Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console (8459 Views)

10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best / Why I Had to Dump PC Gaming For Console Platform (PS4) / Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by Nobody: 2:47am On Jan 18, 2016

1:MOUSE & KEYBOARD:Unlike all those console gamers out their,Pc have the best control scheme.Nothing beats the mouse or keyboard.Trying playing the Sims or strategy games on ps4 or xbox one.

2:Better Graphics,Better FPS:pc have much better graphics than the ps4.Pc gamers can upgrade their when they want.because it is easily removable,which keeps us at the tip dge of video games.while console gamers are stuck with one component their cosole was released with,thus they cant upgrade or exchange components.so they tend to become obsolete the moment they are released.

3:MODS:Yes this the best and sweetest.Mods make pc gaming perfect and sweet.You can download most of fixes patches,unofficial levels.Did u remember the gta sandreas,with coffe mode?whwere you really have sex with the girl?You can easily download a pc game and install online. Then u are a pc gamer like me and u know mods make it so good

4:Cheap:most like ps4 and the xbox one,Pc games are very cheap.everything about it.Let consider you prefer using the Gamepad and not the keyboard over some few game.You can easily get single pads as cheap as 1000 naira and mod it up with the xbox emulator or perhaps buy the xbox 360 controller for 3000 naira.in whih case the ps4 pad worth 15000 -20000 naira ust for a single pad And the DVD cost almost thrice as the pc games when you can get pc for 500 naira and the ps4 or xbox for almost 17k.considering pc are very cheap.

5:Abandonware:No matter how old a pc game might be.You can easily google and download it And still play it.Unlike the ps4 or xbox one.trying playing the old pc games on them like the gta 4

6:YOU CAN EVEN PLAY PS3/4 GAMES EVEN ON THE PC:Yes this is the key off guard of this whole tingy stuff here.You can play all your popular console games on the ps3 with the pc with just some few apps and setting created by mods.

7:High screen resolutions:Microsoft and Sony scream about true hd in their games.But in many cases don’t deliver it.Pc happily runs games at 1080p and above for enthusiast. The HD default res is 1280*1024.whn pc runs like 1600*1200
If there is any counterpoint on this post.Kindly refer a link to this post so that the other console lovers can also read why the pc is better.THIS IS FOR EDUCATION PURPOSE AND FOR LEARNING

CC Lalasticlala,r231,seun come and see oo

1 Like

Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by cao(f): 2:59am On Jan 18, 2016
PC Master race don start with their wahala again...
Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by tunaguy(m): 6:16am On Jan 18, 2016
when nepa take light you still fit the play you game on like console you go just they one on one na so them go carry light..... and pc is mobile you fit carry you pc go ade place make una tap unlike console its immobile.... wink

1 Like

Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by seunpayne(m): 7:18am On Jan 18, 2016
CHESTER48:

1:MOUSE & KEYBOARD:Unlike all those console gamers out their,Pc have the best control scheme.Nothing beats the mouse or keyboard.Trying playing the Sims or strategy games on ps4 or xbox one.

2:Better Graphics,Better FPS:pc have much better graphics than the ps4.Pc gamers can upgrade their when they want.because it is easily removable,which keeps us at the tip dge of video games.while console gamers are stuck with one component their cosole was released with,thus they cant upgrade or exchange components.so they tend to become obsolete the moment they are released.

3:MODS:Yes this the best and sweetest.Mods make pc gaming perfect and sweet.You can download most of fixes patches,unofficial levels.Did u remember the gta sandreas,with coffe mode?whwere you really have sex with the girl?You can easily download a pc game and install online.Then u are a pc gamer like me and u know mods make it so good

4:Cheap:most like ps4 and the xbox one,Pc games are very cheap.everything about it.Let consider you prefer using the Gamepad and not the keyboard over some few game.You can easily get single pads as cheap as 1000 naira and mod it up with the xbox emulator or perhaps buy the xbox 360 controller for 3000 naira.in whih case the ps4 pad worth 15000 -20000 naira ust for a single pad And the DVD cost almost thrice as the pc games when you can get pc for 500 naira and the ps4 or xbox for almost 17k.considering pc are very cheap.

