Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Should Women Dress More Modestly? - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Should Women Dress More Modestly? (8347 Views)

Who Rocked This Low Cut Dress More?jennifer Lopez Or Kath? / Who Do Married Women Dress To Impress? / Should Women With Stretch Marks Not Wear Clothes That Expose Them.[PICS] WARNING (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Women Dress More Modestly? by iice(f): 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2006
Gud Gawd shocked shocked
Re: Should Women Dress More Modestly? by Reverend(m): 7:49pm On Nov 21, 2006
Gud Gawd what?
Re: Should Women Dress More Modestly? by iice(f): 4:01pm On Nov 22, 2006
Just watching you, dakmanzero and kimba lol.
Re: Should Women Dress More Modestly? by kejismith(f): 11:40am On Nov 23, 2006
modesty is a relative term. followong the trend in fashion, is another issue, so what is needed is to follow fashion with a sense of decency! i am a size 8, why must i wear cloths for a size 6? i would only do that if i want to call attention to some parts of my body! but in the name of decency, do i have to wear a "babariga" to a formal dinner, or wear "iro and buba" to a beach party, just to be decent? what i believe in and i use as a slogan is. follow fashion with sense, every man wants his babe to dress up to occasion at all time, my ex was very much into that, and he could make you change your clothes as many times as possible until you please him. but really, women don't have to be naked even when they dress up to occassion!
Re: Should Women Dress More Modestly? by Seun(m): 11:45am On Nov 23, 2006
and he could make you change your clothes as many times as possible until you please him
Do you realise that this is highly abnormal? Relationships these days are so twisted. Ok, back to topic!
Re: Should Women Dress More Modestly? by mamaput(f): 10:01pm On Nov 23, 2006
Once my daughter and her best friend wore the same to to school.
The friend was sent home to change my daughter not.
And only because the friend has a C cup and the top looked well what the teacher called not modest.

Same top .
Re: Should Women Dress More Modestly? by eslynera(f): 10:38pm On Nov 24, 2006
@topic, i'ts not like "should", but "can" smiley
Re: Should Women Dress More Modestly? by kimba(m): 6:41pm On Nov 25, 2006
chai, I didnt know that this topic was still alive, thanks for the "notify me of replies",

so let me throw back all the balls in my court.

@Reverend
Trying to enlighten Kimba would be like trying to make Hitler love Jews,

Don't waste your time,  He is a lost case (of the nut variety) 
If it were only between you and I, sure, You are the one that needs enlightment, as in a real and solid enlightenment.

@darkmanzero
He's merely a good guy with a strong sense of morals, unfortunately overblown probably due to a sheltered existence.

With a bit more exposure, I'm sure he'll relax some of his tight moral standards. The fact that he's among those who believes that your ridiculous kinky church business is actually real (and PLEASE don't start with it over here, we don't need to hear the voices of a  thousand shocked dissenters)  is a sign of that.

Hopefully he will become more tolerant of others, and more respectful of women, when that happens. However there is always the chance that he may simply become bitter and disillusioned, which is not a good thing.

One positive is, that some people may actually remain sheltered up to the grave! In a way, this will probably be the path of least resistance for him.

FYI, Nope, I didnt have a sheltered existence. Let me tell you: I come from a good family with a GOOD name. In fact, if I were riding on that name alone, I could get me places, but im not. If there is one thing we were taught was to remember where we came from, and to choose the right over wrong.

I grew up in the western and asian world where what I saw on the streets was quite different from what my parents told me about "where they came from". I have seen all the pollutions here and there. Its not a matter of having tight moral standards, its the ability to choose good even when evil surrounds, its the decision to stand and act right, even when wrong is the norm. Thats Kimba(if you wanted to know - again).

With reference to Reverend's Kinky Church, whether real or not real - thats not the issue, but the motive behind his actions is the problem. Its like putting up a website to say you are going to/actually robing a bank. Whether or not a bank is robbed, you sure deserve to get arrested.

Millions of people with virtue, I believe includes a mass of suicide bombers ,religious bigots, and illiterates. I am quite sure you will find that people exactly like yourself are in the minority amongst the 'people with virtue'. Probably because,
Its like you don't understand english:
what has "suicide bombers, religious bigots and illiterates" got to do with immodest dressing?

or maybe you are the suicide bomber, the religious bigot and the illiterate person promoting indecency?

you say society itself is losing its morals
Yes, i said it and I say it again: Soceity itself is loosing its morals.

Unfortunately moral standards are a product of society, and as such society can NOT lose its morals. It merely changes them.
Thats why I said you don't understand English.
The society are the People.

inserted here:
Unfortunately, moral standards are a product of PEOPLE, and as such PEOPLE cannot loose their morals? (are you sure about that?). They merely change them?
That people don't loose their morals? are you sure?
why is it that some people brought up in good homes join bad gangs and it becomes impossible for them to CHANGE? is it become they had CHANGED from bad to good and they have forgotten how to CHANGE back, or the fact that it is hard for them to CHANGE back because they have lost something? - the good in them?
(i was using your own words - CHANGE)

When what you had before is no more in your posession, is that a CHANGE or a LOSS? because definitely, you don't have something in equal?

