately equipped {2Timothy 3:17} to answer anyone who demand for the reason of our FAITH! 1Peter 3:15

Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by haddeylium(m): 2:35pm On Feb 12, 2021
MightySparrow:

On disappearance of spiritual gift, there seems no scriptures that talk about that, and historically, no evidence that people all over the world never manifested these gifts else where and elsewhen after the apostles. The rate and frequency might go down in history. Anyways, your choice belief is not a cursor of God's s[b][/b]tandards, nor any denomination's

1 Cor. 13:8

1 Like

Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by MightySparrow: 3:28pm On Feb 12, 2021
haddeylium:

Please qoute and explain

1 Like

Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by Emusan(m): 4:20pm On Feb 12, 2021
haddeylium:
Jack,

The fact that, you can openly say the @red part shows you're of your father the Devil because he's a liar from beginning and the father of it.

If Jehovah witness never claimed to be an inspired prophet, what is the meaning of these statements in your publications?

“Under the guidance of his holy spirit and on the basis of his Word of truth, Jehovah provides what is needed so that all of God's people may be "fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought" Kingdom Ministry Sep 2007 p.3 US Edition

"We will also increase our joy if we prayerfully and diligently study God's spirit - inspired Word and Christian publications prepared under the spirit's guidance." Watchtower 1992 Mar 15 pp.21-22

"When the time comes to clarify a spiritual matter in our day, holy spirit helps responsible representatives of the faithful and discreet slave at world headquarters to discern deep truths that were not previously understood. (Matt. 24:45; 1 Cor. 2:13) The Governing Body as a whole considers adjusted explanations. (Acts 15:6) What they learn, they publish for the benefit of all." Watchtower 2010 Jul 15 pp.22-23

Let me stop here.

So who is a prophet?

a person who speaks for God or a deity, or by divine inspiration.

Says the https://www.dictionary.com/browse/prophet

So, is watchtower claimed to be INSPIRED PROPHET or not?

Check all these citations from your publication.

"Third, holy spirit is at work in bringing Bible truths to light." Watchtower 2010 Apr 15 p.10 Holy Spirits Role in the Outworking of Jehovahs Purpose

"Consider, too, the fact that Jehovah's organization alone, in all the earth, is directed by God's holy spirit or active force. (Zech. 4:6) Only this organization functions for Jehovah's purpose and to his praise. To it alone God's Sacred Word, the Bible, is not a sealed book. Many persons of the world are very intelligent, capable of understanding complex matters. They can read the Holy Scriptures, but they cannot understand their deep meaning. Yet God's people can comprehend such spiritual things. Why? Not because of special intelligence on their part, but as the apostle Paul declared: "For it is to us God has revealed them through his spirit, for the spirit searches into all things, even the deep things of God."" Watchtower 1973 Jul 1 p.402

And where does this written in the scripture?

Then, How does watchtower chose a replacement for the dead governor's body members? If miraculous gifts have disappeared.

Prophecy isn't ONLY about bringing A NEW MESSAGE

Sure, there is no one prophesying among you because there is no spirit of God in your hall.

That means watchtower is using human knowledge and understanding, but what about the numerous claim that it was the Holy Spirit who is guiding the Governor's body?

Will you also care to show us the numerous inspiration claim of many failed prophecies
Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by Emusan(m): 4:26pm On Feb 12, 2021
haddeylium:

This is the verse

ERV: Love will never end. But all those gifts will come to an end—even the gift of prophecy, the gift of speaking in different kinds of languages, and the gift of knowledge.

Do you still have the gift of knowledge today?
Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:30pm On Feb 12, 2021
So Haddey you're this cunning?

Why quoting and leaving him confused nah? cheesy

haddeylium:

Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by CAPTIVATOR: 5:03pm On Feb 12, 2021
JackBizzle:
This is one of the more "cultish" churches among other churches.

Every time I meet a member of the church, I am always disappointed. Always.

The one that even irritates me is that they are here on nairaland thinking that they can argue for their church. These people are so brainwashed that they even think that they have the moral ground to criticise other churches.

PLEASE, ANY TIME A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS IS TALKING ABOUT HIS//HER CHURCH'S DOCTRINES, SHUT THEM DOWN WITH THESE QUESTIONS.

