Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,540 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? (23217 Views)

How Do I Restart My Battle Over The Use Of Prostitutes After Series Of Relapse? / Does God Really Answer Prayers? / Does God Answer Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by rev2214(m): 4:23pm On Jan 17, 2016
anonimi:

I asked a question.
If you can't answer now, please fast for revelation of the answers so that when you receive you can share with us here.
Thanks.
I have answered your question. No hard feeling. whether u fast or not the Lord still love you. But there is a purpose for everything.
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Samotobor1(m): 4:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
Isaiah 58 vs 6 says "Is not this the fast that I have chosen? To loose the bands of wickedness, 'to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? @op this is y we fast
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
Raymondenyi:
Hello house; I'm here again...

Before I go on to my story; I want all to understand what fasting truly entails(for those that might not know)...

According to the scriptures ; Psalm 35:13 - "but as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth; I fast to humble my Soul and my prayers kept returning to my bossom "

What fasting does is to starve your soul of any earthly pleasure (Food,drinks,television,sleep), so ur spirit can concentrate on God and draw closer, you pray passionately...

Well as for your's truly here; anytime I fast (starve of food) ; Both my spirit and my soul gets conquered; I can't even lift a finger, talkless of pray...

Moreso; from my beloveth scriptures, When we pray in his name in truth and in faith (We musn't fast) God hears us

My church happens to be on a 21days fasting program, and everyone is suppose to fast; but because of what my bible says, and my knowledge that God hears my prayer Whether fasting or full, I usually eat very well and join them in prayers...

So My question is; What is the use of fasting When God still anwers our prayers even on a full stomach?? As some only get strong for spiritual warfare when they eat?
who told you it's to starve your soul? are you an occult man?
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2016
allanphash7:
Mehn

sorry oh!
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by laytoshtwo: 4:59pm On Jan 17, 2016
Read common sense guide to fasting and prayer by kenneith hagin.it is on PDF free,when you finish you can continue eating your food.
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by terzurum5(m): 5:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
Raymondenyi:

Before I go on to my story; I want all to understand what fasting truly entails(for those that might not know)...

According to the scriptures ; Psalm 35:13 - "but as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth; I fast to humble my Soul and my prayers kept returning to my bossom "

What fasting does is to starve your soul of any earthly pleasure (Food,drinks,television,sleep), so ur spirit can concentrate on God and draw closer, you pray passionately...

Well as for your's truly here; anytime I fast (starve of food) ; Both my spirit and my soul gets conquered; I can't even lift a finger, talkless of pray...

Moreso; from my beloveth scriptures, When we pray in his name in truth and in faith (We musn't fast) God hears us

My church happens to be on a 21days fasting program, and everyone is suppose to fast; but because of what my bible says, and my knowledge that God hears my prayer Whether fasting or full, I usually eat very well and join them in prayers...

So My question is; What is the use of fasting When God still anwers our prayers even on a full stomach?? As some only get strong for spiritual warfare when they eat?
If there is no need for fasting, then why did the Saints do. Bro just tell us you love food so much such that, you can't do without it for maximun of 2 to 3 hours.
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by ImpactWorld(m): 5:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
Abraham fasted.

David fasted,

Jesus Christ fasted and enjoined his followers to do the same.

Fasting keeps your body/flesh under subjection.

Fasting empowers your spirit to be in control over you body/flesh

Fasting enables your spirit to become sensitive to the Holy Spirit.

God is always speaking, but until your spirit becomes sensitive enough, you will not be able to hear him. Fasting helps you achieve that.

*** If your TV antenna is defective or not properly plugged in, you will not get clear broadcasts on your TV. This is irrespective of the fact that all TV stations are broadcasting perfectly***

1 Like

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by tunafric: 5:30pm On Jan 17, 2016
Reference:
Technically 'fasting' is merely spiritual focus. Nothing more. It is about emphasis, intensity. As human beings our bodies and our souls work at cross purposes to our spirit. In order to heighten one we have to diminish, degrade, control the other. I would liken it to trying to see in the dark. If you are in brightly lit room at night and you want to see clearly immediately you step out you shut your eyes for a moment before opening the door.
Now the oft misunderstood key here is what the fast does. Just as with the example I stated. The light or darkness doesn't change what happens is you adapt. In a fast it is not God or the situation that changes but you. You assume a higher level of focus, awareness and power. So God can answer your prayer and He answers every prayer of saints everytime but what we call 'answers' results is not always a function of God alone.
For example. "Daddy I am hungry" There are many answers to that.
One. Daddy gets up and gets you a sandwich.
Two. "Peter my servant, get my son a sandwich"
Three. "Son, there is a sandwich on the kitchen counter". These are the ways of God mature Christians position themselves to know by fasting.
The truth sadly is that fasting is not only about food and prayer. It is also about knowledge search and understanding.
Personally I prefer to fast as occasion serves rather than by time table and church bulk service so that I can take time of work to meet with the demands of time, focus and energy. And except if you are a pastor I cannot see where you will get 21 days to focus on God in the times we face.
[

