Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,975 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters (48858 Views)

G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria / Olukoya Set To Lose Mountain Of Fire Prayer City - Sahara Reporters. / Ten Ways That Show That Your Prophet Or Prophetess Is Fake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by allanphash7(m): 10:12am On Jan 18, 2016
Nobody holy pass bro
enoch701:

becos he preach wat u don't like
'HOLINESS'
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by hayzed1090: 10:13am On Jan 18, 2016
agya1:
Sometimes I just get confused about these men of God, yet can't speak cos they're "God's anointed".
Only last Sunday in the RCCG parish I worship, it was announced that folks interested in having a dinner with the "Daddy G.O" as he's normally called should pay an Access fee of N20k. Was left confused about the whole thing though as to why the "N20k Access fee"? Why must every thing be about money? Just wondering though

Bro... are u serious?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by mrspeaker: 10:23am On Jan 18, 2016
Na this kind write up spark up muslim faithful some years back in the northern part of nigerian and other muslim countries. what is your own?

If you cannot give allow those who can to give to do so. Abi pst Adeboye force you or call ur name to give or donate money.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 18, 2016
Psalms 105:15

Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by Weah96: 11:40am On Jan 18, 2016
Maurz:
Psalms 105:15

Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm.

Nonsense. Who is the anointed and how do you know?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by MhzzKay(f): 11:46am On Jan 18, 2016
hayzed1090:

Bro... are u serious?
. Do you know that in 10 people that come out to give a pledge only abt 5 or 6 of them actually pay the vow...dat man feeds thousands of people in every convention,congress or any meeting that has to do with the church...dats whr all those funds go into or hv yu hrd any1 say we donated for the church building n we havnt seen it....currently thrs a new auditorium undergoing construction,m not sure yu can trek from the back to the front its very massive.........let's not judge until we see things for ourselves
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 18, 2016
emmasege:
This is exactly why I don't like listening to him . His so-called sermons are full of testimonies. There's usually a dearth of rhema in his sermons, and when I don't discover such in any preacher I switch over. Personally, I'd rather watch a boring nollywood movie than listen to him. Men of God of his stature should be full of rhema in their sermons and not questionable testimonies. My likes among Nigerian men of God are Pastors Kumuyi, Oritsejafor, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo. I get the needed rhema anytime I listen to those.
May God help us. I went to the program with high expectations because it was the first time I would attend any of his programs live but honestly I was disappointed (maybe my expectations were too high sha).

For those thinking this is an assault on the church or the person of pastor Adeboye please let us be objective. Elevating any human being above the most high God as to not question things we do not understand about him is borderline idolatry. He is not God.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by Weah96: 12:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
MhzzKay:
. Do you know that in 10 people that come out to give a pledge only abt 5 or 6 of them actually pay the vow...dat man feeds thousands of people in every convention,congress or any meeting that has to do with the church...dats whr all those funds go into or hv yu hrd any1 say we donated for the church building n we havnt seen it....currently thrs a new auditorium undergoing construction,m not sure yu can trek from the back to the front its very massive.........let's not judge until we see things for ourselves

STFU. You're only alive because there is no Bible god. I wouldn't continue deceive people like that though, if I were you. Karma is a MF.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by BABANGBALI: 12:16pm On Jan 18, 2016
i only came here to read comments,especially from the childrens of daddy GO grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by transient123(m): 12:19pm On Jan 18, 2016
kekakuz:
[size=20pt] that is it
The last straw
I don't even have to read this trash
Nairaland moderator are taking Christians for granted
You don't see shiiits like this about Islam on Friday on front page
This is bullshitt
Seun please do something about this before you are implicated [/size]

