Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Pls Help Save This Soul - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Pls Help Save This Soul (618 Views)

Pls Help Save Ojb Jezrell!!! / Who Knows Soul-E? / Classic Soul And R&B: Old School Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Save This Soul by ec3l(m): 7:54am On Jun 23, 2009
Good morning NL.
I write this post with tears in my eyes and pains in my heart.
I'll tell you the story of my life since last year 2008.
I was taking a predegree in federal university of nigeria owerri,i was always miming r kelly and some other singers,i was never in the choir,never had any music experience but i sounded so good that a whole lot of my lodge mates said i should try making my own songs coz i got the talent.So i started writting(so far i've written over 20 songs),and at the end of my programme in school,i decided to leave the east and come over to lagos and see if i could get a chance to make it.I took jamb,got 253 and my choice schools are lasu and unilag.
I went to megapoints,a company that has to with helping artistes get signed and they said i should record some works and so they took me to a young producer.I paid studio fees and production fees for 2 tracks,yesterday was my 1st recording.To be honest i was panicky at 1st,the producer did 2 beats for my 1st track,i asked him what he thinks of my songs and he said it was his 1st time working with an upcoming with very good lyrics and concepts.He said it was time to put my voice in it,and that was when he complained,he said i wasnt putting my emotions into the song,and the truth was i felt timid,it was my 1st studio work.He said i dont go off key,my voice was good but i wasnt lively.I got really sad and low.I asked him if he thought singing was for me?
He said lyrically i was good,but i couldn't sing out.Hence singing is not for me.I could be a good songwritter though.So i quit,cancelled my other sessions.I couldnt sleep at night,i cried a lot,called up some friends just i could have someone talk to me.I made up my mind i'd leave singing but a lot of things are in my head.
I lied to my brother and my sister to collect the money i used for my studio work,now that was wasted.Hence if i get admission i cant get to them.
But my problem is should i quit music completely or should i get voice training and continue singing.
Pls this is my future,advice me.If you think i should get a voice training,suggest somewhere i can get it.
I'm worried,but your answer might be the only light in my dark hours now.Thanks
Re: Pls Help Save This Soul by Bamsyle(m): 11:48am On Jun 23, 2009
Just a line to say:

Don't give up. YOU can if YOU think YOU can.
Re: Pls Help Save This Soul by ofokasibe: 1:06pm On Jun 23, 2009
well ec3l i can see that this burns ur heart a lot .take this as an advice from a brother

firstly for ur info most of us u see in nairaland here, when u meet us personally u wont believe we are the same people that post anonymous and crazy stuffs online, here is my advice
look the producer that commented on ur voice is just one person out of about 150million nigerians.
opinions are like assholes they all stink, it all depends on if u want to smell that niggas asshole.
look if dmx was a nigerian , and he goes to meet that same producer u went to meet , i am sure he would call dmx amugbo .or hemp smoker because of his voice, but there is a whole new generation that will die to listen to anything dmx,

now this is what u should do
1. do not stop writing ur own songs. upload demos online and lsietn to what people will say
u can do that right here , take a look at frijos for instance he comes here uploads one song and asks for people opinion, now those that neva heard of his artist vector , already know that a great star has already been born
thats cuzz he opened himself up for critics and well wishers alike. and he hasnt even released an album yet!!
2. get ur self computer softwares that u can use to produce urself ,, most nigerians would want to take props for what they do not deserve, its in our blood
3. u can download some things like fruity loops 8 i assume u know about it already , if u dont lemme know so i can upload it 4 u. with fruity loops u dont need any foolish producer ! u can produce sing or even rap urself and make ur own beats urself !.
4. the greatest disservice u would do to urself is crying on somebody else opinion. most people in life will fail u ! yes i mean they must fail u . and come back to say i used to know him b4 he became a star
if they dont , u wouldnt be challenged enuff to strive harder!
5. nowadays u know even young children like 5yrs , 6, 7 yrs have started rapping for fun.
most success stories start by play .just like urs !
6 i even know some people in this nairaland , they started rapping in nairaland rap threads just for fun , some are even there battle rapping right now , now some of them rap as well as mi or modenine raps .
7. do not give up school and face music , u can do both together.
if i tell u i have 6 unreleased albums u prolly wont beleive me. i havent gone professional yet cuzz i have a 9-5 job that pays me fairly well. believe in urself, and know that u will always have critics!
8. listen to what people in nairaland will tell u , nairalanders in my opinion as the worst set of critics in any nigerian blog. if the haters in nairaland like u , then belief me there is no other person that will hate ur music
the king and queen of hating ,grandfather and grandmothers of artistic hatred is right here.
9. dont stop what you are doing , and one day that same producer that criticized ur skills will beg u for a free ticket to ur show !

Make sure ur heart is harder than olumo rock ! u can do it !
Re: Pls Help Save This Soul by obinna5000(m): 1:17pm On Jun 23, 2009
@ec3l
Don't give up my brother. Keep doing your thing. Don't let the words of some pangolo producer get you down.
Ofokasibe has said it all, so key into it.
I wish you all the best.
Re: Pls Help Save This Soul by eccentric(m): 2:25pm On Jun 23, 2009
Take my advice dude. Rome wasn't built in a day. Many Made artistes you see today didn't always sound as good as they do now. With simple voice training techniques and exercises plus singing regularly you can achieve voice mastrey. Keep doing what you do and don't give up. In the business of life, quitters don't win.
Re: Pls Help Save This Soul by frijos(m): 5:38pm On Jun 23, 2009
@op, to survive in todays world u got to have the heart of a king. Believe in urself, see urself as a unique creature. There's noone like u man ur the best. Don't be afraid to try. don't be afraid to fail or make mistakes cos thru them u learn and make corrections and gain experience. U also have to be passionate about ur dreams too. Don't let noone tell u u can't do this or that. and anytime anyone tries to ridicule you ask urself what does he/she know about what i'm doing. I guess ur still very young. Set your goals and work hard and diligently to accomplish each one of them. Like i said earlier ur unique always remember that ok? God bless u.
Re: Pls Help Save This Soul by ec3l(m): 7:08am On Jun 24, 2009
Thanks to everyone thats replied to this thread,now i've bounced back 2 confidence.
@ ofokasibe,plz do upload the fruity loops for me.
I'll be grateful a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Is Modenine A Pirate? / Join The Reuben Abati Hate Movement And Save Naija Hiphop! / Isolate Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.