Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,184 members, 7,957,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:27 PM

South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran (51176 Views)

"No Oil From Niger Delta If North Sabotages Osinbajo" – Militants / NNPC To Pipe Crude Oil From Niger Republic To Kaduna / Niger Delta Avengers Gives Conditions For Talks With Nigerian Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by RudzSA(m): 1:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
Dirkcoyt:

The same dstv he gave crass fact about, help me ask him what mode of service delivery do they discharge to their subscribers in both countries.

In SA dstv runs a pay per view system;
In NG dstv runs a monthly payment systems!

Where do they make the profit. Obviously NG! cause you watch or not dstv will deduct for the month once you subscribe, which leads to numerous profit.

But in SA its contrary, can they make money from stations you never viewed?

We need sound debate not all this crass fact with no depth from that SA guy. This not time to be a chauvinist
utter nonsense

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 20, 2016
MPSA:

"Liletz" ooh Please! Why you involve Nelson Mandela on this Are you crazy? You better shut your sm*lling mouth grin
Mumu..the truth they say is a bitter pill..so my earlier post, in all the truth therein, which got you racked like a little girl?You didn't know Madiba visited Nigeria immediately he was released? An International Icon who understands the value of true Africanhood and the vital role of The Federal Republic of Nigeria.. lest I forget, touch your nose with your index finger...slide it slowly..down..yeah that's the gutter you have for a mouth with that putrid odour....mofo undecided

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by FighterPilot(m): 3:02pm On Jan 20, 2016
Lezzlie:
I'm talking about the the firm so dear to South Africa that caused MTN hierarchy to crowd the Nigerian Commission desperately seeking for redress.

I'm talking about the firm that resulted in the untimely resignation of MTN's CEO , Sifiso Dabengwa. Mtn hasn't recovered the 25% loss incured, they are stick fretting about meeting deadlines set NCC.

Whether they win, which is very unlikely, it is sweet victory for subscribers. They days of arbitrary impunity and flagrant disregard to business ethics and practice's are gone.

Mtn now abide by the rules.

MTN will surely win. Your NCC abused its powers and now will be embarrassed by the decision before their millions supporters. You cannot use FDI to feed the bill.
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by allthingsgood: 3:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
majekdom2:
you lack understanding . you are the one who needs to read and learn. I did not ask UN to come into the price play. I mean the global economy needs a global body that will protect producing companies' INTEREST. we have bodies like the UN ,OPEC already commonwealth that protect interest of member countries in different areas. WHat we need now is a body that will protect the interest of all oil producing countries and not OPEC alone. do you understand now.I have come to your level of reasoning. This body will allocate each market share to see to demand and supply. OPEC can do no jack.

My dear, its like you just enjoy blabing. Seriously, ur primary school teachers really tried!

What is OPEC All u are saying already exists. Its name is OPEC! Go and read before blabing
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
allthingsgood:

My dear, its like you just enjoy blabing. Seriously, ur primary school teachers really tried!

What is OPEC All u are saying already exists. Its name is OPEC! Go and read before blabing
. OPEC "protect" interests of member states which are exporting states not "producing" states alone. Not all producers of crude export their crude. A body that protect interest of the industry as whole is what I mean. Learn, share and gain more knowledge. You don't have to insult. This is a problem with many Nigerians.I am sure you know no jack about this industry if not my point will not be this hard for you to comprehend.
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
allthingsgood:

. OPEC "protect" interests of member states which are exporting states not "producing" states alone. Not all producers of crude export their crude e.g USA just lifted a 40year ban on export some months back, to come to your level of understanding ; they have not been exporting for 40 years and still are not a member of OPEC but are a top producer. A body that protect interest of the industry as whole is what I mean. Learn, share and gain more knowledge. You don't have to insult. This is a problem with many Nigerians.I am sure you know no jack about this industry if not my point will not be this hard for you to comprehend.
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by MPSA(m): 6:42pm On Jan 20, 2016
BlaqCoffee109:
Mumu..the truth they say is a bitter pill..so my earlier post, in all the truth therein, which got you racked like a little girl?You didn't know Madiba visited Nigeria immediately he was released? An International Icon who understands the value of true Africanhood and the vital role of The Federal Republic of Nigeria.. lest I forget, touch your nose with your index finger...slide it slowly..down..yeah that's the gutter you have for a mouth with that putrid odour....mofo undecided

