Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

"Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote (3952 Views)

The New Age Qualification To Run For A Political Office In Nigeria By Senate / Aliko Dangote And Segun Awolowo Pictured In The Billionaire Private Jet / Aliko Dangote Hosts Governor Ganduje At His Residence In Victoria Island, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by TheophilusA: 7:23am On Jan 19, 2016
By JUMI RHODES

Africa's richest man Alhaji Aliko Dangote is synonymous with business and wealth. It is not uncommon that men of his status run for political office or openly veto their support for certain politicians. For the billionaire businessman who turns 59 in April 2016, politics has never been of interest to him. When asked in an interview sometime back, Dangote said, "I have a very simple life. Never, never. I don't want to go beyond my life ambition ... Most of the presidents, I've been giving them advice, whether they solicit it or not. So far they always listen to me. If I have an idea, I can actualize it through our political leaders." Though Aliko Dangote is not interested in politics, he is higly-influential in the corridors of power and it is not surprising that past and present presidents in Africa court him. One of the biggest projects he has embarked on is the 650,000 barrel-per-day oil refinery and petrochemical plant in Lagos, scheduled for completion by early 2018. On completion, the facility, with capacity to produce 55.2 million liters of gasoline daily, will produce other fuels as well as fertilizer and polymers.

http://dawntodusknews.com/why-i-will-never-run-for-president-in-nigeria-aliko-dangote/
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Cally01(m): 7:24am On Jan 19, 2016
I feel so honored to make front page. All of my hardwork and dedication has paid off. Getting to FP has been a dream of mine for many years, and i would like to thank those who have helped me along the way. First and foremost i would like to thank god for giving me this opportunity. Next i would like to thank my parents. I want to thank my friend Ashish Jain, for being really skinny and always there for me. I would also like to thank my pet frog for surviving against all odds for over a week. Next i would like to thank the squirrel that lives in my backyard for climbing trees because that gives me inspiration that i need to get through the day. This is a special moment in my life and i would like to thank any of my unmentioned friends and family that have helped me along the way. This moment will be a moment that i will never forget. I just remembered a few other people i would like to thank, Facebook the bird i caught in standard 3, the light in my office because i wouldn’t be able to see the keyboard without it, the internet for letting me go on nairaland, my house because without it i would be homeless, and last but not least i would like to thank all the people out there that actually took time out of their day to read this. I cannot stress how much of a big deal to me this is. I have been trying to make FP on a post for years, but that has not been possible until this amazing day. Hopefully my good luck will continue, but this is undoubtedly a rare occasion. If you asked me how i did this, i would say, you can achieve anything you set your mind on. To all the kids out there reading this, i would like to tell them to follow their dreams. Being on the FP is amazing, thank you everyone.

4 Likes

Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Idrismusty97(m): 7:25am On Jan 19, 2016
And that's why he is the richest man in Africa. Even when picking sides you have to be smart enough to pick the winning side or watch and lament how the opposing sides crumble your business if they win. Africa or perhaps Nigeria isn't that mature and may use political victory as a tool to smash every opposing side. The Dagote i know will even sponsor both APC and PDP.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Idrismusty97(m): 7:26am On Jan 19, 2016
Cally01:
I feel so honored to make front page. All of my hardwork and dedication has paid off. Getting to FP has been a dream of mine for many years, and i would like to thank those who have helped me along the way. First and foremost i would like to thank god for giving me this opportunity. Next i would like to thank my parents. I want to thank my friend Ashish Jain, for being really skinny and always there for me. I would also like to thank my pet frog for surviving against all odds for over a week. Next i would like to thank the squirrel that lives in my backyard for climbing trees because that gives me inspiration that i need to get through the day. This is a special moment in my life and i would like to thank any of my unmentioned friends and family that have helped me along the way. This moment will be a moment that i will never forget. I just remembered a few other people i would like to thank, Facebook the bird i caught in standard 3, the light in my office because i wouldn’t be able to see the keyboard without it, the internet for letting me go on nairaland, my house because without it i would be homeless, and last but not least i would like to thank all the people out there that actually took time out of their day to read this. I cannot stress how much of a big deal to me this is. I have been trying to make FP on a post for years, but that has not been possible until this amazing day. Hopefully my good luck will continue, but this is undoubtedly a rare occasion. If you asked me how i did this, i would say, you can achieve anything you set your mind on. To all the kids out there reading this, i would like to tell them to follow their dreams. Being on the FP is amazing, thank you everyone.
So how much were you given?

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by skup008(m): 7:27am On Jan 19, 2016
better.
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by tempest01(m): 7:28am On Jan 19, 2016
We need technocrats
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 19, 2016
Cally01:
This is damn hilarious abeg gringringrin
And the post neva even make FP oo

Cc: Lalasticala
STFUareyouGod
Rukkydelta
Bukas15
For your morning laughs abeg gringrin
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Slikbae: 7:29am On Jan 19, 2016
Aliko has spoken
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Nellybank(m): 7:34am On Jan 19, 2016
Your talk make sense small shaa... But no tell me say you no dey interested for politics. Wetin be the difference between politians and person wey dey sponsor dem? No fool yourself o
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by imepaul(m): 7:34am On Jan 19, 2016
When u er richer than ur country, wat do u need politics for?......

