Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions (5909 Views)

10 Reasons Why PC Gaming Is the Best / FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition / FIFA 17(FIFA Mobile)thread, Discussions And League Membership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by heatpipe: 11:55am On Mar 04, 2016
Discuss latest Pc related Info on Hardware and Games
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 04, 2016
heatpipe:
Discuss latest Pc related Info on Hardware and Games

With the recent turn in events, the media with turn from the heat output (losses) of the GCN architecture and turn to its performance in DX12 and how the maxwell architecture isn't hardware ready for async compute.

There isn't any indication that Pascal will have this hardware available bearing in mind hardware implementation is a very lengthy process ( from my knowledge of FGPA's and ASICS).

NV will certainly respond to this with a driver but I doubt if it will perform as well. But I'd stay optimistic.
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by heatpipe: 2:46pm On Mar 04, 2016
AKBliv:

With the recent turn in events, the media with turn from the heat output (losses) of the GCN architecture and turn to its performance in DX12 and how the maxwell architecture isn't hardware ready for async compute.

There isn't any indication that Pascal will have this hardware available bearing in mind hardware implementation is a very lengthy process ( from my knowledge of FGPA's and ASICS).

NV will certainly respond to this with a driver but I doubt if it will perform as well. But I'd stay optimistic.
Yes you right the problem is that nvidia has less experience with HBM and for them to integrate async in paschal they would have to sacrifice efficiency in other to achieve that. Also its a very tricky process and would involve lots of time.I believe nvidia wouldn't have async until project volta..DX 12 is AMD'D to loose
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by heatpipe: 2:47pm On Mar 04, 2016
AKBliv:

lets invite folks who want to learn about pc and some experienced tech savvy pc folks to join this thread
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 04, 2016
heatpipe:
lets invite folks who want to learn about pc and some experienced tech savvy pc folks to join this thread

That be a good idea but subfolders/threads should be created if possible as PC tech spans across processors, GPU ...etc and components. This will avoid the parent thread looking disorganised.
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Joshnash: 9:21pm On Mar 04, 2016
this thread will go a long way if it was on a different platform like WhatsApp or telegram because it's easily accessible
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 05, 2016
Joshnash:
this thread will go a long way if it was on a different platform like WhatsApp or telegram because it's easily accessible

For a small subject yes but when it grows keeping track of conversations becomes difficult. Plus I'd rather not have my phone 'pinging' frequently with topics I'm not interested in.

1 Like

Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 09, 2016
heatpipe:

Titans sold( was going for the Titan X but will wait for the next gen hardware for now, the 290x CF fire has been resurrected. I'm keen to see its performance in Hitman coming out this Friday

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/hitman-will-run-on-directx-12-at-launch/
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by heatpipe: 7:05am On Mar 11, 2016
AKBliv:

Titans sold( was going for the Titan X but will wait for the next gen hardware for now, the 290x CF fire has been resurrected. I'm keen to see its performance in Hitman coming out this Friday

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/hitman-will-run-on-directx-12-at-launch/
HUHUEHUHEU. smart choice akbliv. sorry i have been sos damn busy at work these days.enjoy d full power of async.i am also waiting for next gen. will sell my two 390 when polaris pops out , welcome to team red bruv
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 11, 2016
heatpipe:
HUHUEHUHEU. smart choice akbliv. sorry i have been sos damn busy at work these days.enjoy d full power of async.i am also waiting for next gen. will sell my two 390 when polaris pops out , welcome to team red bruv

No worries guy. I just hope the AMD capitslise on the momentum and increase their market share because it may take quite a while before NV perfect their DX12 drivers ( it took long for the DX11 driver to get where it is now).

On the ethusiaist cards the 980ti is still a very strong performer. Early Hitman DX12 benchmark suggests the 980ti performs well in DX12. The 980 is being trashed by the 390.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Hitman-Spiel-6333/Specials/DirectX-12-Benchmark-Test-1188758/
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 11, 2016
Water cooled gaming laptop

http://woobox.com/pt47wv
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2016
heatpipe:
This one is for you heatpipe, that huge gap between the 290 and 390 isn't there in Hitman. The 390 is only 8% faster (notice the clock speeds and I can push my 290x to 1110 core 1450 mem)...let's see some further dx12 benchmarks but do you still think an OC'd 290x can't beat a 390?
See how close the 390X is to the 980Ti...considering the 980ti cost 35% more where I live. That's 35% in cost for 7% performance...lol.

Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by heatpipe: 12:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
yep r9 390 has a 15% advantage over 290 at stock clock. i believe if you overclock both the r9 290x and r9 390, the r9 390 should edge by a bit. meanwhile have you tested the latest crimson driver. i am having issues using vsr on it. when i switch the vsr toggle it goes back to off. its crimson 16.3. it gives 26 percent boost in hitman 6. i really need this to work. i cant stand 1080p. without my vsr i cant upscale to 4k.plus vulkan rt support and other cool features. nvidia shillsss are all hating on amd. its our time to laugh
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by mickells(m): 10:55am On Mar 15, 2016

One single thing, I didn't understand. Mehn...
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 15, 2016
mickells:

One single thing, I didn't understand. Mehn...

no vex, my guy..this tori don dey come since...bottom line na AMD vs Nvidia matter and who dey win.
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 02, 2016
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by ThaInquisition: 12:23am On Apr 07, 2016
I wish to make a Affordable gaming PC what components do you guys suggest or whats a good affordable gaming laptop?
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 07, 2016
ThaInquisition:
I wish to make a Affordable gaming PC what components do you guys suggest or whats a good affordable gaming laptop?

What's your budget? What have you seen or been looking at?
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by ThaInquisition: 6:47am On Apr 07, 2016
My budget is around $600-700 this article has some builds but AMD processor seems weak http://elitegamingcomputers.com/good-cheap-gaming-computers/
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 07, 2016
ThaInquisition:
My budget is around $600-700 this article has some builds but AMD processor seems weak http://elitegamingcomputers.com/good-cheap-gaming-computers/

AMD CPU's are typically weaker and I won't really recommend using them. I saved a parts list here https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/by_merchant/ and reasons why I chose them.

1. i3-6100 - Latest intel skylake processor 2 cores - 4 threads (better option is the i5-6400 - 4cores4threads at around $175)
2. Hyper 212 Evo - great reviews, excellent price for performance. You don't have to have this as CPU comes with stock cooler which will keep your cpu temps within design specs and will reduce cost.
3. ASRock H110M- comes with built in wifi for portability.
4. Kingston Memory - 8GB so there's room to upgrade to 16GB if neeeded. i3 cpu performance is boosted with high speed memory hence DDR4-2400Mhz.
5. storage 120GB SSD for windows OS, 1TB for storage - they are both great performers... you can remove SSD to reduce cost
6. R9 380 - 4GB VRAM (the GTX960 has around the same performance but the 380 is newer technology)
7. Phanteks Evolv ITX - sleek design, lovely case to build in. Cheaper options are out there to reduce cost - Mini ITX case)
8. 450W is enough for this build... I chose Gold rated PSU and it's modular but you can get Silver/Bronze rated for cheaper.

this will allow gaming at 1080p Med-High settings, plus the satisfaction of building yours. I'm not a fan of laptop gaming so can't really comment on that. hopefully someone with more experience can.

Parts can be sourced elsewhere and overall cost potentially lower.

--AK
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by ThaInquisition: 12:58am On Apr 08, 2016
AKBlivReborn:

AMD CPU's are typically weaker and I won't really recommend using them. I saved a parts list here https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/by_merchant/ and reasons why I chose them.

1. i3-6100 - Latest intel skylake processor 2 cores - 4 threads (better option is the i5-6400 - 4cores4threads at around $175)
2. Hyper 212 Evo - great reviews, excellent price for performance. You don't have to have this as CPU comes with stock cooler which will keep your cpu temps within design specs and will reduce cost.
3. ASRock H110M- comes with built in wifi for portability.
4. Kingston Memory - 8GB so there's room to upgrade to 16GB if neeeded. i3 cpu performance is boosted with high speed memory hence DDR4-2400Mhz.
5. storage 120GB SSD for windows OS, 1TB for storage - they are both great performers... you can remove SSD to reduce cost
6. R9 380 - 4GB VRAM (the GTX960 has around the same performance but the 380 is newer technology)
7. Phanteks Evolv ITX - sleek design, lovely case to build in. Cheaper options are out there to reduce cost - Mini ITX case)
8. 450W is enough for this build... I chose Gold rated PSU and it's modular but you can get Silver/Bronze rated for cheaper.

this will allow gaming at 1080p Med-High settings, plus the satisfaction of building yours. I'm not a fan of laptop gaming so can't really comment on that. hopefully someone with more experience can.

