Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Telecommunications Professionals Zone - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Telecommunications Professionals Zone (112417 Views)

PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications / Human Resource Professionals: / Cwna & Telecommunications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by noelaking(f): 5:16pm On Oct 22, 2009
wanted male/female marketer, experienced (in hospitality business) supervisor, manager, storekeeper. for further information call 08134806296, 094825395
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by noelaking(f): 5:23pm On Oct 22, 2009
wanted male/female marketer, experienced (in hospitality business) supervisor, manager, storekeeper. for further information call 08134806296, 094825395
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by noelaking(f): 5:25pm On Oct 22, 2009
wanted male/female marketer, experienced (in hospitality business) supervisor, manager, storekeeper, accountant. for further information call 08134806296, 094825395
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by salihuali1(m): 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2009
Dude!
is the a way to stop this spamming/off-point poster, arrgh!
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by palama: 10:42am On Oct 30, 2009
EDen Apartmen
We aim to provide the highest level of service to make your stay as pleasurable and relaxing as possible, whether it be for pleasure or business. We therefore make sure your apartment has the latest facilities in it for your use.

AT EDen Apartmen we give you the best and moden Decoration/Desing for yous homes, Hotels, Office, Marriage Receptions, Birthday Parties, .etc

Contact us On: 08051717963,
simpleinterios@yahoo.com
www dot EDENAPARTMEN dot WEBS dot COM
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by ade2kay(m): 6:23pm On Oct 30, 2009
@salihu_ali, please post your office address, let me come copy your stuff and exchange with some of mine.
Tnx
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by eosho: 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2009
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by LARRYBIYI: 12:49am On Nov 04, 2009
Mr Salihu pls am new on this site but i need the CWNA STUDY GUIDE my email is larrybiyi@yahoo.co.uk .Thanks[color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by salihuali1(m): 11:58am On Nov 04, 2009
Hello, LARRYBIYI. check your mail. They're all forwards, let me know if I skipped any chapter.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by tucute: 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2009
I am a four years experienced Core Network Engineer with Huawei. Technologies, Responsible for the MSC, HLR, MGW,NGN configurations and installation, Also work on the IGWB for CDR generation and I work hand in hand with the Intelligent Network for billing related faults,
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by okuya: 6:48pm On Nov 05, 2009
Hello all turnkey site contractors in the house call me for ur bulk diesel water seperators , all brands like GUD, Baldwin-Dahl etc @ d cheapest price ( I'll refund u if u find them cheaper anywhere in the country)
call Odi Ivestments 08036880942
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by AjanleKoko: 8:41am On Nov 06, 2009
tucute:

I am a four years experienced Core Network Engineer with Huawei. Technologies, Responsible for the MSC, HLR, MGW,NGN configurations and installation, Also work on the IGWB for CDR generation and I work hand in hand with the Intelligent Network for billing related faults,

Hi there,
Working on a project in Nigeria?
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Isuata: 8:59am On Nov 09, 2009
@tucute

welcome sir, pls wia re you located so as to know how we can enjoy your wealth of knowledge(seriosly i hope its abuja)?
welcom once again
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by lasunk: 9:09pm On Nov 15, 2009
Hi, I've been following your subject for the past 1 week and I really enjoy it.
I work with Huawei ass CDMA/BSS engineer since april last year, Since outsourcing most of us around July this year, It has become hard to advance my career with Huawei cos it is hard to travel out of Lagos with the meagre travel allowance offerered to those outsourced with most of our work outside Lagos, and it's now tough to get a job with a CDMA operator because of the economic recess. Now I'm bored with my job and I dearly wan't a change in career within the telecom industry, My first Plan is to get PMP certified before the end of this year and travel to India with my savings for training and certification in RHCE (I heard it's one of the toughest certification in the world).

Do U think RHCE is a good Idea?
What field of telecom will RHCE find it's use?
Any advise for an adventurer like me?
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Inglewood: 10:44pm On Nov 15, 2009
@Lasunk

Though I'm not familiar with the Red Hat certification, it seems it leans towards systems administration and programming which is not my turf so I can't offer any advise in that regard

As regards your present job, if you are not happy with CDMA, try switching to the GSM unit/dept because the experience you'll gather along the line will ultimately be your bargaining chip when changing jobs.

You said you are an adventurer, get a couple of years experience in gsm technology and you can start contracting. You will get to travel the world, meet different people and work on the latest technology
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by GTay(m): 12:24pm On Nov 16, 2009
^^^ @ Lasunk

The best thing you can do in these times, is to develop yourself. If you're not satisfied with what you're doing, then begin to develop the key competencies required for the job you require.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by AjanleKoko: 5:39pm On Nov 16, 2009
lasunk:

Hi, I've been following your subject for the past 1 week and I really enjoy it.
I work with Huawei ass CDMA/BSS engineer since april last year, Since outsourcing most of us around July this year, It has become hard to advance my career with Huawei cos it is hard to travel out of Lagos with the meagre travel allowance offerered to those outsourced with most of our work outside Lagos, and it's now tough to get a job with a CDMA operator because of the economic recess. Now I'm bored with my job and I dearly wan't a change in career within the telecom industry, My first Plan is to get PMP certified before the end of this year and travel to India with my savings for training and certification in RHCE (I heard it's one of the toughest certification in the world).