"Black Coffee" Girl, You know what? I don't like to fight Girls, The only thing that I can do, is to drink coffee non stop, coffee is my favorite, I can drink it day and night. When are you coming to SA( The most beautiful country in the world grin). You can't regret if you can visit SA. I like coffee a lot. My mouth is smelling good grin. "We like nigeria oil in SA",iran must wait a bit grin, bring that coffee to SA, I want to drink grin
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 20, 2016
dukie25:

The man is confused BRAIN DEAD

FIXED

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by allthingsgood: 7:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
majekdom2:
. OPEC "protect" interests of member states which are exporting states not "producing" states alone. Not all producers of crude export their crude e.g USA just lifted a 40year ban on export some months back, to come to your level of understanding ; they have not been exporting for 40 years and still are not a member of OPEC but are a top producer. A body that protect interest of the industry as whole is what I mean. Learn, share and gain more knowledge. You don't have to insult. This is a problem with many Nigerians.I am sure you know no jack about this industry if not my point will not be this hard for you to comprehend.

Wotever. Go sleep
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 20, 2016
allthingsgood:

Wotever. Go sleep
have you learnt now? Next time, don't go about raniting like you know, when you know nothing!
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by allthingsgood: 8:56pm On Jan 20, 2016
majekdom2:
have you learnt now? Next time, don't go about raniting like you know, when you know nothing!

Your ego and desperation will lead to ur downfall. Empty noisemaker
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 21, 2016
MPSA:

"Black Coffee" Girl, You know what? I don't like to fight Girls, The only thing that I can do, is to drink coffee non stop, coffee is my favorite, I can drink it day and night. When are you coming to SA( The most beautiful country in the world grin). You can't regret if you can visit SA. I like coffee a lot. My mouth is smelling good grin. "We like nigeria oil in SA",iran must wait a bit grin, bring that coffee to SA, I want to drink grin
.. MPSA, truce? nice to meet you too! expresso, cappuccino or caramel macchiato? *with my stuck up self and nose in the air in Meryl Streeps' voice..only if South Africa makes an apology to Nigeria* Lmao

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by okezed: 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2016
In the word of a wrestler by name King Barrett, "I GOT A BAD NEWS"!!!!!
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by Litmus: 2:04pm On Jan 21, 2016
OohLalah:

What you guys do not understand is, South Africa doesn't talk much but act a lot.

1. We had always bought Iran crude oil until 2013 when we forced to stop because of sanctions.

2. We have a working deal on crude with Iran before and we will still have a greater deal after sanctions.

3. This has nothing to with MTN or Nigeria but what is best for SA.

4. The Nigerian Government still has an option to negotiate and make concessions with SA if they want to and not throw tantrums and read things that are not there by retaliation

5. Iran is a gateway of SA companies to the middle east and so far they have been loyal and great friends than Nigeria.

6. Nigeria is a risky (Nigeria is probably the best place to invest in any context you wish to look at but the Risky Investment narrative is convenient and catchy) investment destination for SA companies and now SA is quietly cultivating new grounds to plant their companies that are less temperamental than Nigeria.

7. Keep watching by the end of the year all the SA companies that are going to expand aggressively to the middle east as an alternative to Nigeria and then majorly stock Nigerian products awaiting another tantrum from Nigerian Government and its people then just withdraw.

8. Lastly, boycotting SA companies will only come at a huge price for Nigerians. Employment, products sourced in Nigeria, Rentals of Malls and there is not even one network that can handle MTN client lines without causing a network standstill.

Dot take my word for it try it.

Rings true but then again i'm biased since I've never had the same fate in African unity as my fellow Nigerians who seem so obsessed by this. Nigeria will do well to base thire interaction with other African Nations on cold hard practical bases. I love that we are human enough to be emotional and,unlike some, I believe emotion can be a source of strength,but we should learn from the Americans and Chinese how to balance immotion and practical self-interest.

