Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,635 members, 7,823,783 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? (23214 Views)

How Do I Restart My Battle Over The Use Of Prostitutes After Series Of Relapse? / Does God Really Answer Prayers? / Does God Answer Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Originalsly: 3:06pm On Jan 17, 2016
Raymondenyi:
I usually eat very well and join them in prayers...

Lmao... but this is serious! I think this kind 21 day ordered starving fasting doesn't help spiritually or does the body any good. Under such condition hunger would make the brain focus on nothing else but food making the person unable to focus spiritually....and all kinds health issues may arise. But if the person makes up his mind to fast and pray...then I think the craving for food would not be there.Fasting is good...bit this is too much.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by rev2214(m): 3:06pm On Jan 17, 2016
Well! Spiritual matter are not to be taken lightly. If you don't know the importance of a thing abuse is inevitable. And what you stop doing will stop rewarding you. Fasting is for a purpose. If you know you can't partake in it (because of your weakness) then don't cause others to join u. Though you are at liberty. What God has done in Jesus on the cross can never be reversed. You're saved if you believe in the Lord Jesus. Shalom.
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by JustJosh20(m): 3:06pm On Jan 17, 2016
VickyRotex:
Just to add. I remember having this conversation with someone, and then after giving my own opinion, I made further research. And below is what I got. Which I believe explains better especially from experience.

>>Fasting was an expected discipline in both the Old and New Testament eras. For example, Moses fasted at least two recorded forty-day periods. Jesus fasted 40 days and reminded His followers to fast, "when you fast," not if you fast.

>>Fasting and prayer can restore the loss of the "first love" for your Lord and result in a more intimate relationship with Christ.

>>Fasting is a biblical way to truly humble yourself in the sight of God (Psalm 35:13; Ezra 8:21). King David said, "I humble myself through fasting."

>>Fasting enables the Holy Spirit to reveal your true spiritual condition, resulting in brokenness, repentance, and a transformed life.

The Holy Spirit will quicken the Word of God in your heart and His truth will become more meaningful to you!
Fasting can transform your prayer life into a richer and more personal experience.

>>Fasting can result in a dynamic personal revival in your own life-and make you a channel of revival to others.

>>Fasting and prayer are the only disciplines that fulfill the requirements of II Chronicles 7:14:
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

>>If you fast, you will find yourself being humbled as I did. You will discover more time to pray and seek God's face. And as He leads you to recognize and repent of unconfessed sin, you will experience special blessings from God.

Source: cru. Org

However, I'm not saying until you fast before the Holy Spirit ministers to you.

Also, look up Matthew 17:21

i hope you know that

GOD WILL BLESS YOU

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by VickyRotex(f): 3:07pm On Jan 17, 2016
JustJosh20:

i hope you know that

GOD WILL BLESS YOU

lol. Amen.

Thank You. God Bless you too!
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by oluwaniyi66(m): 3:07pm On Jan 17, 2016
[color=#000099][/color] Jesus Christ said these things(miracle, signs and wonders) cannot happen except by fasting and prayer . so if you're not interested in performing those things, you may not need to fast. matt 17:21
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by anonimi: 3:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
VickyRotex:
Just to add. I remember having this conversation with someone, and then after giving my own opinion, I made further research. And below is what I got. Which I believe explains better especially from experience.

>>Fasting was an expected discipline in both the Old and New Testament eras. For example, Moses fasted at least two recorded forty-day periods. Jesus fasted 40 days and reminded His followers to fast, "when you fast," not if you fast.

>>Fasting and prayer can restore the loss of the "first love" for your Lord and result in a more intimate relationship with Christ.

>>Fasting is a biblical way to truly humble yourself in the sight of God (Psalm 35:13; Ezra 8:21). King David said, "I humble myself through fasting."

>>Fasting enables the Holy Spirit to reveal your true spiritual condition, resulting in brokenness, repentance, and a transformed life.

The Holy Spirit will quicken the Word of God in your heart and His truth will become more meaningful to you!
Fasting can transform your prayer life into a richer and more personal experience.

>>Fasting can result in a dynamic personal revival in your own life-and make you a channel of revival to others.

>>Fasting and prayer are the only disciplines that fulfill the requirements of II Chronicles 7:14:
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

>>If you fast, you will find yourself being humbled as I did. You will discover more time to pray and seek God's face. And as He leads you to recognize and repent of unconfessed sin, you will experience special blessings from God.