No need screaming, truth is better.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by BABANGBALI: 12:23pm On Jan 18, 2016
agya1:
Sometimes I just get confused about these men of God, yet can't speak cos they're "God's anointed".
Only last Sunday in the RCCG parish I worship, it was announced that folks interested in having a dinner with the "Daddy G.O" as he's normally called should pay an Access fee of N20k. Was left confused about the whole thing though as to why the "N20k Access fee"? Why must every thing be about money? Just wondering though
hahahahahahaha daddy GO don turn to baba keresi (father Christmas) be dat grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by jeff1607(m): 12:44pm On Jan 18, 2016
if missionaries of old were so money conscious, I don't think the so called current pastors would have been educated, because now the pastors schools are so expensive that a commoner can't afford to pay the bills,but yet they want offerings from dem, but the only put in prayers the rich for God to bless them more. give to the needy,love those around you,tho u can't please everyone. all religion preaches love and giving to the needy. one God

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by seunthomas: 12:45pm On Jan 18, 2016
Of all the men of God in Nigeria, Pastor Adeboye i can vouch for. I don't attend RCCG but have studied this man very well. He is an embodiment of my own perception of Christ(humility). As for your statement on prophesy, a prophesy in many cases is a vision from God and sometimes our frail minds may not be able to understand or interprete it correctly. That a prophesy does not happen or come through does not mean that the prophet is not a "real prophet" or did not hear from God. We need to be careful though about our statements towards men of God. Except you receive and undoubting conviction that a man of God is not from God, you should be careful not to speak against them, cause by so doing you speak against God. Their are obvious signs to watch out for in any proclaimed man of God. One of the most important is Humility(The kind that cant be faked). If a man has reached a very high height in service to God and does not have this humility, then something is very wrong somewhere. There are many examples of men of God at the height of service who dont have this humility. I wont name names.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by nafada2: 1:17pm On Jan 18, 2016
The message of the cross is foolishness to them that perish. May God forgive you for ur attack on the man of God.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by Weah96: 1:23pm On Jan 18, 2016
nafada2:
The message of the cross is foolishness to them that perish. May God forgive you for ur attack on the man of God.

Who declared him the MOG?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by kefi: 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2016
Please, this is a man of God. Let us respect our men of God.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 18, 2016
Lol........wetin Islam do una? Islam this, Islam that....You know you can actually make this same statement and pass your message across without mentioning or comparing Islam.

kekakuz:
[size=20pt] that is it
The last straw
This is bullshitt

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by Manofvalor1: 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2016
I remain non-comittal to the issue of prophecies as made by nigerian pastors. They claim to hear from let God be the judge whether they heard from him or not. But on the area where the writer/op said that miracles cannot happen and he said how can people believe that evil spirits can cause disease. I want to say the op does not know anything about africa and nigeria. And i must say he is still a learner in many areas. And its best to keep sillent on things you know nothing about instead of making foolish blunders.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by charlsecy(m): 2:00pm On Jan 18, 2016
agya1:
Who told you?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 18, 2016
agya1:

Oh you reside in Ph...the partnership with God program holds every year.
Lol
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 18, 2016
hayzed1090:

Bro... are u serious?
Yes oh,that's the norm here in pH every year.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by DrJhoe: 2:50pm On Jan 18, 2016
Foremost I wish to thank the writer for expressing his mind on the subject of 2016 prophesies. But may I ask the writer why zeroing on Pastor Adeboye? Is he the only one who prophesied into the new year. This is only a way to express the impact God make through this unassuming man of God on many including Raymond 'the smart Alick'. We mortals easily forget that the ways of God are beyond finding out. I think anyone who reasons the way this writer does is beginning to suffer from acute dementia. Other wise how can a man begin to question the existence of God. Let him be told that in a bid to vent anger on a man of God one can be fighting against the God of man. This is madness:it is like kicking against sharp iron prices with barefoot. If Raymond had missed a flight because of traffic jam on Lagos express way, was it the fault of Pastor Adeboye or the impatient road users who would not obey traffic rules? Let Raymond note that humans are intelligent, if they do not feel positively impacted by the ministry of a preacher, I trust they will not go through the stress of gathering all the time when he calls a meeting. Let any one who cares note that it is suicidal to fight God. He gave us the small box we call head and its content. He touches it and we are in trouble. Let Raymond read about people far greater than his forefathers who tows this line and how God dealt with them. Nebuchadnezar became demented and ate grass for 7years Herod was eaten up by worms alive not to mention men in our contemporary time.
To put such rubbish as this on a Frontline is nothing but beating the drum of war in peace. Only a FOOL say there is no God! (Psalm 53:1)

