Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,064 members, 7,814,668 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Hey Everyone. This Just Has To Stop - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hey Everyone. This Just Has To Stop (1262 Views)

Check Out This Just Completed Road In Anambra / South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks / Oil-rich Nigeria Is Ready To Implode. There's One Way To Stop It- Financial Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hey Everyone. This Just Has To Stop by olafum1(m): 5:08pm On Jan 17, 2016
Yes. It has to stop

The earlier the better it is I call all our attention to an issue of national importance and regarding all of us as citizens of Nigeria.

It is no gain-say the 2015 general elections made history in the Nigeria Political system, whereby an opposition political party won the election and the candidate sworn in peacefully and successfully.

Meanwhile, a lot had ensued right after this, prominent is the division among the citizens, yes citizens, who bears the larger brunt of successive governments mismanagement and ineptitude; Some is now been regarded as the ‘Dullard’s Supporters’ while the others as the ‘Wailing Wailers’, all for the sake of voting or not voting for the present government.

However, the worst attitude of this all is some group who are wishing (praying) the present government fails just to drive home the point that they are right. And this is what irks me, hence this write up, to spur our attentions back to reasoning, sense, logic and rationality.

Suffice me to remind you that the country belongs to us all, and being a responsible citizen demands we contribute our quota in various ramification to ensure the Nation’s success. Winning and Losing elections is what happens everywhere and especially the democratic systems. In matured democracies the loser congratulates the winner and gets over it, wishing the winner a successful administration, and where there are infractions, redress are being sought in court.
But uncalled for and immaturity of the highest level is for the supporters of the losers (mind you, not even the loser) in every ways possible, now wishing and praying for the government to fail, as if it is not the failure of antecedent governments that resulted in the present economic difficulties. Now if this government fails, won’t your children share part of it in the future?

Also, for the religious type like me, it amazes me when I hear religious men/leaders partaking in this folly, as if they have forgotten that a leaf does not drop from a tree without God’s knowledge. How would a nation like Nigeria have a leader who is not God’s ordained?

So I will appeal to us all, it is time we sheath our swords and bring back our hope and trust for National Development. The Nation needs our support, the leader needs it as well as our children. Thank You.
Please share as deemed appropriate.

N.B. I am not a supporter of any party, so I am not paid for this. I am just the unemployed me, wishing life can be better for my types and the common man on the streets and in the villages.

Source. Me.

Lalasticlala,. What do u think?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hey Everyone. This Just Has To Stop by amunkita(m): 5:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
Pondering what essay this could be..

I know for sure it ain't argumentative essay..
Well, all the yearning of Most nigerians re give us Light, road nd job..
So if any like belong to Duulard generation or wailing wailer, it's none of my Bizness, in Igbo ogbasoromu..
Re: Hey Everyone. This Just Has To Stop by Nuells: 5:16pm On Jan 17, 2016
If Amadioha didn't strike for this write up then be lucky to receive dumbness for this lgbophobic article. Tell me where you were when trolls and APC zombies wished same failure for the passed govt or you don't knw that what goes around comes around bah?

1 Like

Re: Hey Everyone. This Just Has To Stop by ndcide(m): 5:33pm On Jan 17, 2016
olafum1:
Yes. It has to stop