What percentage % of successful:

- Americans
- Britons
- Chinese
- Australians

etc fast as you described above in your estimate
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855404_fbimg1442168436118_jpeg3abf4555427b1803302e6b4f3ffbbb15
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by ada40: 3:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
@op. check Matthew 17vers 21 if you see problem that is wearing skirt and blouse you will increase the fasting days from 21 to 42 days, example this kind barren that God removed in my life. am not wishing you evil, just saying.
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 17, 2016
[s]
VickyRotex:

[/s]

lies angry
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by VickyRotex(f): 3:14pm On Jan 17, 2016
anonimi:

What percentage % of successful:

- Americans
- Britons
- Chinese
- Australians

etc fast as you described above in your estimate
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855404_fbimg1442168436118_jpeg3abf4555427b1803302e6b4f3ffbbb15

You can make that research if you dont mind.
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by VickyRotex(f): 3:14pm On Jan 17, 2016
searchiing4love:
[s][/s]

lies angry

Dont be silly!
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by anonimi: 3:16pm On Jan 17, 2016
rev2214:
Well! Spiritual matter are not to be taken lightly. If you don't know the importance of a thing abuse is inevitable. And what you stop doing will stop rewarding you. Fasting is for a purpose. If you know you can't partake in it (because of your weakness) then don't cause others to join u. Though you are at liberty. What God has done in Jesus on the cross can never be reversed. You're saved if you believe in the Lord Jesus. Shalom

I asked a question.
If you can't answer now, please fast for revelation of the answers so that when you receive you can share with us here.
Thanks.
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by kevoh(m): 3:16pm On Jan 17, 2016
As a kid, I don't remember me starving fasting just to ask my father to pay my school fees, buy my books or christmas clothes. He paid for them as soon as possible. He knew my important needs without me asking and tried to fulfill them, yet he's not omnipotent nor omniscient.

Dunno why with the theist skydaddy it's a different ball game. You have to fast 20, 30, 100 days, call fire on enemies, go in the nude at midnight, go on a quest to some mountain just for the skydaddy to grant a request that 95% of the time is never granted.

#Just.saying.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Christis4real(m): 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2016
Well yes, you have quite a point there. The Bible even says:
"eating neither commends us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse" 1 Corinthians 8:8
But you see, fasting is needed in the spiritual race in order to be sensitive to God's Spirit. if the flesh is not subdued, your spirit can't freely hear from GOD. Let me give you an illustration: Imagine if someone is telling you something while you're listening to the television with the volume tuned up. You can never hear the person clearly until you mute the volume. So also every Christian, the Spirit is speaking today but we cannot hear Him expressly until we 'tune down' the volume of other things. And food is one of them. Many Spirit-filled people will understand what I'm about to say: Have you ever had this feeling when you just finished eating and you want to worship GOD in His Spirit, you feel bogged down and weighty that you know that you might not even be able to worship God or hear Him well. That's it. It is unscriptural to say you want to 'fast for prosperity', but it is scriptural to fast in order to hear what God Is saying. You see, the Bible says "eye has not seen, nor have hears heard, nor has it entered into the heart of men what GOD has prepared for those who love HIM" 1 Cor 2:9. Many people usually take this verse out of context. Full understanding comes when you notice the verse after it: "but HE has revealed it to us by HIS SPIRIT" 1 Cor 2:10. You can only know ALL the great things GOD has prepared for you through GOD'S Spirit in your inner man. This period of fasting in your Church is a time to do that, connect yourself to GOD'S Spirit and you will begin to see great and mighty things.
GOD BLESS YOU!
Kindly read:
A Hunger for God: Desiring God through prayer and fasting By John Piper and
A Commonsense Guide to fasting by Kenneth E Hagin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by anonimi: 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
VickyRotex:
You can make that research if you dont mind.

Did already.
Zero fasting. Many successful people.
Meanwhile, Nigerians who fast are struggling to eat and jumping at the slightest opportunity to be voluntary SLAVES to those who don't fast.
What IRONY, right
Is that not FOOLISHNESS?
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
If you like dey ontop woman pray, God will still answer you.

I believe fasting helps some people to focus.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 17, 2016
VickyRotex:

Dont be silly!

what sort of nonsense is this

1 Like

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 17, 2016
ifyemex:
The question is as d same as "y do we pray when God already knwn our problems"?
I kind of reason it.

for example! you can't just go into your friend's house to help him on his marital stuff unless he invite you or ask for ya help even if you are hearing rumors of him!

just almost the same principle!

this earth was made for you to dominate! not God. so you need his help to intervene by prayer

1 Like

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by zbone(m): 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2016
@Raymondenyi

Dr Myles Munroe (Rip) explains fasting in great detail in this short YouTube video, I think you should have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxw7bvG1yjA
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Youceemeri: 3:44pm On Jan 17, 2016
Cure is here
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Fraih(f): 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
Fasting is more than 'not eating'
It is a spiritual exercise that makes your spirit active and sensitive because you have suppressed flesh in a way.

However, the way we take Fasting these days is questionable because a lot believe that their prayers will not be answered when they dont fast, that you fast is no guarantee that God will answer your prayer first.
How about those that fast and still trespass while fasting, then the purpose of the fast has been conquered.

