Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth (6586 Views)

How Calabar Rice City Project Will Generate Over N70bn Yearly – Gov. Ayade / Honey Production To Generate 36bn With 10,000 Jobs / Arms Aren’t Enough; Agriculture Also Needs Brains To Create Massive Wealth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Sheyihman(m): 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2016
Lots of people wants to go into this tremendous PROFIT making business (growing watermelon) but does not have the knowledge required. Many does not even believe watermelon cultivation can generate massive income and are baffle with series of questions. In this articles, I will post some questions that might be bothering you and as a watermelon farmer I will provide SINCERE answers.

Watermelon Questions & Answers Forum

Q1: Which type of soil is best for growing watermelon ? – Well-drained fertile soil (loamy or silt loamy soil)

Q2: Can I plant on heavy soil ? – Yes but tilling/ridging will be required

Q3: Which type of seed do I have to plant ? – Hybrid seed (Easy to get – it is imported to Nigeria)

Q4: Why hybrid seed, can’t I use our local seed ? – Hybrid seed is disease resistant and boost yield, leading to massive profit

Q5: Numbers of days to germinate ? – Within 6-8days

Q6: How will I prevent insect/disease attack and boost production ? – There are cheap chemicals used for treatment (solid and foliar chemicals – easy to get).

Q7: How many days will it take to attain maturity? – Within 75-85days depending on the variety

Q8: How will I know when they are ripe? – There are four different proof to discover ripe watermelon

Q9: How will I harvest my watermelon? – You only need to remove the watermelon from the stem (cutlass/hoe is not required)

Q10: How much PROFIT can I make from this agribusiness? – The return on investment is very high, 300%-600% is guarantee

Q11: What about the likely start-up capital? – The start-up capital is minimal.

These are some of the common questions I remember for now. Let help one another, ask any question bothering you on watermelon farming and expect answer. Information is Power

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by gmacnoms(m): 10:39pm On Jan 17, 2016
How much does d seed cost? Nd how many fruits can one get from one seed in d 70-85days

1 Like

Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Sheyihman(m): 9:11am On Jan 18, 2016
The seed is #1,500 . Return is measure by the size of your farmland.
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Glare247(m): 7:43am On Jan 19, 2016
Sheyihman:
Lots of people wants to go into this tremendous PROFIT making business (growing watermelon) but does not have the knowledge required. Many does not even believe watermelon cultivation can generate massive income and are baffle with series of questions. In this articles, I will post some questions that might be bothering you and as a watermelon farmer I will provide SINCERE answers.

Watermelon Questions & Answers Forum

Q1: Which type of soil is best for growing watermelon ? – Well-drained fertile soil (loamy or silt loamy soil)

Q2: Can I plant on heavy soil ? – Yes but tilling/ridging will be required

Q3: Which type of seed do I have to plant ? – Hybrid seed (Easy to get – it is imported to Nigeria)

Q4: Why hybrid seed, can’t I use our local seed ? – Hybrid seed is disease resistant and boost yield, leading to massive profit

Q5: Numbers of days to germinate ? – Within 6-8days

Q6: How will I prevent insect/disease attack and boost production ? – There are cheap chemicals used for treatment (solid and foliar chemicals – easy to get).

Q7: How many days will it take to attain maturity? – Within 75-85days depending on the variety

Q8: How will I know when they are ripe? – There are four different proof to discover ripe watermelon

Q9: How will I harvest my watermelon? – You only need to remove the watermelon from the stem (cutlass/hoe is not required)

Q10: How much PROFIT can I make from this agribusiness? – The return on investment is very high, 300%-600% is guarantee

Q11: What about the likely start-up capital? – The start-up capital is minimal.

