Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? (27292 Views)

I Have A Crush On My Course Rep, He Comes Close But I Ignore Him / My Course Mate Just Got Married. Lord When Is My Turn?? (photos) / Do You Trust That Girl You Are Dating?? My Experience Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by Kreamie(m): 12:28pm On Jan 19, 2016
How toxic this make FP pls?
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2016
sweetboiy:
I wouldn't wanna bore you guys with a long story.
I get to know this lady recently in my class & we've being getting along quite alright, I like her & I think she likes me too because I'm getting the message from her but I'm a bit skeptical on how it will look like if we start dating, I'm very confident of the fact that she won't turn me down.
Now my question is;
Will it work out well considering the fact that we are in the same department/class?
What are the consequences if the school management gets to know about it?

Please no hating but constructive criticism will be welcome.
Thanks!
@Bolded... What kinda school is it that the school management is concerned about your relationship??

Same department dating can be good and @ the same time bad... If she's the jealous type, you'll get my drift as to why i said so.. That means, no more females around you for the duration of the date..

If you like her, its all good, You can go ahead and date her... As long as she meets your requirements as to your kinda taste..
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by SirLewis(m): 12:47pm On Jan 19, 2016
No it's not advised and a bad idea if I might add. No matter how in love you might be with a girl, you need space and so does she. You both being course mates, you'll definitely see each other EVERYDAY, that's too much distraction, you'll always be around each other, eventually you'll get bored with seeing each other's faces. Of course, this isn't a romantic movie, we can't rule out the possibility that you might break up. How awkward will it be to see your ex everyday in the same class and watch her talk to other guys?

2 Likes

Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 19, 2016
If you really love her date her!
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by Chuksworld(m): 12:47pm On Jan 19, 2016
This type of relationship dey sweet oh. Enjoy bro

1 Like

Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by tuna4servi(m): 12:48pm On Jan 19, 2016
U won't be free anymore my brother, now u won't concentrate on urself in class. Notice dis, as from d day u start dating her u will see d changes in both of u. U won't be close to each oda like b4. Just use ur head

2 Likes

Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by needinfo: 12:48pm On Jan 19, 2016
sweetboiy:
secret? Please I don't really get you
secret meaning if you straff or yanch her, make sure say you no tell your friends say you give her doggy style. if she tell you say she don kain other guys before you, make you keep ham secret o. if she tell you say she no sabi cook, make you keep ham secret. just make sure say you keep private matters secret.
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by Maigida1(m): 12:49pm On Jan 19, 2016
I am happily married to my course mate. We are blessed with three kids. O'Boy, nothing do you.
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by MrImole: 12:51pm On Jan 19, 2016
sweetboiy:
Please forgive me if you discover any grammatical blunder in my post.
Cheers!
Consequences if the management gets to know?

Which school are you?
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by ThinkingOutLoud(m): 12:52pm On Jan 19, 2016
Of course it's okay. Infact, if you don't date your school mates while in uni, im afraid uve wasted some of your tuition

2 Likes

Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by Classicman47(m): 12:52pm On Jan 19, 2016
sweetboiy:
thanks man but what will be the benefit if we remove s3x ? I'm very sure she won't accept that

Its obvious u are just all about the sex and nothing else my broda. Let's be real.
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by Oteebaba(m): 12:54pm On Jan 19, 2016
Sorry re u a small boy. U said department Dat means u re either in the University or polytechnic. Who gives a shit abt who u date as Long as u re both into each other. Ppl do it. I ve tried it and it worked out fine. School management my foot u wan go cast ur self even if u cast ur self they don't give a Bleep abt who u date or not date

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by joanpinkie(f): 12:58pm On Jan 19, 2016
Date her if you love her. its beautiful to knw that u have someone in school.
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 19, 2016
Thanks guys for your contributions. I appreciate
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by blessedfavoured: 1:00pm On Jan 19, 2016
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 19, 2016
diaris notin wrong bros... me too I'm currently datin ma coursemate.. u'll just b buyin handouts 4 her
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by Totfulguy: 1:05pm On Jan 19, 2016
sweetboiy:
I get to know this lady recently in my class & we've being getting along quite alright, I like her & I think she likes me too because I'm getting the message from her but I'm a bit skeptical on how it will look like if we start dating, I'm very confident of the fact that she won't turn me down.
Now my question is;
Will it work out well considering the fact that we are in the same department/class?

