Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe (1264 Views)

Please Stop Embarrassing The Igbo By Joe Igbokwe / Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe / PDP Raises Rallying Cry - Says PMB Not Equipped To Lead In A Democracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by zik4ever: 2:19pm On Jan 26, 2016
I am writing this piece as Joe Igbokwe not as APC Publicity Secretary Lagos State. I am writing as an independent writer and a public commentator on national affairs. Please permit me to air my views before we swear in Alhaji Yahaya Bello who never won the governorship election in Kogi State. The System may have decided in their own wisdom to swear in Mr Bello but l want history to record that l saw a travesty and an aberration coming and raised an alarm. The alarm may be ignored but history which neither personal wealth or power can circumvent will be my witness.

The truth here and nothing but the truth is that the late Chief Abubakar Audu/ James Abiodun Faleke won the November 21 2015 Governor election fair and square before Audu's death in the early hours of Sunday,November 22 2015. When the news filtered into the public space that Audu had died what the State INEC Returning Officer, Professor Emmanuel Kucha would have done is to do an urgent truthful and honest consultations, carry out a simple Arithmetic, check the number of registered voters, check the number of those with PVCs in 91 polling Units. The world was told that there are 49,000 Registered Voters in the remaining 91 polling Units and out of that 49,000 Voters only 25,000 have PVCs. But the late Audu was leading with 41,000 votes. Assuming that all the 25,000 persons with PVCs voted for PDP, Abubakar Audu would still have beaten Governor Wada silly with 16,000 votes. This professor turned sound reasoning upside down by saying the election was inconclusive and ordered for supplementary election in the remaining 91 polling units. Now what was the result ? Only about 10,000 votes were garnered in the futile exercise that wasted everybody's precious gift of time, energy, money, strength and power.

Now a combination of ethnic politics, Primordial sentiments, and fear of the unknown led APC Kogi and APC National to do the unthinkable by pushing Alhaji Bello who lost the primaries, and may not have supported the APC candidate in the cause of the elections proper to steal the mandate won by Prince Audu and James Faleke in a keenly contested exercise fraught with excruciating pains , doubts, apprehension,anxiety, fatigue, panic and unease . What was their excuse? Faleke did not partake in the primaries. Now do Deputy Governors take part in Primaries? This is the absurdity that led to the emergence of an interloper and intruder, Alhaji Bello. After the travesty, I saw BELLO's Family members singing and dancing the music titled 'Na God Win'. No, No, our God is a God of justice and equity. You cannot reap where you did not sow . Another will not plant and another will harvest.

I rely like other eminent Lawyers in Nigeria who are not being economical with the truth on Section 181 (1)of the Constitution that says' if a person duly elected as Governor dies before taking and subscribing the oath of allegiance and oath of office, or is unable for any reason whatsoever to be sworn in , the person elected with him as the deputy governor shall be sworn in as governor and he shall nominate a new deputy governor who shall be appointed by the governor with the approval of a simple majority of house of the assembly of the state' I rely on this because the election had been won and lost before Prince Audu died. This has been proved beyond reasonable doubts by the miserable outcome of the useless supplementary election. This grave injustice and open stealing of another person's mandate taking cover in a confusing and complicated Document called the Electoral Act. They tell me in the Human rights community that when a law structured in such a way that it will encourage injustice the law must be broken. In international jurisprudence they say It is better to set 1000 criminals free that to convict one innocent person.

The shenanigans and ethnic champions in Kogi State never bothered to think about the huge sacrifices and pains Prince Audu went through to win the election. They have not cared to remember that he went into elections with ill health and still managed to come out victorious through dint of hardwork though he died thereafter. Did any of these people bother to think about the family he left behind? What about what he expended in the cause of the elections? Did Bello transverse the length ad breathe of Kogi State canvassing for votes as did Audu and Faleke ? Did Bello support APC during the election? What is going to happen in Kogi State on Wednesday January 27 2015 frightens me as an activist and believer in equity and social justice. It worries me to the marrows that there is deafening silence in town as if all the decent men and women who should speak out have suddenly lost their steam and voices. I am told that the truth that must be spoken never forgives silence. Evil triumph in any society when good men do nothing.

