Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,930 members, 7,814,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! (1713 Views)

Can Anything Good Come Out Of Yorubaland? / Buhari Has Not Done Anything Good 2 Fight Corruption- Transparency International / Ghana vs Nigeria again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by rebranded(m): 12:11am On Apr 05, 2010
@Ikengawo,

None of those accomplishment was initiated by the present administration, Yar'adull just wasted 3yrs for 150m people, some of what you listed was initiated by Obasanjo, while others by Governor's that are not under PDP.

I agree with the OP and hopefully GJ helps turn things around!
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by Nobody: 12:39am On Apr 05, 2010
^^^

You are entirely missing the point. Moving Nigeria forward is a collective effort. That is why he cited those examples. These developments are ALREADY turning the country around so what is the point of your post?? undecided
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by naijamini(m): 1:01am On Apr 05, 2010
  - cut the crap, what you guys are doing is keeping us in a vicious cycle. When we have a little peace you use that as an excuse to praise the unworthy. Such useless praise-singing gives them undue confidence that they are doing something, until Alas it collapses, then you guys are no where to be found, until someone cleans up your and your ogas messes, then you start repeating the cycle. If you think this is how you are going to build up Nigeria, then you have something else coming.

Go and ask Anti Dora, a hardworking woman with good intentions, where the futile attempt to rebrand Nigeria is in the rank of dustbin-programs. There is no hiding behind one finger, Stalin-era propaganda doesn't work anymore. Information is flowing at the speed of light.

tensor777:

^^^

You are entirely missing the point. Moving Nigeria forward is a collective effort. That is why he cited those examples. These developments are ALREADY turning the country around so what is the point of your post?? undecided
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by Nobody: 1:16am On Apr 05, 2010
^^Well you are free to accept the lopsided view Western media feeds you with about Africa.

A balance to the flow of information via the federal government media machine is a positive development in my view
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by Ikengawo: 1:21am On Apr 05, 2010
^co-sign

you're saying nothing good is happening in nigeria and you're singing Dora's praises, for doing good in nigeria.
my friend that's confusion.
there's a lot of good happening in nigeria, more good then bad, its just we as a people dwell on the bad.
that fact that most of you have never heard of the lekki free trade zone is proof.
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by naijamini(m): 1:37am On Apr 05, 2010
@Ikengawo and tensor777
I actually like some of your main points, but I hate the way you are going about it. If we are going to solve our problems we have to look it in the face.

Ikengawo if you looked again at my reply below you will see my conclusion.

What is not acceptable are those who want to say that we are doing well enough, we are okay. No, we could be far better than this if we only get honest with ourselves and our leaders, instead of painting rosy pictures, that not even the painters, believe. That is why I can see that Anti Dora is a good person, but rebranding a non-repairable system would only damage her reputation as she quickly found out. Even when push came to shove, she called it as it was.

We have to be honest, both on the positive and on the negative. Right now the negative in Nigeria far outweighs the positive, but that doesn't mean there are no positives.

Lekki free trade zone? - there you go again using evidence that has nothing to do with the argument.

naijamini:

@Ikengawo
You here again  grin.

Most of the accomplishments in your list have nothing to do with the Presidency, in fact the Presidency was trying to stop some of them, and if those responsible for this achievements were like Yar'adua they would not have happened. Others are flatly untrue, like the one about standard of living steadily increasing.

Yes, you are a Yar'adua supporter too! I have to agree that there are still a lot good things about Nigeria.

Ikengawo:

^co-sign

you're saying nothing good is happening in nigeria and you're singing Dora's praises, for doing good in nigeria.
my friend that's confusion.
there's a lot of good happening in nigeria, more good then bad, its just we as a people dwell on the bad.
that fact that most of you have never heard of the lekki free trade zone is proof.
Re: I Don't See Anything Good About Nigeria Again! by naijamini(m): 1:54am On Apr 05, 2010
^^
I don't know which lopsided view of the Western Media you are talking about here - that is just another propagandist statement:

It is not the western media that told our president to ridicule us throughout the entire world, nor ask the son of a fat cat to join al qaeda, nor ask religious extremists to go on rampage, nor caused extra-judicial killings openly, nor----it will never end.

They report the truth, they may pass undue judgements, but that is for the reader to decipher. Unlike many they don't ask us to watch black and blatantly tell us it is white, and if they did, we have an obligation to confront it with the truth, not see-through propaganda. Otherwise, lying to ourselves is worse than others lying about us.

tensor777:

^^Well you are free to accept the lopsided view Western media feeds you with about Africa.

A balance to the flow of information via the federal government media machine is a positive development in my view

(1) (2) (Reply)

Explosion In Aswo Rock! Situation Critical - Punche (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) / Baby kidnapping/trafficking mess in Chanchangi flight of 31.12.09True Life Story / The Key To The Victory Will Simply Be The Selection Of Ibb's Vp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.