These are some of the common questions I remember for now. Let help one another, ask any question bothering you on watermelon farming and expect answer. Information is Power
. My question is can I grow watermelon in kwara state,to be precise ilorin?how can u b of help,pls drop ur contact details for me to get across

1 Like

Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Sheyihman(m): 9:41am On Jan 19, 2016
Yes you can grow watermelon in Kwara state. Watermelon can be produce in almost every part of Nigeria.
Call me on 07030263517 , will be glad to produce necessary info. You can also read more on watermelon production@ http://massivewealthclick.com/watermelon

1 Like

Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by mayorall(m): 4:19pm On Jan 19, 2016
Sheyihman:
Yes you can grow watermelon in Kwara state. Watermelon can be produce in almost every part of Nigeria.
Call me on 07030263517 , will be glad to produce necessary info. You can also read more on watermelon production@ http://massivewealthclick.com

What is the maximum / minimum returns on an acre of land and cost of production.
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Ayostically: 6:18pm On Jan 19, 2016
I'm interested in this. hw can I get the seeds

1 Like

Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Sheyihman(m): 8:54pm On Jan 19, 2016
mayorall:

What is the maximum / minimum returns on an acre of land and cost of production.

Watermelon is sorted to size @ d market, the bigger your watermelon.... the higher the profit. (growing a big watermelon & knowing the right season to plant matters alot). If you are well exposed to the trend of this business........300%-600% return on investment is guarantee

1 Like

Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Sheyihman(m): 9:15pm On Jan 19, 2016
Ayostically:
I'm interested in this. hw can I get the seeds

It is easy to get watermelon imported hybrid seed. Which state are you ?

1 Like

Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by mayorall(m): 6:15am On Jan 20, 2016
You still haven't shared the investment cost on an acre of land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by farmpassion(m): 11:42am On Jan 25, 2016
I so much appreciate this post, thanks to the op.

Am also a watermelon farmer, and I spend less than #35,000 for production which yield me lots of money in less than 3months. This is a virgin business anyone can start, much eye is not yet on this business compare to some other agribusiness.
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Glare247(m): 10:17pm On Jan 25, 2016
farmpassion:
I so much appreciate this post, thanks to the op.

Am also a watermelon farmer, and I spend less than #35,000 for production which yield me lots of money in less than 3months. This is a virgin business anyone can start, much eye is not yet on this business compare to some other agribusiness.
. Bro how are u,please drop ur number,I wish to get across to u
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by chucks231(m): 4:15pm On Jan 26, 2016
pls am interested in the watermelon trend I have 4plots of land in delta state precisely warri, the soil is flat and plain loamylike, I run a poultry farm had plans on using the dungs as manure for the planting of watermelon. will it grow in this location and how profitable is the return on 4 plots of land

1 Like

Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Ayostically: 6:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
Sheyihman:

It is easy to get watermelon imported hybrid seed. Which state are you ?

Akoko-Edo in Edo state
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by ElCule: 9:06pm On Jan 26, 2016
1.What time of the year is best for planting. 2. Does it require fertilizer/manur? 3. How can get the improved variety seed? 4. What is the ideal spacing when planting.

1 Like

Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Sheyihman(m): 10:22pm On Jan 26, 2016
chucks231:
pls am interested in the watermelon trend I have 4plots of land in delta state precisely warri, the soil is flat and plain loamylike, I run a poultry farm had plans on using the dungs as manure for the planting of watermelon. will it grow in this location and how profitable is the return on 4 plots of land
Your land is suitable for growing watermelon (watermelon does not like a waterlogged land).
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Sheyihman(m): 10:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
Ayostically:

Akoko-Edo in Edo state

How many seed TIN do you need ? How big is your farmland ?
You can contact me via our website http://www.massivewealthclick.com or call me on 07030263517
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Sheyihman(m): 11:08pm On Jan 26, 2016
Watermelon production is a virgin business anyone can start anywhere in Nigeria, it require low startup capital and the return on investment is high. Eye is not yet much on this business compare to other agribusiness, maximize the opportunity and make 6-7figures from watermelon farming in less than 85days.

Planting season is gradually approaching......start preparing
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Fumbaby: 7:25am On Jan 27, 2016
ElCule:
1.What time of the year is best for planting.
2. Does it require fertilizer/manur?
3. How can get the improved variety seed?
4. What is the ideal spacing when planting.

Sheyihman pls answer this question
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Glare247(m): 9:30am On Jan 27, 2016
Sheyihman:
Watermelon production is a virgin business anyone can start anywhere in Nigeria, it require low startup capital and the return on investment is high. Eye is not yet much on this business compare to other agribusiness, maximize the opportunity and make 6-7figures from watermelon farming in less than 85days.

