Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Old Correspondences - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Old Correspondences (1576 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Correspondences by luxoire(f): 5:32pm On Jun 22, 2009
Does any one else keep e-mails, letters, text msgs from exes?

Do you ever read them and when you do what goes through your mind?

Do you cringe at the thought of some of it - or doesn't it even feel like it was you doing those things? Do you miss anything about them or are you just glad to be rid of them?

Holla
Re: Old Correspondences by luxoire(f): 5:37pm On Jun 22, 2009
was just going thorugh my inbox and e-mails from 3+yrs ago from a couple of exes and i just kept thinking - what were you doing with some of those guys

obviously paying you - all their excuses and sweet names, an apologies and i felt my skin crawl!!!
Re: Old Correspondences by JJYOU: 5:43pm On Jun 22, 2009
luxoire:

Does any one else keep e-mails, letters, text msgs from exes?

Do you ever read them and when you do what goes through your mind?

Do you cringe at the thought of some of it - or doesn't it even feel like it was you doing those things? Do you miss anything about them or are you just glad to be rid of them?

Holla
very very glad with thanksgiving
luxoire:

was just going thorugh my inbox and e-mails from 3+yrs ago from a couple of exes and i just kept thinking - what were you doing with some of those guys

obviously paying you - all their excuses and sweet names, an apologies and i felt my skin crawl!!!
discovered some when i moved last year. it is quite amazing how much foolishness we tolerate when you dont know no better.
Re: Old Correspondences by luxoire(f): 5:52pm On Jun 22, 2009
JJYOU:

very very glad with thanksgiving discovered some when i moved last year. it is quite amazing how much foolishness we tolerate when you dont know no better.

that is exactly what happened i think - i didn't know any better - although i could say thanks to them i have an in-built bull high sensitive bull shit detector!!

gosh - you see how some of them ignore you for weeks - then turn up wth some long ass story and apology and then when all isstettled they tell you they are about to be evicted and you 'lend' them money - lol - those are bad debts written off - now i know better cool grin

twerps!! - they must have had the last laugh
Re: Old Correspondences by MissyB1(m): 5:56pm On Jun 22, 2009
There's a good reason why an Ex is an Ex.
The day I let him slide . . . . I put his every memento behind me
except memory which is impossible for me to wipe out completely.
Re: Old Correspondences by JJYOU: 6:03pm On Jun 22, 2009
luxoire:

that is exactly what happened i think - i didn't know any better - although i could say thanks to them i have an in-built bull high sensitive bull shit detector!!

gosh - you see how some of them ignore you for weeks - then turn up wth some long ass story and apology and then when all isstettled they tell you they are about to be evicted and you 'lend' them money - lol - those are bad debts written off - now i know better cool grin

twerps!! - they must have had the last laugh
thank God for deliverance. just last week i remembered one small boy that would have asked "uncle" to buy wimbledon stuff for him.
Re: Old Correspondences by sistawoman: 6:14pm On Jun 22, 2009
When I brought my house and was packing everything I ran across some old cards and letters from my ex. It made me remember the person he presented himself to be and made me mourn his loss.

I really had hoped that he was the one but he was not and God had other plans for me. Althou I have to say he made it 3 years before the cracks started to show and the pretense started to fall. It took another 2 years for me to end it.
Re: Old Correspondences by JJYOU: 6:22pm On Jun 22, 2009
sistawoman:

When I brought my house and was packing everything I ran across some old cards and letters from my ex. It made me remember the person he presented himself to be and made me mourn his loss.

I really had hoped that he was the one but he was not and God had other plans for me. Althou I have to say he made it 3 years before the cracks started to show and the pretense started to fall. It took another 2 years for me to end it.
dont worry we love it like this. nigeria = 1 AA = 0.
Re: Old Correspondences by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 22, 2009
I delete pics and all to do with ex's, don't ever want to even remember that they where a part of my life, *relief from bad rubbish*!
Re: Old Correspondences by Sissy3(f): 9:10pm On Jun 22, 2009
the moment the r/s ends everything that was between us ends also, including those email and others
Re: Old Correspondences by proudly9ja(m): 10:41pm On Jun 22, 2009
Can a guy comment? oh, wth, Il just go ahead and add my usual long boring post! lwkm.

For me I think the way you feel now when you see such corrspondences says a lot about how you still feel about him.

My ex and I were together to almost 4 years and it was good while it lasted till she decided to move on. The painful thing is she did it in my final year in uni infact during my final semester. She didn't just end it, she was already with someone else and each time I asked she smiled and denied.lol. Human beings wicked o. Eventually she owned up. I wasn;t too bitter that she left, I was more bitter about the timing and I told her. To me, it was wicked and heartless. I had been doing well in school before then, if I had messed up that last semester, it'ld have been disastrous. And I would have messed up but for Grace of God. At that time, I felt nothing but hatred for her and I let her know.

I think over the years, time has healed the hurt and now, when I stumble over some of our correspondences, I jst smile.

Like someone said, an ex is an ex. Rather than moan over them or feel angry about them, one should thank God one didn't get to marry someone who was meant to play that role in our lives ie the role of an EX.

Like we say in yoruba (and I hope I get this rite): Olorun o je ka fi girlfriend/boyfriend fi se iyawo/oko! Someone help me translate
Re: Old Correspondences by iice(f): 7:46am On Jun 23, 2009
Still friends with them.  I only find such memorabilia either humourous or sweet.  There is nothing more to it for me.  I suppose i have been lucky to be friends with people who i dated cheesy

I have cringed sha.  .  .at how incoherent i used to be shocked grin Thank goodness for progression grin
Re: Old Correspondences by biola44: 7:53am On Jun 23, 2009
still frnds with em cool, no hard feelings cheesy n their memories only make me smile cos of d roles they played which could av been worse i guess i moved on n am doing good! wink
Re: Old Correspondences by whitelexi(m): 7:57am On Jun 23, 2009
Yes i have all those old stuff, i'm friends with those who want me to be friends, and i let those who want to move on go. . .  But one thing i know is i have absolutely no regrets and if i was given an opportunity to relive my life, i'd do it over and over again. Every woman i dated had a uniqueness to herself and i know i will be attracted over and over again if the clocks were to be turned backwards.

