Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Get Married For The Right Reasons... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Get Married For The Right Reasons... (600 Views)

This Lady Made The First Move On Her Man, She's Now Married For Four Years / Old Nigerian Couple Kiss, Have Been Married For 45 Years / Lady Discovered Her Boyfriend Of 7 Years Has Been Married For 4 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Get Married For The Right Reasons... by porchester(m): 11:20am On Jan 19, 2016
A lot of people think marriage is the most important thing in life; they wouldn’t mind getting married with a leg or an arm so they can be among that statistics that have the Married tag. Actually, I used to be like that! This syndrome is mostly peculiar to women but I also know some men who would give anything just to be married. They endure the unimaginable, do the undoable and truly they end up being married. I have news for you; Marriage is not the ultimate of your life! Yes, it’s one of the most important things in life but it’s not the only important thing in a human’s life.
Marriage is a beautiful thing; in fact it’s one of the most beautiful things. It can make you become a better person; and it can turn your life around for the better if you have a good one. However, have you ever stopped to think: “What if I marry wrongly?”, “What if I am not happy?”, “What if this marriage leads me to commit suicide?”
You know, one of my favourite mentors once told me; “I really want you to be married, but please make sure you don’t rush into it. Make sure you get it right because if you don’t, your life would become meaningless. Everything you have achieved will become sour to you and your life can become a living hell”.
This scared me out of my wits, in fact I had to pause to really weigh my options because I am too happy and free of a person to be miserable for the rest of my life.
Many marriages are enviable on the outside but on a closer look, they are laden with hurts and disappointments; a lot of cover up, unhappiness and deep regret inside. In fact, marriages of five months or less already have cracks. It got to a stage that I became scared and I thought if people who showed undying love for each other during courtship could end up this way; then what is the fate of the world? I found out that marriage is very important but it’s not the ultimate in life. So, do not get married at all cost just because you don’t want to be termed single. Get married for the right reasons...
Being miserable in marriage can lead to many things. A few are discussed below.
1.) You can lose your esteem: A bad marriage can make you lose your self esteem; in fact, it can make you believe that you are lesser than who you are. If you are the type that words get to very easily, continuous verbal abuse and shabby treatment from your spouse can make you lose your self-worth. Living becomes meaningless and boring routines.
2) You can lose your life: A lot of us are familiar with the infamous story of the banker that was stabbed to death by her husband. They were married with a child but in the heat of things, he stabbed her so many times that she died. If she wasn’t married, probably she would be alive by now. I am sure you would agree with me that being alive and single is a lot better than being married and dead; death caused by your spouse. Some people actually end their own life because their marriage isn’t working and they just can’t go on anymore.
3) You can be empty: Some people are married and their lives are actually empty. Have you heard about lonely married people? In fact, there are many of them today in our environment. Marriage isn’t supposed to make you lonely, on the contrary your spouse should be your companion and as such you should not be a lonely person. A lot of people in this part of the world stay married because of the stigma of divorce, not because they want to. There are lots of marriages that are just a sham, an act or even in certificate because emptiness has taken over their lives....
I repeat, do not get married at all cost just because you don’t want to be termed single. Get married for the right reasons...

meanwhile

We are FURNITURE DOCTOR

We recover, restore, revive your furniture. We repair broken legs, shocks, backseats, arms, reclining systems, swivel base, webbing etc.

We offer professional facilities for your furniture. call our handyman on 08077707070 or 08060265067.
Re: Get Married For The Right Reasons... by ChizzyMaris(f): 11:41am On Jan 19, 2016
Okay, I didn't really read all smiley but lemme just talk my own sha. Marriage is overrated. Its true that marriage can be beautiful and all, but it can also be a pain in the ass when not done for the right reasons. Esp in Nigeria, everyone is in a hurry to get married because the society expests you to be married, as a measure of how responsible you are.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Some Of The Things You Need To Talk About Before Getting Married / Help This Man Make Up His Mind / The ABC Of Friendship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.