Planting season is gradually approaching......start preparing
c. Can water melon grow in kwara state?
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by IamUmason(m): 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2016
@Ayostically I live in Auchi and am thinking of testing this venture with one tin of seeds maybe we should order together. am on 09035138011
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by AMONIBIA(m): 3:11pm On Jan 27, 2016
Will watermelon grow well in Rivers State considering the amount of rainfall in the state?
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Sheyihman(m): 12:52am On Jan 28, 2016
Glare247:
c. Can water melon grow in kwara state?

Have replied you earlier before now, kindly read the post above. Thanks
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Sheyihman(m): 12:59am On Jan 28, 2016
ElCule:
1.What time of the year is best for planting.
2. Does it require fertilizer/manur?
3. How can get the improved variety seed?
4. What is the ideal spacing when planting.

In response to your questions:
1. First planting season start by March
2. Yes, you need to apply fertilizer
3. Though it an imported seed, but very easy to get in Nigeria, where do you stay?
4. 2-4 feet apart

To know more about watermelon production, click here[url] http://massivewealthclick.com/watermelon[/url]
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by anthney87: 1:53am On Jan 28, 2016
A plot of land will take how many can of seed? i live in delta how can i get the seeds? wat measures do we need in preparing the land for planting? pls i guess u have a manual can u give ia for free ?
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by OluchiDelly: 2:07am On Jan 28, 2016
Sheyihman:

In response to your questions:
1. First planting season start by March
2. Yes, you need to apply fertilizer
3. Though it an imported seed, but very easy to get in Nigeria, where do you stay?
4. 2-4cm

To know more about watermelon production, click here[url] http://massivewealthclick.com/free-watermelon-report[/url]

@no4 answer, in cm? maybe you meant in "ft". I guess is a typo error.
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Sheyihman(m): 2:09am On Jan 28, 2016
AMONIBIA:
Will watermelon grow well in Rivers State considering the amount of rainfall in the state?
Yes, it will. First planting is done very early, before heavy rainfall start (your fruit will have ripe or almost ripe before heavy rainfall start).
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Sheyihman(m): 2:14am On Jan 28, 2016
OluchiDelly:

@no4 answer, in cm? maybe you meant in "ft". I guess is a typo error.
Yes, that was typographical error. 2-4feet apart
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Sheyihman(m): 2:48pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hello everyone, let talk about the WATERMELON PRODUCTION REQUIREMENT.

Every business has basic essentials, likewise watermelon business. To be a successful watermelon farmer, some of the major requirement are:

• Land: Land is the first and essential requirement for this lucrative business. Generally land is measured in Plots, Acres or in Hectares.

•Seeds: Watermelon imported hybrid seeds.

•Herbicides: Herbicides are the chemicals for controlling and removing weeds from your watermelon farm.

•Fertilizers: These are liquid/solid chemicals that will enhance the growth and performance of your crops so as to boost yields/production.

•Insecticides: Insecticides is very essential, it is used to prevent disease outbreak on your farm. Insectides and liquid fertilizer are mixed together and are used to treat your farm at least once in every week.

•Plastic Bowl: For cover-flitting.

•Water Source: You start making use of water with your knapsack sprayer to apply chemicals after 8 – 14 days after your seeds begin to germinate.

•Knapsack Sprayers: To apply herbicide (for weed), insecticides (to prevent disease), and foliar (leaves) liquid fertilizers to your crop .
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Sheyihman(m): 8:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Juliana7: 10:26pm On Feb 01, 2016
@op, what are d 4 ways i can know dat a watermelon is ripe/ready to harvest. Thanks
Re: Question & Answer On Watermelon Production To Generate Massive Wealth by Sheyihman(m): 1:08am On Feb 04, 2016
Mega Profit Agribusiness In Less Than 85days

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pure Original Honey Buyers Lets Meet Here / Sprouted hybrid tenera(Dwarf) Oil Palm Seeds & Seedlings at affordable price. / Health Grape vine, mulberry and strewberry seedling is available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.