From the biblical point of view is there anything like day fasting, night fasting, white fasting, dry fasting etc
Please enlighten?
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by kaytwo(m): 5:37pm On Jan 17, 2016
Samotobor1:
Isaiah 58 vs 6 says "Is not this the fast that I have chosen? To loose the bands of wickedness, 'to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? @op this is y we fast

that message if those those that have belief in self-righteousness, self denial but their ways are not in tandem to God's ways.

if you fast ( pleasure denying-be it in any form) and you do what God says in Isaiah then u are good to go.
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by micca: 6:57pm On Jan 17, 2016
Kikero112:

Fasting is God's way of teaching us the ultimate lesson of Christianity.....that our relationship with God is not dependent on external or internal circumstances.....or on how good we feel inside.It is based on our conscious decision as Christians to follow God when things are not comfortable with us.

If you do not face hardship as a Christian....you can never learn to appreciate the goodness of God.

(I hate to grumble...but can we have less controversial topics about Christianity please...and more about how to live the Christian life, especially in Nigeria.Because....Nigerian Christians are the most religious....yet we take bribes, are tribalist, pervert the course of justice, commit sexual immorality, tell lies and so on....and instead of topics on how to live the Christian life practically in Nigeria...we get controversial topics. Sorry....I do not want to be offensive....but really!)
i have a lot 2 said but with what u said am happy. If u can't fast allow ppl that can fast 2 fast. If u dnt do offering in church allow order that want 2 do let them do. Evry cloud have a silva lining.
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by micca: 6:58pm On Jan 17, 2016
micca:
i have a lot 2 said but with what u said am happy. If u can't fast allow ppl that can fast 2 fast. If u dnt do offering in church allow order that want 2 do let them do. Evry cloud have a silva lining.
if fast not gud e 4 no da inside bible
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by naijaobi(m): 7:12pm On Jan 17, 2016
Most of us here do not really understand the reason for fasting.

Fasting enables us identify with our problems, this in turn humbles us before God and we connect with him well. This means that when you fast, you feel the pain of what you are praying about.

Fasting does not make our prayers to be fasted quickly..It only make us identify deeply with the problem and pray about it. because when you eat and is full, you tend not to pray earnestly.
that is while the people of the old pour ashes on their body and wear sack cloth when they fast, this helps them identify with their problem and they feel uncomfortable and pray hard.

God bless us all wink
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Babastag(m): 7:21pm On Jan 17, 2016
cold:
Lol..god is really a queer fella. Just imagine all the torture and torment one has to go through just to get his attention. Such an egomaniac. It would have been funny if it wasn't so disturbing.
.. sure that's why he still have I grace to express it tots...be careful because u don't know God does not mean he can't fry u
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by SWG1: 7:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
cold:
Lol..god is really a queer fella. Just imagine all the torture and torment one has to go through just to get his attention. Such an egomaniac. It would have been funny if it wasn't so disturbing.

There is always a prize to pay for greatness whether spiritual or physical. If the devils cohort fast and deprive.themselves jus to aquire power or strike ppl through diabolic means how much more u a christian.

Jesus paid a prize to attain glory, so it's a choice. if u choose to be a baby in spirit then fine.
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by brownice1(f): 7:41pm On Jan 17, 2016
fasting helps to put ur flesh under control and helps u to be more focused and there some things you can't achieve with prayers only. .Matthew 17:21
have u ever wondered why Jesus Himself had to fast for 40 days and night
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by okparea(m): 8:28pm On Jan 17, 2016
hostine316:
my people perish for they lack knowledge..

and what lead to lack of knowledge here sir
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by EMPERO247(m): 8:44pm On Jan 17, 2016
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by okparea(m): 8:48pm On Jan 17, 2016
rev2214:

I have answered your question. No hard feeling. whether u fast or not the Lord still love you. But there is a purpose for everything.

christian mean we are all Christ like jesus fasted for 40days and night we have to fast so that we can grow our spirit mind and feed it you have to deprive yourself for so many things that we why as a christain you need to have a pray mountain to fast and pray for you to always seek the face of God .. fasting strength your love with God and it make you to hear God the bible say a blessing was realize for daniel but the prince of Persian withhold it for 30 days until daniel fasted for 21 days before angel michael collect it and give it to daniel and even daniel is a prophet and yet cannot do anything until he fast so prayers can only be answer with fasting a real pastor will tell you that spiritual control the physical

thanks for the tread will be going on a 21 days fasting with my church tomorrow

1 Like

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Dotman44: 2:37am On Jan 18, 2016
VickyRotex:
Just to add. I remember having this conversation with someone, and then after giving my own opinion, I made further research. And below is what I got. Which I believe explains better especially from experience.