5:Abandonware:No matter how old a pc game might be.You can easily google and download it And still play it.Unlike the ps4 or xbox one.trying playing the old pc games on them like the gta 4

6:YOU CAN EVEN PLAY PS3/4 GAMES EVEN ON THE PC:Yes this is the key off guard of this whole tingy stuff here.You can play all your popular console games on the ps3 with the pc with just some few apps and setting created by mods.

7:High screen resolutions:Microsoft and Sony scream about true hd in their games.But in many cases don’t deliver it.Pc happily runs games at 1080p and above for enthusiast. The HD default res is 1280*1024.whn pc runs like 1600*1200
If there is any counterpoint on this post.Kindly refer a link to this post so that the other console lovers can also read why the pc is better.THIS IS FOR EDUCATION PURPOSE AND FOR LEARNING

CC Lalasticlala,r231,seun come and see oo

I am a huge hater of consoles and a PC fanboy but you really should know there are reasons you mentioned there that are not as accurate as you think.

The mouse and keyboard is amazing but there exists a huge catalog of games that it plays awkwardly. Take sports games for example...PES/FIFA/NBA....Hack and slash games that require lightning reflexes at hard difficulty...AC,BATMAN, THE WITCHER...all AAA titles. There is a reason PC's use controllers as well and that is because the gamepad rules in certain games. The PS 4 also has a mouse and keyboard combo by the way.

Better Graphics is relative. Yes, the PC floors the consoles in theory but Lets keep it local, only a meager percentage of PC gamers use capable rigs. Most people have budget graphic cards that just allow to play the game at low or medium settings. That's a vast majority that will never enjoy this so called extreme graphics the PC has to offer. Look at how many "can my PC run this game" questions on the internet and you'll get the picture. The percentage of console gamers that get to play on maximum settings with the sweetest graphics? 100%

MODS: HYFR grin Console users can like to die for this one

Bros clean your mouth. Consoles are cheaper. in every way. If you bought your PC games the same way console users did you would know. with N150k I can have a console, nice cute TV and maybe one or two games. 150k wont even get you a decent i5 laptop.

Abandonware (Not sure if this is actually a word). The PS4 and XBOX1 are slightly backward compatible. The PC wins but its not a deal breaker. Dem still dey sell PS2 DVD for market.

Play PS4 games on PC? Ok o....thats why we had to wait 4+ years to play GTA V ba?

Higher resolutions? Read my comment on better graphics.

That said, PC's will always be better but not by much.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by cao(f): 7:26am On Jan 18, 2016
tunaguy:
when nepa take light you still fit the play you game on like console you go just they one on one na so them go carry light..... and pc is mobile you fit carry you pc go ade place make una tap unlike console its immobile.... wink
Patiently waits to see some dude moving his desktop to play his PC games in Ade's place. I'm guessing his console would be easier to carry than his PC tower...like NEPA wouldn't kill his CPU. Boy staph.

1 Like

Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by cao(f): 7:33am On Jan 18, 2016
Tunaguy reminds me of one PC guy I came across on HUKD telling me I should forget about buying a PS4 & go for PC instead, telling me that the games were cheaper. Then, I kindly asked him to give me a state of the art PC* for lower than £300 complete with two games, that would last for the next 10 years. I'm still waiting for his reply. Yes, games are cheap on PC, but you've already spent a good deal of money setting up that your beast of a PC, they have to cut y'all some slack.

*don't even start hammering on lower level laptops/desktops. My laptop still costs more than my PS4, and my laptop isn't even high end, it's considered entry level.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 18, 2016
seunpayne:

Bros clean your mouth. Consoles are cheaper. in every way. If you bought your PC games the same way console users did you would know. with N150k I can have a console, nice cute TV and maybe one or two games. 150k wont even get you a decent i5 laptop.

