Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,183 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK (20868 Views)

NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 / Nigerian Student Attempts Suicide In U.K As NDDC Backs Down On Scholarship / Grades For Sex: Nekede Polytechnic Student Begs Lecturer For Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2016
ariesbull:
This is why its not good to depend on Nigerian government

Just hit the streets
Illiterate,do you read before comenting at all,nddc sent them to the uk not nigerian government,everything that happened you Igbos rush to blamed government cos you hate the person in aso rock.
tofiakwa!
Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by Mom007(f): 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2016
You guys are not serious. People are praying for the opportunity you have and you are there complaining about not getting feeding allowance. If you indeed value the opportunity you have been given, you will look for part time Jobs and face the school and come out with good results so that your time there won't be a total waste. As for the crooked NDDC guys that have obviously pocketed the allowance, well done o, EFCC will soon Com visiting.

5 Likes

Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
Wow!!!! shocked
Someone somewhere has enriched their pockets!!
Can't you tweet at them an copy all these aproko twitter guys?
Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by ariesbull: 5:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
AntiIPOB:
Illiterate,do you read before comenting at all,nddc sent them to the uk not nigerian government,everything that happened you Igbos rush to blamed government cos you hate the person in aso rock.
tofiakwa!

Your ignorance is so pristine I must say

Is nddc not a government parastatal...well I think you should go back to school and know what is the definition of contextual meaning .....

Bye and so

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 21, 2016
Ok
Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by PipSurgeon(m): 5:41pm On Jan 21, 2016
talking of heartlessness.. it cant get worst..
Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by 247notire(m): 5:42pm On Jan 21, 2016
There is no provision for u guys allowance anymore my guy, hustle ur way out... This is what we have been saying, this current govt is just too blind and deaf and lame and the president doesn't know math and can't speak good English.... While they have been fighting corruption (on the pages on newspapers) the real corruption has even multiplied cos they all know govt is only focusing on the last administration. This is the worst method to fight this evil. The fight against corruption should be holistic and systemic, it shud be about plugging the loop holes in the constitution and otherwise that aids and abet corruption. Anyway na neanderthal (ancient man) be una president so what does he know?

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 21, 2016
Yeye country.
Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 21, 2016
ariesbull:

Your ignorance is so pristine I must say

Is nddc not a government parastatal...well I think you should go back to school and know what is the definition of contextual meaning .....

Bye and so
So,in your own small world,if govt released money to a parastatal for a certain project and they failed to do it,the blame should be on govt abi?
Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by ariesbull: 5:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
AntiIPOB:
So,in your own small world,if govt released money to a parastatal for a certain project and they failed to do it,the blame should be on govt abi?

You see how you have displayed your grandiose buffonry

Weather govt released funds or not and weather they utilised it or not is inconsequential and inmaterial

The bottom line is nddc is govt

You must be a yoruba man..cos you think like them

I can bet on that

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by akereconfi: 5:49pm On Jan 21, 2016
Mom007:
You guys are not serious. People are praying for the opportunity you have and you are there complaining about not getting feeding allowance. If you indeed value the opportunity you have been given, you will look for part time Jobs and face the school and come out with good results so that your time there won't be a total waste. As for the crooked NDDC guys that have obviously pocketed the allowance, well done o, EFCC will soon Com visiting.

Oh please shut the f up. You have ZERO knowledge about what you are yelling about. Lot of you think it's easy shuttling between part time jobs and education.....

5 Likes

Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by Sunnyade01(m): 5:59pm On Jan 21, 2016
I hope this message can get to Baba Zahra.
Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by stonecoldcafe: 5:59pm On Jan 21, 2016
AnthonyAnderson:
I really don't know how to start this but I pray this medium brings a solution to our problem.

I write on behalf of over 50 students whom are all beneficiaries of the Niger Delta Development Commission(NDDC) foreign scholarship. In September 2015, we departed for a 12 months Masters programme in the UK. Prior to departure we were informed by NDDC staff that we would pay for visa processing and travel arrangements with our own money with the promise that our allowances would be paid within a month or two on our arrival in the UK. This was shocking to me as I had imagined a commission as big and well funded as the NDDC could easily make necessary arrangements for such just like how PTDF does for its scholars.