What God is after is a heart that is pure and a spirit that is active for him to commune with. My church is currently on a 40 days fast But I only fast as led. I am not against the fasting daily till 6:30pm, But I have understood some things and had some dealings.

So dont be carried away by 'you have to fast to get your prayers answered', understand what God wants you to do per time.
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Jabioro: 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
Nothing do you when something bit/hit you you know that fasting is more than that .Go and read Bible very well,do you think Jesus fasted to get closer to God ? I pray ,you will never have other side of Aye...
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by MIZCRACK: 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
allanphash7:
Mehn

A sinner is not one that committed a sin like a footballer is not one that plays football. A sinner has the NATURE OF SIN AND DEATH in his or her spirit. Hope this helps.
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by 4nobody4every1: 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
Fasting is for power generation, fasting does not move God and should not be done in an effort to bribe God, before, during and after your fast he remains the same,fasting does not change God but changes you" the faster" , fasting helps to put your flesh under control so that your Spirit Man can connect and commune well with the Holy Spirit wink cool
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Fraih(f): 3:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
Christis4real, you made a wonderful point, God bless you and your contribution.
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by PraiseSuccess: 3:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
That ws a wonderful write up.
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by God2man(m): 3:58pm On Jan 17, 2016
Christis4real:
Well yes, you have quite a point there. The Bible even says:
"eating neither commends us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse" 1 Corinthians 8:8
But you see, fasting is needed in the spiritual race in order to be sensitive to God's Spirit. if the flesh is not subdued, your spirit can't freely hear from GOD. Let me give you an illustration: Imagine if someone is telling you something while you're listening to the television with the volume tuned up. You can never hear the person clearly until you mute the volume. So also every Christian, the Spirit is speaking today but we cannot hear Him expressly until we 'tune down' the volume of other things. And food is one of them. Many Spirit-filled people will understand what I'm about to say: Have you ever had this feeling when you just finished eating and you want to worship GOD in His Spirit, you feel bogged down and weighty that you know that you might not even be able to worship God or hear Him well. That's it. It is unscriptural to say you want to 'fast for prosperity', but it is scriptural to fast in order to hear what God Is saying. You see, the Bible says "eye has not seen, nor have hears heard, nor has it entered into the heart of men what GOD has prepared for those who love HIM" 1 Cor 2:9. Many people usually take this verse out of context. Full understanding comes when you notice the verse after it: "but HE has revealed it to us by HIS SPIRIT" 1 Cor 2:10. You can only know ALL the great things GOD has prepared for you through GOD'S Spirit in your inner man. This period of fasting in your Church is a time to do that, connect yourself to GOD'S Spirit and you will begin to see great and mighty things.
GOD BLESS YOU!
Kindly read:
A Hunger for God: Desiring God through prayer and fasting By John Piper and
A Commonsense Guide to fasting by Kenneth E Hagin

Excellent!
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by muhsain299(m): 4:01pm On Jan 17, 2016
Fasting helps you to remember the poor as in what they are going through
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by barikay: 4:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
Because there are some situation that cannot go except by fasting and prayer. Read The Book of Mark
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by LEXYCOM: 4:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
Jesus is my role model. If Jesus can fast 40days and 40 night even as he came from God direct, who am I dat I cannot fast and pray....there are some challenges in life that solution comes only by fasting with prayer (Mark 9:29 )
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by CharlyNick: 4:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
Very Intelligent question
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Reference(m): 4:13pm On Jan 17, 2016
Technically 'fasting' is merely spiritual focus. Nothing more. It is about emphasis, intensity. As human beings our bodies and our souls work at cross purposes to our spirit. In order to heighten one we have to diminish, degrade, control the other. I would liken it to trying to see in the dark. If you are in brightly lit room at night and you want to see clearly immediately you step out you shut your eyes for a moment before opening the door.

Now the oft misunderstood key here is what the fast does. Just as with the example I stated. The light or darkness doesn't change what happens is you adapt. In a fast it is not God or the situation that changes but you. You assume a higher level of focus, awareness and power. So God can answer your prayer and He answers every prayer of saints everytime but what we call 'answers' results is not always a function of God alone.

For example. "Daddy I am hungry" There are many answers to that.

One. Daddy gets up and gets you a sandwich.
Two. "Peter my servant, get my son a sandwich"
Three. "Son, there is a sandwich on the kitchen counter". These are the ways of God mature Christians position themselves to know by fasting.

The truth sadly is that fasting is not only about food and prayer. It is also about knowledge search and understanding.

Personally I prefer to fast as occasion serves rather than by time table and church bulk service so that I can take time of work to meet with the demands of time, focus and energy. And except if you are a pastor I cannot see where you will get 21 days to focus on God in the times we face.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TB Joshua COMMANDS Calmness Upon South Africa! / Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? / "My Hero": Lizzy Johnson Suleman Releases Love Song For Apostle Suleman (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.