Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,651 members, 7,823,846 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Whatsapp Is Now Completely FREE, But There’s A Worrying CATCH - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Is Now Completely FREE, But There’s A Worrying CATCH (52991 Views)

Whatsapp Is Now Entirely End-to-end Encrypted / My Whatsapp Is Currently Down. Could It Be What I'm Thinking? / The Isaiah4vs19 Message From MTN: When You Finally Catch The Guy Behind It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Is Now Completely FREE, But There’s A Worrying CATCH by arusoncd(m): 4:42am On Jan 20, 2016
What Wathsapp means is that they wanted to start billing by this year as you were severally notified but changed their mind and trying to introduce a new method of making money using multinational companies as targets. Its like they were charging money in some regions as earlier kick of the abandoned billing took place.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now Completely FREE, But There’s A Worrying CATCH by pragmatistm(m): 5:09am On Jan 20, 2016
See the message I received from whatsapp

Re: Whatsapp Is Now Completely FREE, But There’s A Worrying CATCH by dampola(m): 5:20am On Jan 20, 2016
ritababe:

help me ask them oh, since five years ago wey i open whatsapp i never pay 1kobo.

You pay indirectly. When your whatsapp expires, they will ask you to upgrade it so by then they convert the $0.99 to data bundle then collect it from your data subscription. Please accept my little explanation
Re: Whatsapp Is Now Completely FREE, But There’s A Worrying CATCH by Rexyl(m): 5:38am On Jan 20, 2016
dampola:

You pay indirectly. When your whatsapp expires, they will ask you to upgrade it so by then they convert the $0.99 to data bundle then collect it from your data subscription. Please accept my little explanation

collect it from data subscription ke! How? you mean GLO, mtn, others are the ones paying them.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now Completely FREE, But There’s A Worrying CATCH by Larryfest(m): 6:08am On Jan 20, 2016
Hmmm.....dis is going 2b bad 4Nigerian users considering d way we almost abuse everytin eg d likes of mtn and dos crazy 4-5 digits number dat sends annoying msgs all d time..its goin 2b power draining for most phones too
Re: Whatsapp Is Now Completely FREE, But There’s A Worrying CATCH by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:16am On Jan 20, 2016
For those of you asking how one pays, I think you pay with your data for every update but thank God for flash share & I think flash share is even the major reason for this lifetime free access as a lot of people no longer download the app( they rather use flash share). And again, the network providers will probably be paying watsapp all this time because you pay for the data you use & watsaap cannot render free service to network providers cos the users pay for the data.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now Completely FREE, But There’s A Worrying CATCH by Akinrogun(m): 6:27am On Jan 20, 2016
dampola:

forget payment for upgrading.....I didn't pay a cent for d last five or six updates I did....thanks to flash share, Xender, shareit and atimes Bluetooth.

have a rethink and come up with a plausible explanation.

adeniketina2015 explanation seems tenable but she affirmed dt it's under probability.

good day!
Re: Whatsapp Is Now Completely FREE, But There’s A Worrying CATCH by vicolla: 8:25am On Jan 20, 2016
palz. pls kindly help me with this trash...... can't send WhatsApp voice notes via my android phone. pls.....any remedy?

Re: Whatsapp Is Now Completely FREE, But There’s A Worrying CATCH by Btruth: 8:57am On Jan 20, 2016
Youngpo413:
Them dey pay for whatsapp before?
I wonder oooo, and if dem dey pay before, that means me I don dey enjoy the apps for free since 1900......lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Is Now Completely FREE, But There’s A Worrying CATCH by Lekmight1(m): 10:36am On Jan 20, 2016
my life time lol grin

Re: Whatsapp Is Now Completely FREE, But There’s A Worrying CATCH by Olumightyooo: 11:55am On Jan 20, 2016
If you really want to know neither you pay or not, when your data has finish . Then trying to make call or charge and what for really.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now Completely FREE, But There’s A Worrying CATCH by blueAgent(m): 11:55am On Jan 20, 2016
that's my white brothers bro. always innovating and creating wealth making live better while provide jobs. this timid Ones in Nigeria are only into politics and looting nothing more.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now Completely FREE, But There’s A Worrying CATCH by donhils: 2:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
Lovexme:
You could have stated the 'catch' here. Ain't got no time to click that link mehn.
He would have stated it if he could but he won't cos there's actually no 'catch', he only wants to direct traffic to his blog.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now Completely FREE, But There’s A Worrying CATCH by Lovexme(m): 4:58pm On Jan 20, 2016
donhils:

He would have stated it if he could but he won't cos there's actually no 'catch', he only wants to direct traffic to his blog.

Don't mind him.
Re: Whatsapp Is Now Completely FREE, But There’s A Worrying CATCH by 989900: 7:39am On Jan 21, 2016
Be ready for Ads!
I'd patronize them though.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When A Fraudster Tries To Dupe An Igbo Boy ( Screenshots ) / With 18k What Is The Best Phone I Can Afford? / BBM for iPhone and Android is officially available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.