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by Jazzlite: 6:31pm On Jan 18, 2016
stop playing babaijebu

Dindondin:

We need answers.
Genuine ones.
All these prophecies are looking like permutations.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by Jazzlite: 6:34pm On Jan 18, 2016
... do you know how much the christians contributed to send those missionaries to Africa?....

and you think they built those schools of then with stones?

jeff1607:
if missionaries of old were so money conscious, I don't think the so called current pastors would have been educated, because now the pastors schools are so expensive that a commoner can't afford to pay the bills,but yet they want offerings from dem, but the only put in prayers the rich for God to bless them more. give to the needy,love those around you,tho u can't please everyone. all religion preaches love and giving to the needy. one God
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by Fissyspecial21(m): 7:48pm On Jan 18, 2016
Well, as much as the writer of this post logically construct his argument, I would also plead that he should consider the weight of the man he's attacking. We all know that Nigerians are highly religious and their behavioural pattern is influenced by religion. Let us continue to apply diplomacy. All in all, I still respect Pastor E. A Adeboye and I believe he's truly a God sent but when I'm in the church, I put on my thinking cap and I still scrutinize every words that comes from men of God. The Bible is the best guide. Long live Daddy G. O as he's fondly called.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by jeff1607(m): 9:29pm On Jan 18, 2016
Jazzlite:
... do you know how much the christians contributed to send those missionaries to Africa?....

and you think they built those schools of then with stones?

the christians sent them to african and did the Africans paid extensively or through their nose to get educated just as we haave now? if all pastors contributes to a greater cause affecting the masses positively,dont u think everyone won't bother contributing theirs also?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by MrCork: 10:09pm On Jan 18, 2016
handsomeclouds:
Pastor Adeboye's prophecies for 2016 are no different from his previous ones - he has managed to keep everything fuzzed up and has avoided being specific so as not to incriminate himself in the future. However, there is one item on his list that requires scrutiny because I believe it shows Pastor Adeboye to be a manipulative person. I shall return to this in a moment.
Pastor Adeboye
First, let us build a quick picture of the man. Pastor Adeboye is probably the most influential pastor in Nigeria. His church has branches in almost 100 countries around the world, with an estimated 14,000 churches in Nigeria alone. The Redeemed Camp is responsible for perennial traffic congestion on the Lagos-Ibadan motorway because of where it is situated and the sheer size of the congregation that worships there. Whether the church has done enough to forestall this problem and alleviate the sufferings of road users is a subject for another day. Pastor Adeboye's fund raising methods are a cause for concern. He announced plans in 2013 to build a church auditorium of approximately 3km in length (http://dailypost.ng/2013/08/14/three-kilometer-auditorium-angry-nigerians-blast-adeboye-say-n1billion-per-person-donation-is-criminal/). To fund the project, he told his followers: "We need N1 billion from ten people . . . We also need N100 million from those who can afford it. Please see my secretary." How many hard-working people with unquestionable source of income would dole out money on a project like that which will not yield any returns for them? This behaviour encourages corruption - the thieves who steal our commonwealth will see this as an act of buying penance from God. Pastor Adeboye is importunate - he never tires of using mental gimmicks to persuade his members to give him money. Only last month, he was reported to have told them: "Let me tell you the truth, the only reason we still take offerings is to get you out of poverty. When you give offerings you’re sending money to heaven." A few years ago, he claimed that he drove his car without fuel from Ore to Lagos to a thunderous applause from his congregation. It beggars belief that anyone would believe this story. To complete the picture, take a look at his 2015 prophecies and decide for yourselves whether he made any ground-breaking predictions or if he just played safe by refusing to make specific statements. (https://secure.saharareporters.com/2015/01/02/end-year-prophecies-ijabla-raymond#.VKbHn0sJtN4.wordpress). Notice that he had prophesied: "Daddy (referring to God) says all over the world insurgencies will be considerately weakened." The terrorist activities of jihadi groups like ISIS, Boko Haram (BH) and al-Shabab in 2015 do not support this prediction. This observation alone completely invalidates his claim of speaking the mind of God.