1 Like

Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Idrismusty97(m): 7:40am On Jan 19, 2016
imepaul:
When u er richer than ur country, wat do u need politics for?......
Nice talk Aliko Dangote, unlike that greedy fowl called Donald Trump
Donald Trump is a hard worker, In his word "He started with a small loan of a million dollars" lol.
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by SMARTKOSSY: 7:47am On Jan 19, 2016
He can't even survive in politics n his business will crumble

1 Like

Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by imepaul(m): 7:50am On Jan 19, 2016
Idrismusty97:
Donald Trump is a hard worker, In his word "He started with a small loan of a million dollars" lol.

Bros, get conscience na!......

1 million dollars na em e tk st@, Dangote used #500,000 tk st@!

Trump is richer dan Dangote, Dangote's motive is to create mre jobs 4 Nigerians, e own plan na 2 enter power, ban all muslim 4rm Entering US, pursue all d Nigerians wey get wrk 4 US bk 2 Nigeria;

Bros, the guy is cold-hearted!..... Mre reason y d guy wnt win
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Blackfire(m): 7:58am On Jan 19, 2016
.... And the day u decides to contest for president , that is the day your poverty starts.
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by TedBaker(m): 7:58am On Jan 19, 2016
U get sense alhaji nt lyk Trump
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Idrismusty97(m): 8:26am On Jan 19, 2016
imepaul:

Bros, get conscience na!......

1 million dollars na em e tk st@, Dangote used #500,000 tk st@!

Trump is richer dan Dangote, Dangote's motive is to create mre jobs 4 Nigerians, e own plan na 2 enter power, ban all muslim 4rm Entering US, pursue all d Nigerians wey get wrk 4 US bk 2 Nigeria;

Bros, the guy is cold-hearted!..... Mre reason y d guy wnt win
lol...That was just sarcasm.
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by 93RD(m): 8:36am On Jan 19, 2016
Even though i will support is candidacy if he decides to run for president, being a good business man doesn't mean you will be a very good ruler/governor/ president . If you think i am telling lies, ask IMO people grin grin grin. But seriously we just need a very good focused president filled with vision and passion to turn this country around.
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by olamieseun(m): 8:58am On Jan 19, 2016
Take Abiola do sample, Aliko Dangote. De day yu enter politic, de day yu regret yur life
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:22am On Jan 19, 2016
Leading is not by money Sir
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by greatness22(m): 9:27am On Jan 19, 2016
This man money big pass Nigeria problem.
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 19, 2016
Cally01:
Man, you're constituting nuisance here.
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by adexdon(m): 9:50am On Jan 19, 2016
who kip believe diz shiiit.........u are not a President BT I must say Nigerian is ruling under by rich pple like u

Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 19, 2016
holyFRED:

This is damn hilarious abeg gringringrin
And the post neva even make FP oo

Cc: Lala.sticala
STFU.areyouGod
Rukk.ydelta
Bu.kas15
For your morning laughs abeg gringrin
hehehehe dude is hilarious in a crazy way cheesy grin cheesy
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 19, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
hehehehe dude is hilarious in a crazy way cheesy grin cheesy
I laugh tire today ooo gringringrin

That guy believed that thread would make front page grin
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 19, 2016
holyFRED:

I laugh tire today ooo gringringrin

That guy believed that thread would make front page grin
no mind lala. See as he fall the guy hand cheesy cheesy
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 19, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
no mind lala. See as he fall the guy hand cheesy cheesy
Ahswear...
This is touching embarassed

But some mods sef.
If i be lala ehn,I go just make this guy day cheesy
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 19, 2016
holyFRED:

Ahswear...
This is touching embarassed

But some mods sef.
If i be lala ehn,I go just make this guy day cheesy
lalasticlala pls come help make this guy's dream come tru

Let him be an inspiration to others cheesy cheesy grin
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 19, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
lalasticlala pls come help make this guy's dream come tru

Let him be an inspiration to others cheesy cheesy grin
Inspiration to others?
Wicked gringringrin

I just finished serving two days ban sef.
Ban no good at all oo embarassed
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Rukkydelta(f): 1:57pm On Jan 19, 2016
Nice one.... Lalasticala please come and fulfill this op's dream
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 19, 2016
holyFRED:

Inspiration to others?
Wicked gringringrin

I just finished serving two days ban sef.
Ban no good at all oo embarassed
why dem ban you? You don go fight for Politics section abi?
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Olabestonic001(m): 2:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
Idrismusty97:
And that's why he is the richest man in Africa. Even when picking sides you have to be smart enough to pick the winning side or watch and lament how the opposing sides crumble your business if they win. Africa or perhaps Nigeria isn't that mature and may use political victory as a tool to smash every opposing side. The Dagote i know will even sponsor both APC and PDP.

That's how to roll in life. Some feeble-minded individuals will soon label him "saboteurs".
In life, you must "mind your business(interest)" and that's what everyone does even those that accuse others of being saboteurs.
Re: "Why I Will Never Run For President In Nigeria" - Aliko Dangote by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 19, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
why dem ban you? You don go fight for Politics section abi?
No be fight oo.
I just tell the guy say him dey retarted then I come recommend yaba left for am..
Na why them ban me o embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Uche Nwosu Set To Dump His Father In-law, Okorocha / The Worst Governor In Nigeria Claim Hot Water Damaged The Road He Built In 1 Yea / Billions Stashed In Governors Wike, Ganduje, Matawalle's Homes Uncovered By EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.