I believe the sentiment in Nigeria after the fall of apartheid was that Nigeria and South Africa were going to be force for good in Africa but I never believed it because black's that have been subjugate for long by whites secretly and unknowingly hate themselves and other black's especially guileless black's like Nigerians. They will in reality effectively fight their former oppressors corner while fooling themselves with radical talk and ineffective radical based policies. I'm sorry but I don't know a better way of putting it so that Nigerians reading this would not roll their eyes dismissively. I can't state it enough but it is sooo important for Nigerians to understand this. South Africa will do all she can to diversify away from Nigeria in future, making money does not override all emotion and certainly not self-hate ones or race based ones, not entirely.

We Nigerians have got to fight for our unity, picking up arms and destroying things is far easier than uniting to create, which is why children that are naturally self-centered and self-centered Africans resort to destroying. Of course, children learn after destroying but adults should already have learned the consequences, you get one chance. Universities in the West place great emphasises on group-work because it is understood that this is a vital skill. For now we have a Nigeria, this Nigeria should reach out and do business in the interest of Nigeria not Africa. As others have stated, Nigerians capable of driving the economy forwards abound. We know that the days of oil are numbered even if the price of oil rises again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by MPSA(m): 6:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
BlaqCoffee109:
.. MPSA, truce? nice to meet you too! expresso, cappuccino or caramel macchiato? *with my stuck up self and nose in the air in Meryl Streeps' voice..only if South Africa makes an apology to Nigeria* Lmao

Cappuccino is my favorite, bring that coffee here in SA Girl, I like your coffee tongue. I will drink your cappuccino daily. Before I forget; I apologize for angry, I will wait for you at OR Tambo if you bring my favorite coffee here in SAgrin
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by stevecantrell: 7:02pm On Jan 21, 2016
MPSA:

Cappuccino is my favorite, bring that coffee here in SA Girl, I like your coffee tongue. I will drink your cappuccino daily. Before I forget; I apologize for angry, I will wait for you at OR Tambo if you bring my favorite coffee here in SAgrin

Alright, you two should kiss and make up already..
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2016
MPSA:

...no apology, no coffee..wink
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by MPSA(m): 10:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
BlaqCoffee109:
...no apology, no coffee..wink

Ok, I apologize grin, Give me your coffee please grin
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by iamord(m): 7:41am On Jan 22, 2016
Lezzlie:
[/s] Emotional rants.

I don't know to begin debunking your claims. If you call me a lier, do you also accuse your former President for lying publicly? See excerpt below:

[b]FORMER PRESIDENT OF GHANA, MR JOHN KUFUOR; FORMER HEAD OF INTERIM GOVERNMENT, CHIEF ERNEST SHONEKAN; FORMER PRESIDENT OLUSEGUN OBASANJO AND SENATE PRESIDENT DAVID MARK, AT A CIVIC RECEPTION TO CELEBRATE FORMER PRESIDENT OLUSEGUN OBASANJO IN ABEOKUTA ON FRIDAY (18/1/13).
Former President of Ghana, John Kofi Agyekum Kufuor, has described Nigeria’s former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo as ‘a prophet’ and ‘a living legend’ who stands solid as a rock of Gibraltar.Kufuor, on Friday, in a lecture he delivered at a programme to celebrate the former president at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library, Abeokuta, Ogun state, southwest Nigeria, was full of praise for the former ruler. While acknowledging Obasanjo’s legendary status, Kufuor said that very few people are celebrated while they are alive, and in most cases, people wait until when leaders passed on before they were celebrated.

“Obasanjo is a prophet recognised in his own town and indeed in the whole of Africa. There are two things which a few people know that bound me and Obasanjo together. And this will be the first time I will mention it in the public.

“I was in government in my country between 2001 and 2009 while Obasanjo was in power from 1999 to 2007. When I assumed office in Ghana, I met an economy that was flat on its tommy, everything was grounded. The fuel we had in Ghana then could not last us a day. International communities were packing out of Ghana. After consultation with my executive, I concluded to go to Abuja and pleaded with Obasanjo to lift embargo on NNPC of lifting fuel to neighbbouring countries including Ghana. My plea was immediately granted and that was how Ghana’s economy came back on its feet.”