DUDE! you have 'HALF NAKED GIRLS' in the WALL STREET JOURNAL and THE ECONOMIST! wake up and stop living in the 10th century.
Yes there are half naked girls there, but ask yourself? what are they doing on the covers of those magazine? are they part of the business-information, stock analysis or whatever,  or that they are just used for advertisement? - wrong advertisement? because they(Magazine owners/editors etc) know that men like you would have your tongues wagging and dripping saliva once you see such nakedly clad females - and all that these magazine editor wants is for you to buy the magazine and drool over the girls, even if you don't understand what is written inside the magazine?

don't you think those magazine owners, editors etc, are achieving their own aim at your own expense - i mean stupid expense? while leaving you at a loss - because you will never have those girls as your own? And if you are married, what are you doing staring at those glossy pics, and concluding that those girls are better than your own wife?

I'm laughing at you, boy? Cant you see you are the one in the 10th century.

Note: the fish never eats the bait, it only gets hooked. It then dies.

3) (should be (2) actually) you are giving the muslim women conditions on where they are allowed to dress according to their religious dictates. The religion says they should not show u their face, to preserve *your* virtue, oh virtuous one.
Thank you sir. If thats what their religion says, then let them do it.

And besides what is your own religion. You don't seem to have one. One not needs to have a religion to know what is good and bad and to choose the good over bad. abi, tell me more. Its more of what one is taught from home. The truth is a lot of people didnt learn anything at home, they live and learn the streets, and really they are the ones giving this world a bad image - what do you think?

finally, the world at large proves that there is much happiness in lack of common-sense   the stupidest people are the happiest around, don't u know! 
How did you know? is it because you are stupid - stupid enough to promote indecency and to mock those who do otherwise? And i guess the likes of you are those who would have daughters in future and wont "let them breathe" - because you would preach the "Do as I say but don't do as I do" - because your own personal life is not a good example. You would want to see the unclothedness of other people on THE ECONOMIST, but would you be so happy if your own childs ass is BEAMING IN YOUR FACE? so you would end up to shelter your own seed from "flaunting what she has", and at the end of the day, she'll run away with someone to your utter dismay?

Ok seriously, do not presume to equate your own moral standard with the presence of superior intelligence. It is arrogant and self-important. And I did mean sucks to be you. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't want to be you, considering the disconnect you have with the society you find yourself in
Where is superior intelligence? definitely you don't have it.
Really, you can't be me, because you can't be me - plain and simple.
Its not so easy to stick with truth - is it? They say the truth is always bitter. So see, you can't be me.
Re: Should Women Dress More Modestly? by kimba(m): 6:47pm On Nov 25, 2006
@Reverend

Thanks for your picture.

I like it so much I have made it my desktop wallpaper!!!
Re: Should Women Dress More Modestly? by Reverend(m): 8:44pm On Nov 25, 2006
Pleasures all mine!

Glad you like it cheesy
Re: Should Women Dress More Modestly? by dakmanzero(m): 9:51pm On Nov 29, 2006
@Kimba.

Hmmmm.

Maybe you aren't a good guy who had a sheltered upbringing afterall.

My mistake.

I think Reverend's assesment of you is spot on.

I was actually about halfway through a point-by-point rebuttal of your earlier statement, but then I realised I was merely repeating my earlier statements and clarifying them after you had twisted them to your own perverted ends. In short- reasoning with a broken, looped transciever.

You called me stupid. I suppose I *was* stupid to assume you were capable of reason.

Not stupid anymore, dude. Peace.
Re: Should Women Dress More Modestly? by Reverend(m): 10:09pm On Nov 29, 2006
@Dakmanzero

Maybe, maybe not,

He needs to be stroked! It's the only way :-)
Re: Should Women Dress More Modestly? by abujabooks(f): 12:15pm On May 22, 2008
Yes.
Re: Should Women Dress More Modestly? by abujabooks(f): 12:19pm On May 22, 2008
Yes.
Re: Should Women Dress More Modestly? by Igboti4evr(m): 10:04am On Nov 16, 2008
A free world a free country.
I struggle to understand why people have an issue with this subject.
If a woman wants to dress in a so called suggestive way: who decides what is suggestive or not.
Adults should be allowed to dress as they please; very soon you will have to give the responsibility to a rotten police or discredited government bureaucrats to decide who is well dressed or not.
In sharia land they can cover themselves head to toe. but please in the rest of the country it is very much ok to show some flesh. We are matured and grown up to look and still behave without resorting to rape.
I

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Latest Teenage Girl Ankara Styles / 21 Ankara Stylish Fashion Trend To Watch Out For In 2013 / Finger Waves The Retro Hairstyle Making A Come Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.