I was left with no option but to go begging family and friends to raise the required sum for me to apply for a UK visa, purchase flight tickets and estimated costs for three months accommodation and feeding. I wondered if this was how a foreign scholarship was meant to be. I almost gave up in seeking for assistance but favour smiled on me and I was able to receive donations from family and friends. With the money raised I purchased all I needed and traveled. NDDC had promised to send our allowances by the end of October. On arrival at school I realized that the accommodation was more than I had budgeted for and so could not afford it. Fortunately I had a friend that stayed in the next city and had to put up with him for the time being pending when I would secure an accommodation on receipt of my allowance. Fast forward to last week in November, NDDC officials in their numbers visited us (They surely spent more than half our entire allowance on their trip) promising we would now receive our allowances before the year runs out. Now in the second week of January 2016 we are yet to receive any allowance from NDDC or even assurance of when we will be paid. This is five months into a 12 month programme and not a dime has been sent to us. It might be surprising to note that the same NDDC has paid tuition fees to the schools since they know that the schools will not accept us without tuition fees which is far higher than the allowances we are supposed to receive but for some funny reasons they have refused to send a dime for upkeep(accommodation and feeding). Most of us have tried contacting the officials in the scholarship department of NDDC and all we receive are rude responses giving us the impression we are begging for alms. Particularly one Mrs Sotonye, who is always so rude on the phone whenever she chooses to answer calls to her phone and would never reply text messages sent to her.

My question is how do you send students abroad without giving them a dime for over 5 months? If there is no money for the scholarship why then send people out in the first instance? But surely this is not the case as tuition fees had already been paid. The idea of the scholarship is to relieve our parents of the financial burden of furthering our education because we are mostly not from wealthy homes. We have been forced to finds jobs even though these jobs cannot pay for our monthly house rent. The NDDC is not broke as to to say they cannot afford to send us our allowances. It is sad to see corruption has killed every conscience in people as can be exemplified by NDDC officials in charge of the scholarship whom I wonder if they would love their children to be treated as such.

With the recent ban by the CBN on the use of naira cards you can only imagine our plights as even our parents are helpless towards our situation. It is our hope the president GMB and the new acting chairman of the NDDC Mrs. Ibim Seminitari will quickly come to our aid.

It is our prayers that the bad eggs in the NNDC whom have continually denied us our monthly allowances for months now will be investigated and prosecuted so that future beneficiaries of the scholarship wont be allowed to go through the torture we are currently going through. Sometimes I feel regret... I feel regret because how do I bring out the best in me when i have to constantly remind myself that my next day food is not guaranteed coupled with the load of course work I have to battle at night after school.

It is sad to see that the NDDC has truly failed. One cannot only but imagine that maybe allowances meant for us have been diverted for personal gains.

Sorry bout your plight. I believe you were sent to the uk. I take it you can work part time abi? Pleaase drop your cv in asda, tesco, morrisson, waitrose or sainsbury. Just quit moaning; go and stack shelves or swipe at the till until nddc gets their house in order. Good luck
Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by birmingham04: 5:59pm On Jan 21, 2016
Stories for the gods. If eventually you finish your program, what can naija gain from you? Cos millitant will always be millitant.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by fretnot(m): 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2016
Just wondering...how many Nigerian youths will jump at this kind of opportunity to have government pay your school fees in the UK, plus the guarantee of obtaining a visa. Sometimes we don't appreciate what we have. I believe OP should do the best he can to finish his school programme even if it means getting additional part time jobs. This is not to excuse the flagrant misbehavior of the NDDC officials though. That agency is enmeshed in very deep corrupt practices and needs to be probed.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by martineverest(m): 6:01pm On Jan 21, 2016
glaber:
Yhu have all gone to Ajo Aremabo,
When did NSCDC start giving scholarship
did u see NSCDC OR NDDC?... GO AND SEE OPHTHALMOLOGIST OR OPTOMETRIST

Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by Hakagure: 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2016
Bros.. focus on finishing and getting the masters. This is part of life. Thank God your tuition is sorted and make do for now. God bless.. no complaining, work hard, finish strong.
Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by bakynes(m): 6:06pm On Jan 21, 2016
akereconfi:

Oh please shut the f up. You have ZERO knowledge about what you are yelling about. Lot of you think it's easy shuttling between part time jobs and education.....
She is right it is you who shd shut up. A family member also sponsored me to the UK for masters and only paid my tuition fee partly. When I got there I hustled my way out to pay the remaining, paid for accommodation, feeding, my project work, cloth myself and purchase return ticket back to Nigeria. I was even on full time study finished with a Merit Award and I was able to hustle my way out. Not that am supporting what the officials of the NDDC did but alot of people will kill to have this opportunity they have to study abroad. There are so many things to do over there to support yourself unlike Nigeria where to get jobs to keep body and soul is difficult.
Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by don4real18(m): 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2016
You called the wrong person at NDDC.... Call Dasuki and tell him to vomit your portion of the yam
Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by Chikwado1991(m): 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2016
Awuff will keep running belle Hope your return ticket still dey with you?
Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by tuna4servi(m): 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2016
I feel for u guys oooo,dis is seriously serious sad
Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by DedeNkem: 6:29pm On Jan 21, 2016
This is happens in a failed State. Nigerians are terrible in leadetship, especially, the most corrupt, inept, incompetent and murderous ethnic groups (hausa and yoruba) in west Aftica.

Hausa and yoruba destroyed this country. They're incapable to lead. No sector in Nigeria is free of endemic corruption.

Nothing works well in Nigeria more than corruption. No good infrastructure, terrible state of economy, total lack of rule of law, absolute lack of security of life and property, no social securty system and no healthcare system.

I weep for this country. I wish the British will invade Nigeria again and make his country better again because they left so soon.
Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by binary123(m): 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2016
Flets:
Everyone must feel this change. Ranging from market women, businessmen, white collar job workers, service entities, hustlers, entrepreneurs, students to even politicians. ....... such that the next time you are approached with propaganda, you go for the jugular.

OP .... the acting NDDC chairman is Amaechi's former commissioner of propaganda. For now they are recouping the stolen election funds spent on Buhari's campaign.

We'll join you in screaming. ... maybe they might have a rethink but the APC govt I know lacks sympathy.
must you blame apc government, gov this gov that.when will you move on,other pdp failiour has move on. You refuse to put it behind you,must u blame apc government over ur disability, you are pain,sorry, nothing you can do about this,this
Government is sent by god, and nothing sadist like you can do about this.just keep on wailling and hating that is your portion throughout this dispensation,(livlng in self bondage. embarassed
Flets:
Everyone must feel this change. Ranging from market women, businessmen, white collar job workers, service entities, hustlers, entrepreneurs, students to even politicians. ....... such that the next time you are approached with propaganda, you go for the jugular.

OP .... the acting NDDC chairman is Amaechi's former commissioner of propaganda. For now they are recouping the stolen election funds spent on Buhari's campaign.

We'll join you in screaming. ... maybe they might have a rethink but the APC govt I know lacks sympathy.
must you blame apc government, gov this gov that.when will you move on,other pdp failiour has move on. You refuse to put it behind you,must u blame apc government over ur disability, you are pain,sorry, nothing you can do about this,this
Government is sent by god, and nothing sadist like you can do about this.just keep on wailling and hating that is your portion throughout this dispensation,(livlng in self bondage.
Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 21, 2016
macsmich:
Hello Everyone, please I need the list of Nddc schools, for the post graduate scholarship. Also, I humbly request for Past question and Answers, I am appying this year 2016, Oil and Gas engineering. please Help me forward to my mail; michaelmacaulay290@gmail.com
Will it b out this year?, it shud av bin out by now, it comes out every beginning of January
Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
Please when will that of 2016 be out.Be there complaining don't sort yourself out.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
ariesbull:

You see how you have displayed your grandiose buffonry

Weather govt released funds or not and weather they utilised it or not is inconsequential and inmaterial

The bottom line is nddc is govt

You must be a yoruba man..cos you think like them

I can bet on that
You must have attended the famous LGEA before proceeding to community secondary school,so it is only yorubas that can identify Igbos in the crowd?
Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 21, 2016
Oga OP what do you intend to achieve with this?