The earlier the better it is I call all our attention to an issue of national importance and regarding all of us as citizens of Nigeria.
It is no gain-say the 2015 general elections made history in the Nigeria Political system, whereby an opposition political party won the election and the candidate sworn in peacefully and successfully.
Meanwhile, a lot had ensued right after this, prominent is the division among the citizens, yes citizens, who bears the larger brunt of successive governments mismanagement and ineptitude; Some is now been regarded as the ‘Dullard’s Supporters’ while the others as the ‘Wailing Wailers’, all for the sake of voting or not voting for the present government.
However, the worst attitude of this all is some group who are wishing (praying) the present government fails just to drive home the point that they are right. And this is what irks me, hence this write up, to spur our attentions back to reasoning, sense, logic and rationality.
Suffice me to remind you that the country belongs to us all, and being a responsible citizen demands we contribute our quota in various ramification to ensure the Nation’s success. Winning and Losing elections is what happens everywhere and especially the democratic systems. In matured democracies the loser congratulates the winner and gets over it, wishing the winner a successful administration, and where there are infractions, redress are being sought in court. But uncalled for and immaturity of the highest level is for the supporters of the losers (mind you, not even the loser) in every ways possible, now wishing and praying for the government to fail, as if it is not the failure of antecedent governments that resulted in the present economic difficulties. Now if this government fails, won’t your children share part of it in the future?
Also, for the religious type like me, it amazes me when I hear religious men/leaders partaking in this folly, as if they have forgotten that a leaf does not drop from a tree without God’s knowledge. How would a nation like Nigeria have a leader who is not God’s ordained?
So I will appeal to us all, it is time we sheath our swords and bring back our hope and trust for National Development. The Nation needs our support, the leader needs it as well as our children. Thank You.
Please share as deemed appropriate.
N.B. I am not a supporter of any party, so I am not paid for this. I am just the unemployed me, wishing life can be better for my types and the common man on the streets and in the villages.
Source. Me.

It can't end when the winner is not magnanimous in victory.

Not when the winner and his people gloat every second

Not when the winner and his people want all traces of their opponents wiped out.

Not when the winner feels those who didn't vote for him deserve nothing or less in a country he is expected to unite after a highly contentious election.

Not when the winner calls on the defeated at every narrative and heating up the polity when healing is expected.

Not when the winner also wished the defeated failure at some point. Even in a war that was happening in his region.

Not when people like Sagay stay in the presidency and make divisive statements when convergence and healing is expected.

It's is the responsibility of the leader to ensure truce. Not really the other way round.

It's is left for the leader to ensure he doesn't fail. No amount of blame on his predecessor will change that.

You can't take glory in a field ploughed by your predecessor and blame your failure on him.

The reason the present leader and his gang have continued to gloat and blame his predecessor rather than unifying the country and moving forward is because the ruling party changed. It wouldn't have been so if it was the same party.

Secondly is incompetence.

1 Like

Re: Hey Everyone. This Just Has To Stop by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 17, 2016
What da hell is this?

1 Like

Re: Hey Everyone. This Just Has To Stop by olafum1(m): 5:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
ndcide:

All I am saying is, we as the citizens have responsibilities to wish and strive for a better country. If those people you mentioned above are driving us apart, it is the same way some did with ethnicity and religion before 2015 general elections. the funny thing is, they will keep on doing so just to remain in power while we continue feeling the heat.
Now is the time for us to be united as seen in advanced/matured democracy so we can easily hold this people accountable for all their misdeeds, I believe a day of reckoning is imminent for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Hey Everyone. This Just Has To Stop by olafum1(m): 5:55pm On Jan 17, 2016
amunkita:
Pondering what essay this could be..

I know for sure it ain't argumentative essay..
Well, all the yearning of Most nigerians re give us Light, road nd job..
So if any like belong to Duulard generation or wailing wailer, it's none of my Bizness, in Igbo ogbasoromu..

Lol. About the type of essay, I can't say as I'm not a grammarian.
But hope u captured the message, I once lose hope about the country situation but I still think things can be better for us all
Re: Hey Everyone. This Just Has To Stop by segunoz(m): 7:09am On Jan 18, 2016
This is not yet on FP because
1) The OP didn't kill a snake 2) The post is not about Don jazzy or Olamide 3) this is not a dumb post about some confused relationship palava. 4) It is not a picture about 9ice's family, Linda ikeji's house 5) The post is not about some yeye twitter fight.
FP or not, the OP is on point. Pray for Nigeria. Stop romancing doom.
Re: Hey Everyone. This Just Has To Stop by frankyychiji(f): 7:49am On Jan 18, 2016
Op, you have a lot of unnecessary time in your hands oo...whether anybody wished the present or past administrations well or not, the point is for any government in power to carry everybody along and deliver on not only their campaign promises but even surpass it. Its unfortunate Apc has taught Nigerians how not to be in opposition, they forgot that what goes around comes around. Let them live with the monster they created.

(1) (Reply)

Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe / We’re Not Settlers, Ijaws In Edo Insist / No Social Infrastructures In INI Local Government Area Of Akwa Ibom State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.