Do U think RHCE is a good Idea?
What field of telecom will RHCE find it's use?
Any advise for an adventurer like me?
There are a few things I didn't get from your post:
1. What does advancing your career have to do with travelling outside Lagos?

2. What are you doing for Huawei currently? Why are you tired of that?
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by salihuali1(m): 7:22pm On Nov 16, 2009
I'd figure advancing your career, the way I read you, is getting some good experience up-station with good cash (by way of allowance), abi.
RHCE no be mai-mai its rated one of the top certs. There are no braindumps and its 100% practical (labs). My question is how does it map to your Long-term career objectives?
Let me not bore you with what you can Google for. In a nutshell, I think the below says it all -
GTay:

^^^ @ Lasunk

The best thing you can do in these times, is to develop yourself. If you're not satisfied with what you're doing, then begin to develop the key competencies required for the job you require.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by lasunk: 9:25pm On Nov 16, 2009
Well, now I assist the BTS rollout Implementation manager of a Huawei project for a particular CDMA operator in the areas of logistics (tracking of materials delivery to sites) and Quality (clearing of snags after installation), the job involves a lot of paper work,excel sheets, and never ending phone calls. I miss the days when I was involved in BSC/BTS commisisoning, integration, upgrading, cut-over etc.

Now I'll like to try something new and challenging, learn a skill that can find use in many industries, and something that is not so Vendor specific, U get what I mean.

GSM technology is good, but the politics in Huawei won't let one cross over that easy.

And as for the Key competencies, I'm not sure of the job I require for now, what I just want now is something that's relevant and can last.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by AjanleKoko: 9:52am On Nov 18, 2009
@lasunk,
Maybe you can consider crossing over to another vendor, possibly Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia Siemens or Ericsson.
I'm not sure what Red Hat will do for you in telecoms; it's an IT certification. I don't know of any core network vendor that uses Red Hat. It's mostly Solaris or AIX for the switching environment. Maybe the service layer vendors, which are not so many on ground in Nigeria.

@all,
I have a weird question. Pls do not take it the wrong way, as I noticed people get riled up very easily on Nairaland. It's for the guys working with vendors. Do you guys get any good training and hands-on experience?
One thing I have noticed over the years is that the vendors always show up with foreigners for projects. They always have one or two Nigerians who come for project meetings, but it is always the foreigners that lead the projects.
Recently I was at a presentation from Ericsson, and the Nigerian chap who did the presentation displayed little or no knowledge of the subject matter. The Russian guy who accompanied him kept coming to his rescue.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by mceeluther: 10:52pm On Nov 19, 2009
Am in search of a firm where i would do my one year industrial attachment. I studied computer science at the federal polytechnic nekede owerri. Any help from the house please.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by experto: 6:15am On Nov 22, 2009
Hello House, I salute AjanleKoko for starting this tread, You are doing a Good job empowering Nigerians, and Seun Nairaland for the platform.

Am a Fibre-optic Project Manager with over ten years experience managing DWDM deployment worldwide. I could assist whenever there are questions relating to telecommunication transmission.

Please, Do anyone in this forum has a contact in Globacom for Glo-1 Cable Manager in-charge of commercializing the new Fibre-optic cable?
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by yemi221(m): 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2009
hi guys, pls how much does cwna cost i mean the exam
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by salihuali1(m): 11:37am On Nov 27, 2009
I'd like to please appeal to the moderator of this sub-forum to PLEASE kindly read through my posts before categorising it as spam and deleting it. PLEASE. angry
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by wumio: 9:56pm On Nov 29, 2009
Hello everyone. Been following this thread for a while but haven't been able to register here yet- was barred from posting. I hope this post goes through o! Let me see,
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by wumio: 10:05pm On Nov 29, 2009
Awesome comments and perspectives. My name is Wumi Olatunji - Ex-"faculty" @ karROX. Read biochemistry in school. 2 years+ into IT-Cisco (CCNA, CCNP) & Microsoft(MCP). Like everyone else here, I'm fascinated with telecoms. However, it seems there's a secret to getting employed in the telecom-ISP industry. Is there a sure-fire guide/ strategy to achieving this?

@Mr Ajanlekoko; thanks for setting this up. Your insight is amazing. May you increase in strength. @Salihu; it's both provoking & inspiring to read your input. @everyon; amazing thoughts!

I'm offering to provide practice time on real (hardware) Cisco router and switch for all interested folks for a token. I'm working on the most cost effective location as per space & power. Any assistance with this will be highly appreciated. Interested folks can mail or call me: adewumi001@yahoo.com/08039616903 \

Have a beautiful week ahead everyone!
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by dumbi20028: 10:39pm On Nov 29, 2009
TRANSMISSION EQUIPMENT OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE

- Generic overview of transmission
- Operation and Maintenance of Access level Radios ( This could be specific to the type used in the area). However most of the guys have learnt how to operate these radios on the job without any formal basic transmission training.

I would be glad if anyone could come up with something for me on the above
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 30, 2009
hi everyone on this zone.
my name is Joe, an ND holder in Computer Science from Fed. Poly, Bida and about going for my HND on same course.
i have love and interest for Telecom/IT/ICT and wil love to work with a Telecom firm in the nearest future.
Pls i need advice on relevant courses to study, programs to go for to equip myself and be VERY relevant in the Telecom industry.
I really appreciate the good job u guys are doin on this forum. keep it up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? / Meet Abdullahi Lawal, EFCC Official Who Rejected N100M Bribe From Chinese / The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.