Thanks!

But that shouldn't be a problem. Don't you remember filling your admission form and adding that you PROMISE to date your course mate as soon as you are given admission? Please press the gas and stop asking for criticism. Your conscience is criticizing you already. I wont do a better job.
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by blessedfavoured: 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2016
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 19, 2016
jhalaljnr:
diaris notin wrong bros...
me too I'm currently datin ma coursemate..
u'll just b buyin handouts 4 her
she is actually more endowed than me financially
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by femi4: 1:09pm On Jan 19, 2016
sweetboiy:
Now my question is;

Thanks!
Seems your school is a glorify secondary school. What concerns school authority with students relationship.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand....if you won't get distracted academically, go ahead!

At least I can boast of six former coursemates in my class that are now husband and wife.
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by poiZon: 1:12pm On Jan 19, 2016
OreoPaschal:
Well...As for me, I can't date my coursemate,i can't date my neighbour and I can't date my hostel inmate...Reasons are not far fetched; But then,You are yourself and you are you!...I believe you guys know each other better what didn't work for me might work for you.
I wldn't advice you to date your coursemate as someday the relationship will become boring in the essence that you will be seeing each other on daily basis, no opportunity to miss each other aside holidays.
Secondly,when the relationship goes sour your coursemates will get to know. You will be drained emotionally. And lastly, During exams I bet you will attach emotions too if she is not the brainy type and you appear to be one. undecided
Well,i know a couple that are coursemates and at the same time lodge mates...They have been dating for 4yrs now. I hope they settle for each other at least and I also,know of my coursemates that were lovers but now,they are haters of eachother
I will advice you let the sleeping dog lie...if after graduation you still love her, then go for her but for now let her be your friend with benefit or no strings attached.#this is my opinion smiley

but d present girl u r dating is someone neighbour, someone classmate n someone compound mate!
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by femi4: 1:12pm On Jan 19, 2016
sweetboiy:
she is actually more endowed than me financially
what about physical?
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by mikki123(m): 1:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
What is the business of your school management with that... You can DATE her
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 19, 2016
femi4:
what about physical?
lol...we are OK sha
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by banio: 1:25pm On Jan 19, 2016
Are You God that U said "You are sure she won't turn U down". If U are just an assignment boy friend, then she will say a big NO. But if you are an oppressor or cash spender friend, she might consider U. But the school authority got no business in your affair, except you are attending one of the private Universities.
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by ipreach: 1:35pm On Jan 19, 2016
Op, i married my coursemate. We dated for three years during school days and married during our service.

Everything depend on how you play your card because it can also be dangerous if she is the type that will be jealous if you are talking with other girls in the class or school
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by delightf(f): 1:46pm On Jan 19, 2016
If am to say.....I will say no
I can not date my course mate
Inorder to avoid disrespect
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by soyemi(m): 1:48pm On Jan 19, 2016
Bros, it depends on you motive. School management can't decide that for you. It is not there concern. If you guys like each other, go ahead. I dated my course for four years in school, I mean the same class. We are married now for two years. So follow your mind.
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by swaggprofessor(m): 1:48pm On Jan 19, 2016
sweetboiy:
Now my question is;

Thanks!
u mumu oooon na wetin concern u n d skool management
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by xolomite(m): 2:00pm On Jan 19, 2016
Will you soon become her slave,,,, you have to keep seat for her, copy note for her or borrow her note,...... It will not work. There be no respect in the relationship.
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by ernecy(m): 2:01pm On Jan 19, 2016
sweetboiy:
Now my question is;

Thanks!
My question to you is what is Ur main aim of going to school, is it for relationship or to study. I want to know you prioty before I will answer you based on experience.
Re: Dating My Course Mate, Is It Advisable? by mastermind1759(m): 2:09pm On Jan 19, 2016
Its cool bro.bt b ready 4 d consequences.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Ridiculous Reasons Why Women Friend-zone Guys / I Think I'm The Sexiest And Most Beautiful Girl On Nairaland / "No Boyfriend No Problem" Inscription On A Lady's T-Shirt (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.