Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,419 members, 7,954,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:32 AM

Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late (1547 Views)

TCN Locks Out Workers In Abuja / Governor's Office Workers Locked Out For Coming Late In Ilorin, Kwara State (pic / Caption This Photo Of CAN President Oritsejafor & New Delta Governor. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by moneygurl: 4:22am On Jun 23, 2009
Guests who arrived late for a retreat at Government House, Asaba were on Monday locked out on the orders of Emmanuel Uduaghan, the Delta state governor.

Government functionaries, commissioners, permanent secretaries and journalists were amongst those locked out. The retreat for government functionaries was scheduled to start at 9a.m, and the governor had already arrived much earlier before the affected officials came in. Mr. Uduaghan chided the officials for their penchant for coming late to official functions and negative attitude to punctuality. “In order for the much-touted national rebranding exercise to take root, people should be alive to their responsibilities, including timeliness,” he said.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5428853-146/Delta_Governor_locks_out_officials_for.csp
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by Elgaxton(m): 11:40am On Jun 23, 2009
Yeah thats Governor Uduaghan for u, he never plays with timing,

Part of the things he learnt from his mum
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by maxtop(m): 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2009
What is worth doing at all is what doing well. It is a common occurrence to see government official and public holders coming late to public functions, this will serve as a lesson to others who are involved in the act, grin
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by showbobo(m): 12:54pm On Jun 23, 2009
kudos
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by Nezan(m): 1:08pm On Jun 23, 2009
moneygurl:

Guests who arrived late for a retreat at Government House, Asaba were on Monday locked out on the orders of Emmanuel Uduaghan, the Delta state governor.

Government functionaries, commissioners, permanent secretaries and journalists were amongst those locked out. The retreat for government functionaries was scheduled to start at 9a.m, and the governor had already arrived much earlier before the affected officials came in. Mr. Uduaghan chided the officials for their penchant for coming late to official functions and negative attitude to punctuality. “In order for the much-touted national rebranding exercise to take root, people should be alive to their responsibilities, including timeliness,” he said.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5428853-146/Delta_Governor_locks_out_officials_for.csp

RE-BRANDING INDEED,,,,,, grin grin grin grin grin grin NAIJA POLITICIANS GO KILL ME WIT LAUGHTER,,,,,, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by otokx(m): 1:21pm On Jun 23, 2009
Nigerian time has to be redefined
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by adybabs: 1:39pm On Jun 23, 2009
GOOD TO HEAR THAT THE GOV IS TAKING A LEAF FROM GOVERNOR FASHOLA OF LAGOS. SINCE INCEPTION, OUR LAGOS ACTION MAN HAS NOT TOLERATED ANY FORM OF LATE COMING.

IN LAGOS, ITS STRANGE TO SEE GOVT OFFICIALS COMING LATE FOR WEEKLY EXCO MEETINGS. LAGO TRAFFICK-JAM IS NOT EVEN AN EXCUSE.

SOME GOVERNORS NEED TO BE HUMBLE ENOUGH TO TAKE AFTER SOME GOOD THINGS HAPPENING IN LAGOS. smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by biola44: 1:41pm On Jun 23, 2009
yes ooooooooo! wink
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by omooloye1(f): 1:46pm On Jun 23, 2009
Hmmm!

If he came late, would he lock himself out?
I'm not impressed at all.
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by MUZBO(m): 1:47pm On Jun 23, 2009
What is bad is bad! He shouldn't punish it because of re-branding. He should lock himself out too the next time he gets home late. Thumbs up sha. We'll start somewhere.
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by dnex(m): 2:16pm On Jun 23, 2009
I hear of the good things Uduaghan is doing in Delta state and the good name he's trying to build for the state. Unfortunately Ibori has dug that state into a very deep and messy PR abyss and the fact that he is not only Ibori's godson, but blood relative will make his work very difficult.

One of the things which will destroy Nigeria is our total disrespect for time. Look to the Japanese and you will realise that most of their success was built on time and their only mortal failure was due to wrong timing.

If Ibori locked those senior staff out of the retreat, It's not because they have always been coming early but had a small hitch on that day. No. It had become a habitual thing. Now we should understand that these commissioners et al would after this experience, not tolerate late coming from their subordinates. Thus this good example will trickle down the chain of command.