>>Fasting was an expected discipline in both the Old and New Testament eras. For example, Moses fasted at least two recorded forty-day periods. Jesus fasted 40 days and reminded His followers to fast, "when you fast," not if you fast.

>>Fasting and prayer can restore the loss of the "first love" for your Lord and result in a more intimate relationship with Christ.

>>Fasting is a biblical way to truly humble yourself in the sight of God (Psalm 35:13; Ezra 8:21). King David said, "I humble myself through fasting."

>>Fasting enables the Holy Spirit to reveal your true spiritual condition, resulting in brokenness, repentance, and a transformed life.

The Holy Spirit will quicken the Word of God in your heart and His truth will become more meaningful to you!
Fasting can transform your prayer life into a richer and more personal experience.

>>Fasting can result in a dynamic personal revival in your own life-and make you a channel of revival to others.

>>Fasting and prayer are the only disciplines that fulfill the requirements of II Chronicles 7:14:
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

>>If you fast, you will find yourself being humbled as I did. You will discover more time to pray and seek God's face. And as He leads you to recognize and repent of unconfessed sin, you will experience special blessings from God.

Source: cru. Org

However, I'm not saying until you fast before the Holy Spirit ministers to you.

Also, look up Matthew 17:21
tunafric:
[
From the biblical point of view is there anything like day fasting, night fasting, white fasting, dry fasting etc
Please enlighten?
VickyRotex:
Just to add. I remember having this conversation with someone, and then after giving my own opinion, I made further research. And below is what I got. Which I believe explains better especially from experience.

>>Fasting was an expected discipline in both the Old and New Testament eras. For example, Moses fasted at least two recorded forty-day periods. Jesus fasted 40 days and reminded His followers to fast, "when you fast," not if you fast.

>>Fasting and prayer can restore the loss of the "first love" for your Lord and result in a more intimate relationship with Christ.

>>Fasting is a biblical way to truly humble yourself in the sight of God (Psalm 35:13; Ezra 8:21). King David said, "I humble myself through fasting."

>>Fasting enables the Holy Spirit to reveal your true spiritual condition, resulting in brokenness, repentance, and a transformed life.

The Holy Spirit will quicken the Word of God in your heart and His truth will become more meaningful to you!
Fasting can transform your prayer life into a richer and more personal experience.

>>Fasting can result in a dynamic personal revival in your own life-and make you a channel of revival to others.

>>Fasting and prayer are the only disciplines that fulfill the requirements of II Chronicles 7:14:
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

>>If you fast, you will find yourself being humbled as I did. You will discover more time to pray and seek God's face. And as He leads you to recognize and repent of unconfessed sin, you will experience special blessings from God.

yeah. I love thia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by DarkHenrie(m): 6:57am On Jan 18, 2016
Seriously, what kind of God requires you to starve for 21 or even 50days before answering your prayers? Is that a Good God? Will you starve your child for this long before giving them what they ask of you? People need to start using their brains. Ulcer is real!
Raymondenyi:

Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Haboseyday(f): 7:16am On Jan 18, 2016
VickyRotex:
That's the problem!

Until you realise/understand that fasting isnt all about asking God for something/praying for something, then you'll be able to answer your question.

And fasting isnt about "Not eating food" just like you said above.

Fasting is the laying aside of food and drink for a period of time when a believer is seeking to know God in a deeper experience. It is to be done personally as an act on one's own pursuit of God (Exodus 34:28, 1 Samuel 7:6, 1 Kings 19:8, Matthew 6:17).

Fasting can be a time of seeking a deeper prayer experience and drawing near to God in prevailing prayer. The early church often fasted to seek God's will for leadership (Acts 13:2).