Mr man I said PC and not laptop.pc gaming not laptop gaming.now who said u cnt get i5 for 150k
Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by seunpayne(m): 6:46pm On Jan 18, 2016
CHESTER48:
Mr man I said PC and not laptop.pc gaming not laptop gaming.now who said u cnt get i5 for 150k

Relax grin. Nobody dey follow you quarrel. You would be surprised to find out that you're the only person who thinks there is an obvious difference between PC and Laptop . You also seem to think there aren't mad gaming laptops out there that easily rival their desktop compatriots. I'm curious however as to that decent i5 you can get for N150k. Note the operative word in this context is "decent" so ULV chips don't count. cool
Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by tziz(m): 10:30pm On Jan 18, 2016
Asides the MODs (which i sincerely dnt care about), no other reason here is "solid". .
This PC/console comparisons hav been goin on for ages and never yields fruitful results, som even end up badly. Every1 has their diffrent reasons to game on Pc or Console, jst get urslf any1 u like and chillax!
Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 18, 2016
tziz:
Asides the MODs (which i sincerely dnt care about), no other reason here is "solid". .
This PC/console comparisons hav been goin on for ages and never yields fruitful results, som even end up badly. Every1 has their diffrent reasons to game on Pc or Console, jst get urslf any1 u like and chillax!
Simples! I was gonna drop my own two cents earlier but it just wasn't worth it. PC vs Console argument is just a waste of time!!

1 Like

Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by tunaguy(m): 10:49am On Jan 19, 2016
but to me honest console is some how better before i got my pes 2016 and my nba2k14 too stop lagging i had to lower the resolution it stopped lagging and there was no difference btw the high resolution and the low resolution probably because of my 512mb vram.....and you use pc for so many other reason like so many reason gaming is just a feature why console is built for gaming only... abeq who fit help my type my cv on top he console grin
Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2016
CHESTER48:
He's right even to build a super pc is expensive. The nvidia titan x alone is 1000 dollars that's like a ps4 and 20 games.
Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by seunpayne(m): 9:46am On Jan 23, 2016
Everyone should know by now that despite the advantage PCs have, the high cost makes it almost pointless when you can get a console for much cheaper. Cost aside, the PC will always floor consoles. Also...there exists on genre that consoles don't have. 4x games.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
tensazangetsu:

He's right even to build a super pc is expensive. The nvidia titan x alone is 1000 dollars that's like a ps4 and 20 games.
how many of u can afford ps4 dvd?can u afford upto 5 ps4 dvd if I may even ask.when uncharted is sold for like 15k.buy 2 ps4 dvd for 15k and then tell me which is cheaper.that why u see.come let exchange games here on nairaland..haha.they bought ps4 and can't afford the dvds now then want to exchange
Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by seunpayne(m): 6:32pm On Jan 23, 2016
CHESTER48:
how many of u can afford ps4 dvd?can u afford upto 5 ps4 dvd if I may even ask.when uncharted is sold for like 15k.buy 2 ps4 dvd for 15k and then tell me which is cheaper.that why u see.come let exchange games here on nairaland..haha.they bought ps4 and can't afford the dvds now then want to exchange

This is actually an advantage sef. Like I said earlier if you actually bought your games you would know that consoles are cheaper. PC games cost almost exactly the same as their console counterparts. Here in Nigeria though you hardly see a PC game DVD so you have to pay for the game and then the data to download it. Console users just buy a dvd and pop it in. A digital download is not transferable. I can always swap DVDs with a friend or an enemy. FIFA 15 that I bought is still my own. I can't even give my little brother because it is tied to my origin account. Same thing for FM 15. The game dvd is an advantage not a disadvantage o.
Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by texazzpete(m): 8:13pm On Jan 23, 2016
...Hmm
Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by texazzpete(m): 9:19pm On Jan 23, 2016
CHESTER48:

Nothing beats a mouse and Keyboard for certain genres of games (FPS, Sims, strategy) but in other genres like fighting, racing and sports, a controller is preferable.
when you also factor in rumble support, it's easy to see why many prefer using controllers

CHESTER48:

'Better graphics' depends on the PC spec in use. Computers that can churn out graphics better than the PS4 or XB1 are usually much more pricey.
Your 'upgradability' point is a joke, when you consider that 'PC gaming' also includes laptop gaming...and laptop GPUs and CPUs aren't upgradeable. Even when you switch over to Desktops, it's a toss up if your motherboard is compatible or your PSU is powerful enough.