I beg to differ with some on the issue of Uduaghan taking a cue from Fashola. They went to the same school and learnt the same rules, they only now applying what they got from UNIBEN to two differently able states of Nigeria. Shikena!!!
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by favcom(m): 2:31pm On Jun 23, 2009
Way to go, Uduaghan wink
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by dominictj(m): 3:04pm On Jun 23, 2009
Good to set standard so that those below can copy. Am impressed
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by itumama: 3:11pm On Jun 23, 2009
It will Better if our Country is practising justice and injustice.The man really impressed me.keep it up man
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by oge4real(f): 3:36pm On Jun 23, 2009
I'm really impresse by this develpoment, though sceptical about the fruitfulness or otherwise of his action. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by alex406(m): 3:41pm On Jun 23, 2009
I dont see it as a discipline,let him go ahead and do more to impress me.
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by Tonynwosa: 3:57pm On Jun 23, 2009
bullshit!!!!!! come early to share govt money,
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by DeepSoul(f): 4:02pm On Jun 23, 2009
Hmmm, shld I be impressed?

I think not!

Although, commendable, its nothing to fuss over!
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by sley4life(m): 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2009
other gov should follows such examples. All this 9ja time stuff should end
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 23, 2009
MUZBO:

What is bad is bad! He shouldn't punish it because of re-branding. He should lock himself out too the next time he gets home late. Thumbs up sha. We'll start somewhere.

Do we have to write off re-branding in totality just because it's coming from our irresponsible FG, orchestrated by our sudden arch-enemy; Dora?
Could it be that some people have decided to take the project serious regardless of how untrustworthy the founders are?

Whether he punished them as a result of his own personal convictions or because of the much touted re-branding project by the FG; I give it to him on this one.

alex406:

I dont see it as a discipline,let him go ahead and do more to impress me.

If you are not impressed, cool. If you felt the punishment wasnt hard enough for them; I still will agree with you. But stating that his actions were not disciplinary at all is ridiculous knowing how late coming has become our trademark which in-turn has made us mega failures so far.
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by ifyalways(f): 5:00pm On Jun 23, 2009
He try but wud that change anything undecided
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by MUZBO(m): 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2009
@nuzo, correction- Dora is not my enemy. If she's not your friend, well, I'm not a troubleshooter. Re-branding still sucks though. When we have stable power I'll be able to watch more about it then probably change my mind.
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by blacksta(m): 5:14pm On Jun 23, 2009
Another fruitless event how does that improve the standard of living for the masses
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by okokomeji: 5:14pm On Jun 23, 2009
Good, it's part of re-branding Nigeria policy!
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 23, 2009
MUZBO:

@nuzo, correction- Dora is not my enemy. If she's not your friend, well, I'm not a troubleshooter. Re-branding still sucks though. When we have stable power I'll be able to watch more about it then probably change my mind.

Just like most nigerians, I have every right not to pay attention to the FG as regards to it's re-branding rhetorics. However, I will regard myself as a very confused being if I start going against private individuals or smaller governments enforcing such disciplinary actions (part of re-branding).

At least, those lazy officials wont be late for such meetings for the next 6 months without a tangible reason. This will save Delta state some money and time for other important engagements.
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by ebong4waz(m): 6:33pm On Jun 23, 2009
nice one anyway shocked! these our politicians have a way of catching the electorate pants down such that the electorate will think the messiah has come!! & by the time they (the politicos) strike, u'd wish u have known them.

however, let's be optimistic & hope for the best from some quarters, cool, these are men are more than the actors/actresses in hollywood!!! cool

grin
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 23, 2009
What the big deal,
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by 9ja4eva: 7:19pm On Jun 23, 2009
Deep Soul:

Hmmm, shld I be impressed?

I think not!

Although, commendable, its nothing to fuss over!

I second

The Governor has not done nothing for the state to the best of my knowledge

He is not any different from Ibori.Maybe wiser but the same.

Good Riddance ,
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by bawomolo(m): 8:31pm On Jun 23, 2009
nice start
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by rasputinn(m): 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2009
Great showmanship your excellency
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by mamagee3(f): 1:06am On Jun 24, 2009
Now, that's cool cool
Re: Delta Governor Locks Out Officials For Coming Late by darmilorla(f): 1:39am On Jun 24, 2009
hmmmm, 9ja sha
any small thing they'll put it on news, am sure they want us 2 get impressed,
ki ni big deal
we need more proves jor
nice start tho,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghana To Export Electricity To Nigeria / Yoruba Leaders Unite, Float Umbrella Body / Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab Was Set Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.