I know fully well that Supreme Court of Nigeria will do the needful when Faleke gets there in the fullness of time. Audu/ Faleke got the majority of votes in Kogi governorship election and got the mandate to preside over the affairs in that state for four years. That Faleke refused to accept the poisoned chalice as deputy governor should serve as a signal to the interlopers and intruders in Kogi that Wednesday event is not the end of the matter. Those dancing the music 'Na God Win' are using the name of God in vain. They will dance 'Our God Na God of Justice'when the chips are down. James Faleke please go to sleep. You are the owner of the game when common sense returns even though common sense is not common. I rest my case.

Joe Igbokwe

Lagos
http://saharareporters.com/2016/01/26/can-we-allow-travesty-kogi-state-stand-democracy-joe-igbokwe

1 Like

Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by babyfaceafrica: 2:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
K
Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by Danzakidakura(m): 2:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
idiot I never know you have sense like this.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by Episteme2(m): 2:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
He just spoke Tinubu's mind. He made sense though.
Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by JingoOAU(m): 2:42pm On Jan 26, 2016
I was even told that the state REC waited for AUDU's death to be confirmed before calling for bye election in some part of the state.

The total of people with PVC in the affected areas were much lesser than the votes Audu is using to lead Wada. So how can a reasonable Professor cancel the election

In as much I don't like this Joe Igbokwe, the truth of the matter is that what's going on in Kogi state is a well-planned orchestrated coup to favour some set of people in the state.

How can a man who openly campaigned and voted against APC and Audu suddenly inherits Audu's vote....Oyegun's days are numbered as the National Chairman of APC with his shenanigans so far

3 Likes

Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by Emperorone(m): 2:43pm On Jan 26, 2016
Danzakidakura:
idiot I never know you have sense like this.

Guy one bottle of origin for you grin

1 Like

Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by Goke7: 2:45pm On Jan 26, 2016
Igbokwe should allow the courts to decide please.
Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:47pm On Jan 26, 2016
I NO WAN CHOP BAN AGAIN, AMINAT508, WHERE MIDOLIAN DAY SINCE?
Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by seunmsg(m): 2:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
Justice can only be delayed in this case, it can't be denied. I believe in Nigeria's judicial system and I am very confident that justice will be served eventually.

Yahaya Bello and his gang of usurpers can enjoy their pyrrhic victory while it last, eventually, Faleke will laugh last. This is a regime of change and not of travesty of justice. The daylight robbery will not stand.

5 Likes

Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by Psalm18: 2:56pm On Jan 26, 2016
The vandalism of norms and morality started when APC leadership turned a blind eye to Audu sleeze running into billions of dollars. His case was still going through the court processes and Joe Igbokwe should have issued a strident missive like this one warning APC of the moral burden fielding Audu.

He kept quiet then

Seeing it was a dog eat dog affairs, at the untimely death of Audu, the APC faction in Abuja to checkmate Tinubu foisted Yahaya Bello.

I have more sympathy for the people of Kogi and the years of poor leadership and not Joe who by the way conveniently sidestepped the issue surrounding Faleke and his position as both a legislator and deputy governor.
What say you, Mr. Igbokwe , should Faleke not have relinquished his seat in the national assembly based on morals and decency?

1 Like

Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
Joe Igbokwe spoke absolute thrash. Atimes I wonder the genetic coding of this mad man coz I highly doubt he is Igbo.

Trust the mundane African man to use God only when it suits him and expect the other not to do so. What concerns Baba God for this matter again? Mr Joezebel Igbokwe, where were you and your god when the APC whom you are a member, forced Audu on the poor people of Kogi? Even though he embezzled billions? Where were you when that Faleke of a man was running for deputy governor even though he still had his representative mandate? Where is that travesty done in the world?

