Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Opinion: Why Don't Phones Start Having Dual Micro SD Card Slots? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Opinion: Why Don't Phones Start Having Dual Micro SD Card Slots? (2148 Views)

Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card / 512GB Micro SD Card By Integral Memory Is The Largest So Far / How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted SD Card And Flash Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Why Don't Phones Start Having Dual Micro SD Card Slots? by Joel3(m): 12:33pm On Jan 20, 2016
PhonePlanet:
Its simple...

Because there is no need for it.

Why can't you tell me why you would wish for dual sd card.
I. have two card and one is idle I can't copy to the other as I will all need to insert the two before I can copy to the other instead
Re: Opinion: Why Don't Phones Start Having Dual Micro SD Card Slots? by Joel3(m): 12:35pm On Jan 20, 2016
do you guys know what it means to copy from one card to the other before reformating one?
Re: Opinion: Why Don't Phones Start Having Dual Micro SD Card Slots? by tobbie247(m): 12:40pm On Jan 20, 2016
Joel3:
I. have two card and one is idle I can't copy to the other as I will all need to insert the two before I can copy to the other instead

That's why there's a computer to do that. undecided
Re: Opinion: Why Don't Phones Start Having Dual Micro SD Card Slots? by Joel3(m): 12:44pm On Jan 20, 2016
tobbie247:

That's why there's a computer to do that. undecided
how many mobile user have computer.

just imagine you lost ur phone and SD card with the backup one or what ever you called it can save you 60gb of files.
Re: Opinion: Why Don't Phones Start Having Dual Micro SD Card Slots? by tobbie247(m): 12:50pm On Jan 20, 2016
Joel3:

just image you lost ur phone and SD card with the backup one or what ever you called it can save you 60gb of food files.

Re: Opinion: Why Don't Phones Start Having Dual Micro SD Card Slots? by ritababe(f): 2:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
Nsonaso:
I've seen it before on a Chinese phone.... As in those conc Chinese phone back in the days 2008/2009

me too
Re: Opinion: Why Don't Phones Start Having Dual Micro SD Card Slots? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 20, 2016
Y phone go get 2 sd slot ...one is enough .
.abi u wan turn d fon 2 hard dis undecidedk
Re: Opinion: Why Don't Phones Start Having Dual Micro SD Card Slots? by timbros(m): 3:55pm On Jan 20, 2016
Joel3:

just imagine you lost ur phone and SD card with the backup one or what ever you called it can save you 60gb of files.

SMH seriously for you.

Assuming you have a phone with dual SD card and you lost the phone, so one SD card will lost with the phone and the other will reappear in your possession?

After all the explanations here why dual SD card isn't necessary, you still think you have a point you can as well go and manufacture a phone with dual SD card slot.

Why not even look for a phone with front and back screen, incase one fail...

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Don't Phones Start Having Dual Micro SD Card Slots? by PhonePlanet(m): 4:10pm On Jan 20, 2016
Joel3:
That is not enough reason..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Goodnews For Airtel Users Who Are Eligible For 1gig #100 Weekend Data / Time To Port To Airtel / I Mean Who Travels With His/her Generator All About? Imose Kampe Solves The Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.