Thanks to serious optimization tricks devs pull off on console, those little boxes tend to punch above their weight.

Of course an upgraded, high end to midrange PC will outperform either of the current gen consoles in graphics.

CHESTER48:

PC games aren't 'very cheap'. PC games cost the same as PS4 games or Xbox One games on release, unless you find a sale. Even then, you'll have to consider the cost of data.
No PC gamer in his right mind would buy one of those cheap chinese 1000 naira pads.
You cannot get PC games for 500 naira unless you're talking about piracy.

When you talk about cost, you need to factor in the cost of entry. PS4 is $349. A good gaming rig will cost you much more.

CHESTER48:

No, you cannot run PS3 or PS4 games on your PC.
There are attempts at a PS3 emulator on PC, but it's still pretty early and nothing is fully playable yet.

PS4 emulation? LOL

CHESTER48:

You're limited to the resolution of your monitor, which for most people is 1080p, same as most TVs out these days. The vast majority of PS4 games run at 1080p. No idea where you pulled those resolutions you quote from.

You may wish to clarify that your point depends on the capability of your gaming PC. A shitty laptop will struggle to run games at 720p.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by Sektion: 8:02am On Jan 24, 2016
texazzpete:

Nothing beats a mouse and Keyboard for certain genres of games (FPS, Sims, strategy) but in other genres like fighting, racing and sports, a controller is preferable.
when you also factor in rumble support, it's easy to see why many prefer using controllers

'Better graphics' depends on the PC spec in use. Computers that can churn out graphics better than the PS4 or XB1 are usually much more pricey.
Your 'upgradability' point is a joke, when you consider that 'PC gaming' also includes laptop gaming...and laptop GPUs and CPUs aren't upgradeable. Even when you switch over to Desktops, it's a toss up if your motherboard is compatible or your PSU is powerful enough.

Thanks to serious optimization tricks devs pull off on console, those little boxes tend to punch above their weight.

Of course an upgraded, high end to midrange PC will outperform either of the current gen consoles in graphics.

PC games aren't 'very cheap'. PC games cost the same as PS4 games or Xbox One games on release, unless you find a sale. Even then, you'll have to consider the cost of data.
No PC gamer in his right mind would buy one of those cheap chinese 1000 naira pads.
You cannot get PC games for 500 naira unless you're talking about piracy.

When you talk about cost, you need to factor in the cost of entry. PS4 is $349. A good gaming rig will cost you much more.

There are attempts at a PS3 emulator on PC, but it's still pretty early and nothing is fully playable yet.

PS4 emulation? LOL

You're limited to the resolution of your monitor, which for most people is 1080p, same as most TVs out these days. The vast majority of PS4 games run at 1080p. No idea where you pulled those resolutions you quote from.

You may wish to clarify that your point depends on the capability of your gaming PC. A shitty laptop will struggle to run games at 720p.

nicely said, but i think by the time you buy like 20 brand new games(not used) for your PS4 n XONE, You should be able to get a nice Gaming PC, whereas You might not necessarily buy games for PC, u can just download em for free or better If u have a nice stash you might be able to swap with other PC gamers in your area and i don't think a gamer will be playing anything less than 20 new games in a year. Just an observation cool
Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 24, 2016
seunpayne:

You must have a ps4.cause if u still run ps3 then brother u aint a gamer.and now on ps4.have u really played the recent assassins creed syndicate?.well I have.I downloaded it free of charge with ma laptop at a wifi pot.oh I forgot u can't actuall take ur ps4 to a wifi stand to download.jeez that sucks.I must be at home with ma tv and electricity.now u talk abt exchange.I have 2tb of hardisk full of games.ma friends have upto 4 tb.they download and ah take games.I do and they take.what makes it better.and u don't need a titan to run games..hahaha.just get an gtx460m or 590 or 680.and u run ya games.or even the 860m.hahaha.check the price of those cards.
Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 24, 2016
Sektion:
nicely said, but i think by the time you buy like 20 brand new games(not used) for your PS4 n XONE, You should be able to get a nice Gaming PC, whereas You might not necessarily buy games for PC, u can just download em for free or better If u have a nice stash you might be able to swap with other PC gamers in your area and i don't think a gamer will be playing anything less than 20 new games in a year. Just an observation cool