One woman made me very sceptical of women in general but i would still date her, only differently grin

Right now though, i think they're in the past and should best remain there. . . Knowing them has made me tough and strong at heart - which was exactly what i needed at the time.
Re: Old Correspondences by luxoire(f): 3:33pm On Jun 23, 2009
most of my exes i dont even want to know again let alone talk to - they cheated, lied and betrayed me on a whole.

i only remained friends with 1 of them and even he - sometimes its a struggle - cos he claims over familiarity - which i dont like!!

i thinki agree with @sistawoman - you mourn the person they presented themselves to be - not the real them you later discovered

and in my case sometimes what annoys me is how long i deceived myself and kept living that lie
Re: Old Correspondences by iice(f): 3:36pm On Jun 23, 2009
Na wah
Re: Old Correspondences by Bolarge(m): 3:54pm On Jun 23, 2009
I still got everything, e-mails, text msgs, cards, u name it.

D stuff don't exactly move me,

still went over like 35 of her sms' 3days ago and just smiled.

1 Like

Re: Old Correspondences by izeek(m): 4:05pm On Jun 23, 2009
well i dont see y we can't be friends no more.
i still talk to them and see some.

actually my ex was in ma office some weeks back. no hard feeling.
Re: Old Correspondences by whitelexi(m): 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2009
luxoire:

i thinki agree with @sistawoman - you mourn the person they presented themselves to be - not the real them you later discovered

and in my case sometimes what annoys me is how long i deceived myself and kept living that lie

Now I wonder if my exes mourn me too undecided, frankly i hope they're celebrating me instead grin grin grin
Re: Old Correspondences by luxoire(f): 2:38pm On Jun 24, 2009
whitelexi:

Now I wonder if my exes mourn me too undecided, frankly i hope they're celebrating me instead grin grin grin

was that a rhetorical question or did you expect an answer? - seriously!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Old Correspondences by sistawoman: 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2009
whitelexi:

Only if you are a pretender.
Re: Old Correspondences by whitelexi(m): 3:05pm On Jun 24, 2009
luxoire:

was that a rhetorical question or did you expect an answer? - seriously!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue

I think it was more the former than latter tongue

sistawoman:

Only if you are a pretender.

Nlanders can say all they wish, but i know i'm really a very very very em uniquely different individual grin Pretending is not in my nature tongue cool
Re: Old Correspondences by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 24, 2009
whitelexi:

Nlanders can say all they wish, but i know i'm really a very very very em uniquely different individual grin Pretending is not in my nature tongue cool

ROTFLMCAO grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Old Correspondences by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 24, 2009
Sorry I was too busy laughing, I almost forgot to comment on the topic.

Nope, I delete everything. It’s like moving to a new house. You leave all the old baggage behind. Me I don’t see why I should keep them and let them occupy space, when I can get newer ones!!
Re: Old Correspondences by steve49ja(m): 3:17pm On Jun 24, 2009
Ujujoan:

Sorry I was too busy laughing, I almost forgot to comment on the topic.

Nope, I delete everything. It’s like moving to a new house. You leave all the old baggage behind. Me I don’t see why I should keep them and let them occupy space, when I can get newer ones!!

You mean you never had an ex you wouldnt mind having in ya bed?
Re: Old Correspondences by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 24, 2009
steve49ja:

You mean you never had an ex you wouldnt mind having in ya bed?

Of course not. I do have one ex I wouldnt mind having in my bed once in a while . . damn he was a good f**k. And that's allhe can ever be tome again.
Re: Old Correspondences by luxoire(f): 3:32pm On Jun 24, 2009
Ujujoan:

Of course not. I do have one ex I wouldnt mind having in my bed once in a while . . damn he was a good f**k. And that's allhe can ever be tome again.

woaw - lol - tell it like it is lady
Re: Old Correspondences by whitelexi(m): 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2009
Ujujoan:

ROTFLMCAO grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

u have to explain this laughter oh

rolling on the floor laughing her chinese ass off
Re: Old Correspondences by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2009
woaw - lol - tell it like it is lady

I sure do!! grin grin

rolling on the floor laughing her chinese ass off

Oh my . . and I thought it was cute!! sad grin grin grin
Re: Old Correspondences by whitelexi(m): 4:27pm On Jun 24, 2009
Ujujoan:

Oh my . . and I thought it was cute!! sad grin grin grin

aaaahhh silly me, i should've known it was cute grin
Apologies, i was guessing.

I still want an explanation of that laughter sha tongue
Re: Old Correspondences by spikedcylinder: 4:58pm On Jun 24, 2009
iice:

I have cringed sha. . .at how incoherent i used to be shocked grin Thank goodness for progression grin

Yea right! cheesy tongue
Re: Old Correspondences by vanderjo(m): 5:06pm On Jun 24, 2009
This is easily the best topic for today.
I still get sms from my exs and can't help to think common why was i that foolish to take those shits.Got one yesterday nite and she was the one that broke my heart the most.though i'm still friends with an ex.and i glad i have moved on and know better and it made a better person.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Most Nigerian Women Have Bad Body Odour / Classy Pick Up Line / My Ex Gf Took My Name To Babalawo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.