Biblical examples of fasting
- Moses: Exodus 34:27-28
- Samuel: 1 Samuel 7:5-6
- Elijah: 1 Kings 19:2, 8
- Nehemiah: Nehemiah 4:1-11
- Jesus: Matthew 4:1-11
- Ninevites: Jonah 3:5
- The Israelites: Leviticus 16:29
- David: 2 Samuel 1:11-12
- Esther: Esther 4:15-17
- Daniel: Daniel 9:3-4
- Cornelius: Acts 10:30

Benefits of Genuine Fasting
A. The presence of the supernatural: Matthew 4:2-4, 11
B. Knowing the will of God: Judges 20:26, 28
C. God's intervention: Nehemiah 1:4-11, Proverbs 21:1
D. God's protection: Ezra 8:21-23, 31-32
E. God's forgiveness: Joel 1:13-15, Jonah 3:4-10
F. Success in God-given Assignment: Matthew 4: 2-11, Esther 4:15-17, 9:1-3
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by VickyRotex(f): 8:49am On Jan 18, 2016
Haboseyday:

Fasting is the laying aside of food and drink for a period of time when a believer is seeking to know God in a deeper experience. It is to be done personally as an act on one's own pursuit of God (Exodus 34:28, 1 Samuel 7:6, 1 Kings 19:8, Matthew 6:17).

Fasting can be a time of seeking a deeper prayer experience and drawing near to God in prevailing prayer. The early church often fasted to seek God's will for leadership (Acts 13:2).

Biblical examples of fasting
- Moses: Exodus 34:27-28
- Samuel: 1 Samuel 7:5-6
- Elijah: 1 Kings 19:2, 8
- Nehemiah: Nehemiah 4:1-11
- Jesus: Matthew 4:1-11
- Ninevites: Jonah 3:5
- The Israelites: Leviticus 16:29
- David: 2 Samuel 1:11-12
- Esther: Esther 4:15-17
- Daniel: Daniel 9:3-4
- Cornelius: Acts 10:30

Benefits of Genuine Fasting
A. The presence of the supernatural: Matthew 4:2-4, 11
B. Knowing the will of God: Judges 20:26, 28
C. God's intervention: Nehemiah 1:4-11, Proverbs 21:1
D. God's protection: Ezra 8:21-23, 31-32
E. God's forgiveness: Joel 1:13-15, Jonah 3:4-10
F. Success in God-given Assignment: Matthew 4: 2-11, Esther 4:15-17, 9:1-3

Nice One. God Bless You!

But please, next time always reference your write up. That is, state the source. Plagiarism is a terrible offence.

Cheers!
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Haboseyday(f): 9:27am On Jan 18, 2016
VickyRotex:

Nice One. God Bless You!

But please, next time always reference your write up. That is, state the source. Plagiarism is a terrible offence.

Cheers!

Thanks
Will do just that next time
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by VickyRotex(f): 9:45am On Jan 18, 2016
Haboseyday:

Thanks
Will do just that next time

You're welcome!
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by vocalprince(m): 11:50am On Jan 18, 2016
Raymondenyi:

I suppose U are an Anglican and U worship at Christ Church Uwani, Enugu state. Better join us and fast well well. No fall hand at all. This year na our year. say Amen!!!!
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Image123(m): 11:57am On Jan 18, 2016
DarkHenrie:
Seriously, what kind of God requires you to starve for 21 or even 50days before answering your prayers? Is that a Good God? Will you starve your child for this long before giving them what they ask of you? People need to start using their brains. Ulcer is real!

Do you know a better God?
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by SHOCK7(m): 1:29pm On Jan 18, 2016
VickyRotex:

u hardly gave any scriptures backup 2 all d gibberish u said!
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by VickyRotex(f): 4:52pm On Jan 18, 2016
SHOCK7:

u hardly gave any scriptures backup 2 all d gibberish u said!

Hey! Never you call my opinion gibberish again.

I guess you need some glasses to see the scriptures listed above and the source I got that from below.

I've got better things to attend to, than arguing with you.

Don't quote me again!
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Kobojunkie: 7:08pm On May 31, 2023
God said He never asked any man to starve himself of food in order to obtain answers from Him - Isaiah 58 & Zechariah 7. undecided
Re: What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On Jun 01, 2023
VickyRotex:
■ That's the problem! Until you realise/understand that fasting isnt all about asking God for something/praying for something, then you'll be able to answer your question.
■ And fasting isnt about "Not eating food" just like you said above.
God never asked any man to starve themselves of food in order to hear from Him or know Him. So, I guess a good question would be to ask what exactly is the purpose of the starvation-diet fasts which God never in fact commanded of any man? undecided

2. Starvation-diet fasting is not about "Not eating food" then what is it about? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TB Joshua COMMANDS Calmness Upon South Africa! / Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? / "My Hero": Lizzy Johnson Suleman Releases Love Song For Apostle Suleman (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.