Finally some1 understands me.am waiting out for the far cry 5 to play on ma pc.but av already played acd syndicate,just cause
3,call of duty ops 3,fallout 4
.I doubt so many ps4 gamers have played this games yet.due to price.calculate the time u have to exchange the disk to play this games.so many ps4 users don't even have pes 2016 and fifa 2016 cause of price.but almost all pc gamers have those.the disc is sold at 400 naira 2 dvd.hahaha.
Try buying 20 ps4 games at 15k.note I have more than 200 games on ma hardisk including gta v shdor od mordor mkx 2k15 etc
Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 24, 2016
texazzpete:

PS4 emulation? LOL

Get the ps4 for $349.nice well get the gtx 590 video card for $329
. www.amazon.com/GeForce-768-bit-ENGTX590-3DIS-3GD5/dp/B0009PTE58 now which is cheaper? Also get the gtx 970m for $945 approx 180k in nigeria.here check for ya self www.amazon.com/Acer-Edition-VN7-592G-71ZL-15-6-inch-Notebook/dp/B015XBKY6U?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAJM4NKIQGABP2PIRA&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B015XBKY6U&tag=thewire06-20&ascsubtag=WC38536 those cards runs ps3 emultor games.and here is God of war ascension on ps download and watch r2---sn-5hn7su7z.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?lmt=1393841439191348&pl=22&dur=1002.219&mime=video%2F3gpp&key=cms1&sparams=dur,expire,hvs,id,initcwndbps,ip,ipbits,itag,lmt,mime,mm,mn,ms,mv,nh,pl,source,upn&ipbits=0&upn=6SopuYaT5Zw&expire=1453651566&fexp=9405191%2C9407610%2C9408210%2C9408522%2C9416126%2C9418200%2C9419451%2C9420452%2C9422342%2C9422571%2C9422596%2C9423662%2C9424006%2C9427317%2C9427365&sver=3&id=o-AIP4TNJjWd4UohUuKreZZSgC8EQE2ELt0sX12Mnrm5EV&itag=36&source=youtube&signature=229A6536C4315C745904C82361581AE63A7089FA.1C5D51EE89E4A678094187F52A4FD04A5D63515E&ip=141.0.12.114&title=PS3+Emulator+X+-+Playstation+3+Emulator+X+for+PC+running+God+Of+War+Ascension&redirect_counter=1&req_id=9bebd2b16e87a3ee&cms_redirect=yes&hvs=control&mm=26&mn=sn-5hn7su7z&ms=tsu&mt=1453629922&mv=m now Shut the Bleep up don't bring pointless arguments

Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by texazzpete(m): 3:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
Sektion:

Unless you're talking about piracy - which is theft - you cannot get PC games for free. At least not any great games.

Most PC games these days that you buy legally are sold via digital distribution on platforms like Steam or Origin. No way to swap them at all... If you Want to swap, you have to buy physical discs... Which cost the exact same as games on console.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by cao(f): 4:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
CHESTER48:

You must have a ps4.cause if u still run ps3 then brother u aint a gamer.and now on ps4.have u really played the recent assassins creed syndicate?.well I have.I downloaded it free of charge with ma laptop at a wifi pot.oh I forgot u can't actuall take ur ps4 to a wifi stand to download.jeez that sucks.I must be at home with ma tv and electricity.now u talk abt exchange.I have 2tb of hardisk full of games.ma friends have upto 4 tb.they download and ah take games.I do and they take.what makes it better.and u don't need a titan to run games..hahaha.just get an gtx460m or 590 or 680.and u run ya games.or even the 860m.hahaha.check the price of those cards.
So quick q what about the desktop owner, who doesn't have a laptop? Shey they would magically carry their PC tower & monitor/tv to their local wi-fi hotspot hang out? Now, you know the reason why you illegally downloaded the games, because you can't simply afford or you refuse to buy the disks...Even though, you yourself have pointed out their cheapness. Plus, if you legitimately bought them from an official online distributor, you wouldn't be able to sell them or loan them out to your friends. Also, what happens to your gamerscore for Games for Windows pirated games?