Again, the former Ghanian leader narrated his second encounter with Obasanjo in Washington, USA. He said when Ghana needed $90 million to execute the West African Gas Pipeline Project, he approached the then Nigerian president and without ado, he (Obasanjo) raised $40 million to assist the project.

Kufuor therefore praised and prayed for long life for the former Nigerian president.[/b]

Lol. Like I said before. 'no tangible factual memory' this case is no different. You expect me to take up this article written by your hungry journalist? Pathetic.
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by Lezzlie(m): 8:35am On Jan 22, 2016
iamord:

Lol. Like I said before. 'no tangible factual memory' this case is no different. You expect me to take up this article written by your hungry journalist? Pathetic.
Of course it is all fiction and nationalistic folklore just because it doesn't suit the hypocritical and misleading views you're trying to project your country. Delusions of grandeur with a baseless and misplaced hubris is your psychological malady.

Hungry Nigerian journalist? Ironically sad coming from a Ghanaian.

It is humbling, no doubt, your president rocking up to Nigeria -- even stalking our former President up to the USA -- to beg for the welfare of Ghanaians. It is nothing new, my friend. The rivalry ends in football, deep in the anals of diplomacy, behind closed geopolitical doors, everyone knows who's boss.

And for the gullible who might be apt to beleive the lame defence put up by this man, whose dreams of Ghana are fleeting illusions in desperate bid to seek escapism from his national reality, here are other links that comfirm the report.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/obasanjo-a-gift-to-africa-says-ex-ghana-president-kuffo-2/

http://comment.peacefmonline.com/pages/features/201205/113235.php?storyid=100&

http://www.informationng.com/2013/01/how-obasanjo-saved-ghanas-economy-from-collapse-kufuor.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 22, 2016
MPSA:

Ok, I apologize grin, Give me your coffee please grin
tongue
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
stevecantrell:

Alright, you two should kiss and make up already..
hey booboo, sure you'd like that? where have you been?
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by stevecantrell: 2:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
BlaqCoffee109:
hey booboo, sure you'd like that? where have you been?

I never went nowhere luv...any action from you is OK by me.

just give us some action, Luv...lol !

*Voyeurism mode activated*
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 22, 2016
allthingsgood:

The south african economy has also suffered. Bilateral trade is not synonymous with a gift. Our oil is being sold, they are no dashing us money. If they feel iran suits them better then goodluck with that. But[b] iran is not and will never be a member of opec.[/b] We shall see how far they can go with iran
how did you come about this ? Iran is a member of OPEC . I knew you were an ignoramus.I didnt see this before I mentioned you earlier
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 23, 2016
stevecantrell:

I never went nowhere luv...any action from you is OK by me.
just give us some action, Luv...lol !
*Voyeurism mode activated*
.... smiley

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 23, 2016
Litmus:

Rings true but then again i'm biased since I've never had the same fate in African unity as my fellow Nigerians who seem so obsessed by this. Nigeria will do well to base thire interaction with other African Nations on cold hard practical bases. I love that we are human enough to be emotional and,unlike some, I believe emotion can be a source of strength,but we should learn from the Americans and Chinese how to balance immotion and practical self-interest.

I believe the sentiment in Nigeria after the fall of apartheid was that Nigeria and South Africa were going to be force for good in Africa but I never believed it because black's that have been subjugate for long by whites secretly and unknowingly hate themselves and other black's especially guileless black's like Nigerians. They will in reality effectively fight their former oppressors corner while fooling themselves with radical talk and ineffective radical based policies. I'm sorry but I don't know a better way of putting it so that Nigerians reading this would not roll their eyes dismissively. I can't state it enough but it is sooo important for Nigerians to understand this. South Africa will do all she can to diversify away from Nigeria in future, making money does not override all emotion and certainly not self-hate ones or race based ones, not entirely.

We Nigerians have got to fight for our unity, picking up arms and destroying things is far easier than uniting to create, which is why children that are naturally self-centered and self-centered Africans resort to destroying. Of course, children learn after destroying but adults should already have learned the consequences, you get one chance. Universities in the West place great emphasises on group-work because it is understood that this is a vital skill. For now we have a Nigeria, this Nigeria should reach out and do business in the interest of Nigeria not Africa. As others have stated, Nigerians capable of driving the economy forwards abound. We know that the days of oil are numbered even if the price of oil rises again.