1) NDDC Scholarship is worth $30,000 (+/- £19,000).

2) NDDC Usually advices her scholars to apply to schools like Coventry, Salford etc with an average tuition of £11,000- £12,000 and the balance left after tuition has been paid is transfered to the scholars UK account, upon confirmation that the scholar has registered in the said University.

3) The OP didn't state which University he's attending in the UK and how much his Tuition is...

4) lf the OP is in a University with a tuition of approximately £19,000, please what balance is the OP expecting NDDC to pay him for Upkeep (Accommodation and Feeding)?

Please OP read the terms and conditions of your award and remember to always read the forms given to you before you sign them.

3 Likes

Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by dlux: 6:53pm On Jan 21, 2016
NDDC is just scam. I posted some pictures of the host Community of Federal University of Technology Owerri (Eziobodo Town) not too long ago. Instead of fixing the community's road, the fixed that of a neighboring community & embezzled the rest of the funds.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by akereconfi: 6:54pm On Jan 21, 2016
bakynes:

She is right it is you who shd shut up. A family member also sponsored me to the UK for masters and only paid my tuition fee partly. When I got there I hustled my way out to pay the remaining, paid for accommodation, feeding, my project work, cloth myself and purchase return ticket back to Nigeria. I was even on full time study finished with a Merit Award and I was able to hustle my way out. Not that am supporting what the officials of the NDDC did but alot of people will kill to have this opportunity they have to study abroad. There are so many things to do over there to support yourself unlike Nigeria where to get jobs to keep body and soul is difficult.

Listen to yourself, you said you did Masters in the UK, how many persons have the chance of getting the job you had.

You make it look easy like the it's way simple to get jobs in the UK.

Am on RSSDA scholarship and for 13 months, the Government haven't done jack shit.

School fees, upkeep and accommodation. Because you hustled to got money and made distinction doesn't mean everyone is of your calibre.

4 Likes

Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by E99E(m): 7:04pm On Jan 21, 2016
SSGUniport:
Oga OP what do you intend to achieve with this?
1) NDDC Scholarship is worth $30,000 (+/- £19,000).
2) NDDC Usually advices her scholars to apply to schools like Coventry, Salford etc with an average tuition of £11,000- £12,000 and the balance left after tuition has been paid is transfered to the scholars UK account, upon confirmation that the scholar has registered in the said University.
3) The OP didn't state which University he's attending in the UK and how much his Tuition is...
4) lf the OP is in a University with a tuition of approximately £19,000, please what balance is the OP expecting NDDC to pay him for Upkeep (Accommodation and Feeding)?
Please OP read the terms and conditions of your award and remember to always read the forms given to you before you sign them.

What he intends to achieve with this forum is that he and his fellow mates get their due allowance.

I refuse to agree with you on the points raised as it lacks meaning. Even if his tuition is 25000 pounds whatever left should and must be paid by NDDC...That's why it is called a scholarship

Focus on the real issues and leave sentiments aside.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 21, 2016
That's how we sit in the office all day doing nothing
No contracts coming in
Naija which way
Re: A Plea For Help...NDDC has left us hopeless in the UK by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 21, 2016
Mom007:
Please you need to talk some sense into them, instead you being a crying baby.Are you not a Nigerian we adapt in every environment.I miss it the first time I hope I don't this time around , just pay my school fees I'm good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Establish Six Universities Of Science And Technology / What Were You Known For In Secondary School? Share For Fun. / Rochas Okorocha Establishes 6 New Tertiary Institutions In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.