Anyway back to the issues you raised, I can only say that you uttered complete balderdash.. Nonsense. Please you people should stop arm twisting what really happened. The truth of the matter which the likes of you have continued to deny is that though Audu may have won the election in principle, Technically he has not! This is so because he died before he was declared a winner as demanded by the electoral act! So your scenario of naming Faleke his automatic successor does not apply. Had it been Audu has been declared winner and he dies before swearing in, then you might have a case.

Faleke cannot on the other hand be selected because as the electoral act in the constitution says; Faleke did not participate in the primaries! Thats where the confusion lies! If APC should go ahead and select him, not only that those who contested in APC gubernatorial primaries will sue them but even PDP will have a big case! Why do you think Ekwunife was booted out in Anambra? Even though she "won" the general Anambra central senatorial election? Because she is a product of a non existent PDP primary election!

So Mr Man, simply go and sit down! If there is anybody to blame, blame the useless Nigerian laws!

1 Like

Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by swtdrms(m): 3:10pm On Jan 26, 2016
Supporters of the Yahya Bello act are just been biased and somehow mischievous, For the simple reasons and fact that Yahya Bello didn't stand with his party and allowed PDP win his territory is enough to deny him any benefit within the APC. All i can see is a way to cut Tinubu influences in the state and Apc at National level. Am never a fan of Tinubu, but am always in support of equity and fairness.
And to the Ebira ethnic tribe, this could be opportunistic in their favour, but the fact is that they never merited it. I can remember vividly in my office, as soon Yahya Bello lost the primary, they all distanced themselves from APC as if this isn't the same APC they supported wholeheartedly at the presidential and i can remember one Oga lecturing his Ebira tribesmen about how to go about issues in politics when you are in minority. Anyway, lets see how it plays out at the Supreme Court.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by Herald47: 3:16pm On Jan 26, 2016
A party formed with kurukere people will always display a kurukere movements.

1 Like

Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by modath(f): 3:16pm On Jan 26, 2016
I only hope all the power tussle is for the benefit of the ordinary Kogites..... sad

1 Like

Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by BeardedMeat(m): 3:19pm On Jan 26, 2016
Joe igbokwe is only acting the script of his paymaster in Lagos. The issue at hand is not a morality issue but a legal one. Kogi people have chosen their leader, I wonder why you lot cannot respect that.

1 Like

Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by BeardedMeat(m): 3:22pm On Jan 26, 2016
modath:

I only hope all the power tussle is for the benefit of the ordinary Kogites..... sad
Modath I can read your mind cos its so easy to read, why are you speaking in a muffled voice? Say it as it is biko.
Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by vedaxcool(m): 3:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
The unfortunate thing here is that the person tribalizing the whole incident is you Joe Igbogwe, the best thing we can all let happen is to wait for the judgement of the courts to determine whether or not the appropriate decision(s) were made. Outside that is simply playing up passions and sentimentality.

swtdrms:
[s]Supporters of the Yahya Bello act are just been biased and somehow mischievous, For the simple reasons and fact that Yahya Bello didn't stand with his party and allowed PDP win his territory is enough to deny him any benefit within the APC. All i can see is a way to cut Tinubu influences in the state and Apc at National level. Am never a fan of Tinubu, but am always in support of equity and fairness.
And to the Ebira ethnic tribe, this could be opportunistic in their favour, but the fact is that they never merited it. I can remember vividly in my office, as soon Yahya Bello lost the primary, they all distanced themselves from APC as if this isn't the same APC they supported wholeheartedly at the presidential and i can remember one Oga lecturing his Ebira tribesmen about how to go about issues in politics when you are in minority. Anyway, lets see how it plays out at the Supreme Cour[/s]t.