..'nuff said
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 23, 2016
iamord:

^^^^^^^^^this post right here, some weak BS
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 23, 2016
Lezzlie:
Of course it is all fiction and nationalistic folklore just because it doesn't suit the hypocritical and misleading views you're trying to project your country. Delusions of grandeur with a baseless and misplaced hubris is your psychological malady.

It is humbling, no doubt, your president rocking up to Nigeria -- even stalking our former President up to the USA -- to beg for the welfare of Ghanaians. It is nothing new, my friend. The rivalry ends in football, deep in the anals of diplomacy, behind closed geopolitical doors, everyone knows who's boss.

And for the gullible who might be apt to beleive the lame defence put up by this man, whose dreams of Ghana are fleeting illusions in desperate bid to seek escapism from his national reality, here are other links that comfirm the report.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/obasanjo-a-gift-to-africa-says-ex-ghana-president-kuffo-2/

http://www.informationng.com/2013/01/how-obasanjo-saved-ghanas-economy-from-collapse-kufuor.html
...gotta hand it ter ya @ Lezzlie, you just proved who da boss! nice one + 1,000likes cool . Like @Litmus stated, there's need for Nigeria to look inward sociopolitically and economically to do what's best only for Nigeria as against the big brother narratives as its obvious some citizens who at one point or another have benefited from the roles played by The Federal Republic of Nigeria are willfully ignorant or outright ingrates..or both..we have our domestic issues that these resources and manpower can be channelled to...we can't keep handing out meal tickets to these people..Nigeria needs to rise up to her true potentials as an economic power house ...
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by Lezzlie(m): 11:44am On Jan 23, 2016
BlaqCoffee109:
...gotta hand it ter ya @ Lez.zlie, you just proved who da boss! nice one + 1,000likes cool . Like @Litmus stated, there's need for Nigeria to look inward sociopolitically and economically to do what's best only for Nigeria as against the big brother narratives as its obvious some citizens who at one point or another have benefited from the roles played by The Federal Republic of Nigeria are willfully ignorant or outright ingrates..or both..we have our domestic issues that these resources and manpower can be channelled to...we can't keep handing out meal tickets to these people..Nigeria needs to rise up to her true potentials as an economic power house ...
Dear, Nigeria is mapped for greatness, I have written about this severally in my main handle @lezz before the crash of nairaland that resulted in the loss of data.

No doubt we should balance our domestic welfare and economic health within our boarders.

But nations are like individuals, they converge, meet, flex muscles and throw their weight around. That's geopolitics. Nigeria should be there.

Nigerians are one of the most itinerant and entrepreneurial people in Africa nay the world, our citizens are going to move out and their business and skills with them. A country with a developed geopolitical muscle can protect its citizens, their business and its interest far across its borders.

That's why we were able to ractify the slaving E.U treaty signed by Ghana in 2014 that would have enslaved the region. Because we are ECOWAS main donor. We're also the main 6 countries sustaining the AU, the others being

South Africa, Algeria, Egypt, Tunisia and Libya. That's 65% of the entire AU budget, the rest is sourced from foreigners.

Nigeria's banks, services and firms are now scattered across, West, East and Southern Africa and if the country has a weak geopolitical tentacles, our interest will suffer.

But I must say our government has not been able to take advantage completely from her kind guesture to other African countries.

South Africa has done considerably less and is more bullying..... But that has cost her the ire and distrust of most African states wink

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by iamord(m): 12:57pm On Jan 23, 2016
Lezzlie:

Well suit yourself.. I posses the right to refute the claim because Nigerian journalist and bloggers have been known to write all sorts of awkward, deluded and false articles about Ghana to prove a point to ignoramus and hypocrites.. Of which the articles here has half truths and contortions. And even if I stand to be corrected.. the then president kufour as a head of a nation did what's in the best interest of his nation. It also stands that the assistance received was a loan and not free. So what's your point??
But it's appalling that while you try to paint a mediocre picture of Ghana, you forget that Ghana in the some of its institutions made the best use of it scarce resources and capital available. Now if it has created the enabling environment and infrastructure to send gas in a reverse flow to a region in heavy need of gas to support the supply from Nigeria that has been fluctuating since. What then is your bone of contention?

http://allafrica.com/stories/201509290575.html
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by MPSA(m): 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2016
Lezzlie:
Dear, Nigeria is mapped for greatness, I have written about this severally in my main handle @lezz before the crash of nairaland that resulted in the loss of data.