Parts can be sourced elsewhere and overall cost potentially lower.

--AK

Thanks I'll Check this out
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 12, 2016
Just look at this....

Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Emeka71(m): 9:36am On Apr 13, 2016
ThaInquisition:
Some people purchase laptop for the sake of game.
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 13, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Just look at this....

This is sick...It'll look sleeker with hard-line tubing though...still a master piece with the soft tubing.
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 14, 2016
Looking to build a PC when I get a flat however I uses to update my GPU till I realized gaming on console was way cheaper but still want a dedicated PC emulation gaming especially for PS2 I missed out on that console. Question is can one get high end Nvidia here the last I bought was a Gtx 7 series which is the same as in ps4 and is low entry GPU
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 15, 2016
pcguru1:
Looking to build a PC when I get a flat however I uses to update my GPU till I realized gaming on console was way cheaper but still want a dedicated PC emulation gaming especially for PS2 I missed out on that console. Question is can one get high end Nvidia here the last I bought was a Gtx 7 series which is the same as in ps4 and is low entry GPU

Wish I could help but I'm not clued up on the GPU market in Nigeria ( I'm guessing that's what you mean by 'here').
Do you mean the GeForce 7 series or the GTX 700 series?
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 15, 2016
AKBlivReborn:

Wish I could help but I'm not clued up on the GPU market in Nigeria ( I'm guessing that's what you mean by 'here').
Do you mean the GeForce 7 series or the GTX 700 series?
Geforce 700 series sorry made a mistake and prob not the same in PS4 I want to build a desktop but NEPA dey discourage me
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 15, 2016
pcguru1:

Geforce 700 series sorry made a mistake and prob not the same in PS4 I want to build a desktop but NEPA dey discourage me

You a quite right. For instance, an Intel G3258 or 4th generation i3 CPU paired with a GTX 750Ti will have similar performance as a PS4 but is still game dependant due to console limitations like locked framerate and render resolution. This combination will run a PS2 emulator effortlessly though.

If you primarily just want to game go console..if you want the additional capabilities of a PC then go PC. Either way NEPA still get hand for d matter.

Jumai.com.ng b dey try da year with PC components but they've been lacking recently. Hope someone else can shed some light on where to pick up components. I've been toying with the idea to having a racing simulator in Nigeria.
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 15, 2016
AKBlivReborn:

You a quite right. For instance, an Intel G3258 or 4th generation i3 CPU paired with a GTX 750Ti will have similar performance as a PS4 but is still game dependant due to console limitations like locked framerate and render resolution. This combination will run a PS2 emulator effortlessly though.

If you primarily just want to game go console..if you want the additional capabilities of a PC then go PC. Either way NEPA still get hand for d matter.

Jumai.com.ng b dey try da year with PC components but they've been lacking recently. Hope someone else can shed some light on where to pick up components. I've been toying with the idea to having a racing simulator in Nigeria.

I have a PS4 and 3 already but I miss my emulators and also doing coding on a desktop, just want something at least Mid end am not a serious PC gamer ,not that rich computer village do seldom sell some made components and GPU but mehn its gonna be rare. Laptops have taken over unless you ship in
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 1:14am On Apr 24, 2016
-deleted-
Re: Cutting Edge Pc Gaming And Hardware Discussions by Nobody: 1:16am On Apr 24, 2016

No worries guy. I just hope the AMD capitslise on the momentum and increase their market share because it may take quite a while before NV perfect their DX12 drivers ( it took long for the DX11 driver to get where it is now).

On the ethusiaist cards the 980ti is still a very strong performer. Early Hitman DX12 benchmark suggests the 980ti performs well in DX12. The 980 is being trashed by the 390.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Hitman-Spiel-6333/Specials/DirectX-12-Benchmark-Test-1188758/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSYBO1BrB1I

(1) (2) (Reply)

Psp Thread Its High Time We Started Browsing Wit Psp Free Of Charge Without Lan / 3d Games For Mobile Phone / Best Mobile Network For Online Gaming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.