So the Faleke wasn't also being opportunistic trying to succeed Audu? Why is the average Nigerian so plagued by wanton dishonesty, How does one man's action equates his tribe? Tribalism is a virus that clouds rational and sensible thought!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by Achuwa1(m): 3:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
Joe igbokwe is my brother,but he is a big fool,a saboteaur & a disgrace to the igbo nation...
what concerns him & wat kogi ppl have decided to do with their state.does he see any kogi indigene mingling or speaking about any wrangling in the igbo nation..
we are waiting for him in the east unless he wants to acquire sw citizenship & stay their forever.,
Tinubu is Apc head,so if he wants his boy faleke to be governor of kogi state,let him go there & slug it out with the kogi ppl or is he scared of them.,so it is now joe igbokwe tht will speak for tinubu & faleke abi,,
i think joe igbokwe has lost his igbo manhood & maybe he now has anoda region manhood under him..

3 Likes

Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by modath(f): 3:38pm On Jan 26, 2016
BeardedMeat:
Modath I can read your mind cos its so easy to read, why are you speaking in a muffled voice? Say it as it is biko.

Since your dibia has made you the king of my my consciousness, go ahead and speak my mind..... you think i care who rules kogi? sad , where dem dey share bacon give alfa? smiley

All that is clear to me is that APC just tried to play it safe, that whoever the supreme court backs will still be a member of their party....

BTW, what is your real moniker?

3 Likes

Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by christopher123(m): 3:53pm On Jan 26, 2016
Joe igbokwe has lost it

I feel so ashamed that I come from same state with Hi. And same senatorial zone

What a lost
Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
Mr Joe Igbokwe has spoken well. The nomination of Yahaya Bello as inheritor of a mandate that he was never part of. I have always maintained that Yahaya Bello is an unsurper and his nomination is a threat and an embarrassment to democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by BeardedMeat(m): 4:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
modath:

Since your dibia has made you the king of my my consciousness, go ahead and speak my mind..... you think i care who rules kogi? sad , where dem dey share bacon give alfa? smiley

All that is clear to me is that APC just tried to play it safe, that whoever the supreme court backs will still be a member of their party....

BTW, what is your real moniker?
OK. In your voice, ayaff heard! Which one is real moniker again?
Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by idinye(m): 6:53pm On Jan 26, 2016
Though the law is not explicit on what happens if a candidate in a governorship or presidential dies in the course of the election, I believe the spirit of the law that says that in case the winner of the eletion dies and unavailabie to be sworn in, his or her deputy in the election should take over the post should apply here. I sense here that APC might be playing safe not to fall for any legal loophole that can be exploited by PDP making the party to pick Bello who came 2nd in the primaries for the supplementary election
Re: Can We Allow The Travesty In Kogi State To Stand In A Democracy? By Joe Igbokwe by seunmsg(m): 7:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
Achuwa1:
Joe igbokwe is my brother,but he is a big fool,a saboteaur & a disgrace to the igbo nation...
what concerns him & wat kogi ppl have decided to do with their state.does he see any kogi indigene mingling or speaking about any wrangling in the igbo nation..
we are waiting for him in the east unless he wants to acquire sw citizenship & stay their forever.,
Tinubu is Apc head,so if he wants his boy faleke to be governor of kogi state,let him go there & slug it out with the kogi ppl or is he scared of them.,so it is now joe igbokwe tht will speak for tinubu & faleke abi,,
i think joe igbokwe has lost his igbo manhood & maybe he now has anoda region manhood under him..

So, you prefer Igbokwe to keep quiet in the face of injustice simply because the beneficiary of his speaking up is a Tinubu boy? They say injustice to one is injustice to all and injustice somewhere is injustice everywhere.

We must learn to support what we naturally perceive is right and just irrespective of political differences. If everybody keeps quiet and Bello gets away with this usurpation, a very bad precedence will be set that may affect your state tomorrow. That's why it is better to speak up now and demand that justice be done.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapping In FESTAC, Igbo Factor And Police - Vanguard / They Came Into Their Wedding Reception In A Tractor. Lol. See More Photos After / Governor Fayose Was Banned From Entering US Over Corruption, Political Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.