Now onto the other matter, do not question a gamer's taste in games, the PS3 may no longer be current gen, but it's still a rather pretty sweet beast of a console. There are still gamers who only play retro games (SNES, SEGA etc), why? Because that's what they prefer, especially when you think how difficult some of the older games are. Remember some of those mapless, no save points, no unlimited respawn days... So get off your high horse.

And another thing, you do need a Titan to guarantee that your desktop/laptop would run games for the next 5-8 years on the highest of settings. While console gamers already know their consoles will run games for 10 years, because the games are specifically made for them. Unlike PC, where the AAA games are made for the most powerful graphic defying PCs. Try playing Witcher 3 on low setting on your laptop, while watching your friend playing his on his console...then cry to yourself about how you couldn't afford better specs.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
texazzpete:

Unless you're talking about piracy - which is theft - you cannot get PC games for free. At least not any great games.

Most PC games these days that you buy legally are sold via digital distribution on platforms like Steam or Origin. No way to swap them at all... If you Want to swap, you have to buy physical discs... Which cost the exact same as games on console.

sadly, the cost of internet data means that you may end up paying double the cost of the game. $50 for a game that is over 25gb in size means that if you do not live in lagos/abuja/ph with access to spectranet/swift means you will spend st least 8k or thereabouts to download the game
Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by HyDef(m): 6:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
texazzpete:

If he was obtaining his games legally, he wouldn't be chanting MasterRace incantations.

A real gamer is flexible, as far as I'm concerned. A game is a game. I've gamed on both console and PC, and they each have their advantages. Trying to argue which is 'better' is futile.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by texazzpete(m): 7:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
CHESTER48:

Get the ps4 for $349.nice well get the gtx 590 video card for $329
. www.amazon.com/GeForce-768-bit-ENGTX590-3DIS-3GD5/dp/B0009PTE58 now which is cheaper?

Unfortunately for you, you cannot play games with just a GPU. You need a motherboard, a CPU, a case, a PSU, RAM, a HDD etc. Those tend to push the prices much higher. We haven't even factored in the cost of the monitor!

CHESTER48:
Also get the gtx 970m for $945 approx 180k in nigeria.here check for ya self www.amazon.com/Acer-Edition-VN7-592G-71ZL-15-6-inch-Notebook/dp/B015XBKY6U?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAJM4NKIQGABP2PIRA&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B015XBKY6U&tag=thewire06-20&ascsubtag=WC38536

Actually, that laptop is specced with a 960m, not a 970m. And $945 is more like 300k in Nigeria here when you convert it at the 289 naira to dollar that most banks are charging. We haven't even factored in tax!
You'll also need to add some good bucks for a decent controller

CHESTER48:
those cards runs ps3 emultor games.and here is God of war ascension on ps download and watch r2---sn-5hn7su7z.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?lmt=1393841439191348&pl=22&dur=1002.219&mime=video%2F3gpp&key=cms1&sparams=dur,expire,hvs,id,initcwndbps,ip,ipbits,itag,lmt,mime,mm,mn,ms,mv,nh,pl,source,upn&ipbits=0&upn=6SopuYaT5Zw&expire=1453651566&fexp=9405191%2C9407610%2C9408210%2C9408522%2C9416126%2C9418200%2C9419451%2C9420452%2C9422342%2C9422571%2C9422596%2C9423662%2C9424006%2C9427317%2C9427365&sver=3&id=o-AIP4TNJjWd4UohUuKreZZSgC8EQE2ELt0sX12Mnrm5EV&itag=36&source=youtube&signature=229A6536C4315C745904C82361581AE63A7089FA.1C5D51EE89E4A678094187F52A4FD04A5D63515E&ip=141.0.12.114&title=PS3+Emulator+X+-+Playstation+3+Emulator+X+for+PC+running+God+Of+War+Ascension&redirect_counter=1&req_id=9bebd2b16e87a3ee&cms_redirect=yes&hvs=control&mm=26&mn=sn-5hn7su7z&ms=tsu&mt=1453629922&mv=m now Shut the Bleep up don't bring pointless arguments

Here's a link to the video since you messed up something as simple as providing a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7JcxKZ0RXA

Open it on Youtube...80% of the comments there are saying what should be obvious to anyone with double digits intelligence...it's a FAKE video.