This emotional outburst ain't neccesary.

1) Would you let me die if I needed blood transfusion and you had the only bag of blood in the area with you?

Deu 14:21 . No

Isrealites don't eat dead animals because of the command on blood, but they could sell to a foreigner. Who am I to watch you die if you want blood in your system?

2) How do you explain the NUMEROUS failed prophecies that have been made by your church leaders? A few failures is not too bad but a catalogue of failed prophecies? Jesus, you guys are frauds.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses#Failed_predictions

None are prophecies. " MAY" is not prophetic.

3) Why do you ostracize non-members and apostates? Is that not cultish behaviour? Do you know who hates apostates as well? ISIS, radical muslims, North Korean communists and other cults!

" It is right to hate the wrong committed by the disfellowshiped one, but it is not right to hate the person nor is it right to treat such ones in an inhumane way. " W74, 8/1 p.467

If anyone hate the person or treat in an inhumane way, it's that person you should held liable

4) Why have your doctrines consistently changed? Not once, not twice but many many times! Your definition of "endtimes" have changed over the years, your teaching about Jews/heaven have changed etc

Humility to change when a person err, is a sign of God's guidance bro

NASB 1977
" But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; " 1The 5:21

5) Why is your church the "only" church? Do you realize that the bible you are using came as a result of the work of another church- the catholic church?

True worshippers will worship the Father. (John 4:23) Not Trinity.

Only them worship the Father as he should.

6) Where in the bible does it say that one should not be involved in government? Didn't Jesus agree on taxes? Were there not Kings that were men of God in the bible?

Satan own the government seat.

Luke 4:5,6

The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. (NIV)

Jesus rejected it. We do too
Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by achorladey: 8:44pm On Feb 12, 2021
JackBizzle:

You talk as if you are a good person but as a JW, you would leave me to die if I needed a blood tranfusion and you were the only viable donor.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1972241

You should have asked are JWs PROPHETS? Do they PROPHESY?

The WTBTS will answer through its magazine. The image below will help

after that compare it with the words of one of those who responded to your post, you will definitely see where the problem comfortably stand.

the already existing prophesies in the Bible
........haddey

1 Like

Re: Much I Dislike About Jehovah's Witnesses And Questions They Cant Answer by achorladey: 9:09pm On Feb 12, 2021
CAPTIVATOR:

This emotional outburst ain't neccesary.

Deu 14:21 . No

Isrealites don't eat dead animals because of the command on blood, but they could sell to a foreigner. Who am I to watch you die if you want blood in your system?

None are prophecies. " MAY" is not prophetic.

" It is right to hate the wrong committed by the disfellowshiped one, but it is not right to hate the person nor is it right to treat such ones in an inhumane way. " W74, 8/1 p.467

If anyone hate the person or treat in an inhumane way, it's that person you should held liable

Humility to change when a person err, is a sign of God's guidance bro

NASB 1977
" But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; " 1The 5:21

True worshippers will worship the Father. (John 4:23) Not Trinity.

Only them worship the Father as he should.

Satan own the government seat.

Luke 4:5,6

The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. (NIV)

Jesus rejected it. We do too

Satan own the government seat

The government authorities are Ministers of WHO?

Who am I to watch you die if you want blood in your system

Since the response was for someone who is not a JW, what will your response be to a JW in this case family relation?

Isrealites don't eat dead animals because of the command on blood

“If anyone, whether a native or a foreigner, eats an animal found dead or one torn by a wild animal, he must then wash his garments and bathe in water and be unclean until the evening; then he will be clean. But if he does not wash them and does not bathe himself, he will answer for his error.’” Leviticus 17:15, 16.

What does that tell you about the eating of blood?

Chai and the person who wrote this particular article got DISFELLOWSHIPPED, OSTRACIZED and labelled APOSTATES who leads others to sin

None are prophecies. " MAY" is not prophetic

Meaning the GB of JWs do business of FAITH with SPECULATION and ASSUMPTIONS. Interesting!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Messages From The Lord On How Christian-woman Should Dress Holy + Other Messages / Prophetic Utterances For 2019 By Dr. D. K. Olukoya / Athiests, Prove To Me That BIG BANG Happened. Is this Eyewitnesses photo real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.