Let's return to the 2016 prophecies which can be found on the church's website: http://rccg.org/prophesies-for-year-2016/. Pastor Adeboye prophesied that, "a new sexually transmitted disease will surface." But he does not disclose that he received this revelation from newspapers and medical journals. British researchers announced late last year the discovery of a "new" sexually transmitted disease (STD) called mycoplasma genitalium (http://www.nhs.uk/news/2015/11November/Pages/New-sexually-transmitted-infection-MG-may-be-widespread.aspx). It is worth noting that pastor Adeboye does not give the name of the new STD and its causative organism like researchers always do. Does God whom he claims to speak for not know this information? Why does he not specify where, how and when the disease will surface? How bizarre for an omni-benevolent God to announce the emergence of a new disease but not the cure? Curiously, God was also silent about BH and the abducted Chibok girls, the fall in the price of crude oil and its effect on our economy, the agitation for the state of Biafra, climate change, the conflict in Syria. Pastor Adeboye's prophecies portray God as someone who is always silent on the issues with real implications for our daily existence. That, of course, is based on the assumption that God exists and that He speaks to the pastor. I could never understand how someone can know the mind of an entity they cannot even prove exists. What is obvious is that pastor Adeboye, like the rest of his fellow prophets, relies on the BBC, CNN and other news media to formulate his prophecies.  
The reason this situation bothers me is because literally tens of millions of Nigerians believe that God speaks through this man. Accordingly, the choices they make in life are guided by every word he speaks. Collectively, Adeboye and his fellow pastopreneurs have turned a generation of Nigerians into magical thinkers and have destroyed critical thinking. Even our universities and other centres of learning are not immune from their destructive influence - believe it or not there are professors who believe that prayers can make a car drive without fuel just as pastor Adeboye proposed; that diseases can be caused by evil spirits; that witches and wizards are responsible for infertility; and so on.  

Thankfully, the days of lying to Nigerians are drawing to a close. Information is the greatest weapon against ignorance, fear, superstitions and exploitations. Nigerians now have access to the internet and can easily cross check facts. By this time next year, we would know if a new STD has been discovered and if indeed God speaks to pastor Adeboye. 

Ijabla Raymond is a medical doctor and he writes from the UK. He can be contacted at ijabijay@me.com or Ijabla.Raymond@facebook.com
http://saharareporters.com/2016/01/15/pastor-adeboye-prophet-or-imposter-candid-look-his-2016-prophecies-ijabla-raymond

^^^^too many anti Christ on nairaland... I wonder America wants to ban all Muslims followed by my great country..London city...and hopefully our great nigeria do the same ting!! (Freeedom of speech & excpreesssion)...no oofeense! angry
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by H2Ossss(m): 11:34pm On Jan 18, 2016
hmmmm.... the grace of God truly abounds.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by Mushy2015: 12:09am On Jan 19, 2016
Adeboye from head to toe is a scam, father of all thieves
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by ericmor: 12:43am On Jan 19, 2016
IHate9ja1:

Oh you reside in Ph...the partnership with God program holds every year.
Lol
But I didn't see u write anything about daddy G.O collecting d money and you have the right to ask your pastor wat d money is really used for rather than getting yourself confused.
May be little can be done without money in dis world of today, but I think money is needed to do things
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by nairamaniac: 2:05pm On Jan 19, 2016
kekakuz:
[size=20pt] that is it
The last straw
This is bullshitt

I'm a christian. malams talk their members granted (financially) as our pastors do.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 21, 2016
Maximus85:

No human can live for 14days without food. Ask your doctor. I'm not gonna judge but how sure are you that they don't eat? Be sincere.
But I have done it more than once. It's part of my detoxification ritual.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Santa Claus' Grave Is Found Under A Church In Turkey (photos) / This Is What To Do If Your Girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex / RCCG City Of David Opens Dating Site For Mature Singles Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.