No doubt we should balance our domestic welfare and economic health within our boarders.

But nations are like individuals, they converge, meet, flex muscles and throw their weight around. That's geopolitics. Nigeria should be there.

Nigerians are one of the most itinerant and entrepreneurial people in Africa nay the world, our citizens are going to move out and their business and skills with them. A country with a developed geopolitical muscle can protect its citizens, their business and its interest far across its borders.

That's why we were able to ractify the slaving E.U treaty signed by Ghana in 2014 that would have enslaved the region. Because we are ECOWAS main donor. We're also the main 6 countries sustaining the AU, the others being

South Africa, Algeria, Egypt, Tunisia and Libya. That's 65% of the entire AU budget, the rest is sourced from foreigners.

Nigeria's banks, services and firms are now scattered across, West, East and Southern Africa and if the country has a weak geopolitical tentacles, our interest will suffer.

But I must say our government has not been able to take advantage completely from her kind guesture to other African countries.

South Africa has done considerably less and is more bullying..... But that has cost her the ire and distrust of most African states wink

Hey! Don't talk bad about my country(SA), watch your mouth!
Re: South Africa To Stop Buying Crude Oil From Nigeria, Opens Talks With Iran by Lezzlie(m): 1:19pm On Jan 23, 2016
iamord:

Well suit yourself.. I posses the right to refute the claim because Nigerian journalist and bloggers have been known to write all sorts of awkward, deluded and false articles about Ghana to prove a point to ignoramus and hypocrites..
You really have a misplaced value on your opinion. Please, in the abscence of proof, your submissions are nothing but an overflow of emotions of denials. Your president was quoted verbatim and he hasn't refuted it. Patriotism always bothers overzealous nationalists who don't accept fact.. Nigerian journalists do not prioritise Ghana, why would they do that? What's to gain? Only one Ghana source dubbed that cash a loan, and guess what, the source was composing who Ghana's greatest rulers are and kuffor was the top favourite of that blogger. Monies like that often are categorised as loans for the purpose of political expediency and good tastes.
iamord:
Of which the articles here has half truths and contortions. And even if I stand to be corrected.. the then president kufour as a head of a nation did what's in the best interest of his nation. It also stands that the assistance received was a loan and not free. So what's your point??
But it's appalling that while you try to paint a mediocre picture of Ghana, you forget that Ghana in the some of its institutions made the best use of it scarce resources and capital available.
Ghana, has no scarce resources. Dont drop that lame excuse. Ghana has had gold and other resources before NIGERIA had independence. With a meagre population of 25 million, I see no reason for excuses. And I'm not painting any demeaning picture of Ghana. I'm saying Ghana lacks the financial muscle to build gas facilities to supply the entire sub-region #_fuckingfact. You owe IMF plenty that even outgrow your GDP, you owe Nigeria gas remittal. If you were hepled to build your own gas pipeline which you would employ in taking our gas for a pittance, how could you be talking about building a massive infrastructure for an entire sub-region?
iamord:

Now if it has created the enabling environment and infrastructure to send gas in a reverse flow to a region in heavy need of gas to support the supply from Nigeria that has been fluctuating since. What then is your bone of contention?

http://allafrica.com/stories/201509290575.html
Enabling environment? What stands in the way ? It is all wishful thinking from you. Ghana should supply herself enough gas first before becoming a major player.

Records still say your country still receives gas from Nigeria which your economy rely on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Maryam Shetty Marries, 10 Months After Losing Ministerial Appointment / Gov Sanwo-olu Pictured Sitting Inside Mosque While President Tinubu Prays / Heavy Security At Benin Airport Over Oshiomhole’s Arrival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.