You're such an ignorant noob whose only exposure to PC gaming is to buy cheap cracked CDs from otigba and run them on low end devices. If you want to learn, ask humbly and you will be educated cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by texazzpete(m): 7:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
Here's a link to an actual PS3 emulator that is still in development and still being optimized. This is running on a GTX 970 on Windows 10 / Direct X 12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtzzQogO0aI

It can be seen that there's still significant scope for optimization and fixes to remove visual glitches and improve framerate. This video was uploaded just hours ago.

To claim that there's a working, full featured and full speed PS3 emulator is just nonsensical rambling.
Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by texazzpete(m): 9:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
Also, here's a sobering thought for our Piratey friend here

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/pc_game_cracking_may_become_impossible_in_2_years/1

PC Game Cracking may become Impossible in 2 years

PC Game Cracking/ piracy may become Impossible in 2 years thanks to the effort of Denuvo and other PC DRM providers as 3DM, a Chinese cracking group considers abandoning their attempts to crack Just Cause 3.

While the Denovo DRM has been cracked before, the latest versions of the software have proven very difficult to bypass, with 3DM's founder "Bird Sister" saying that it has been driving their cracking guy crazy.

"Recently, many people have asked about cracks for ‘Just Cause 3?, so here is a centralized answer to this question. The last stage is too difficult and Jun [cracking guy] nearly gave up, but last Wednesday I encouraged him to continue."

As far as I know, Just Cause 3 hasn't been cracked yet.
As more and more games use Denuvo Anti-piracy DRM, it's going to be harder and harder to get pirated games.

In the next few years, folks will be forced to shell out $ to buy the games they want to play. C'est la vie
Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by seunpayne(m): 9:31pm On Jan 24, 2016
Thank you for that. Nothing is more annoying than hearing someone brag about gigabytes of pirated games. A true gamer knows that to continue playing the makers must make money. Yeah you have played syndicate but did you manage to play online? FIFA 16 comes alive in ultimate team, doesn't it bother you that you'll never experience that? Just cause 3...I shudder at the thought...such an awesome game...but you wouldn't know since it hasn't been cracked yet. PC is better because it is more expensive. At a price range however...consoles will win every time. Btw I am a PC gamer. Currently playing MGS: Phantom pain. And before you say you have downloaded it...think about the fact that you can't play FOB missions.
Re: 7 Solid Reasons Pc Gaming Beats Console by texazzpete(m): 10:23pm On Jan 24, 2016
seunpayne:
Thank you for that. Nothing is more annoying than hearing someone brag about gigabytes of pirated games. A true gamer knows that to continue playing the makers must make money. Yeah you have played syndicate but did you manage to play online? FIFA 16 comes alive in ultimate team, doesn't it bother you that you'll never experience that? Just cause 3...I shudder at the thought...such an awesome game...but you wouldn't know since it hasn't been cracked yet. PC is better because it is more expensive. At a price range however...consoles will win every time. Btw I am a PC gamer. Currently playing MGS: Phantom pain. And before you say you have downloaded it...think about the fact that you can't play FOB missions.

It's weird.

Go take a look at the mobiles section. All those Modern Combat games on Android were retailing for $7 (like 1400 naira at the time) and people were spending days on Nairaland asking for links to cracked versions and patches to allow them play online.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gameloop Official 3.2: Best Emulator Tencent PC Beta 7.1 / Modern Combat 4 Multiplayer Thread / Get Ur Free Phones, Ipods, Ipod Nano In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.